Rick and Morty Series 3!!!

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Lakers

Re: Rick and Morty Series 3!!!

Postby Lakers » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:17 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:Can anyone share a pic of the minis? I tried to find it and couldn't find the picture. :(
But I hope that this set does have a screwy ratio amount like the most recent sets they have been releasing lately.

prepare to be underwhelmed friend!

Are those the exclusives for Gamestop? So the regular ones are in the other retailers as Target, Hot Topic, etc?

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:18 am

Lakers wrote:Are those the exclusives for Gamestop? So the regular ones are in the other retailers as Target, Hot Topic, etc?

not sure, but i'd say probably since only the one set of exclusives have been shown that the others will just be the basic cases.

Lakers

Postby Lakers » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:50 am

Mr Yac wrote:
Lakers wrote:Are those the exclusives for Gamestop? So the regular ones are in the other retailers as Target, Hot Topic, etc?

not sure, but i'd say probably since only the one set of exclusives have been shown that the others will just be the basic cases.

Okay, thank you for the info.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:53 am

Lakers wrote:Okay, thank you for the info.

just a guess mind you, but since only the gamestop set has been posted so far i'd say it's a good one.

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:17 am

Series 3 Blind boxes are live on Boxlunch.com, 5 max limit.
25% off code: PB3ERDS9
https://www.boxlunch.com/product/funko- ... o#start=25

FunkoLoco

Postby FunkoLoco » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:09 am

Mr Yac wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:Can anyone share a pic of the minis? I tried to find it and couldn't find the picture. :(
But I hope that this set does have a screwy ratio amount like the most recent sets they have been releasing lately.

I wish they made new characters instead of more versions of rick and morty. The dragon would have been nice. Glootie and Jerry in tracksuits as well
ImageImage

FunkoLoco

Postby FunkoLoco » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:10 am

i hope the minis are all 1/12s
ImageImage

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:06 pm

FunkoLoco wrote:
I wish they made new characters instead of more versions of rick and morty. The dragon would have been nice. Glootie and Jerry in tracksuits as well

I fully agree, series 2 did a really great job of that. Million Ants will be one of my favorite minis forever.

FunkoLoco

Postby FunkoLoco » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:03 am

Mr Yac wrote:
FunkoLoco wrote:

I fully agree, series 2 did a really great job of that. Million Ants will be one of my favorite minis forever.

wave 2 of the minis was great! the set of vindicators was awesome!
ImageImage

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:16 pm

FunkoLoco wrote:

yeah, sadly my Supernova never would stand up because of her giant head and when I was trying to position it so that she would it came off lol

FunkoLoco

Postby FunkoLoco » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:28 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
FunkoLoco wrote:

yeah, sadly my Supernova never would stand up because of her giant head and when I was trying to position it so that she would it came off lol

Sticky tack haha. I have long since accepted that some minis and even Funki pops will just not stand right.
ImageImage

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:56 pm

Lakers wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:

Are those the exclusives for Gamestop? So the regular ones are in the other retailers as Target, Hot Topic, etc?

Based on the concept art, I’m excited for these! Love the odd variants from this season :drunken:
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

DaleDobeck

Postby DaleDobeck » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:04 pm

So these are 1/12 or still unknown?

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:06 pm

Love these, can wait to start hunting them down!
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:06 pm

There's 2 1\72's that I know of

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:34 am

Saw an unboxing video of a full case, the ratios are correct.
Mr. Poopy Butthole Exclusive is 1/6
GITD Hologram Rick Ex is 1/12
Snake Professor Ex is 1/24

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:22 am

Of course Wasp Rick is 1/72... Oh well, I do like this trend, though, of keeping the store exclusives under 1/36, just like in the Fantastic 4. They might have finally figured the winning formula out, even with all of the 1/6's.

FunkoLoco

Postby FunkoLoco » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:48 am

ryusilva23 wrote:Saw an unboxing video of a full case, the ratios are correct.

