HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
snowsiren

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby snowsiren » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:08 pm

SaintsRow2008 wrote:I would really love a Pop! of O from the New Year's episode. :)

Oh! Yes, exactly! :D
Hi! My name is Amber | Twitter: @AmberRaden
Collecting since 2013 | FunKlub member #1998 since October 2016
Fundays 2015 | Freaky Tiki Fundays 2019 | Virtual Fundays Games 2020/2021 | Blacklight Battle Fundays 2022

ISO Protos (Doctor Who, Quidditch, Daenerys, Game of Thrones Dragons, HALO)

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:15 pm

I just realized O is Davos from Iron Fist, nice!

I hope we get SOME version of The Master at some point, not counting Missy.
Spoiler: show
Not sure how I feel about O/The Master yet, but a pop of him would be fine too.

Overall though we still need at least one version of each Doctor and we are seriously lacking a bunch.
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

Pryde72

Postby Pryde72 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:39 am

Jezter wrote:I just realized O is Davos from Iron Fist, nice!

Overall though we still need at least one version of each Doctor and we are seriously lacking a bunch.

Yes an Anthony Ainsley and Robert Delgado Master, are sorely missed.

I’m a huge fan of the classic series and desperately hope for more pops from there.

On another note, a WW2 Dalek would be a good thing as well
I used to be a werewolf, but I’m alright nooooooooooow :cat:

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:31 pm

Pryde72 wrote:

I’m a huge fan of the classic series and desperately hope for more pops from there.

I have a lot of the creatures/bad guys I want. WW2 Dalek, wooden Cyberman, Cyber Leader, Sontaran/Strax, Sularian/Madame Vastra(and Jenny), Evil Snowman, Zygon and a lot more really, lol.
And then companions like Martha with the big gun, Donna with the bug on her back or The Library Console, Mickey with a gun, Bill, Nardole in the large robot body, and any number of various one or two episode helpers. :D

Pops!- 716ish

snowsiren

Postby snowsiren » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:00 am

I would love at least one of each of the doctors for sure. The Master/Missy, too. I've loved all of our new who Doctors so far and have gone back to watch at least a little of each of the "classics" but, honestly, there are now 13 Doctors, 9 Masters, and, what, 50 companions? Plenty of material to pull from for unique pops, not just variants.

(I say that, but I'd also love a variant of 13 in her new tux outfit. But also all of the other Doctors!)
Fundays 2015 | Freaky Tiki Fundays 2019 | Virtual Fundays Games 2020/2021 | Blacklight Battle Fundays 2022

Pryde72

Postby Pryde72 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:39 am

My favourite Doctor was always Pertwee (3rd) and Peter Davidson (5th).

Please Funko....please

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:05 am

snowsiren wrote:

I would love at least one of each of the doctors for sure. The Master/Missy, too. I've loved all of our new who Doctors so far and have gone back to watch at least a little of each of the "classics" but, honestly, there are now 13 Doctors, 9 Masters, and, what, 50 companions? Plenty of material to pull from for unique pops, not just variants.

(I say that, but I'd also love a variant of 13 in her new tux outfit. But also all of the other Doctors!)

It's tough, because I want them ALL, so I rarely complain about variants, but when we get variants instead of other Doctors, it makes me a little sad.
I'll never be able to get/afford the 12th Doctor in the space suit or the 13th doctor in the long coat, so those two will always be missing from my collection. I also need the materializing Tardis, but that dang thing is a little over my price range right now too, lol.

I'd be totally content if we only got 1 version of each of the Doctors left that haven't been made yet. I also only have interest in the newer companions, since we already have the old companion(Sarah Jane) that I am familiar with. Aliens/monters/creatures though, gimme em alllllll! :D :D

Pops!- 716ish

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:57 am

The new Doctor seems to be popular! Might make a comeback to vinyl!

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:55 am

I wonder how well this last wave sold - they were well made figures (especially The Doctor and the Kerblam Man). I need a Graham Pop and now that we have O and the wooden Cyberman from the trailers they could make another wave just based on series 12.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:08 am

I'm afraid we only got the First Doctor because of the David Bradley episode and we're not ever going to get the other Doctors. I think the BBC is tightly controlling what Funko is being allowed to make and that means only 13 related figures now.

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:05 pm

Jezter wrote:
Pryde72 wrote:

I have a lot of the creatures/bad guys I want. WW2 Dalek, wooden Cyberman, Cyber Leader, Sontaran/Strax, Sularian/Madame Vastra(and Jenny), Evil Snowman, Zygon and a lot more really, lol.
And then companions like Martha with the big gun, Donna with the bug on her back or The Library Console, Mickey with a gun, Bill, Nardole in the large robot body, and any number of various one or two episode helpers. :D

I love all the ones you mentioned. Although, I would ate a bit on getting a Donna w/bug on her back Pop. I just found that part of the episode super creepy. I'd still buy itu

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:20 pm

Jezter wrote:
Pryde72 wrote:

Yes an Anthony Ainsley and Robert Delgado Master, are sorely mis

I love all the ones you mentioned. Although, I would ate a bit on getting a Donna w/bug on her back Pop. I just found that part of the episode super creepy. I'd still buy it, but it's no less creeeepy!!

