Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).

What's Next

Star Wars
33%
Pez
33%
Figures With Hats
19%
Music
15%

Total votes: 160

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby thejosh2010 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:17 pm

Scotty wrote:Well, here it is--another Wobbler Wednesday and no new post. Hmm.

Well, about 6 years ago I had a great week of Freddy acquisitions and put together a week-long Freddy-themed dance. It took a lot of work, so for Wobbler Wednesday, I present a rehash of Freddy TV.
[NOTE: unfortunately, a couple of pictures were deleted in my flickr account so a couple are missing #-o ]

Orginal post started on: Jan 28, 2013.

Spoiler: show
Been a little busy over the last month. Decided I should take a break and watch some TV. Thought I'd share my downtime this week with my fellow Funatics. You ready for a week with Freddy?

Let's see what's on tonight. Looks like that Munsters and Addam's Family knock off.

[ :blush: Deleted picture; It was a classic looking tv; I think the background was the Munster mansion and it had the two Freddys pasted in there.]

Love the Freddys

ImageImage

Tune in tomorrow to see a new episode. :cheers:

So, is it too early to see what's on TV tonight. I believe it's a special episode of Land of the Lost, the one where Freddy Stark circles the earth (counterclockwise) at a high rate of speed and finds himself thrown back in time, where he encounters one of his ancient ancestors, Sleestak Freddy. What a coincidence.

See ya tomorrow, same bat time, same bat channel. #-o Only if there WAS a Bat Freddy.

Oh good, one of my all time favorites...

Faster than a metallic Chase Flash, more powerful than a Hulk Wobbler, able to leap 20 inch Funko banks in a single bound. Look, up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Super Freddy. Strange visitor from a vinyl planet, who came to earth with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men, Super Freddy, who can change the colors of mighty protos, bend vinyl in his bare hands, and who disguised as Fred Kent, mild mannered toy maker for a great metropolitan toy store, fights a never-ending battle for truth, fun, and the Funatic way. And now, another exciting episode of the Adventures of Super Freddy.

Well, it's that time again. Kind of feel like watching a movie tonight.

Oh, first a commercial...

[ :blush: Deleted picture: this one was the Freddy poster from Wild Bills that said, "Freddy Wants You" and I pasted in the Uncle Freddy wobbler.]

Hmm, already did my time. Time for some youngsters to step up.

Ah, here we go, one of my favorites, Bond, Frederick Bond. And this is a classic...Gold Suit Freddy with the Gold Finger. Wish I had some pop corn. Geez, Gold Suit suffocated that poor girl by dipping her in gold paint. Why do they both look so happy? :-k

Tune in tomorrow for our last episode.

Well, tonight is the last night of the weekday of TV with Freddy. Wonder what I should watch tonight. Let's see what's on TV Land. Okay, the Brady Bunch. I like this episode. This is the one where Alice is mad at her boyfriend, Sam the butcher, so Jan and Cindy go to the grocer down the street and try to hook Alice up with Freddy the Grocer. Ah, good times, good times.

And here he is...I am so EXCITED to have this Freddy...40-inch Shopping Cart Freddy. I put a regular Freddy next to him so some of the new Funatics could get an idea of the scale of this guy. He's a monster.

Well, I hope you enjoyed hanging with Freddy this week, here's the entire gang of new additions...

Wow Scotty, what a terrific stroll down memory lane with all them amazing Freddy’s!! Love those clever edits :headbang:

Since I’m out of town for the next several days, I’ll have to settle for sharing something handy on my phone for this Wobbler Wednesday!! Presenting a complete set of Johnny Fangs, including a pre-production rejected sample of the Cameron Collectibles LE8 chase!! :smt079 Wobble on funatics!!

COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:30 pm

Well, about 6 years ago I had a great week of Freddy acquisitions and put together a week-long Freddy-themed dance. It took a lot of work, so for Wobbler Wednesday, I present a rehash of Freddy TV.
[NOTE: unfortunately, a couple of pictures were deleted in my flickr account so a couple are missing #-o ]

Been a little busy over the last month. Decided I should take a break and watch some TV. Thought I'd share my downtime this week with my fellow Funatics. You ready for a week with Freddy?

