Funko Soda Figures!

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
GettingSodas

Re: Funko Soda Figures!

Postby GettingSodas » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:29 pm

I like these, we will have to see if I start collecting them.
Been collecting Funko since 2015!

ISO: Marvel Comic Protos

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby BigM » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:53 pm

mohawkjones wrote:I love these, which I am sorry all but based in past experiences (Hikari, Vynl, Invaders...) that means they are doomed.

Seriously though, I dig them. The can packaging idea is fun but from a marketing and point of sale perspective, I fear the name and can may hurt the line and it's potential for success. Just my 2 cents...

I wouldn’t say they’re “doomed” right at the start but I won’t say that they’ll be the next pop. If you like them, get them! Share them on here or FB or IG or wherever. Maybe some people will see it and really like them and help build the sales. If they’re priced right, I think they could stick around for a little bit. If not, oh well. It’ll be another part of their history just like other lines. Whatever happens we’ll have more of these than Vinyl Invaders already. ;-)
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:36 pm

BigM wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:I wouldn’t say they’re “doomed” right at the start but I won’t say that they’ll be the next pop. If you like them, get them! Share them on here or FB or IG or wherever. Maybe some people will see it and really like them and help build the sales. If they’re priced right, I think they could stick around for a little bit. If not, oh well. It’ll be another part of their history just like other lines. Whatever happens we’ll have more of these than Vinyl Invaders already. ;-)

I was being more facetious than anything else but the curse is very real. :-({|= lol

I shared the crap out of my Hikari & Vynl collections and even helped moderate both FB groups... maybe I should not share the Soda line quite so much if I get into them... ;-)

Truth about the Vinyl Invaders!
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:15 pm

masteryoda69 wrote:
Vertigo813 wrote:
masteryoda69 wrote:
When I saw it, I thought it was separate as well. But since these are inside the can, they will never see the light of day lol lol

It makes me wonders if Funko will find a way to package the cans so they are not sealed. Like have the cans, unsealed, in a box. If not I guess I’ll have to be an ‘in-can’ collector too :)

Nice that would work. But I believe they would seal it. Only time will tell ](*,)

Exactly...and then the big question will be: Are you an IC or OOC collector?
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

Stragon

Re: Funko Soda Figure

Postby Stragon » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:26 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:I’m amazed at how many people think the can is actually soda on social media lol

Maybe they think that since they had a bottled drink at the Funko South shop that one year at SDCC they think it is possible Funko would do a soda can too.
FUNKO FUNDAYS: 2016,2018,2019,2022
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

keyese

Postby keyese » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:37 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:I’m amazed at how many people think the can is actually soda on social media lol

Maybe it will actually have soda that you have to drink in order to free the figure lol
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

masteryoda69

Postby masteryoda69 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:56 pm

jjb11590 wrote:
masteryoda69 wrote:
Vertigo813 wrote:It makes me wonders if Funko will find a way to package the cans so they are not sealed. Like have the cans, unsealed, in a box. If not I guess I’ll have to be an ‘in-can’ collector too :)

Nice that would work. But I believe they would seal it. Only time will tell ](*,)

I am both. My DBZ collection is all out (even PA Vegeta). Some of my others I kept in the box. Don't have the full line and it's all mixed. So just depends on which other lines they bring out for the sodas. DBZ sodas will be popped out for sure lol

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:29 pm

masteryoda69 wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
masteryoda69 wrote:

I am both. My DBZ collection is all out (even PA Vegeta). Some of my others I kept in the box. Don't have the full line and it's all mixed. So just depends on which other lines they bring out for the sodas. DBZ sodas will be popped out for sure lol

What are some of your in box pieces?
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

masteryoda69

Postby masteryoda69 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:17 am

jjb11590 wrote:
masteryoda69 wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

Darth Maul holo, Mr Incredible Blue Suit, Metallic Dumbo, GITD Skeletor (older one), Freddy Big Boy Blue, All Might GITD.... Just a few there lol lol.

