Anime Subscription Box

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
PopPChulo

Anime Subscription Box

Postby PopPChulo » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:29 am

Hey Funatics

Anybody on board with a Anime subscription box. I think that this is a huge untapped box that many of us would be interested in. Definitely so many different possibilities and this is one i could really get behind. What do you guys think?
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

geekypeeples

Re: Anime Subscription Box

Postby geekypeeples » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:59 am

Yeah agreed an Anime subscription box would be epic and very popular. You could go all the way back to Mazinger Z and take it up to Dragon Ball Z and bounce back to Akira and take high five fantastic journeys all over anime current and popular history. Definitely agree would be making fun to have
Be well and blessed; g'journey and Keep Lovin' this Pop Life!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Jeffvela710

Postby Jeffvela710 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:02 pm

Wow this would be awesome funko should jump on this ASAP

Son5hine

Postby Son5hine » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:54 pm

I would be down for anime sub box. Maybe get Demon Slayer, Ultraman, Kamen Rider (those are anime) hahah or even older anime would be fun
:freddy2:

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:55 pm

PopPChulo wrote:Hey Funatics

Anybody on board with a Anime subscription box. I think that this is a huge untapped box that many of us would be interested in. Definitely so many different possibilities and this is one i could really get behind. What do you guys think?

You know I would be down for this! Sign me up!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:19 pm

Hot Topic is doing an anime box with Funko and the first one was the DBZ box. Hopefully more boxes are coming soon with less mainstream anime themes. Not a subscription box but beggers cant be choosers haha
Hi, I’m Steph.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:23 am

TheStephil wrote:

Hot Topic is doing an anime box with Funko and the first one was the DBZ box. Hopefully more boxes are coming soon with less mainstream anime themes. Not a subscription box but beggers cant be choosers haha

Haha but amazon has a marvel subscription box. I want a box that consistently has anime pops in but doesnt show me whats in it til i get the pops so im just suprised by the assortment of exclusive anime characters in getting. Is this type of joy too much to ask for. .?
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:36 pm

The MHA box from Gamestop did pretty well, so I agree some anime sub boxes would be nice. I’m just trying to see who would be the best character to start with?? lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:53 pm

lavery01 wrote:The MHA box from Gamestop did pretty well, so I agree some anime sub boxes would be nice. I’m just trying to see who would be the best character to start with?? lol

Ideally, who would you want to see first?
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:49 pm

jjb11590 wrote:
lavery01 wrote:The MHA box from Gamestop did pretty well, so I agree some anime sub boxes would be nice. I’m just trying to see who would be the best character to start with?? lol

Would have wanted piccolo from dbz, but we just got him for nycc. Wouldn’t mind something sailor moon related for my daughter. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Ruen97

Postby Ruen97 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:25 am

I would vote for this subscription box, but us DCFans haven’t really got much love lately in our subscription box. I’d like to see some Saint Seya, and seven deadly sins.
Mr. Freeze and Pop Collector
Collector: Since 2012
Full Sets: BVS/BTAS/Gotham/Impopsters/Carebears
Located: SCLA
:dkjoker1:

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:24 pm

lavery01 wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

Would have wanted piccolo from dbz, but we just got him for nycc. Wouldn’t mind something sailor moon related for my daughter. lol

I'm not the biggest Sailor Moon fan, but know plenty of people who would be SOOOO down for that!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

Karubin

Postby Karubin » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:49 pm

I am a big Anime fan, so I am so down for a sub box!!

