Funko Button Pins

Here's a place to talk about Funko's clothing, books and bookmarks, homeware, electronics, and the like.
methodsmadness

Re: Funko Button Pins

Postby methodsmadness » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:35 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:WHOA - this is news.
I (it seems incorrectly) assumed that since I couldn't get into the booth, I couldn't get the buttons. I didn't think to just ask a Funko employee for some.

And at least for SDCC, security aggressively tells folks to move on and not linger - it can get pretty intense, making me think even more so that I couldn't just walk up and ask.

Did anyone who didn't have a time slot/entry to the Funko booth just walk up and ask?

Yeah! I wish you knew so that you could've gotten some! Security was intimidating for sure, so I can see why you would be confused.

I didn't have the Funko booth, but I got a pin from there! It was a bit different, though. Since I was dressed as Pennywise, a booth worker offered me the "I'm a fan of Pennywise" button lol I know for sure that my friends who didn't have the booth either got pins as well :)[/quote]

Good to know, thanks!
Keep the MOTU line coming! :cherry:
Image Image Image Image Image

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:44 pm

Getting those pins at SDCC were nearly impossible. If you were not there within the first 30 mins in the popular booths, they would sell out. Not counting Funko, since they had lots of them.

Simplypink

Postby Simplypink » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:30 am

YeetGrimes wrote:
Simplypink wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:OOF that's a bummer :( I hate wasting time at a con!

I was determined to get all the buttons. Also was a downer knowing that a lot were given at the Funko booth only after purchasing from them :(

Only after purchasing from them? That's interesting. To my knowledge you could just swing buy and they gave you one even if you didn't get in the Funko booth.

I've tried to get some without purchasing and they said only for those who got into the lotto. eBay it is for the ones I want :(

Simplypink

Postby Simplypink » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:31 am

YeetGrimes wrote:
Simplypink wrote:
ryusilva23 wrote:
Saw someone post that a buddy they knew was able to hunt down all 50 buttons. They said it was much more difficult then trying to hunt down exclusives in general lol. I only want the Toxic Rick and Morty buttons, but only one set went up for sale on ebay :(

What! How is that possible!?!?!? I could not find any of the Avengers buttons to save my life lol.

I'm wondering the same thing. I thought the Marvel pins didn't even get to the con!

For SDCC, there was no way it made it to the con. Looks like it was available during NYCC.

Simplypink

Postby Simplypink » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:32 am

ryusilva23 wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:
Simplypink wrote:
What! How is that possible!?!?!? I could not find any of the Avengers buttons to save my life lol.

I'm wondering the same thing. I thought the Marvel pins didn't even get to the con!

No clue, but more power to the person for getting all 50. It was for NYCC by the way, and Funko did gift a couple complete sets to people at their booth... so kinda weird they didn't have all the buttons at the con as advertised.

I heard Funko gave a complete set to the couple that got engaged at the booth. Guy proposal to his girl and boom go the complete set.

Simplypink

Postby Simplypink » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:32 am

YeetGrimes wrote:
ryusilva23 wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:I'm wondering the same thing. I thought the Marvel pins didn't even get to the con!

No clue, but more power to the person for getting all 50. It was for NYCC by the way, and Funko did gift a couple complete sets to people at their booth... so kinda weird they didn't have all the buttons at the con as advertised.

OHHHH! NYCC. Now that makes sense lol I thought you were talking about SDCC!

Yeah I figured. No way it made it to SDCC haha.

Simplypink

Postby Simplypink » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:33 am

methodsmadness wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:
Simplypink wrote:
I was determined to get all the buttons. Also was a downer knowing that a lot were given at the Funko booth only after purchasing from them :(

Only after purchasing from them? That's interesting. To my knowledge you could just swing buy and they gave you one even if you didn't get in the Funko booth.

WHOA - this is news.
I (it seems incorrectly) assumed that since I couldn't get into the booth, I couldn't get the buttons. I didn't think to just ask a Funko employee for some.

And at least for SDCC, security aggressively tells folks to move on and not linger - it can get pretty intense, making me think even more so that I couldn't just walk up and ask.

