comics!

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Jeffbot4001

comics!

Postby Jeffbot4001 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:02 am

I'm a Marvel Collector Corps founder and I've moved my subscription over to Amazon. One thing that I miss from the more recent boxes is an actual comic book like we saw in the first dozen or so boxes - ESPECIALLY since these boxes are comic book themed. I like the Pops just fine, but it seems like something's missing when my Marvel Comics box doesn't include an actual comic! I hope the Amazon boxes bring these back. Anyone feel the same?
"I'm in a bad mood...understand?" - Rhinox

wmwadeii

Re: comics!

Postby wmwadeii » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:32 pm

I did like the comics too made the boxes feel more unique. Wish they would have kept a common theme of items: 1 comic, 1 Funko figure (Pop, Dorbz, etc), 1 wearable, 1 pin, 1 patch, 1 other Funko item. Similar with they would have extended that to all the boxes like getting them in the Marvel and DC boxed missed them in the Star Wars box and Disney box considering Marvel makes both of those comics as well.

Think others complained there weren't enough Pop! figures so a lot of the later boxes removed the extra items and focused on 2+ Pop! or a Pop! and Ride etc taking up the bulk of the cost to make the boxes.
Images Unplugged
- Dorbz News, Photos & Checklists
#dorbzoutsidethebox on Instagram
Pop! = 360 Dorbz = 588 Vynl. = 27
wmwadeii on PPG and Stashpedia

The Head

Postby The Head » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:32 pm

I personally would rather have fewer quality items vs a lot of what I view to be throwaway items. Don't get me wrong, I like the comics fine, but I buy comics I want already so I don't need comics in my sub boxes as well.

Batz31

Postby Batz31 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:48 pm

The comics were very cool. I also like the pins.

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:11 am

Comics were awesome. I appreciated the cool Funko covers.
Been collecting Funko since 2015!

ISO: Marvel Comic Protos

drachenfells

Postby drachenfells » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:41 pm

Batz31 wrote:The comics were very cool. I also like the pins.

Yeah, i have a good collection of the pins going.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:46 pm

The Head wrote:I personally would rather have fewer quality items vs a lot of what I view to be throwaway items. Don't get me wrong, I like the comics fine, but I buy comics I want already so I don't need comics in my sub boxes as well.

I think this is what each store is going for. They are going for a simple array of it items (1-2 pops, a mini, and a chachki). I know a lot of people had been complaining that there was too much stuff in the boxes they didn’t like and they felt were devaluing the box.

wmwadeii

Postby wmwadeii » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:47 am

dexiesmom wrote:
The Head wrote:I personally would rather have fewer quality items vs a lot of what I view to be throwaway items. Don't get me wrong, I like the comics fine, but I buy comics I want already so I don't need comics in my sub boxes as well.

I think this is what each store is going for. They are going for a simple array of it items (1-2 pops, a mini, and a chachki). I know a lot of people had been complaining that there was too much stuff in the boxes they didn’t like and they felt were devaluing the box.

Only problem with this is not everyone wants a Pop! every time. And with the last few boxes from all subscriptions including a Large Pop! it means no room for anything else except little tchotchke items. I'd rather a single Pop! and some of the other things like the Key Chains, Pop! Home, Shirts, Comics, etc. While yes everyone might not like everything it just gives more variety. There are only so many Rides, Movie Moments, Combo Packs I can fit lol. I miss the Dorbz, and amazed there haven't been any Vynls yet, and even liked the PSH that we recieved. As for the comics, I feel that a comic book related box should include a comic, I read digitally but the comics were one of the best things about the box. I recently took the comics I had on display in picture frames out and replaced them with the Funko Covers, they look great on the wall.
Images Unplugged
- Dorbz News, Photos & Checklists
#dorbzoutsidethebox on Instagram
Pop! = 360 Dorbz = 588 Vynl. = 27
wmwadeii on PPG and Stashpedia

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:23 pm

wmwadeii wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:

Only problem with this is not everyone wants a Pop! every time. And with the last few boxes from all subscriptions including a Large Pop! it means no room for anything else except little tchotchke items. I'd rather a single Pop! and some of the other things like the Key Chains, Pop! Home, Shirts, Comics, etc. While yes everyone might not like everything it just gives more variety. There are only so many Rides, Movie Moments, Combo Packs I can fit lol. I miss the Dorbz, and amazed there haven't been any Vynls yet, and even liked the PSH that we recieved. As for the comics, I feel that a comic book related box should include a comic, I read digitally but the comics were one of the best things about the box. I recently took the comics I had on display in picture frames out and replaced them with the Funko Covers, they look great on the wall.