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:59 am

masteryoda69 wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
masteryoda69 wrote:

Darth Maul holo, Mr Incredible Blue Suit, Metallic Dumbo, GITD Skeletor (older one), Freddy Big Boy Blue, All Might GITD.... Just a few there lol lol.

Those are pretty darn nice..makes sense why you've kept them in their box. :cheers:
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

Charger14
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Charger14 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:07 pm

Have to get the cereal monsters.
WOBBLER WANT LIST:
GROOVY GHOULIES - MUST HAVE
HECKLE & JECKLE
20" GALACTUS
DC SUPERHEROES

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:21 pm

We are only getting couple select ones. \:D/
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:36 pm

Shalee04 wrote:We are only getting couple select ones. \:D/

That is the best way of doing it unless you can afford to buy your collection it's own house.
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

kevinbuddha
Hall of Fame Class of 2007

Postby kevinbuddha » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:01 pm

Charger14 wrote:Have to get the cereal monsters.

That is what I will be going after and the cans will be in my recycling :roflmao:
Minnesota.....where the Sleestaks & Pakuni run free!

Funko's Official Historian

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:42 pm

kevinbuddha wrote:
Charger14 wrote:Have to get the cereal monsters.

That is what I will be going after and the cans will be in my recycling :roflmao:

In some states you can get 5 cents back for recycling the can :compress:

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:26 pm

renardchua wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:Image

So Gold Batman and Gold Robin are most probably “chases”?

These look really cool. I guess they are taking the minis in the tin to a whole new level.
Hi!!! My name is Noah. Pop collector since 2016.
ImageImageImage

Ruen97

Postby Ruen97 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:04 pm

LakerSpartan117 wrote:At first I saw this as actual soda and the figure came bundled with it. Now that I see that the figure is just inside the can...

I guess I'm gonna be an "In-Can" Collector now!

:roflmao: :D

In can collector classic.
Mr. Freeze and Pop Collector
Collector: Since 2012
Full Sets: BVS/BTAS/Gotham/Impopsters/Carebears
Located: SCLA
:dkjoker1:

Ruen97

Postby Ruen97 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:07 pm

AnimalX wrote:Will not get carried away with these.... maybe i'll buy max 10 then that's it for realzzzz

You got to do at least a 12 pack..
Mr. Freeze and Pop Collector
Collector: Since 2012
Full Sets: BVS/BTAS/Gotham/Impopsters/Carebears
Located: SCLA
:dkjoker1:

masteryoda69

Postby masteryoda69 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:49 am

jjb11590 wrote:
masteryoda69 wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

Those are pretty darn nice..makes sense why you've kept them in their box. :cheers:

I've taken them out to take pics of them OOB. Then went back in the box forever haha.

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:10 am

masteryoda69 wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
masteryoda69 wrote:

I've taken them out to take pics of them OOB. Then went back in the box forever haha.

I'm sure they made for some great pics!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

Funkofan21

Postby Funkofan21 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:53 pm

Ruen97 wrote:
AnimalX wrote:Will not get carried away with these.... maybe i'll buy max 10 then that's it for realzzzz

Lol
:freddy2:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ImageImageImageImage

funkosundae

Postby funkosundae » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:58 pm

Very interesting. I'm in!!!

Funkofan21

Postby Funkofan21 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:18 pm

funkosundae wrote:Very interesting. I'm in!!!

Same here, I'm sold on em
:freddy2:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ImageImageImageImage

kevinbuddha

Postby kevinbuddha » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:01 am

It will depend on how they are priced for me, I do not want to have to pay extra for a can.
Minnesota.....where the Sleestaks & Pakuni run free!

Funko's Official Historian

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:34 am

kevinbuddha wrote:It will depend on how they are priced for me, I do not want to have to pay extra for a can.

That's a good point. I didn't even think about the price. I'm gonna guess about $10. $15 max.
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:35 am

Ruen97 wrote:

Holy crap! Imagine if they did character packs/sets with the rings and everything lol Now THAT would be cool!
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:36 am

Stragon wrote:

Maybe they think that since they had a bottled drink at the Funko South shop that one year at SDCC they think it is possible Funko would do a soda can too.

