Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Pops

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
katersatz

Re: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Pops

Postby katersatz » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:48 pm

Just watched the most recent episode, all caught up...it's better than I could have imagined...I'll gladly add any Pops that come out to my collection... and... now I have to wait another week???!

This is @#&$*%! :eek: ](*,) ;-)

(Also, I realized way too late that I should have been watching all the way through the end... had to go back and catch all the post-credits stuff. Love it. lol )
"Everyone's a fan of...too many things."

Image ImageImage Image

omarwinkie

Postby omarwinkie » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:56 pm

I will add this to my watch list

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:12 pm

Episode 22
Spoiler: show
This episode was really interesting. The Hashira were all interesting and seeing a glimpse of their personality and powers was fun. My favorites are the serpent and the love pillars. The wind pillar was seriously p*** me off. Poor Nezuko! The cliffhanger was agonizing. I know she’s going to keep her cool, she’s got this but having to wait a whole week is not cool.
The dangers of watching anime as it airs.
What did you guys think of the episode? Who is your favorite Hashira member?
Hi, I’m Steph.

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:41 am

TheStephil wrote:Episode 22
This episode was really interesting. The Hashira were all interesting and seeing a glimpse of their personality and powers was fun. My favorites are the serpent and the love pillars. The wind pillar was seriously p*** me off. Poor Nezuko! The cliffhanger was agonizing. I know she’s going to keep her cool, she’s got this but having to wait a whole week is not cool.

That Tanjiro headbutt made me cheer outloud! He never ceases to amaze me. You're post on IG is such an accurate depiction of how we all felt after that cliffhanger lol. A good episode in my opinion. The revered respect that everyone has for the master. Each episode just forms new questions. Which in this case, is not a bad thing. I love that there is still so much left to explain. Makes me look forward to a long anime.
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:43 am

katersatz wrote:Just watched the most recent episode, all caught up...it's better than I could have imagined...I'll gladly add any Pops that come out to my collection... and... now I have to wait another week???!

(Also, I realized way too late that I should have been watching all the way through the end... had to go back and catch all the post-credits stuff. Love it. lol )

This was my first time catching the post credit scene, too! Do all episodes have that? Now I have to go back and do the same thing.. lol
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening

WildberryPOPtarts33

Postby WildberryPOPtarts33 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:52 am

The show is pretty good, especially compared to most of the garbage they toss out to us lately. I wouldn't mind seeing these guys in pop form. I wouldn't buy the full set, but having a Tanjiro might be neat!
My name is Morgan. Former admin at KY Funko League of Awesomeness, collector of all things Spider-Gwen, Wonder Woman, and anime.
ISO Asuna proto
@superfunkobros

Funklub #13467 :freddy4:

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:47 am

Toys R Us Kid wrote:

That Tanjiro headbutt made me cheer outloud! He never ceases to amaze me. You're post on IG is such an accurate depiction of how we all felt after that cliffhanger lol. A good episode in my opinion. The revered respect that everyone has for the master. Each episode just forms new questions. Which in this case, is not a bad thing. I love that there is still so much left to explain. Makes me look forward to a long anime.

I was rather amused that Tanjiro had no idea who or what the Hashira were. He's just a demon slayer to slay demons and save his sister.

Oh and yeah the Wind Pillar is a P.O.S. I know it wont happen but i wanted him to get the wrath of Nezuko.

And now we are just waiting until next week.

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:25 am

Hirokus_bane wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:

I was rather amused that Tanjiro had no idea who or what the Hashira were. He's just a demon slayer to slay demons and save his sister.

Oh and yeah the Wind Pillar is a P.O.S. I know it wont happen but i wanted him to get the wrath of Nezuko.

I loved that IG post! Such a great episode too! Looking forward to Saturday already and more headbutt action!
Hi, I'm Dillon!

IG: cptsailor

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:14 am

I really gotta watch!

katersatz

Postby katersatz » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:29 am

Toys R Us Kid wrote:
katersatz wrote:Just watched the most recent episode, all caught up...it's better than I could have imagined...I'll gladly add any Pops that come out to my collection... and... now I have to wait another week???!

This was my first time catching the post credit scene, too! Do all episodes have that? Now I have to go back and do the same thing.. lol

Almost all...maybe not the first one or two? It's all a blur! Fast-forward, watch...fast-forward, watch...fast-forward...gotta catch all those Taisho secrets! ;-)
"Everyone's a fan of...too many things."

Image ImageImage Image

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:27 pm

cptsailor wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:

I loved that IG post! Such a great episode too! Looking forward to Saturday already and more headbutt action!

So my review of the episode:

Tanjiro headbutting the Wind Pillar was oh so satisfying and the other pillars I feel like were oddly impressed by it.

