Pint Size Heroes

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
gunner jed

Pint Size Heroes

Postby gunner jed » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:49 am

Is it just me or do Funko seem to be making less Pint size heroes?

I quite liked them!
Twitter: @filmaddict123
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/c/jedwagman (I make cool marvel movie mashups and edits)

ImageImageImage

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Re: Pint Size Heroes

Postby lavery01 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:03 pm

I think we get them more often than not. Didn’t we just get some new avengers ones? lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Jade-Rex

Postby Jade-Rex » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:35 pm

They seem to like them for advent calendars which makes sense but I would still like more. They're super cute and the small size works for me. Some anime PSH would probably do really well!
Pop count: 300+ (lost count lol)
Dream Pop: Fantasy Barbarian Bakugo
ISO: Bakugo Proto, Picklez and Chester holo cards
Lines I Miss: Wetmore Forest, Boo Hollow

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:52 pm

Jade-Rex wrote:They seem to like them for advent calendars which makes sense but I would still like more. They're super cute and the small size works for me. Some anime PSH would probably do really well!

So the latest advent calendar figures weren't actually PSH, but they are quite similar.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:02 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
Jade-Rex wrote:They seem to like them for advent calendars which makes sense but I would still like more. They're super cute and the small size works for me. Some anime PSH would probably do really well!

So the latest advent calendar figures weren't actually PSH, but they are quite similar.

They were between a PPK and an PSH in my opinion.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Jade-Rex

Postby Jade-Rex » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:46 pm

TheStephil wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:

The marvel one was like the pen toppers but the fortnite was psh right?
Pop count: 300+ (lost count lol)
Dream Pop: Fantasy Barbarian Bakugo
ISO: Bakugo Proto, Picklez and Chester holo cards
Lines I Miss: Wetmore Forest, Boo Hollow

gunner jed

Postby gunner jed » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:47 pm

TheStephil wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:

i thought they were PPKs (just without the actual K) lol
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/c/jedwagman (I make cool marvel movie mashups and edits)

ImageImageImage

jandkstuff

Postby jandkstuff » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:03 pm

I LOVED the pint size heroes and wish they would make more.
Hi, I'm Karyn! Nice to meet you. :-)

Neuron

Postby Neuron » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:32 am

Yea! I thought the pint size are cute..but i dont see new series anymore.
ImageImage

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:54 am

Same thing with Dorbz and Rock Candy :( I adored them so much.
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:40 pm

lavery01 wrote:I think we get them more often than not. Didn’t we just get some new avengers ones? lol

I didn’t realize they were still making the psh. I haven’t seen them for a little while. Glad to hear Funko is still making them.
Hi!!! My name is Noah. Pop collector since 2016.
ImageImageImage

gunner jed

Postby gunner jed » Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:40 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:Same thing with Dorbz and Rock Candy :( I adored them so much.

I actually really like dorbz but to be honest I hardly ever see them in shops- even when I started collecting Funko like 4 years ago- and so never really got any dorbz because I could never find them here in the UK very easily.

It’s a shame really...

ImageImageImage

Pryde72

Postby Pryde72 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:22 pm

I can’t comment on the fortnight advent calendar l, but the Harry Potter and Marvel were somewhere between a mystery mini size, and a PSH.

I love PSH and hope the line isn’t gone for good.

DC heroes, Star Wars and even LoTR would be sensational additions
I used to be a werewolf, but I’m alright nooooooooooow :cat:

Neuron

Postby Neuron » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:23 am

Still hoping for some mega dorbz for characters like armoured batman or hulkbuster
ImageImage

luckysalt

Postby luckysalt » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:14 am

Regarding PSH. The only new sets since summer 2017 were the Marvel Xmas set when they released 6 Xmas holiday themed ones at December 2018. They also released the Fornite ones in Jan 2019 and then the Fortnite Advent Calender around October 2019. As far as the normal 24 set boxes with 2 sets of 12 in a box, there's been nothing since Summer 2017 which was the Marvel 10 year anniversary set. So it's not looking good for the future of the line.

gunner jed

Postby gunner jed » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:50 am

luckysalt wrote:Regarding PSH. The only new sets since summer 2017 were the Marvel Xmas set when they released 6 Xmas holiday themed ones at December 2018. They also released the Fornite ones in Jan 2019 and then the Fortnite Advent Calender around October 2019. As far as the normal 24 set boxes with 2 sets of 12 in a box, there's been nothing since Summer 2017 which was the Marvel 10 year anniversary set. So it's not looking good for the future of the line.

That's a shame!