Did anyone who didn't have a time slot/entry to the Funko booth just walk up and ask?

I went up and asked. Got auto decline from one of the employees.

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:44 am

Simplypink wrote:
methodsmadness wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:Only after purchasing from them? That's interesting. To my knowledge you could just swing buy and they gave you one even if you didn't get in the Funko booth.

WHOA - this is news.

That's odd :-k Maybe it depends on who you ask. Security can be pretty uptight (and reasonably so).
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

L3g3nD33

Postby L3g3nD33 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:34 pm

nightbodega wrote:Getting those pins at SDCC were nearly impossible. If you were not there within the first 30 mins in the popular booths, they would sell out. Not counting Funko, since they had lots of them.

IDK... I was 3rd at the Funko booth Friday morning at SDCC and they only let me grab 2 and the selection was really limited.
Collecting Funko since 2016
Funko Fundays 2018, 2022, 2023
Funko Fright Night 2022
Funatics Day Out 9
San Diego Comic-Con 2019, 2022, 2023, 2024
New York Comic Con 2021, 2022, 2023

partner-in-crime

Postby partner-in-crime » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:23 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:
Simplypink wrote:
methodsmadness wrote:
WHOA - this is news.

That's odd :-k Maybe it depends on who you ask. Security can be pretty uptight (and reasonably so).

I think it has a lot to do with who you ask, sad to say but true, some employees are just more sympathetic than others.
Hello funatics, I'm Alana and I love collecting dragon pops.

FUNDAYS 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022
FDO LA 8
World Premiere Making Fun
FUNKO Hollywood Grand Opening
[color=#FF8000]Mask O Raid 2022[/color]

methodsmadness

Postby methodsmadness » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:30 pm

partner-in-crime wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:
Simplypink wrote:

I think it has a lot to do with who you ask, sad to say but true, some employees are just more sympathetic than others.

Makes sense - you could get shut down by one person, walk a few feet and another will give you a handful.
Makes the hunt all the more exciting!

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:12 pm

Chernabog wrote:Hope they keep doing the buttons for more cons, maybe next one will be at ECCC

I am planning on attending ECCC so I hope they do.
Hi. I'm Jeanne (Go by Gina).
I like Nightmare Before Christmas and anything else that catches my eye :)
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

[b]Fundays:2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020[/b]
Funko Fright Night2016
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9
https://i.ibb.co/wg3cKBx/hJXGyyX.png

Simplypink

Postby Simplypink » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:09 am

YeetGrimes wrote:
Simplypink wrote:
methodsmadness wrote:
WHOA - this is news.

I asked a handful of employees and got shut down. It was disappointing.

Simplypink

Postby Simplypink » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:20 am

partner-in-crime wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:
Simplypink wrote:

Guess I got the bad ones lol. I asked a handful and got shut down. Oh well maybe next year.

Simplypink

Postby Simplypink » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:21 am

methodsmadness wrote:
partner-in-crime wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:That's odd :-k Maybe it depends on who you ask. Security can be pretty uptight (and reasonably so).

Makes sense - you could get shut down by one person, walk a few feet and another will give you a handful.

Also, security was just a pain too. Can't even stand around for a minute without a security guard telling you to move it.

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:36 am

Simplypink wrote:
methodsmadness wrote:
partner-in-crime wrote:

Also, security was just a pain too. Can't even stand around for a minute without a security guard telling you to move it.

Unfortunately, SDCC is so crowded that they have to do that :( I wish there was more space! Hopefully they follow through with their plans to expand the convention center.
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

methodsmadness

Postby methodsmadness » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:51 pm

Hoping there will be more of the "I'm a fan of" buttons at the Hollywood opening! (either leftovers from the conventions, or new ones)

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:20 pm

methodsmadness wrote:Hoping there will be more of the "I'm a fan of" buttons at the Hollywood opening! (either leftovers from the conventions, or new ones)

I'm sure they're going to drop a new fancy looking button and pin for the Hollywood opening. Can't wait to pick it up to commemorate going to the event.

magicalme

Postby magicalme » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:30 pm

methodsmadness wrote:

Yeah! I wish you knew so that you could've gotten some! Security was intimidating for sure, so I can see why you would be confused.