Calvin
IG: karubin_funko
Twitter: Karubin_funko

Main Line: DBZ, MHA, Naruto, NBA, Anime, Kingdom Hearts, and Overwatch
Sub Line: Freddy Funko, Pop Asia, Marvel, DC, and etc.
Pop!: 2,000+
Dorbz: 150+
ISO: Atomic Freddy & Hall H Freddy

Funko events attended FUNday 2019: Team Loko Moko, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FunKon 2021, Virtual FUNday 2021: Team Proto Punks

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:55 pm

I would definitely be in. It would be nice to be able to turn off and on depending on if you like the anime
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:15 pm

hailmary25 wrote:I would definitely be in. It would be nice to be able to turn off and on depending on if you like the anime

Agreed. that would make life much easier!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:31 pm

not saying that it'd be my #1 choice of which new sub box to make, but i'd give it a try in the hopes of landing some dope tshirt merch :)

Funkofan21

Postby Funkofan21 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:25 am

I'd give it a try as well. There would be tons of pops that funko could chose to make exclusively for the sub box
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ImageImageImageImage

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:05 pm

I think an Anime Sub box would be a hit. I can see it already Anime Sub Box DBZ chase lol
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:43 pm

TriFeckTa wrote:I think an Anime Sub box would be a hit. I can see it already Anime Sub Box DBZ chase lol

To be honest with you - if there was a Anime Subscription box. I think that people would subscribe to it in a heart beat. I know anime fans like myself would EASILY subscribe to it... I feel like that is a untapped niche for Funko at the moment
PopPChulo

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:37 am

PopPChulo wrote:
TriFeckTa wrote:I think an Anime Sub box would be a hit. I can see it already Anime Sub Box DBZ chase lol

To be honest with you - if there was a Anime Subscription box. I think that people would subscribe to it in a heart beat. I know anime fans like myself would EASILY subscribe to it... I feel like that is a untapped niche for Funko at the moment

With the way they put out DBZ pops and some other anime you think they would have by now.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:38 am

PopPChulo wrote:

You know I'd be subscribing!
:mir1: :mir1: :mir1:
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

Toronto

Postby Toronto » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:42 pm

Would love one but I would be afraid it would just be every 2nd box DBZ.

Would love Sailor Moon, One Peice, Madoka, Utena, Demon Slayer, Samurai Champloo, School Rumble...
ISO:Spidey/Pennywise/Mono Conans, Jubilee & Scott Pilgrim Protos [Scott Common/Dorbz]
Dream Pops:Toronto Raptors player Pops, Kimono jacket Daniel from Karate Kid 2.
Hopeful Next Funko Store Location?: The desperately needed Toronto, ON Canada #FunkoToronto
Recently Completed: Calendar Go Sailor Moon [Thanks RedRoo], Scott Pilgrim Proto - Ramona & Gideon, Mooby Protos - Both Yellow & White!

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:58 am

Toronto wrote:Would love one but I would be afraid it would just be every 2nd box DBZ.

Would love Sailor Moon, One Peice, Madoka, Utena, Demon Slayer, Samurai Champloo, School Rumble...

And that's what I would expect! A diff anime every month. It could also be a way to introduce new lines as well.
PopPChulo

rixiuchiha

Postby rixiuchiha » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:49 pm

I can get behind this idea. Monthly subscription boxes just like the ones they already have for Star Wars and Marvel. But for different animes. This can be used to test out the waters for new anime lines. For example, make a box from Overlord and see how people like it. Then depending on the feedback Funko can decide if they make an entire wave for Overlord.
Rixi Uchiha :Image
Unapologetically myself. Cuban, movie junkie, self proclaimed poptographer, funatic, cosplayer, nurse, nerd and all around weirdo. :D

Funkofan21

Postby Funkofan21 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:12 pm

I think it would be too much of a gamble to make a sub box since there are too many franchises and not everyone follows all of them.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ImageImageImageImage

wash2366

Postby wash2366 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:19 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
Toronto wrote:Would love one but I would be afraid it would just be every 2nd box DBZ.

And that's what I would expect! A diff anime every month. It could also be a way to introduce new lines as well.

It's a great idea to have and to introduce new lines and shows!
Name: David / Pop count: 733 / Vynals: 4/ Dorbz: 10 / Soda: 4 / Mystery Minis: 12
Collection: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/po ... s/wash2366

ImageImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:40 am

wash2366 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

It's a great idea to have and to introduce new lines and shows!

I agree ! Can you imagine the hype of knowing your getting a random anime exclusive every month? I think this is a huge untapped niche for funko! I would be more than happy to subscribe.
PopPChulo

Return to “Powered by Funko”