ImageImageImage

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:08 am

Bring them back, I liked the multi packs that they did at Target and the Fortnite style 2 packs. With the bags I saw busted open or crinkled bags which means people felt them up so much to find the ones they wanted. Just let us see what we get and let it be over.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

gunner jed

Postby gunner jed » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:55 am

Valde wrote:Bring them back, I liked the multi packs that they did at Target and the Fortnite style 2 packs. With the bags I saw busted open or crinkled bags which means people felt them up so much to find the ones they wanted. Just let us see what we get and let it be over.

Yeah the "blind" aspect of them was the only reason i dint buy more (and subsequently not getting all the ones i wanted due to fear of getting more doubles)

ImageImageImage

Funko_Phan26

Postby Funko_Phan26 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:49 am

Yea I’m quite surprised they never did Hp psh line or a lotr psh line...in understand why no Star Wars because they wouldn’t be able to get the bases on them to fulfill licensing agreements but some of their other most popular lines like anime for example....
:freddy3:
[ig]https://www.instagram.com/funko_phan26/[/ig]

Fundays 2022, Blacklight Battle
Fright Night II NYCC 2022
FOTW 2/24/18
FOTW 11/30/22

ISO: Black Panther Protos Rick and Morty Mystery Mini Protos.
Been collecting since 2016. FoTW Feb 2018. Check out my toy photography on Instagram!

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:23 pm

gunner jed wrote:
Valde wrote:Bring them back, I liked the multi packs that they did at Target and the Fortnite style 2 packs. With the bags I saw busted open or crinkled bags which means people felt them up so much to find the ones they wanted. Just let us see what we get and let it be over.

Yeah the "blind" aspect of them was the only reason i dint buy more (and subsequently not getting all the ones i wanted due to fear of getting more doubles)

My HT let me feel all the bags LOL
ImageImageImageImage

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:41 pm

I really liked the line, but like most non-pop lines I don't think PSH did very well in the mainstream. Most people probably felt they were too expensive for their size and only bought them if they were on sale, unless they were collectors. And I think a lot of people would get turned off on buying baggies of them once you could see that they had been felt up by a lot of people. I feel that PSHs would do better being sold as full sets or not as blind bags.

gunner jed

Postby gunner jed » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:44 am

dexiesmom wrote:I really liked the line, but like most non-pop lines I don't think PSH did very well in the mainstream. Most people probably felt they were too expensive for their size and only bought them if they were on sale, unless they were collectors. And I think a lot of people would get turned off on buying baggies of them once you could see that they had been felt up by a lot of people. I feel that PSHs would do better being sold as full sets or not as blind bags.

What was the price like in America?

in the UK, yeah the price was really bad- most shops sold them for £5 which is ridiculous given you can get a pop for £10. There was one shop that did them for £3 which is where i got them from. Recently i've found one site selling some of the older ones for £1 each which is really good value though!

ImageImageImage

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:32 pm

gunner jed wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:I really liked the line, but like most non-pop lines I don't think PSH did very well in the mainstream. Most people probably felt they were too expensive for their size and only bought them if they were on sale, unless they were collectors. And I think a lot of people would get turned off on buying baggies of them once you could see that they had been felt up by a lot of people. I feel that PSHs would do better being sold as full sets or not as blind bags.

in the UK, yeah the price was really bad- most shops sold them for £5 which is ridiculous given you can get a pop for £10. There was one shop that did them for £3 which is where i got them from. Recently i've found one site selling some of the older ones for £1 each which is really good value though!

I believe the usual price around here was $4 a piece. I agree the price point was perceived as a bit high for the product for non-collectors. They also were typically in with other small packaged toys that were only like $2-4 so they had more competition for what they were. And people stole them a lot (at Toys R Us you would usually just find the wrappers left and people had taken the figure out).
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

k05cube

Postby k05cube » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:30 pm

I liked them too. Was still hoping for psh Star Wars lol
:freddy2: Darth Maul Rules!

gunner jed

Postby gunner jed » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:59 am

k05cube wrote:I liked them too. Was still hoping for psh Star Wars lol

That would be hard to do with bases!