Hopefully now that Hot Topic, Amazon, ect have a bit more control over what goes into the boxes we can get some other items (like you are saying VYNLs, Dorbz, Hikaris, ect) instead of Pops all the time. It would be nice to have a bit more variety.

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:54 pm

dexiesmom wrote:
wmwadeii wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:I think this is what each store is going for. They are going for a simple array of it items (1-2 pops, a mini, and a chachki). I know a lot of people had been complaining that there was too much stuff in the boxes they didn’t like and they felt were devaluing the box.

Hopefully now that Hot Topic, Amazon, ect have a bit more control over what goes into the boxes we can get some other items (like you are saying VYNLs, Dorbz, Hikaris, ect) instead of Pops all the time. It would be nice to have a bit more variety.

I'd have to disagree. There should be at least a pop in every box, I'd love a dorb, mini, psh, but no pop defeats the purpose. A box with 5 minis, a shirt, and 2 dorbz. While would be a good niche box, would be a lot of backlash on social media, which equals less sales. Deadpool box up for months, and not sold out. O don't like the large pops, or multipacks in the sub boxes. Keep it simple, pin, patch, comic, shirt, pop, and whatever else you want.

Will see how the new retailers handle it.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:00 am

FredKruger wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
wmwadeii wrote:

I'd have to disagree. There should be at least a pop in every box, I'd love a dorb, mini, psh, but no pop defeats the purpose. A box with 5 minis, a shirt, and 2 dorbz. While would be a good niche box, would be a lot of backlash on social media, which equals less sales. Deadpool box up for months, and not sold out. O don't like the large pops, or multipacks in the sub boxes. Keep it simple, pin, patch, comic, shirt, pop, and whatever else you want.

I definitely see the reason behind having a Pop in each box (which I don't mind too). I just also love the other styles of Funko products as well and wouldn't mind having some more of them as well! Especially as Dorbz and Hikaris seem to be getting moved to exclusives only territoriality.

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:05 am

dexiesmom wrote:
FredKruger wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:Hopefully now that Hot Topic, Amazon, ect have a bit more control over what goes into the boxes we can get some other items (like you are saying VYNLs, Dorbz, Hikaris, ect) instead of Pops all the time. It would be nice to have a bit more variety.

I definitely see the reason behind having a Pop in each box (which I don't mind too). I just also love the other styles of Funko products as well and wouldn't mind having some more of them as well! Especially as Dorbz and Hikaris seem to be getting moved to exclusives only territoriality.

I know what you mean, minis are my favorite line to collect, but I don't like the mystery part.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:09 am

FredKruger wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
FredKruger wrote:

I know what you mean, minis are my favorite line to collect, but I don't like the mystery part.

Exactly! That is why I am really, really excited for the Mickey and Minnie ones with the window packaging.

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:32 am

dexiesmom wrote:
FredKruger wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:I definitely see the reason behind having a Pop in each box (which I don't mind too). I just also love the other styles of Funko products as well and wouldn't mind having some more of them as well! Especially as Dorbz and Hikaris seem to be getting moved to exclusives only territoriality.

Exactly! That is why I am really, really excited for the Mickey and Minnie ones with the window packaging.

I'd like to see more with that packaging, tired of the 1/6 stuff. Good luck with those, usually Disney stuff goes fast.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:46 am

FredKruger wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
FredKruger wrote:

I'd like to see more with that packaging, tired of the 1/6 stuff. Good luck with those, usually Disney stuff goes fast.

Yeah, I plan on being at the store the day of to get those actually. Being a Disney collector (of more than just Funko) I know how cut throat it can get. :eek: :eek: :eek: But I agree, I am tired of the 1/6 stuff. But I see why they do it. If the random, non Funko collector grabs a box of something and it is a 'good' character they are more likely to try to complete a set they weren't likely to try to complete before. Fine balance I guess between hardcore collectors and getting new people into the hobby.