Wind Pillar really p*** me off with how he was toying around with Nezuko, yet I can understand it. Imagine you went through something similar to Tanjiro except no one survived and you had a growing hatred for demons. That's what I love about Kimetsu, it dodges the anime tropes where something happens and everyone should just be okay with it. Like, I would've loved for all the pillars to be okay with it but imagining what they must've been through to get to the point they are at, it just doesn't make any sense in the matter.

I kind of wish Tomioka would've stepped in against wind pillar but I'm wondering if he's keeping quiet to let the other pillars come to realize that tanjiro and nezuko can be trusted on their own accord.

I hope the master reprimands wind pillar for being disrespectful against his wishes, like shows us a tiny bit of why everyone respects him so highly.

KNY has to take the worst cliffhangers of 2019. Like they are notorious for it. I CAN NOT wait to see what happens next week. I want to know if Nezuko will fight back or how this will all pan out
A funatic who is 1% more obsessed with anime than Funko.

| Pops: 1530 | Dorbz: 18 | IG: 91shawny

ImageImageImageImage

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:28 pm

Toys R Us Kid wrote:

oh you mean the taisho secrets when they jump out the manga panels and give us some commentaries and comedy? Yea every episode has had it lol

ImageImageImageImage

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:32 pm

91shawny wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

Tanjiro headbutting the Wind Pillar was oh so satisfying and the other pillars I feel like were oddly impressed by it.

Wind Pillar really p*** me off with how he was toying around with Nezuko, yet I can understand it. Imagine you went through something similar to Tanjiro except no one survived and you had a growing hatred for demons. That's what I love about Kimetsu, it dodges the anime tropes where something happens and everyone should just be okay with it. Like, I would've loved for all the pillars to be okay with it but imagining what they must've been through to get to the point they are at, it just doesn't make any sense in the matter.

I kind of wish Tomioka would've stepped in against wind pillar but I'm wondering if he's keeping quiet to let the other pillars come to realize that tanjiro and nezuko can be trusted on their own accord.

I hope the master reprimands wind pillar for being disrespectful against his wishes, like shows us a tiny bit of why everyone respects him so highly.

KNY has to take the worst cliffhangers of 2019. Like they are notorious for it. I CAN NOT wait to see what happens next week. I want to know if Nezuko will fight back or how this will all pan out

The cliff hangers have been totally brutal. I agree with Tomioka, but I suppose they could have a stronger bond to Tanjiro/Nezuko if they learn themselves. They obviously didn't care too much with the supuku statement. I'm very excited to see how the other breathing techniques look when the Hashira use them. I absolutely loved the Insect and Water animations and coloring.
Hi, I'm Dillon!

Typale

Postby Typale » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:47 pm

Hashira 8 pack!! haha ... I dont wanna wait any longer!! can't we get like two episodes a week haha
As Brian Mariotti once said.... Go boxless, it’s more fun!

Image Image

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:24 pm

91shawny wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

I feel the same way about Tomioka. He had to let them figure it out on their own and he trusts the master and Nezuko to make the right choice. I rather Nezuko destroy the wind pillar but that goes against the character they've built for her so that seems unlikely. It would be very satisfying regardless.
I understand what you mean. Wild Pillar was a total tool but it's understandable why. Most demons are nothing but blood thirsty killers and I have to imagine all of the pillars came from horrifying experiences with demons to join the demon slayer corp and climb up the ranks.
I want to know more about this master. He's intriguing and despite being blind, they all respect him.
Tanjiro finding out his sensei wrote to the master on his and Nezuko's behalf got me emotional. It was a touching moment.

And more head butting would be enjoyable. It's Tanjiro's best power lol
Hi, I’m Steph.

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:32 am

91shawny wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:

oh you mean the taisho secrets when they jump out the manga panels and give us some commentaries and comedy? Yea every episode has had it lol

Dang it, I have some catching up to do then lol *facepalm*

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:39 am

91shawny wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

I hope Nezuko fights back a little, to protect herself and Tanjiro, but doesn't actually hurt anyone. Just proves she has self control and knows when to stop.

They make it a point to show wind pillar with a lot of scars. So he's obviously been through some vicious battles. I'm sure they all have. Definitely understand where they're coming from. There's no way we would trust the enemy off the bat, if we were in their shoes. Even if she proves herself, I don't think they will ever fully trust her.

With only four episodes to go, I hope we don't get left off on a HUGE season cliff hanger. A week I can handle, but who knows when the second season will return. @____@

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:06 pm

Toys R Us Kid wrote:
91shawny wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:

Just wait until the series ends and then rewatch the whole thing in one long binge session and catch them then.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Pogiboy67

Postby Pogiboy67 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:25 am

I actually enjoy this series more than my hero...
:freddy2: POGIBOY67

ImageImageImage

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:23 pm

Toys R Us Kid wrote:
91shawny wrote:
cptsailor wrote:

I hope Nezuko fights back a little, to protect herself and Tanjiro, but doesn't actually hurt anyone. Just proves she has self control and knows when to stop.

