Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Pops

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Typale

Re: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Pops

Postby Typale » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:08 pm

cptsailor wrote:
Typale wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
It's a fine line between not enough and too many episodes. Some anime stops too short when it's still really good and fresh and others keep going and they get to a point where it's too much. It's better in my mind to stop after a few seasons then get repetitive and boring. Despite loving Fairy Tail, there were some later seasons that I felt weren't necessary and they should have ended it earlier. This final season is really good and I like the direction it's going but that's not always the case with the long anime.

Completely agree. Some of the best anime’s went too long and just got boring and repetitive

I've found most great shows that aren't Shounen to be in the 12-24 range. As for Shounen, I feel that when they pass 100 episodes is when I start to lose interest.

Good point but 20ish episodes always leave me wanting more. I feel like 50-60 is usually good for me with a good story.
As Brian Mariotti once said.... Go boxless, it’s more fun!

Image Image

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:13 pm

Typale wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
Typale wrote:
Completely agree. Some of the best anime’s went too long and just got boring and repetitive

I've found most great shows that aren't Shounen to be in the 12-24 range. As for Shounen, I feel that when they pass 100 episodes is when I start to lose interest.

Good point but 20ish episodes always leave me wanting more. I feel like 50-60 is usually good for me with a good story.

Definitely! Soul Eater had the right amount in that area and Fullmetal Alchemist also falls in that area as well =]
Hi, I'm Dillon!

IG: cptsailor

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:48 pm

cptsailor wrote:
Typale wrote:
cptsailor wrote:

Definitely! Soul Eater had the right amount in that area and Fullmetal Alchemist also falls in that area as well =]

both are fantastic animes. I'm finally watching Yu Yu Hakusho and I'm at 55 out of 110 episodes. So far it's been really well paced and enjoyable but I don't know how it will keep up the hype through another 55 episodes. I feel I could be happy if they ended it at this arc. I'll give it a shot though.
Hi, I’m Steph.

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:04 pm

katersatz wrote:Just watched the most recent episode, all caught up...it's better than I could have imagined...I'll gladly add any Pops that come out to my collection... and... now I have to wait another week???!

This is @#&$*%! :eek: ](*,) ;-)

(Also, I realized way too late that I should have been watching all the way through the end... had to go back and catch all the post-credits stuff. Love it. lol )

I'm caught up with Demon Slayer but I think I've missed all the post credits now that you've mentioned it. I guess when I was binge watching it, I usually try to end it before the commercials on Hulu come up #-o :roflmao:
- Ray
Instagram: grail_collector
Funko funatic Rookie of the Year nominee 2019

ImageImage

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:48 pm

MrSmileyFace wrote:
katersatz wrote:Just watched the most recent episode, all caught up...it's better than I could have imagined...I'll gladly add any Pops that come out to my collection... and... now I have to wait another week???!

This is @#&$*%! :eek: ](*,) ;-)

(Also, I realized way too late that I should have been watching all the way through the end... had to go back and catch all the post-credits stuff. Love it. lol )

I'm caught up with Demon Slayer but I think I've missed all the post credits now that you've mentioned it. I guess when I was binge watching it, I usually try to end it before the commercials on Hulu come up #-o :roflmao:

I do the same thing hahaha lol darn commercials
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:19 pm

TheStephil wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
Typale wrote:

both are fantastic animes. I'm finally watching Yu Yu Hakusho and I'm at 55 out of 110 episodes. So far it's been really well paced and enjoyable but I don't know how it will keep up the hype through another 55 episodes. I feel I could be happy if they ended it at this arc. I'll give it a shot though.

I have not seen that show since the mid 2000s. Another one I should probably rewatch!
Hi, I'm Dillon!

o2thedbld5

Postby o2thedbld5 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:51 pm

We are on Episode 21 and... shucks, I neeeeed Nezuko. Im thinking of cosplaying as her next year!!!
This be Aud, o2thedbld, odd!
Fav pop: Thumper :bunny:
ISO: The Jesus from The Big Lebowski, Audrey Hepburn Wacky Wobbler, Mars Attacks Martian

ImageImageImage

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:38 pm

o2thedbld5 wrote:We are on Episode 21 and... shucks, I neeeeed Nezuko. Im thinking of cosplaying as her next year!!!

Please do! That would be a fantastic cosplay.
Hi, I’m Steph.

kickinit

Postby kickinit » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:18 pm

I keep seeing this thread bumped and keep hoping its an announcement for pops lol

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:06 am

cptsailor wrote:
Typale wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
It's a fine line between not enough and too many episodes. Some anime stops too short when it's still really good and fresh and others keep going and they get to a point where it's too much. It's better in my mind to stop after a few seasons then get repetitive and boring. Despite loving Fairy Tail, there were some later seasons that I felt weren't necessary and they should have ended it earlier. This final season is really good and I like the direction it's going but that's not always the case with the long anime.