12 pieces. they just had to do a 1/72 and 1/36 :(
ImageImage

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:11 am

While I appreciate the info, that unboxing was a little hard to watch. Either she was playing for the camera or she really has no idea how these cases work. The hope for something other than another 1/6 after she had already revealed the only 2 actual mystery pieces (top middle) was painful to hear. I'm actually surprised these are out already, although PopCultcha already has them in stock. She said she found the case at a ThinkGeek, but I don't even see these on the GameStop website yet.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:36 pm

buried_by_pops wrote:While I appreciate the info, that unboxing was a little hard to watch. Either she was playing for the camera or she really has no idea how these cases work. The hope for something other than another 1/6 after she had already revealed the only 2 actual mystery pieces (top middle) was painful to hear. I'm actually surprised these are out already, although PopCultcha already has them in stock. She said she found the case at a ThinkGeek, but I don't even see these on the GameStop website yet.

the more I watch people outside of the community interact with Minis the more I realize most don't know what we consider to be the basics. even people on youtube who are funko oriented often are unaware of how ratios work.

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:01 pm

ryusilva23 wrote:Saw an unboxing video of a full case, the ratios are correct.

Can’t wait to tear into some of those!! Thanks for the info!
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:26 am

Mr Yac wrote:
buried_by_pops wrote:While I appreciate the info, that unboxing was a little hard to watch. Either she was playing for the camera or she really has no idea how these cases work. The hope for something other than another 1/6 after she had already revealed the only 2 actual mystery pieces (top middle) was painful to hear. I'm actually surprised these are out already, although PopCultcha already has them in stock. She said she found the case at a ThinkGeek, but I don't even see these on the GameStop website yet.

the more I watch people outside of the community interact with Minis the more I realize most don't know what we consider to be the basics. even people on youtube who are funko oriented often are unaware of how ratios work.

I can't complain, I started off not knowing anything about minis and how the ratios worked and the different types of cases. Like everything about Funko, I learned through experience. It's funny when I did find out, I threw a lot of money into the void with dupes lol.

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:19 pm

Ugh, the more I think about this set as I wait for them to hit my area, the more disappointed I get. Couldn't the GitD Rick hologram at least be carrying a different sign (or some chicken)? Couldn't we have gotten a snake variant (with a spacesuit, maybe) instead of two Mr. Poopy Buttonholes (both of which represented minor "jokes")? Would it have been so difficult to make a bloody Teddy Rick, with both versions 1/12? It just doesn't feel like a lot of care was put into this line. I will still go after it, though, so I guess that makes me part of the problem. Given the hologram Rick's, though, I think my completionist days on these Minis are over, which means I might be able to stop looking for those exclusive Meeseeks from Series 1.

Funko_boy13

Postby Funko_boy13 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:47 pm

FunkoLoco wrote:i hope the minis are all 1/12s

I was hoping that they were all 1/12 to but unfortunately they have different rarity’s for this set.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:37 pm

Funko_boy13 wrote:

I was hoping that they were all 1/12 to but unfortunately they have different rarity’s for this set.

so did series 2, but they screwed up somewhere and they all ended up being 1/12 anyway. so maybe we'll get lucky again ;-)

SpastikGrl

Postby SpastikGrl » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:51 am

I had my GS to a search in WA and nothing within 100 miles :(

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:03 pm

SpastikGrl wrote:I had my GS to a search in WA and nothing within 100 miles :(

eBay listings are from Nevada and Texas. My GS, in the upper midwest, said they are in transit. I'm hoping by this weekend.

SpastikGrl

Postby SpastikGrl » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:34 pm

buried_by_pops wrote:
SpastikGrl wrote:I had my GS to a search in WA and nothing within 100 miles :(

eBay listings are from Nevada and Texas. My GS, in the upper midwest, said they are in transit. I'm hoping by this weekend.