Let's see what's on tonight. Looks like that Munsters and Addam's Family knock off.

[ :blush: Deleted picture; It was a classic looking tv; I think the background was the Munster mansion and it had the two Freddys pasted in there.]

Love the Freddys

ImageImage

So, is it too early to see what's on TV tonight. I believe it's a special episode of Land of the Lost, the one where Freddy Stark circles the earth (counterclockwise) at a high rate of speed and finds himself thrown back in time, where he encounters one of his ancient ancestors, Sleestak Freddy. What a coincidence.

See ya tomorrow, same bat time, same bat channel. #-o Only if there WAS a Bat Freddy.

Faster than a metallic Chase Flash, more powerful than a Hulk Wobbler, able to leap 20 inch Funko banks in a single bound. Look, up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Super Freddy. Strange visitor from a vinyl planet, who came to earth with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men, Super Freddy, who can change the colors of mighty protos, bend vinyl in his bare hands, and who disguised as Fred Kent, mild mannered toy maker for a great metropolitan toy store, fights a never-ending battle for truth, fun, and the Funatic way. And now, another exciting episode of the Adventures of Super Freddy.

[ :blush: Deleted picture: this one was the Freddy poster from Wild Bills that said, "Freddy Wants You" and I pasted in the Uncle Freddy wobbler.]

Ah, here we go, one of my favorites, Bond, Frederick Bond. And this is a classic...Gold Suit Freddy with the Gold Finger. Wish I had some pop corn. Geez, Gold Suit suffocated that poor girl by dipping her in gold paint. Why do they both look so happy? :-k

Well, tonight is the last night of the weekday of TV with Freddy. Wonder what I should watch tonight. Let's see what's on TV Land. Okay, the Brady Bunch. I like this episode. This is the one where Alice is mad at her boyfriend, Sam the butcher, so Jan and Cindy go to the grocer down the street and try to hook Alice up with Freddy the Grocer. Ah, good times, good times.

And here he is...I am so EXCITED to have this Freddy...40-inch Shopping Cart Freddy. I put a regular Freddy next to him so some of the new Funatics could get an idea of the scale of this guy. He's a monster.

Well, I hope you enjoyed hanging with Freddy this week, here's the entire gang of new additions...

Awesome job! Somebody had lots of time. Definitely made me smile the entire time. Loved it! I have been busy lately and have am behind on lots of things. Thank you so much for sharing this awesome story! Hopefully next week I will have some more time to share something special.

kevinbuddha
Hall of Fame Class of 2007

Postby kevinbuddha » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:31 pm

Super stuff Scotty & Josh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are my contributions to wobbler Wednesday!!!!

KISS Mini Wacky Wobbler Protos

Heat Miser & Snow Miser Protos

A wonderfully rare piece from Scotty! Isn't that wacky Wobbler a Beauty!!!!

Enjoy!!
Minnesota.....where the Sleestaks & Pakuni run free!

Funko's Official Historian

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:32 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:

Love the Freddys

ImageImage

Wow Scotty, what a terrific stroll down memory lane with all them amazing Freddy’s!! Love those clever edits :headbang:

Since I’m out of town for the next several days, I’ll have to settle for sharing something handy on my phone for this Wobbler Wednesday!! Presenting a complete set of Johnny Fangs, including a pre-production rejected sample of the Cameron Collectibles LE8 chase!! :smt079 Wobble on funatics!!

Thanks Josh! Love the Johnny Fangs. But unfortunately I still do not have any. Maybe some day I will bring home atleast 1. Thanks for sharing!

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:35 pm

kevinbuddha wrote:Super stuff Scotty & Josh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy!!

Thanks Kevin! Love all the protos you got. Lots and lots of protos. Those Kiss ones are great right next to the snow and heat miser. Thank you so much for sharing!

kevinbuddha

Postby kevinbuddha » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:37 pm

Okay I have one more. This is a custom piece made by the very famous Funkolicious (Bob)!!!

