More Mortal Kombat Pop!s?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
DrunkoPop

Re: More Mortal Kombat Pop!s?

Postby DrunkoPop » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:56 pm

2 Variants of KANO :SW7a:
Image Image
ImageImage

masonfunkocarr

Postby masonfunkocarr » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:18 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:2 Variants of KANO :SW7a:

Yeah. maybe a chase variant for him. Or even a classic variant and modern variant.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:54 pm

You nailed it
Image Image
ImageImage

masonfunkocarr

Postby masonfunkocarr » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:33 pm

Sonya Blade would make a great pop!. Along with Johnny Cage.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:37 pm

I have a gut feeling that we are going to get a Funko Shop Ex MK pop in the very near future :freddy1:
Image Image
ImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:38 pm

masonfunkocarr wrote:Sonya Blade would make a great pop!. Along with Johnny Cage.

Johnny cage with glasses would be the chase. :idea:
Image Image
ImageImage

camberserker

Postby camberserker » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:57 pm

Dahrayyal wrote:
Spartacus wrote:I just realized that the only one I want from the new MK1 Pops is Raiden. I recall the original white costume Raiden, so I'll get that one.

From the moment I saw it, there was something off about this new MK1 Scorpion Pop that I couldn't put my finger on until I did some research. The Scorpion that I recall in the 90s had white eyes, and this Pop (MK1 Scorpion) has black eyes. So I won't be getting him. Good thing I did some homework before purchasing this MK1 Scorpion. #-o

I'll wait until they (hopefully) do the MK2 Scorpion (MK2 Scorpion has white eyes) and MK2 Subzero and buy those.

I'd also buy MK3 Lui Kang, Sindel, Sonya, Sheeva, Kung Lao, Nightwolf and (my fav) Shang Tsung. :D

Great point! I was just excited for the simplistic OG uniforms that I forgot about the eyes. The first set had white eyes. They forgot this.

MK1 Scorpion didn't have white eyes in his in game portrait and Sprites which these are based off of. In the new mk11 game his MK1 costume also has normal eyes.

masonfunkocarr

Postby masonfunkocarr » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:04 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
masonfunkocarr wrote:Sonya Blade would make a great pop!. Along with Johnny Cage.

Yeah. Definitely.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:32 pm

masonfunkocarr wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

Yeah. Definitely.

Me asking for a Johnny Cage split punch funko pop is asking a bit too much lol
Image Image
ImageImage

Dahrayyal

Postby Dahrayyal » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:48 pm

camberserker wrote:
Dahrayyal wrote:
Spartacus wrote:I just realized that the only one I want from the new MK1 Pops is Raiden. I recall the original white costume Raiden, so I'll get that one.

From the moment I saw it, there was something off about this new MK1 Scorpion Pop that I couldn't put my finger on until I did some research. The Scorpion that I recall in the 90s had white eyes, and this Pop (MK1 Scorpion) has black eyes. So I won't be getting him. Good thing I did some homework before purchasing this MK1 Scorpion. #-o

I'll wait until they (hopefully) do the MK2 Scorpion (MK2 Scorpion has white eyes) and MK2 Subzero and buy those.

I'd also buy MK3 Lui Kang, Sindel, Sonya, Sheeva, Kung Lao, Nightwolf and (my fav) Shang Tsung. :D

Great point! I was just excited for the simplistic OG uniforms that I forgot about the eyes. The first set had white eyes. They forgot this.

MK1 Scorpion didn't have white eyes in his in game portrait and Sprites which these are based off of. In the new mk11 game his MK1 costume also has normal eyes.