Excellent

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:14 pm

So, most GS and Hot Topics in my area got them today. I hunted for about three hours and just need the Wasp Rick. If anyone lands a dupe and would be interested in trading for some of my dupes, let me know and we can try to work something out. I would rather not have to widen my search area and spend all day Saturday on this one piece, but you all know that I will if I have to. #-o

billydarector

Postby billydarector » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:10 am

buried_by_pops wrote:So, most GS and Hot Topics in my area got them today. I hunted for about three hours and just need the Wasp Rick. If anyone lands a dupe and would be interested in trading for some of my dupes, let me know and we can try to work something out. I would rather not have to widen my search area and spend all day Saturday on this one piece, but you all know that I will if I have to. #-o

Hot Topics got them as well? What state are you based out of? Thanks
ISO: Rare Mystery Minis, Retro Freddys
Over 1200 Mystery Minis and growing
Image Image

:freddy3:

FunkoLoco

Postby FunkoLoco » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:46 am

Mr Yac wrote:
Funko_boy13 wrote:

so did series 2, but they screwed up somewhere and they all ended up being 1/12 anyway. so maybe we'll get lucky again ;-)

Good point. Here's to me hoping. haha. I completed 1+2 except for meseeks variants
ImageImage

cmasicampo

Postby cmasicampo » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:47 am

Found a fresh case at a GS today. Only opened 8 of the 12 boxes. Pulled a 1/36 Old Morty, 1/24 Wizard, and 2/3 of the GS Exclusives (1/12 GITD Holo Rick and 1/6 Cowboy MPB). Thankfully I managed to avoid any doubles.
I’m Chris
IG @CMonstercampo

ImageImage

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:07 am

billydarector wrote:
buried_by_pops wrote:So, most GS and Hot Topics in my area got them today. I hunted for about three hours and just need the Wasp Rick. If anyone lands a dupe and would be interested in trading for some of my dupes, let me know and we can try to work something out. I would rather not have to widen my search area and spend all day Saturday on this one piece, but you all know that I will if I have to. #-o

Hot Topics got them as well? What state are you based out of? Thanks

Great Lakes region.

Funko_Phan26

Postby Funko_Phan26 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:44 am

Got to 2 cases last night.
Pulled 1:36 hospice morty with the 1:24 snake
And the other case 1:36 heistatron with the 1:24 wizard

Can’t wait for the common cases to hit need a Miles Knightly!!!
:freddy3:
[ig]https://www.instagram.com/funko_phan26/[/ig]

Fundays 2022, Blacklight Battle
Fright Night II NYCC 2022
FOTW 2/24/18
FOTW 11/30/22

ISO: Black Panther Protos Rick and Morty Mystery Mini Protos.
Been collecting since 2016. FoTW Feb 2018. Check out my toy photography on Instagram!

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:30 am

I got Wizard with both Heistotron and Hospice Morty. I got my only Miles Knightly with a Heistotron, and my only Asher Hiss (the snake) with my only Death Tree Morty. The snake and death crystal Morty were from a Case F (the guy brought it from the back and opened it in front of me), so I'm guessing Wasp Rick is in Case C, at least at GameStop.

The chases were not always top middle. I know for sure they were bottom middle once, and some other cases might have been messed with before I got to them. In general, I would say test the middle pairs. If they are different weights, buy them. If they seem the same weight, I would say the heavier pair is probably the chases (compared to a pair of space suit Mortys). In the case of the snake/death tree Morty pair, however, they were similarly weighted and not very heavy. Needless to say, most of the common dupes I ended up with were Space Suit Morty, but I also got a few extra Teddy Ricks, from cases that I assume were either mixed up before I got to them, or maybe if they were in the back bottom in some layouts.

I assume Wasp Rick has to weigh a lot and takes up the most space within the box, maybe that will help.

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:36 am

buried_by_pops wrote:I got Wizard with both Heistotron and Hospice Morty. I got my only Miles Knightly with a Heistotron, and my only Asher Hiss (the snake) with my only Death Tree Morty. The snake and death crystal Morty were from a Case F (the guy brought it from the back and opened it in front of me), so I'm guessing Wasp Rick is in Case C, at least at GameStop.