That's exactly the reason I thought the soda was real lol I wish I got the chance to try the SDCC Pop-up shop one.

doctony

Postby doctony » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:37 am

Looks really cool!

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:39 am

BigM wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:I love these, which I am sorry all but based in past experiences (Hikari, Vynl, Invaders...) that means they are doomed.

Seriously though, I dig them. The can packaging idea is fun but from a marketing and point of sale perspective, I fear the name and can may hurt the line and it's potential for success. Just my 2 cents...

I wouldn’t say they’re “doomed” right at the start but I won’t say that they’ll be the next pop. If you like them, get them! Share them on here or FB or IG or wherever. Maybe some people will see it and really like them and help build the sales. If they’re priced right, I think they could stick around for a little bit. If not, oh well. It’ll be another part of their history just like other lines. Whatever happens we’ll have more of these than Vinyl Invaders already. ;-)

Totally agree! It probably won't be the next Pop!, but Pop!s can't be the ONLY thing that's successful. It would get incredibly boring if Pop!s were all Funko released. I'm excited that Funko's trying something new! :)

methodsmadness

Postby methodsmadness » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:56 am

I'm just stoked there are more MOTU items coming!
Keep the MOTU line coming! :cherry:
Image Image Image Image Image

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:12 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:
BigM wrote:

Totally agree! It probably won't be the next Pop!, but Pop!s can't be the ONLY thing that's successful. It would get incredibly boring if Pop!s were all Funko released. I'm excited that Funko's trying something new! :)

Makes perfect sense, you try new things, odds are eventually you will get a winner at some point. Well that is what I tell myself when I play slots, lol
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:38 pm

Any more info on a release date? I'm really excited for these.
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

TheLastAnimator

Postby TheLastAnimator » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:02 am

BigM wrote:

Right on! I collect ad icons, if this means that I can get count Chocula in a bunch of different styles and forms from Wacky Wobblers to Vynls, to pops and now This?! Count me in
:freddy3:

Vertigo813

Postby Vertigo813 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:10 pm

Although it’s highly doubtful I am hoping these make a surprise appearance on the shelves at the Funko Hollywood grand opening.
Image Image

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:44 pm

Vertigo813 wrote:Although it’s highly doubtful I am hoping these make a surprise appearance on the shelves at the Funko Hollywood grand opening.

That's a good idea! I'd love for that to happen to. I want to get my hands on them ASAP! They're too cool.

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:47 pm

methodsmadness wrote:I'm just stoked there are more MOTU items coming!

It's awesome! I remember everyone was freaking out because there was a rumor that Funko lost the MOTU license but I believe Brian denied it...I might be wrong though. Regardless, if they made a new figure of MOTU, it probably means they have the license! lol

Funkastian

Postby Funkastian » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:23 am

I am definitely curious how these will come out, I will grab some for sure, many awesome licenses represented already. I wonder what the odds will be for some of the variants and will they be blind by the character or by the line? Either way they look interesting and cant wait to add another couple to the ever growing Funko wing of the house that I wish I had!
:freddy3:
750 Pops
50 Dorbz
12 Tiny Ghosts

AnimalX

Postby AnimalX » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:35 pm

Hopefully they come out before christmas, any def timeline for these?

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:16 pm

Totes want (but do I really need?!) the DC Robin & Gold Variant!!! >_<
ImageImageImageImage

Vertigo813

Postby Vertigo813 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:57 am

YeetGrimes wrote:
Vertigo813 wrote:Although it’s highly doubtful I am hoping these make a surprise appearance on the shelves at the Funko Hollywood grand opening.

That's a good idea! I'd love for that to happen to. I want to get my hands on them ASAP! They're too cool.

I am with you there, I want them to release ASAP. I am not the most patient person, lol.
Image Image

Return to “Soda”