Fredeestak

Trust Me the pics do not do it justice!

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:37 pm

i don't own any wobblers yet, but i did enjoy seeing all you guys pics, thanks for sharing. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:44 pm

Josh, the Johnny Fangs are quite a cool collection. Which one of the metalics is the rejected one? Do you know what was rejected about it? the shade of green?

Great protos Kevin, as usual. That Scotty is pretty darn cute, isn't he.
Image Image
2013 Rookie of the Year - COTM May 2014

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:48 pm

Enjoy!!

Those Gorton’s Fisherman are especially rad Kevin!! That one in the center handpainted?? And how did I miss the Gorton’s referee Wobbler! :-$ I’ve still got to get that production one..is the one pictured handpainted as well??

kevinbuddha wrote:Okay I have one more. This is a custom piece made by the very famous Funkolicious (Bob)!!!

Fredeestak

Every time I see this I am absolutely amazed at how cool it is!!
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

kevinbuddha

Postby kevinbuddha » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:12 am

thejosh2010 wrote:

Enjoy!!

Those Gorton’s Fisherman are especially rad Kevin!! That one in the center handpainted?? And how did I miss the Gorton’s referee Wobbler! :-$ I’ve still got to get that production one..is the one pictured handpainted as well??

kevinbuddha wrote:Okay I have one more. This is a custom piece made by the very famous Funkolicious (Bob)!!!

Fredeestak

Every time I see this I am absolutely amazed at how cool it is!!

Josh, The Gorton's Referee Wobbler is hand painted and the body and base is made of plaster, not PVC. It is especially delicate and that is why I keep it in a display case. I have always loved the Gortons Fisherman and I was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time to snag those protos.

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:23 pm

Fredeestak

You snuck one in on me. This is a really cool looking custom. Lots of great detail on this. I would have definitely bought one if it was made. Customs are really cool to make. Working on one right now for NYCC tiny ghost. But have a really cool idea to do for Fundays next year with pops. Just waiting to start until after toy fair reveals. Want to make sure they do not make what I want to do. But I have started brainstorming, getting pics together and I have picked up a few items and experimented a little to see.

kevinbuddha

Postby kevinbuddha » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:50 pm

Okay so I am a little late in posting, but it is still Wednesday! So here we go!

Yes I am still missing the white proto of Shredder!

A little Surfer Rat Fink is good for everyone!!!

Zoinks! It the witch doctor Scooby......…or as I remember watching this episode first run (not in re-runs) the witch doctor was known as Man-o-tiki-tia.

Enjoy everyone!!!

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:02 am

kevinbuddha wrote:Okay so I am a little late in posting, but it is still Wednesday! So here we go!

Zoinks! It the witch doctor Scooby......…or as I remember watching this episode first run (not in re-runs) the witch doctor was known as Man-o-tiki-tia.

Enjoy everyone!!!

Great choices Kevin!! \:D/
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:55 am

kevinbuddha wrote:Okay so I am a little late in posting, but it is still Wednesday! So here we go!

Enjoy everyone!!!

Those TMNT protos! :love10: Thanks for sharing Kevin!
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:59 pm

Enjoy everyone!!!

Thanks for sharing, Kevin!

That Witch Doctor prototype takes the cake for me! \:D/ \:D/
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

kevinbuddha

Postby kevinbuddha » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:48 pm

renardchua wrote:

Enjoy everyone!!!

Oh boy! Then do I have a picture for you Renard. I have to get some Rhino glue first though.....

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:10 pm

kevinbuddha wrote:
renardchua wrote:

Enjoy everyone!!!

Oh boy! Then do I have a picture for you Renard. I have to get some Rhino glue first though.....