I feel like MHA is going to easily pass the 100 episode mark. Still seems to be a lot of good story in that anime. And we shall see with demon slayer. It feels.like one they could easily run for four or five seasons.

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:30 am

Hirokus_bane wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
Typale wrote:

I feel like MHA is going to easily pass the 100 episode mark. Still seems to be a lot of good story in that anime. And we shall see with demon slayer. It feels.like one they could easily run for four or five seasons.

MHA currently has enough source material to pass 100 episodes. Not sure about the manga for Demon Slayer
Hi, I'm Dillon!

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:32 am

cptsailor wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
cptsailor wrote:

I have not seen that show since the mid 2000s. Another one I should probably rewatch!

Hakusho is one of the only animes to get it right. Trust me, it gets better and better to the very end. I think they ended it perfectly at where they did and its an ending that you can be both contempt with as well as kinda leaving it open ended to continue if they felt the need to. Alot of animes are just long because they have filler arcs to hold up space while the manga gets ahead.

Soul Eater had way more potential and should have gone longer but they pulled an Fullmetal, and branched off into an anime original story at a certain point in the story and ended the anime that way. The manga kept going and from what I saw, the manga story was wayyyyy better.

Fullmetal BROTHERHOOD (and I stress Brotherhood) was AMAZING. I'm glad they did not drag it unnecessarily and the story kept going as high as it possibly could to the point where you didn't think the protagonists would make it thru, but HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND.
A funatic who is 1% more obsessed with anime than Funko.

| Pops: 1530 | Dorbz: 18 | IG: 91shawny

ImageImageImageImage

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:34 am

cptsailor wrote:
Typale wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Yea... black clover breaks that stereotype and gets so much better with age. If you watched Clover and lose interest after episode 100 that just aired,I'd have to question your judgement lol

ImageImageImageImage

WarHmongHer

Postby WarHmongHer » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:31 pm

I keep seeing clips of this from funimation. I'm gunna have to go check it out. But scared that I'm going to like it. Lol

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:17 pm

91shawny wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
Typale wrote:

Yea... black clover breaks that stereotype and gets so much better with age. If you watched Clover and lose interest after episode 100 that just aired,I'd have to question your judgement lol

This is the BIG show I need to catch up on. I let go of it around 40 just because of life stuff and time constraints. I have every intention on getting back into it though
Hi, I'm Dillon!

Typale

Postby Typale » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:54 pm

cptsailor wrote:
91shawny wrote:
cptsailor wrote:

This is the BIG show I need to catch up on. I let go of it around 40 just because of life stuff and time constraints. I have every intention on getting back into it though

Dude I just watched the newest episode and thought about this topic... DEFINITELY breaking that mold... Its getting so much better!

Image Image

LakerNation1216

Postby LakerNation1216 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:56 pm

I've been hearing a lot of hype on this series, I am definitely interested! I just watched Gantz on Netflix and I thought that was interesting also and could use a few pops!
Current POP/Dorbz/Misc. Funko Count:
~1,711

Updated 4-11-22

Lakers Basketball
Rams Football
:freddy3:

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:56 am

Typale wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:
yeah HxH is really good but it was long. Its strange to me how some anime are 200 to 800 episodes and might still be going. And then others are 25 to 50 yet seem to be just as popular. Then again I'm sure many people want those shorter run anime to keep going forever.

Yeah, you mean like One Peice? O_O
800+ Episodes later still swinging with the same vigor and agility as when it first came out. I mean there are some anime i could never get enough of though (aka DBZ) so i understand the method to the madness.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:59 am

Typale wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:
yeah HxH is really good but it was long. Its strange to me how some anime are 200 to 800 episodes and might still be going. And then others are 25 to 50 yet seem to be just as popular. Then again I'm sure many people want those shorter run anime to keep going forever.

800+ Episodes later still swinging with the same vigor and agility as when it first came out. I mean there are some anime i could never get enough of though (aka DBZ) so i understand the method to the madness.
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Typale

Postby Typale » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:32 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
Typale wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

I’m always cool with more dragonball!!

Image Image

funkopants777

Postby funkopants777 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:53 pm

o2thedbld5 wrote:We are on Episode 21 and... shucks, I neeeeed Nezuko. Im thinking of cosplaying as her next year!!!

You’d be SOO cute!! Yes
ImageImageImage

funkopants777

Postby funkopants777 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:59 pm

Hello my fellow demon slayer friends!!
Been mia on board lately but this is the main thread that keeps me active lol!

Quick thoughts on Episode 24:
Spoiler: show
Glad that Nezuko survived that brutal trial :-/
Loved that interaction between tanjiro and the butterfly lady. When he asked if she was angry my face went like :eek:
I think next episode will talk about her student - who I also like!!