I’m still getting these either way. Thanks for the extra research. I just looked myself it’s kinda hard to tell on online pics. But if the MK1 costume in the mk11 game doesn’t have it then probably what they based it off of.
Follow on Instagram!
https://instagram.com/dahrayyal1
Events:
Hollywood Grand Opening
Hollywood Funkon

ImageImage

Dahrayyal

Postby Dahrayyal » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:49 pm

camberserker wrote:
Dahrayyal wrote:

I’m still getting these either way. Thanks for the extra research. I just looked myself it’s kinda hard to tell on online pics. But if the MK1 costume in the mk11 game doesn’t have it then probably what they based it off of.
Follow on Instagram!
Events:
Hollywood Grand Opening
Hollywood Funkon

ImageImage

camberserker

Postby camberserker » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:14 pm

Dahrayyal wrote:
camberserker wrote:
Dahrayyal wrote:

I believe he got the white eyes in MK2 which is my preferred look. I much prefer him with the grid mask that game introduced rather than the cloth one.

masonfunkocarr

Postby masonfunkocarr » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:44 pm

camberserker wrote:
Dahrayyal wrote:
camberserker wrote:

I believe he got the white eyes in MK2 which is my preferred look. I much prefer him with the grid mask that game introduced rather than the cloth one.

Yeah.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:31 pm

masonfunkocarr wrote:
camberserker wrote:
Dahrayyal wrote:

Yeah.

That’s so awesome! I never knew the white eyes EVER existed
Image Image
ImageImage

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:43 am

Johnny Cage doing the shadow kick would be nice, I'd like the original style. Of course one of the most recent ones would be easier for them to do, just making it a translucent green.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

camberserker

Postby camberserker » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:24 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
masonfunkocarr wrote:
camberserker wrote:

Yeah.

That’s so awesome! I never knew the white eyes EVER existed

Depending on the game all ninjas had white eyes. Mostly to save on textures I'd assume. MK Deadly Alliance onward they were all white eyed.

Typale

Postby Typale » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:14 pm

I need me that scorpion!!
As Brian Mariotti once said.... Go boxless, it’s more fun!

Image Image

camberserker

Postby camberserker » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:39 pm

digithor wrote:

Johnny Cage doing the shadow kick would be nice, I'd like the original style. Of course one of the most recent ones would be easier for them to do, just making it a translucent green.

He'd have to be in his classic MK1 look so he can pull double duty as a Frank Dux pop

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:58 am

camberserker wrote:
digithor wrote:

He'd have to be in his classic MK1 look so he can pull double duty as a Frank Dux pop

Frank Dux pop would be funny to see.
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

Thrillofthehunt

Postby Thrillofthehunt » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:57 am

digithor wrote:

Yeah! Shadow kick Johnny cage would be a killer variant
:freddy3: Image ImageImage

angrynate

Postby angrynate » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:43 am

some pop moments would be pretty fun I think! get some action poses of different MK fighters posing. Liu Kang's flying kicks come to mind.
That's my secret Cap... I'm always angry

ImageImageImageImage

camberserker

Postby camberserker » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:21 am

:D
digithor wrote:
camberserker wrote:
digithor wrote:

I know for a fact Van Damme is iffy with his likeness so this would be the easiest way to get a bloodsport pop.

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:49 pm

camberserker wrote::D
digithor wrote:
camberserker wrote:

I know for a fact Van Damme is iffy with his likeness so this would be the easiest way to get a bloodsport pop.

I can only imagine how he would be with merchandise.
ImageImageImageImage

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:24 am

Im waiting for them to make Smoke, Night Wolf and Noob sai bot. :cheers:
:smt027 Trujitsu Ninja
Current collection count 540 updated 06/08/22
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

Dahrayyal

Postby Dahrayyal » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:28 pm

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:Im waiting for them to make Smoke, Night Wolf and Noob sai bot. :cheers:

Yess!!! Haha and reptile to go with the OG ninja looks.