Scooby Doo where are you? Love it!

kevinbuddha

Postby kevinbuddha » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:16 am

Okay, here are some oldies, but goodies since I do not have any new pics to post. Although I do not know if I have posted any of these before, but very possible. Enjoy and yes I am late to Wobbler Wednesday :brilsmurf:

From my former funko room - Che Guevara complete

Duck Dodgers Instant Martian Proto

KISS Blox Proto

Kirk & Spock Quogs

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:02 am

kevinbuddha wrote:Okay, here are some oldies, but goodies since I do not have any new pics to post. Although I do not know if I have posted any of these before, but very possible. Enjoy and yes I am late to Wobbler Wednesday :brilsmurf:

KISS Blox Proto

Kirk & Spock Quogs

That Duck Dodgers proto!! :happy2:
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:24 am

kevinbuddha wrote:Okay, here are some oldies, but goodies since I do not have any new pics to post. Although I do not know if I have posted any of these before, but very possible. Enjoy and yes I am late to Wobbler Wednesday :brilsmurf:

KISS Blox Proto

Kirk & Spock Quogs

Those are awesome Kevin!!
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:56 pm

KISS Blox Proto

Kirk & Spock Quogs

Awesome Kiss Blox proto. Different but satisfying!

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:03 pm

Nice protos Kevin. You have more Wobbler protos than most people have Wobblers.
Image Image

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:29 pm

A day late, but we've got to get some pics going.

Nothing special here, just the Charlie Tuna - pink tongue variant. This came out in 2002 with the regular, red tongue version. The red tongue had a run of 7,200, where as the pink tongue had a run of 1500. I decided just to get the rarer of the two to conserve space.

When I was growing up (late 60's through the 70's) Charlie was a very famous ad icon. The catch phrase "Sorry Charlie" was used quite a bit by the youngsters across America. "Sorry Charlie, Starkist doesn't want tuna with good taste, they want tuna that tastes good."

Image Image

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:18 pm

Scotty wrote:.

Nothing special here, just the Charlie Tuna - pink tongue variant. This came out in 2002 with the regular, red tongue version. The red tongue had a run of 7,200, where as the pink tongue had a run of 1500. I decided just to get the rarer of the two to conserve space.

When I was growing up (late 60's through the 70's) Charlie was a very famous ad icon. The catch phrase "Sorry Charlie" was used quite a bit by the youngsters across America. "Sorry Charlie, Starkist doesn't want tuna with good taste, they want tuna that tastes good."

This ad icon definitely kicks bass!! Nice one Scotty! I didn’t even realize there were two different versions! Always fun learning about old school Funko!!
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

kevinbuddha

Postby kevinbuddha » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:45 pm

I forget about these things because they are such common knowledge to me that I assume that everyone knows. Thanks for giving everyone a Funko lesson today!

I wonder if they know about Bazooka Joe? I will try to get some pictures first :D

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:29 pm

I really enjoy seeing pics and hearing stories that involve that older side of funko. I also learned something new today because I had no idea there were 2 variants. I have to check mine at home and see which of the two I have. I honestly never even paid attention to the color of the tongue. Thanks for sharing and teaching me something new today :)

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:23 am

kevinbuddha wrote:

I forget about these things because they are such common knowledge to me that I assume that everyone knows. Thanks for giving everyone a Funko lesson today!

I wonder if they know about Bazooka Joe? I will try to get some pictures first :D

Sweet Tuna. I do remember a little bit about the ad's on TV. Definitely lots of awesome wobblers produced over the years. Bazooka Joe was another great ad icon and cant wait to see what you have for that one. I remember going to little league soccer and baseball and always going over to fill up on that gum for the week. It was something like 5 cents a piece.

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:53 am

TJLAUTERBACH wrote: Sweet Tuna. I do remember a little bit about the ad's on TV. Definitely lots of awesome wobblers produced over the years. Bazooka Joe was another great ad icon and cant wait to see what you have for that one. I remember going to little league soccer and baseball and always going over to fill up on that gum for the week. It was something like 5 cents a piece.