Ugh, I think only two more episode in this season. But glad the watch party/this thread has grown!! I’m starting to see other ppl request pops too on their ig/twitter :D
ImageImageImage

Xeverus86

Postby Xeverus86 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:25 am

I'd buy em all ASAP! please funko [-o<
A.A. 7/18/19 :angel9:
FUNKO FUNDAYS '17
FUNKO FUNDAYS '18
FUNKO FUNDAYS '19
FUNKO HQ GRAND OPENING
MAKING FUN MOVIE PREMIERE
FUNKO HOLLYWOOD GRAND OPENING
FUNKO FUNDAYS '22

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:12 am

funkopants777 wrote:Hello my fellow demon slayer friends!!

Loved that interaction between tanjiro and the butterfly lady. When he asked if she was angry my face went like :eek:

Ugh, I think only two more episode in this season. But glad the watch party/this thread has grown!! I’m starting to see other ppl request pops too on their ig/twitter :D

I agree the ending is so close and I dont want it to stop yet.

Glad to hear the buzz for pops on this is growing.

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:55 am

It was really touching! I am definitely excited to learn more about her student. I'm hoping this season ends on a high note with a bit of a cliff hanger!
Hi, I'm Dillon!

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:11 am

Hirokus_bane wrote:

Glad the buzz is growing! Yay! We need pops.

I don't want the season to stop and it seems like the next two episodes are going to be training/character development. Enjoyable but definitely not as exciting as all of their crazy adventures.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Typale

Postby Typale » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:21 am

TheStephil wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

I don't want the season to stop and it seems like the next two episodes are going to be training/character development. Enjoyable but definitely not as exciting as all of their crazy adventures.

I do like some good development because it’ll lead to some awesome new skills and fights!!

Image Image

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:01 pm

Typale wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Typale wrote:

Lol ive been into dbz so long that no matter how much i watch, i always get this feeling of home. You know; like rrally good friends you havent seen in a long time.
PopPChulo

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:56 am

Typale wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

I do like some good development because it’ll lead to some awesome new skills and fights!!

better be some more Nezuko.

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:45 am

Hirokus_bane wrote:

So I believe the student is her lil' sister so it will be interesting to see what happens
I love that they explained how the hashiras are so OP, mastering the breathing technique nonstop? Crazy.
This was the top 3 funniest episodes of the season, it's always good to be Zen back to normal
The way ms butterfly mentioned she can rest easy, makes me wonder if a nasty cliffhanger is coming
Really really need a season 2. With all the hot anime coming nxt month, I'm sure I can hold out till next year

ImageImageImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:53 am

I still need to check this show out!

Skatervic23

Postby Skatervic23 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:57 am

91shawny wrote:I mean if you haven't heard or watched this summer's hot new anime Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, then what are you doing!? Go now!

With that being said, last week's episode broke the internet and was trending on twitter, so the potential should be there for the pops?

For a starting four, its pretty obvious to go with Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Nezuko, and Inosuke (boar head)

Haven’t watch it yet where can i watch?

Typale

Postby Typale » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:56 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
Typale wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Lol ive been into dbz so long that no matter how much i watch, i always get this feeling of home. You know; like rrally good friends you havent seen in a long time.

I feel the same way with Dragonball! Just always a good feeling watching that action!

Image Image

g3ohss

Postby g3ohss » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:12 pm

I hope funko sees this. Would love some demon slayer pops. Maybe an episode 19 tribute lol
Hi I’m Geo :) IG: @g3ohss
ImageImageImageImage

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:30 pm

Skatervic23 wrote:
91shawny wrote:I mean if you haven't heard or watched this summer's hot new anime Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, then what are you doing!? Go now!

With that being said, last week's episode broke the internet and was trending on twitter, so the potential should be there for the pops?

For a starting four, its pretty obvious to go with Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Nezuko, and Inosuke (boar head)

Hulu and Crunchyroll are the two i use for it.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Skatervic23

Postby Skatervic23 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:47 am

TheStephil wrote:
Skatervic23 wrote:

Okay I will watch. Thanks!!!

Skatervic23

Postby Skatervic23 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:47 am

TheStephil wrote:
Skatervic23 wrote:

Skatervic23

Postby Skatervic23 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:49 am

TheStephil wrote:
Skatervic23 wrote:

Really? I will watch. Thanks!

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:49 am

Skatervic23 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Skatervic23 wrote:

Hope you enjoy it!
Hi, I’m Steph.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:27 am

Typale wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Typale wrote:

I feel the same way with Dragonball! Just always a good feeling watching that action!

I think because of how fleshed out the story is at this point if your watching it as faithfully as i am its because youve kinda grown up with goku. I dont know many animes other then naruto really that explore the main character from a baby all the way to an adult with his own kids.
PopPChulo

Return to “Pop!”