They make it a point to show wind pillar with a lot of scars. So he's obviously been through some vicious battles. I'm sure they all have. Definitely understand where they're coming from. There's no way we would trust the enemy off the bat, if we were in their shoes. Even if she proves herself, I don't think they will ever fully trust her.

With only four episodes to go, I hope we don't get left off on a HUGE season cliff hanger. A week I can handle, but who knows when the second season will return. @____@

oh dont remind me that the season is wrapping up in just a few weeks. Looking forward to the next episode but I hope
Nezuko walks the line between putting the wind pillar in his place and showing that she isnt just another demon.

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:53 am

TheStephil wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:
91shawny wrote:

Just wait until the series ends and then rewatch the whole thing in one long binge session and catch them then.

I will probably end up doing this! I'm doing it as we speak with MHA in preparation for the new season.

BigEvilDad

Postby BigEvilDad » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:55 am

dork_knight wrote:
91shawny wrote:I mean if you haven't heard or watched this summer's hot new anime Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, then what are you doing!? Go now!

With that being said, last week's episode broke the internet and was trending on twitter, so the potential should be there for the pops?

For a starting four, its pretty obvious to go with Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Nezuko, and Inosuke (boar head)

Duuuuude. I just started. My buddies have been urging us to watch it. I'm only on ep3. Hopefully I can watch more this weekend :P

It’s really really good! And if you like that, you should check out Fire Force too... cool alternate universe anime...
~Big Evil Dad

SDCC: 1996-2023
Fundays: 2016 - 2022

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:14 am

BigEvilDad wrote:
dork_knight wrote:
91shawny wrote:I mean if you haven't heard or watched this summer's hot new anime Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, then what are you doing!? Go now!

With that being said, last week's episode broke the internet and was trending on twitter, so the potential should be there for the pops?

For a starting four, its pretty obvious to go with Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Nezuko, and Inosuke (boar head)

Duuuuude. I just started. My buddies have been urging us to watch it. I'm only on ep3. Hopefully I can watch more this weekend :P

It’s really really good! And if you like that, you should check out Fire Force too... cool alternate universe anime...

Fire Force is another one I need to start too!

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:27 am

Toys R Us Kid wrote:
BigEvilDad wrote:
dork_knight wrote:

Same here!
Hi, I’m Steph.

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:29 pm

Toys R Us Kid wrote:
BigEvilDad wrote:
dork_knight wrote:

Fire Force has been a pretty decent! It is my third favorite for this quarter.
Hi, I'm Dillon!

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:58 pm

All I can say is that this anime is dope. I'm all in for Pops in this series.
IG: chasingvynl
Hello my name is Ken!
Pop Count: Too much
Main Line: GOT, WD, Disney, Simpsons, DBZ/DBS, Anime, Naruto
SDCC 17, SDCC 18, SDCC 19, ECCC 18, CRX 19, SDCC 22
ISO: Anime protos

Image Image

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:58 pm

cptsailor wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:
BigEvilDad wrote:

One thing I love about fire force is like by episode 3 they already dive into the plot. Like there’s no bs-ing, they get right to it and it’s good enough where you can still understand everything going on.

ImageImageImageImage

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:39 pm

91shawny wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:

One thing I love about fire force is like by episode 3 they already dive into the plot. Like there’s no bs-ing, they get right to it and it’s good enough where you can still understand everything going on.

For sure! It is very fast paced for a shonen. I enjoy it quite a bit. My biggest gripe is the unneeded fan service with Fire Kitty. Especially in the latest episode. Just doesn't feel needed.
Hi, I'm Dillon!

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:26 am

cptsailor wrote:
91shawny wrote:
cptsailor wrote:

For sure! It is very fast paced for a shonen. I enjoy it quite a bit. My biggest gripe is the unneeded fan service with Fire Kitty. Especially in the latest episode. Just doesn't feel needed.

Yea, I don't remember if soul eater even focused on fan service like that. I guess it's common of shonen to have some sort of fan service just for quota but that's the beauty of Fire Force,so good you dont even need it. But better for them to get it out the way to
have her join squad 8
and better to be early than later when things get even more intense.

ImageImageImageImage

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:14 am

91shawny wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
91shawny wrote:

Yea, I don't remember if soul eater even focused on fan service like that. I guess it's common of shonen to have some sort of fan service just for quota but that's the beauty of Fire Force,so good you dont even need it. But better for them to get it out the way to
have her join squad 8

Definitely, I don't mind fan service in funny shows, IE Konosuba. Younger me would love it, but older married me finds it harder to watch haha. But yes, the show carries itself very well and knows what it is doing, which is refreshing and wonderful!
Soul Eater had fan service with witches and the Witch/Kitty (can't remember her name). Pretty mild if I remember right though.
Hi, I'm Dillon!