Oh TJ, you're making me feel my age. When I walked home from school (circa 1967) I'd stop by the drug store and pick up a piece of Bazooka every day - 1 cent. Nothing better than the smell of a freshly opened piece of Bazooka, and reading the little Bazooka Joe comic strip inside. Now that was living.
Image Image

kevinbuddha

Postby kevinbuddha » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:03 pm

Scotty wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote: Sweet Tuna. I do remember a little bit about the ad's on TV. Definitely lots of awesome wobblers produced over the years. Bazooka Joe was another great ad icon and cant wait to see what you have for that one. I remember going to little league soccer and baseball and always going over to fill up on that gum for the week. It was something like 5 cents a piece.

Oh TJ, you're making me feel my age. When I walked home from school (circa 1967) I'd stop by the drug store and pick up a piece of Bazooka every day - 1 cent. Nothing better than the smell of a freshly opened piece of Bazooka, and reading the little Bazooka Joe comic strip inside. Now that was living.

………………..and hearing from the TV set....."Sorry Charlie, Starkist wants tuna that tastes good, not tuna with good taste. I loved all those commercials because of the animation!

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:02 pm

Scotty wrote:

You are definitely not old just more seasoned and knowledgeable! Haven't had the gum in awhile but definitely remember the comic in them. We all have those special memories that will bring back some special cherished times.

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:06 pm

kevinbuddha wrote:
Scotty wrote:

………………..and hearing from the TV set....."Sorry Charlie, Starkist wants tuna that tastes good, not tuna with good taste. I loved all those commercials because of the animation!

Personally I think all of the older tv commercials were better than today's.

kevinbuddha

Postby kevinbuddha » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:59 pm

WOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I am ahead of time today!

Enjoy these pics!

Given to me by Brian when I was a Moderator

This was Test Shot #2 when they were testing colors for Retro Freddysw

Funko Force Jimi Hemdrix color Proto

Go Speed Racer Go!

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:30 pm

kevinbuddha wrote:WOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I am ahead of time today!

Enjoy these pics!

Given to me by Brian when I was a Moderator

This was Test Shot #2 when they were testing colors for Retro Freddysw

Funko Force Jimi Hemdrix color Proto

Go Speed Racer Go!

Nothing short of amazing! That Freddy is sweet and we'll deserved for your hard work. Jimi proto is also very cool. As always thanks for sharing your amazing collection.

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:54 pm

Wobbler Wednesday with my cool, big headed little boy!! Funko shopping is always a great bonding experience :cheers:

Awesome proto goodies Kevin =D>
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

Vinyl4Blood

Postby Vinyl4Blood » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:37 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:Wobbler Wednesday with my cool, big headed little boy!! Funko shopping is always a great bonding experience :cheers:

Awesome proto goodies Kevin =D>

Hahaha. That’s perfect.
-They call me... Wes (AKA ScrappyMosier on Twitter & Vinyl4Blood on IG)
"OMG.. I need that"
Pop Grail wish list: Freddy Stark Pop and Comic Con 2009 "Big Fred" wobbler, Camp Fundays Freddy as Spartan. Any condition.

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:00 pm

Nice pics all. I'm out traveling for work so will skip this week.
Image Image

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:09 am

Scotty wrote:Nice pics all. I'm out traveling for work so will skip this week.

Same here but a different kinda work! NYCC craziness.

kevinbuddha

Postby kevinbuddha » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:58 pm

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:

OOOOOH! How exciting!!!!

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:00 am

My son is up at NYCC, too. He even won a time slot for the booth yesterday. A 1pm slot; he waited on line for 3.5 hours; they were sold out of the only 3 things he wanted (Stan Lee, the Mickey Matterhorn, and metallic Batman. :( He was a hurtin' pup after that. Welcome to con-life.
Image Image

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:59 pm

kevinbuddha wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:

OOOOOH! How exciting!!!!

Definitely was a blast and extremely exhausting. Finally had the opportunity to meet this really cool guy named Reverend. Haha I'm sure you all know him. Had a great conversation with him and would loved to have been able to talk longer.

Return to “Wacky Wobblers”