Thrillofthehunt

Postby Thrillofthehunt » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:34 am

I loved the comics. Have a nice set of marvel and DC ones
:freddy3: Image ImageImage

jesusunzueta89

Postby jesusunzueta89 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:52 pm

Totally agree, they can even have the Prelude comics to the Movies since they are Canon, and it would be a great way to get the Consumers Hooked
:fdo91:

Road to 1000 Marvel POP's

franzsy0519

Postby franzsy0519 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:53 am

I loved the comic variant covers in the earlier boxes. Didn't like it when they were removed, also didn't like it when pins and patches were essentially discontinued in the transition to Amazon.
Funko Funatic Philippines since Oct. 2013 \:D/

jesusunzueta89

Postby jesusunzueta89 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:11 pm

franzsy0519 wrote:I loved the comic variant covers in the earlier boxes. Didn't like it when they were removed, also didn't like it when pins and patches were essentially discontinued in the transition to Amazon.

So many things that we wish they would come back :-/

CaliCollectibles
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby CaliCollectibles » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:10 am

Comics were awesome, especially the variant covers. Only gripe would be if they arrived damaged. When I was big into collecting comics I had the same level of OCD as I do my pop boxes. Even the slightest crease on the comic spine would bother me, and I remember getting alot of that with this sub box.
Hi, I'm L.J. :spiderman: US Navy Veteran

Proto ISO: US Navy Sailor (Dress Whites), Inspector Gadget, Romeo (Romeo & Juliet).

Instagram/Twitter/YouTube: CaliCollectibles
https://www.instagram.com/calicollectibles

jesusunzueta89

Postby jesusunzueta89 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:36 pm

CaliCollectibles wrote:Comics were awesome, especially the variant covers. Only gripe would be if they arrived damaged. When I was big into collecting comics I had the same level of OCD as I do my pop boxes. Even the slightest crease on the comic spine would bother me, and I remember getting alot of that with this sub box.

Wish those good old times come back

hojo

Postby hojo » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:18 am

As much as I love Pops, I would have preferred the variant cover comics be professionally drawn. In many cases, I already owned the comic and would prefer a variant cover that had something to do with the comic itself. I do agree with the spine damage problems as well.

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:48 am

Loved the comics as well. I don’t think they “stopped” this. I just think they mix things up and come back around. We all thought shirts were done with the transition to Amazon and then one hits last month.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

jesusunzueta89

Postby jesusunzueta89 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:26 pm

volsspongebob wrote:Loved the comics as well. I don’t think they “stopped” this. I just think they mix things up and come back around. We all thought shirts were done with the transition to Amazon and then one hits last month.

Who knows hope that you are right, but I think that it would be a long run before we see a comic again; the thing with Comics is that it's not Product that Funko makes, is Product that already exists and Funko submits a request for a Variant Cover, that being said if it's a comic that is no longer in printing production, it would need to be re-printed with the variant cover and who knows if that would have an extra cost for Funko; I hope i'm wrong thou and we see the comics again soon

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:25 am

jesusunzueta89 wrote:
volsspongebob wrote:Loved the comics as well. I don’t think they “stopped” this. I just think they mix things up and come back around. We all thought shirts were done with the transition to Amazon and then one hits last month.

Who knows hope that you are right, but I think that it would be a long run before we see a comic again; the thing with Comics is that it's not Product that Funko makes, is Product that already exists and Funko submits a request for a Variant Cover, that being said if it's a comic that is no longer in printing production, it would need to be re-printed with the variant cover and who knows if that would have an extra cost for Funko; I hope i'm wrong thou and we see the comics again soon

Didnt think about these not be made in house. That makes sense. Regardless I hope we have not seen the last of comics in the sub boxes.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

jesusunzueta89

Postby jesusunzueta89 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:25 pm

volsspongebob wrote:
jesusunzueta89 wrote:

Didnt think about these not be made in house. That makes sense. Regardless I hope we have not seen the last of comics in the sub boxes.

I hope so too :freddy1:

BenLo

Postby BenLo » Wed May 15, 2019 10:05 pm

That was my gripe with these latest sub boxes. I completely enjoyed getting a comic book in them

GraphicSilence

Postby GraphicSilence » Thu May 16, 2019 8:52 pm

I liked the comic book. I think it works well for Marvel and DC boxes. I really wish the boxes went back to the old formula: pop, t-shirt, patch/pin, misc other item (I would prefer mini or PSH, but that's me).