Typale

Postby Typale » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:09 am

cptsailor wrote:
91shawny wrote:
cptsailor wrote:

have her join squad 8

Definitely, I don't mind fan service in funny shows, IE Konosuba. Younger me would love it, but older married me finds it harder to watch haha. But yes, the show carries itself very well and knows what it is doing, which is refreshing and wonderful!
Soul Eater had fan service with witches and the Witch/Kitty (can't remember her name). Pretty mild if I remember right though.

I’m liking fire force too. Good fights and it’s enjoyable. I do agree on the fan service not necessarily bring necessary but so many shows have it as a staple.

Image Image

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:25 am

Typale wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
91shawny wrote:
have her join squad 8

I’m liking fire force too. Good fights and it’s enjoyable. I do agree on the fan service not necessarily bring necessary but so many shows have it as a staple.

For sure. It is geared towards young boys, hence the genre name, cultural difference to an extent too. I can look past it but in the recent episode when
Tamaki's gown was burnt to lingere, I was like "cmon!" Hahaha
Hi, I'm Dillon!

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:43 am

Ok guys, I'll watch Fire Force. lol
Hi, I’m Steph.

Typale

Postby Typale » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:03 pm

TheStephil wrote:Ok guys, I'll watch Fire Force. lol

Mission accomplished

Image Image

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:55 pm

Hirokus_bane wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:
agree with both of you.

I just hope they keep building on the legacy and dont just recycle it. It's great seeing new concepts on the genres that we have become used to. Pushing both the animation and the story. I have to say I've watched a lot of anime but some of these recent ones have been refreshing.

Exactly because there was a point where like a lot of the big hitter animes were following the format of a tournament of power arc. It definitely is refreshing to see something a little more unique but still has the creative spirit of the legacy that comes before it. Theres so many on my list to watch and its been a while since i had this many anime shows to catch.

yeah it's a good thing but its daunting having the backlog. It's hard to decide what to watch next. Hell some of them that I just finished I want to watch again.

Thats how i felt when i finished HxH but i knew deep down in my heart that the show must go on.. even if the show is damned good. !
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:53 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Exactly because there was a point where like a lot of the big hitter animes were following the format of a tournament of power arc. It definitely is refreshing to see something a little more unique but still has the creative spirit of the legacy that comes before it. Theres so many on my list to watch and its been a while since i had this many anime shows to catch.

yeah it's a good thing but its daunting having the backlog. It's hard to decide what to watch next. Hell some of them that I just finished I want to watch again.

Thats how i felt when i finished HxH but i knew deep down in my heart that the show must go on.. even if the show is damned good. !

yeah HxH is really good but it was long. Its strange to me how some anime are 200 to 800 episodes and might still be going. And then others are 25 to 50 yet seem to be just as popular. Then again I'm sure many people want those shorter run anime to keep going forever.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:57 pm

Hirokus_bane wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

yeah HxH is really good but it was long. Its strange to me how some anime are 200 to 800 episodes and might still be going. And then others are 25 to 50 yet seem to be just as popular. Then again I'm sure many people want those shorter run anime to keep going forever.

It's a fine line between not enough and too many episodes. Some anime stops too short when it's still really good and fresh and others keep going and they get to a point where it's too much. It's better in my mind to stop after a few seasons then get repetitive and boring. Despite loving Fairy Tail, there were some later seasons that I felt weren't necessary and they should have ended it earlier. This final season is really good and I like the direction it's going but that's not always the case with the long anime.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:38 pm

Typale wrote:
TheStephil wrote:Ok guys, I'll watch Fire Force. lol

Mission accomplished

I need to start.
FUNKO FUNDAYS 2015, 2016, 2022
FDO LA 6
World Premiere Making Fun

Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
FUNKON 2021

Typale

Postby Typale » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:00 pm

TheStephil wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:Thats how i felt when i finished HxH but i knew deep down in my heart that the show must go on.. even if the show is damned good. !

It's a fine line between not enough and too many episodes. Some anime stops too short when it's still really good and fresh and others keep going and they get to a point where it's too much. It's better in my mind to stop after a few seasons then get repetitive and boring. Despite loving Fairy Tail, there were some later seasons that I felt weren't necessary and they should have ended it earlier. This final season is really good and I like the direction it's going but that's not always the case with the long anime.

Completely agree. Some of the best anime’s went too long and just got boring and repetitive

Image Image

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:06 pm

Typale wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

Completely agree. Some of the best anime’s went too long and just got boring and repetitive

I've found most great shows that aren't Shounen to be in the 12-24 range. As for Shounen, I feel that when they pass 100 episodes is when I start to lose interest.
Hi, I'm Dillon!

Return to “Pop!”