I would also like an undead Liu kang
Follow on Instagram!
Events:
Hollywood Grand Opening
Hollywood Funkon

ImageImage

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:28 am

Dahrayyal wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:Im waiting for them to make Smoke, Night Wolf and Noob sai bot. :cheers:

Soooo many characters to be made. Would also be cool if Funko made a fatalities moment. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ . Kano with heart in hand or subzero freezing someone. :bounce: :bounce:
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

Dahrayyal

Postby Dahrayyal » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:10 pm

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
Dahrayyal wrote:

Soooo many characters to be made. Would also be cool if Funko made a fatalities moment. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ . Kano with heart in hand or subzero freezing someone. :bounce: :bounce:

Subzero freezing might be a good kid friendly moment. Haha
I can’t imagine a lot of fatalities not being too gory
Follow on Instagram!
Events:
Hollywood Grand Opening
Hollywood Funkon

ImageImage

masonfunkocarr

Postby masonfunkocarr » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:02 pm

angrynate wrote:some pop moments would be pretty fun I think! get some action poses of different MK fighters posing. Liu Kang's flying kicks come to mind.

Yeah. That would be cool.

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:05 pm

Dahrayyal wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
Dahrayyal wrote:

I know Funko would have to water it down a bit or just choose the not so bad fatalities.

masonfunkocarr

Postby masonfunkocarr » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:07 pm

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
Dahrayyal wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:Soooo many characters to be made. Would also be cool if Funko made a fatalities moment. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ . Kano with heart in hand or subzero freezing someone. :bounce: :bounce:

I know Funko would have to water it down a bit or just choose the not so bad fatalities.

yeah. for sure.

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:16 pm

masonfunkocarr wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
Dahrayyal wrote:

yeah. for sure.

Give them green blood like in the early days of Mortal Kombat for the sensitive people. That mode was funny. Who bleeds green? :roflmao:

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:35 pm

This last MK wave feels kinda week :(
Image Image
ImageImage

masonfunkocarr

Postby masonfunkocarr » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:57 am

They could make Baraka.

LakerNation1216

Postby LakerNation1216 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:55 pm

masonfunkocarr wrote:
LakerNation1216 wrote:
masonfunkocarr wrote:A Mileena, Jade, & Kitana 3 pack would be cool.

Totally! They can even make bloody versions to top it off!

Bloody variants to characters would be cool.

Definitely! That would be a no-brainer especially for MK pops! Nice idea.
Current POP/Dorbz/Misc. Funko Count:
~1,711

Updated 4-11-22

Lakers Basketball
Rams Football
:freddy3:

camberserker

Postby camberserker » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:53 pm

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
masonfunkocarr wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:I know Funko would have to water it down a bit or just choose the not so bad fatalities.

yeah. for sure.

Give them green blood like in the early days of Mortal Kombat for the sensitive people. That mode was funny. Who bleeds green? :roflmao:

Funny thing is, there wasn't green blood in MK1. For some reason they tinted the blood white and called it "sweat". It looked more like another bodily substance I won't name. Reptile and Sheeva bled green in later games though.

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:22 pm

camberserker wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
masonfunkocarr wrote:yeah. for sure.

Funny thing is, there wasn't green blood in MK1. For some reason they tinted the blood white and called it "sweat". It looked more like another bodily substance I won't name. Reptile and Sheeva bled green in later games though.

I believe on the sega genesis you could change the color from red to green.

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:23 pm

camberserker wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
masonfunkocarr wrote:yeah. for sure.

masonfunkocarr

Postby masonfunkocarr » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:25 pm

LakerNation1216 wrote:
masonfunkocarr wrote:
LakerNation1216 wrote:
Totally! They can even make bloody versions to top it off!

Bloody variants to characters would be cool.

Definitely! That would be a no-brainer especially for MK pops! Nice idea.

Great idea indeed.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:57 pm

What about the MK arcade cabinet?
Image Image
ImageImage

camberserker

Postby camberserker » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:07 pm

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
camberserker wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:

I don't think so. There was sweat in the genesis one instead of blood. You did the code to get red blood. I may be mistaken but I can't find anything on it with green blood.

Return to “Pop!”