The chases were not always top middle. I know for sure they were bottom middle once, and some other cases might have been messed with before I got to them. In general, I would say test the middle pairs. If they are different weights, buy them. If they seem the same weight, I would say the heavier pair is probably the chases (compared to a pair of space suit Mortys). In the case of the snake/death tree Morty pair, however, they were similarly weighted and not very heavy. Needless to say, most of the common dupes I ended up with were Space Suit Morty, but I also got a few extra Teddy Ricks, from cases that I assume were either mixed up before I got to them, or maybe if they were in the back bottom in some layouts.

I assume Wasp Rick has to weigh a lot and takes up the most space within the box, maybe that will help.

With all the newly release MM such as F4, R&M, BOP, and etc. depending on what case you get the high ratios will either be at the top or bottom. Because of multiple dupes and if you have a scale handy... it's pretty easy to weed out the 1/6 figures as long as you have a full case. No more dupes for me!

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:20 pm

ryusilva23 wrote:With all the newly release MM such as F4, R&M, BOP, and etc. depending on what case you get the high ratios will either be at the top or bottom. Because of multiple dupes and if you have a scale handy... it's pretty easy to weed out the 1/6 figures as long as you have a full case. No more dupes for me!

I just can't bring myself to weigh in store. I saw a grown man throw a hissy fit over this when a Hot Topic employee kindly informed him that weighing with a scale is against their store policy, and it kind of cemented in my brain how I feel about it. I already feel a little strange about handling all the boxes and judging weight by hand, but all of those 1/6s would murder me if I didn't have some kind of strategy.

I'm honestly surprised we haven't heard stories about someone bringing a portable ultrasound into the store with them at this point. Nothing would surprise me anymore.

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:58 pm

buried_by_pops wrote:
ryusilva23 wrote:With all the newly release MM such as F4, R&M, BOP, and etc. depending on what case you get the high ratios will either be at the top or bottom. Because of multiple dupes and if you have a scale handy... it's pretty easy to weed out the 1/6 figures as long as you have a full case. No more dupes for me!

I just can't bring myself to weigh in store. I saw a grown man throw a hissy fit over this when a Hot Topic employee kindly informed him that weighing with a scale is against their store policy, and it kind of cemented in my brain how I feel about it. I already feel a little strange about handling all the boxes and judging weight by hand, but all of those 1/6s would murder me if I didn't have some kind of strategy.

I'm honestly surprised we haven't heard stories about someone bringing a portable ultrasound into the store with them at this point. Nothing would surprise me anymore.

I always ask before I use the scale, the store I go to I'm a regular at and they don't care as long as I spend money lol. I don't do it if they say no, then I shake boxes and go by potential layouts. The other way to scale and not get judgement is to just buy the full box, weigh them at home and return the unopened dupes. Never done it with HT, because at least with Mystery Minis... those are final sale online and I assume the same in store.

DaleDobeck

Postby DaleDobeck » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:27 pm

Ordered 5 from box lunch.

3 teddy ricks and 2 spacesuit morty.

](*,)

L3g3nD33

Postby L3g3nD33 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:14 pm

ryusilva23 wrote:
buried_by_pops wrote:

I always ask before I use the scale, the store I go to I'm a regular at and they don't care as long as I spend money lol. I don't do it if they say no, then I shake boxes and go by potential layouts. The other way to scale and not get judgement is to just buy the full box, weigh them at home and return the unopened dupes. Never done it with HT, because at least with Mystery Minis... those are final sale online and I assume the same in store.

Definitely final sale at HT (online and in-store) unless you're cool with the manager/employees
Collecting Funko since 2016
Funko Fundays 2018, 2022, 2023
Funko Fright Night 2022
Funatics Day Out 9
San Diego Comic-Con 2019, 2022, 2023, 2024
New York Comic Con 2021, 2022, 2023

Image Image Image Image Image

Return to “Blind Bags”