I didn't have the Funko booth, but I got a pin from there! It was a bit different, though. Since I was dressed as Pennywise, a booth worker offered me the "I'm a fan of Pennywise" button lol I know for sure that my friends who didn't have the booth either got pins as well :)

Good to know, thanks![/quote]

Actually ... at SDCC I went right to an employee working the booth and asked her how I can get a button and she told me that I had to go through the booth to get one - so if you didn’t win the lottery and have access to the booth you were out of luck! I really wanted to get the stranger things buttons (need to complete my set still...)
http://www.instagram.com/magicalme359

GRAIL ISO:
OG Cereal Monsters

magicalme

Postby magicalme » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:32 pm

methodsmadness wrote:Hoping there will be more of the "I'm a fan of" buttons at the Hollywood opening! (either leftovers from the conventions, or new ones)

Oh yes! That would be great. I need to complete my Stranger Things set (missing 4) so would love if they had more there!! Or new ones too - I would LOVE walking dead ones personally and some Harry Potter!

GRAIL ISO:
OG Cereal Monsters

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:42 pm

magicalme wrote:
methodsmadness wrote:

I didn't have the Funko booth, but I got a pin from there! It was a bit different, though. Since I was dressed as Pennywise, a booth worker offered me the "I'm a fan of Pennywise" button lol I know for sure that my friends who didn't have the booth either got pins as well :)

Actually ... at SDCC I went right to an employee working the booth and asked her how I can get a button and she told me that I had to go through the booth to get one - so if you didn’t win the lottery and have access to the booth you were out of luck! I really wanted to get the stranger things buttons (need to complete my set still...)

Seems like we all had different experiences :-k Strange. I wish it was more consistent so that way we all got buttons!

FunkoAlphaBravo

Postby FunkoAlphaBravo » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:45 pm

I’m still on the hunt for the office set!
Hi all! We’re Annie and Beto. We have been collecting since 2016
ImageImage
ImageImage

magicalme

Postby magicalme » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:48 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:
magicalme wrote:
methodsmadness wrote:Yeah! I wish you knew so that you could've gotten some! Security was intimidating for sure, so I can see why you would be confused.

Seems like we all had different experiences :-k Strange. I wish it was more consistent so that way we all got buttons!

Yes and now I feel like I should have asked more employees as I may have gotten a different answer by someone else! Bummer

GRAIL ISO:
OG Cereal Monsters

partner-in-crime

Postby partner-in-crime » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:04 pm

I wonder if anyone is going to make up some pins? I remember getting some when I was in line for Fright night and at SDCC. So many talented funatics out there.
Hello funatics, I'm Alana and I love collecting dragon pops.

FUNDAYS 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022
FDO LA 8
World Premiere Making Fun
FUNKO Hollywood Grand Opening
[color=#FF8000]Mask O Raid 2022[/color]

methodsmadness

Postby methodsmadness » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:13 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:Seems like we all had different experiences :-k Strange. I wish it was more consistent so that way we all got buttons!

Right?
This is both maddening and makes it all the more interesting.
VERY few people want to trade, and buying them on ebay can add up quick...

Chernabog

Postby Chernabog » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:42 pm

dolphinax2 wrote:
Chernabog wrote:Hope they keep doing the buttons for more cons, maybe next one will be at ECCC

get your tickets today?

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:41 am

I am planning on attending ECCC so I hope they do.[/quote]
I didn't even think of ECCC! That'd be awesome. They'd all be green! :D

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:49 pm

Chernabog wrote:
dolphinax2 wrote:

get your tickets today?