Grail: Batman Freddy
Desperately want: Flashpoint Batman, SDCC Blue Batman.

comic book guy

Postby comic book guy » Fri May 17, 2019 4:16 am

The comics were great and so were the cool covers. I would love to see more of them in the future!
:king: Mike

nyel24

Postby nyel24 » Fri May 17, 2019 10:38 am

i started getting back into comics and only have one so far which was the batman animated series one and i absolutely love it. I'm going to try to get more of these throughout this year.

jayyy714

Postby jayyy714 » Fri May 17, 2019 10:40 am

I was a big fan of the variant covers being in Pop! Version.
Instagram @Keepitnerdy15
Pop Quiz Season 1 Contestant

I want Disney Errrything! The
Funko Fundays 2016 Team Deadpool, 2017 Team Rebel Alliance, 2018 Team Gremlins and 2022 Proto Robos Champs!
Making Fun premiere
ISO
Disney Parks Protos (Missing Br’er Fox and Br’er Rabbit for Splash Mountain set)
Haunted Mansion
Matterhorn
Pirates of the Caribbean
Nightmare before Christmas Protos
Freddy Jack Skellington!

wafflemaker222

Postby wafflemaker222 » Fri May 24, 2019 1:08 pm

I would easily take even a variant cover of the prelude for the movie that the box usually is based off of.

DisneyFanatic

Postby DisneyFanatic » Sun May 26, 2019 2:39 pm

wmwadeii wrote:I did like the comics too made the boxes feel more unique. Wish they would have kept a common theme of items: 1 comic, 1 Funko figure (Pop, Dorbz, etc), 1 wearable, 1 pin, 1 patch, 1 other Funko item. Similar with they would have extended that to all the boxes like getting them in the Marvel and DC boxed missed them in the Star Wars box and Disney box considering Marvel makes both of those comics as well.

Think others complained there weren't enough Pop! figures so a lot of the later boxes removed the extra items and focused on 2+ Pop! or a Pop! and Ride etc taking up the bulk of the cost to make the boxes.

Was thinking about this not too long ago. I still have my funko comics sealed Would love to see more of these in the boxes. Wonder why they stopped adding them

Hqsdfan619

Postby Hqsdfan619 » Sun May 26, 2019 2:45 pm

Jeffbot4001 wrote:I'm a Marvel Collector Corps founder and I've moved my subscription over to Amazon. One thing that I miss from the more recent boxes is an actual comic book like we saw in the first dozen or so boxes - ESPECIALLY since these boxes are comic book themed. I like the Pops just fine, but it seems like something's missing when my Marvel Comics box doesn't include an actual comic! I hope the Amazon boxes bring these back. Anyone feel the same?

I do feel the same. We have a collection of those comics that used to come with them. That was one of the best things in the box.

jenjen

Postby jenjen » Sun May 26, 2019 3:15 pm

That was a nice touch, I miss the smaller items in the box.

BenLo

Postby BenLo » Sun May 26, 2019 10:54 pm

GraphicSilence wrote:I liked the comic book. I think it works well for Marvel and DC boxes. I really wish the boxes went back to the old formula: pop, t-shirt, patch/pin, misc other item (I would prefer mini or PSH, but that's me).

Same. Definitely miss the old formula

Magnus1
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Magnus1 » Mon May 27, 2019 1:40 am

Jeffbot4001 wrote:I'm a Marvel Collector Corps founder and I've moved my subscription over to Amazon. One thing that I miss from the more recent boxes is an actual comic book like we saw in the first dozen or so boxes - ESPECIALLY since these boxes are comic book themed. I like the Pops just fine, but it seems like something's missing when my Marvel Comics box doesn't include an actual comic! I hope the Amazon boxes bring these back. Anyone feel the same?

I agree, I miss the comic book also but I also agree that Funko already gives us so much in the box. Just no more kitchenware. Glasses, salt and pepper shakers. I love my Beanie from the Thor Ragnarok box. May I please get another beanie? \:D/
ImageImageImage
My name is David

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Mon May 27, 2019 1:59 am

Magnus1 wrote:

I agree, I miss the comic book also but I also agree that Funko already gives us so much in the box. Just no more kitchenware. Glasses, salt and pepper shakers. I love my Beanie from the Thor Ragnarok box. May I please get another beanie? \:D/

But they replaced it with a "toothpick holder". lol lol lol yeah, I like that beanie, hope they release more soon!
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

jesusunzueta89

Postby jesusunzueta89 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:31 pm

With Every box I miss comics more and more

jesusunzueta89

Postby jesusunzueta89 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:45 pm

We should do a campaign to bring the Comics back, I just got the Nova Comic and the art is Great, waiting on the Miles one

Return to “Powered by Funko”