ImageImageImage

k05cube

Postby k05cube » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:58 pm

gunner jed wrote:

Dorbz didn’t had bases so psh should be without as well? lol

gunner jed

Postby gunner jed » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:51 am

k05cube wrote:
gunner jed wrote:

hmm, that's a good point- i forgot about dorbz

ImageImageImage

k05cube

Postby k05cube » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:37 pm

gunner jed wrote:
k05cube wrote:
gunner jed wrote:

hmm, that's a good point- i forgot about dorbz

Yeah there was dorbz then now it stopped so I was hoping for psh haha lol

Funko_boy13

Postby Funko_boy13 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:56 pm

Yeah I really liked the two pack idea for the fortnite line for some reason. I also agree with you that the bag thing was a huge mistake on Funko’s end because they could very easily get stolen where as the mystery minis it’s a little better because it has layers making it harder to get into.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:58 pm

kihou wrote:
gunner jed wrote:

I believe the usual price around here was $4 a piece. I agree the price point was perceived as a bit high for the product for non-collectors. They also were typically in with other small packaged toys that were only like $2-4 so they had more competition for what they were. And people stole them a lot (at Toys R Us you would usually just find the wrappers left and people had taken the figure out).

I agree with Kihou that a big problem for a lot of stores with PSHs is that they would get open or stolen very often. If they were open and they were an undesirable character, they would sit on the shelf. Some stores even resulted in to locking them into cases for anti-theft. I also agree with the comments about people not willing to buy them unless they knew what they were or were collectors. Most people weren't willing to buy them for their children when they ranged between $4-$7 depending on the store.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:07 pm

I definitely think the price was the biggest factor in slowing down on them. I have a handful from the Spider-Man set that I quite like but they were not a frequent purchase. They were usually add-ons to a larger order to reach a certain price or because I could get them for free.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:33 am

I miss PSH a lot. I think they're such a perfect size and so adorable. I was really hoping for Harry Potter ones in their advent calendars and was disappointed. Maybe blind bags weren't the best for them. I know I was one of those people that became adept at figuring out what figure was in the bag for the most part, but it was still really disappointing to get occasional dupes. I am still holding out hope that maybe we can get more in the 3 packs or advent calendars or something. The Masters of the Universe set is so amazing with the little flocked guys. Probably one of my favorite sets that Funko has made.
Hi, I'm Merri!

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:48 am

Super fun to rip open those mini bags!

case
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby case » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:18 pm

PSH Star Wars would be sweet!
FDO 6-7-8-9
Fundays 2014-15-16-17-18-19-23
SDCC 2014-15-16-17-18-19-23
Funko Fright Night, HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun, Wetmore Block Party

LatinFunko

Postby LatinFunko » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:04 am

gunner jed wrote:Is it just me or do Funko seem to be making less Pint size heroes?

I quite liked them!

Yup, seems they have gone the way of Dorbz. Shame..
OWNER
http://www.thefunexchange.com

IG & Facebook @thefunexchange

Image :wwe5: Image

Fundays 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2022

FDO7 Sacramento | FDO8 San Francisco

Fright Night | HQ Grand Opening | Making Fun Movie Premiere | FunKon

keyese

Postby keyese » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:48 pm

dexiesmom wrote:
kihou wrote:
gunner jed wrote:

I agree with Kihou that a big problem for a lot of stores with PSHs is that they would get open or stolen very often. If they were open and they were an undesirable character, they would sit on the shelf. Some stores even resulted in to locking them into cases for anti-theft. I also agree with the comments about people not willing to buy them unless they knew what they were or were collectors. Most people weren't willing to buy them for their children when they ranged between $4-$7 depending on the store.

Yeah, some stores nearby had started locking them up, and then it made it difficult to "feel up" the bags to avoid dupes, so I didn't buy them there. It's a bad situation to have to be in. Pops don't get stolen as often (I've seen some taken out but rarely), because the box is usually part of the value. For minis and pints, the packaging was not important so it's easier for people to swipe them :(
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

skillawashere

Postby skillawashere » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:44 pm

I miss these little guys. I feel like pouring a 40 once in honor of them, or having an F in the chat, either works
Priscilla: Therapist that spends too much money on Iron Man and other Marvel collectibles (including Funko)

Wild_Flower85

Postby Wild_Flower85 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:49 am

It's been a while since a new line came out, makes me sad, I love PSH.

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:50 am

Yeah I have a lot of the Batman ones. They're Awesome!

LatinFunko

Postby LatinFunko » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:03 am

skillawashere wrote:I miss these little guys. I feel like pouring a 40 once in honor of them, or having an F in the chat, either works

:roflmao: I got something on that 40! :D
OWNER
http://www.thefunexchange.com

IG & Facebook @thefunexchange

Image :wwe5: Image

Fundays 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2022

FDO7 Sacramento | FDO8 San Francisco

Fright Night | HQ Grand Opening | Making Fun Movie Premiere | FunKon

Return to “Blind Bags”