Yes I did, the 4 day, too much going on to get the fancy tickets, and you?
Hi. I'm Jeanne (Go by Gina).
I like Nightmare Before Christmas and anything else that catches my eye :)
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

[b]Fundays:2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020[/b]
Funko Fright Night2016
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9
https://i.ibb.co/wg3cKBx/hJXGyyX.png

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:34 pm

I hope some are given out at the Hollywood GO
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

drfunkopopper

Postby drfunkopopper » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:44 am

StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:I hope some are given out at the Hollywood GO

If Funko doesn't make any themselves, I'm sure there will be people in line who will have made their own and hand them out to people in line. I know I got some buttons and stickers at Funkast 100 and after the live Funkast at ECCC earlier this year.
IG: drfunkopopper
ECCC 2017 2018 2019 • Funkast 100 • Hollywood Grand Opening

ISO:
Michael Jackson (Beat It) | Golden Frieza Red Eyes

methodsmadness

Postby methodsmadness » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:09 am

Did I see somewhere that they handed out a few buttons at the Disneyland Haunted Mansion event?

methodsmadness

Postby methodsmadness » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:30 pm

These are proving MUCH more difficult to acquire than I thought they would be...

Obviously they aren't easy to get at the cons, but the secondhand market is pretty pricey - with shipping, it is tough to find anything less than $15. (And if you are a completionist, that gets expensive VERY quickly.)
And no one seems to want to trade :-/

funkoronin

Postby funkoronin » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:27 pm

ISO Looking for Freddy Funko Pop! Pin. Sorry not related to convention exclusive buttons but am trying to complete my first series Pop! pins. Freddy Funko pin was available on online Funko store but became unavailable a while back. :/ Can purchase or work out trade with some pins I have. Thank you fellow Funatics! :)
My name is Shaun!
IG: shaunronin

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:10 am

funkoronin wrote:ISO Looking for Freddy Funko Pop! Pin. Sorry not related to convention exclusive buttons but am trying to complete my first series Pop! pins. Freddy Funko pin was available on online Funko store but became unavailable a while back. :/ Can purchase or work out trade with some pins I have. Thank you fellow Funatics! :)

I would recommend posting this in the Want to Buy (WTB) section of the forum :D

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:12 am

methodsmadness wrote:These are proving MUCH more difficult to acquire than I thought they would be...

Obviously they aren't easy to get at the cons, but the secondhand market is pretty pricey - with shipping, it is tough to find anything less than $15. (And if you are a completionist, that gets expensive VERY quickly.)

Right?! It's insane. I just want the dang NYCC Funkast pin but $18 is wild! And like you said, it's even worst if you're a completionist :(

funkoronin

Postby funkoronin » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:48 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:
funkoronin wrote:ISO Looking for Freddy Funko Pop! Pin. Sorry not related to convention exclusive buttons but am trying to complete my first series Pop! pins. Freddy Funko pin was available on online Funko store but became unavailable a while back. :/ Can purchase or work out trade with some pins I have. Thank you fellow Funatics! :)

Thanks for letting me know fellow funatic! New to the forum so still learning as I go. Will be posting on that section for sure! :)
My name is Shaun!

funkoronin

Postby funkoronin » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:50 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:
methodsmadness wrote:These are proving MUCH more difficult to acquire than I thought they would be...

Right?! It's insane. I just want the dang NYCC Funkast pin but $18 is wild! And like you said, it's even worst if you're a completionist :(

Was able to score a NYCC Funkast pin on Ebay for $12. Unfortunately, post office dropped it off at wrong address and has been lost since. :/ Hope you are able to score the Funkast pin for a good price. :D
My name is Shaun!

methodsmadness

Postby methodsmadness » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:04 pm

funkoronin wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:

Was able to score a NYCC Funkast pin on Ebay for $12. Unfortunately, post office dropped it off at wrong address and has been lost since. :/ Hope you are able to score the Funkast pin for a good price. :D

Oh man that's a bummer! Especially after deciding to go for it and pay the eBay price - hope it gets sorted out for you.

I am taking my extras to the Hollywood opening and hope to trade with other Funatics :cherry:

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:08 pm

funkoronin wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:

Thanks for letting me know fellow funatic! New to the forum so still learning as I go. Will be posting on that section for sure! :)

Of course! :D

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:11 pm

funkoronin wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:

Nooo! That's awful :( I'm really hoping you can find another for a decent price as well. And thank you!

Return to “Other Funko Products”