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:32 pm

Funko, we need all of the Doctors! I don't want to only have them in Titan form

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:28 am

Greymom wrote:
Jezter wrote:
Pryde72 wrote:

I love all the ones you mentioned. Although, I would ate a bit on getting a Donna w/bug on her back Pop. I just found that part of the episode super creepy. I'd still buy itu

First time I watched the shows as they aired I couldn't stand Donna, she was pretty annoying and not very nice overall, with the exception of a couple of episodes, one of them being Turn Left. I'd buy any pops they made, I just know I'd love to see the bug on her back, or if they made one of her as the console thing in The Library. :D

Pops!- 716ish

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:34 am

We cannot and will not save the line...the show has to do that.
If the show can continue to keep fans interested and create interesting charters & stories...the POPs will come without us even having to ask
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:16 am

Jezter wrote:
Pryde72 wrote:

Great List! I have been wanting a Zygon for some time. The Zygons are so creepy looking.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:35 am

Battastic wrote:We cannot and will not save the line...the show has to do that.
If the show can continue to keep fans interested and create interesting charters & stories...the POPs will come without us even having to ask

Not sure I totally agree, because Doctor Who fans do play a role in the line being popular, by buying the pops they make. I hope it isn't completely reliant on the show because I care more about older Doctors and creatures than I do the current ones.
A lot of people are unhappy with the current Doctor and companions and I think more fans would buy more of the other Doctors, companions and aliens than they would the current ones. Granted I have nothing to base this on except what I see people say about the show as is. I'm also going on my own opinion, which most of us are. I just hope the line keeps getting pops overall, but we need more of the older characters more than the current ones, in my opinion.

Pops!- 716ish

jimma

Postby jimma » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:35 am

Where are the Amy Pond/Clara variants??
ImageImageImageImage

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:52 am

Jezter wrote:

Not sure I totally agree, because Doctor Who fans do play a role in the line being popular, by buying the pops they make. I hope it isn't completely reliant on the show because I care more about older Doctors and creatures than I do the current ones.
A lot of people are unhappy with the current Doctor and companions and I think more fans would buy more of the other Doctors, companions and aliens than they would the current ones. Granted I have nothing to base this on except what I see people say about the show as is. I'm also going on my own opinion, which most of us are. I just hope the line keeps getting pops overall, but we need more of the older characters more than the current ones, in my opinion.

I'm sorry for not noting that I was aiming for newer stuff but I totally agree as far as older stuff goes.
If they do not sell...they will not get made. That's business 101 and I completely agree
Sorry for the confusion
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:32 pm

Battastic wrote:
Jezter wrote:

I'm sorry for not noting that I was aiming for newer stuff but I totally agree as far as older stuff goes.
If they do not sell...they will not get made. That's business 101 and I completely agree
Sorry for the confusion

It's fine, haha, and you aren't wrong. Obviously if there are interesting characters or aliens on the show now and people are watching and pops get made, there is a good chance they will get bought. I'm sure there are even people who would love more variants of 13, although I have one and will get the goggles version, but that's it since I'll never get the long coat one. I want to see more creatures if we aren't going to get old Doctors, and I'm ok if the creatures are new ones, because I'll still buy them. As for the new companions, so far none of them have done anything special to warrant me wanting pops of them, although now I wouldn't mind The Master. :D

Pops!- 716ish

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:39 pm

jimma wrote:Where are the Amy Pond/Clara variants??

We don't even get a Ruby Roundhouse pop and you expect more Amy Pond?

rixiuchiha

Postby rixiuchiha » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:09 pm

I am so disappointed with the new doctor, to the point I sold ALL my Doctor Who pops and quit that line. And this makes me think if any of you gave quit a line because the show got sucky?
Rixi Uchiha :Image
Unapologetically myself. Cuban, movie junkie, self proclaimed poptographer, funatic, cosplayer, nurse, nerd and all around weirdo. :D

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:24 pm

rixiuchiha wrote:I am so disappointed with the new doctor, to the point I sold ALL my Doctor Who pops and quit that line. And this makes me think if any of you gave quit a line because the show got sucky?

If Pops were a thing when LOST was still on, I might have sold all of my LOST pops, if I had any (I didn't buy any either because of that ending).

I loved Jodie Whitaker before she became The Doctor so I still love her. If they would just lose a couple companions and let her stop being scatterbrained.I'm hopeful for this season, it has started strong.

snowsiren

Postby snowsiren » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:39 pm

Jezter wrote:
Greymom wrote:
Jezter wrote:

First time I watched the shows as they aired I couldn't stand Donna, she was pretty annoying and not very nice overall, with the exception of a couple of episodes, one of them being Turn Left. I'd buy any pops they made, I just know I'd love to see the bug on her back, or if they made one of her as the console thing in The Library. :D

SAME! I couldn't STAND her. The second she came back in the Adipose episode I was like are you kidding me. By the end of that season I loved her and she is probably my favorite companion. I would love a pop of her!

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:00 pm

snowsiren wrote:
Jezter wrote:
Greymom wrote:

SAME! I couldn't STAND her. The second she came back in the Adipose episode I was like are you kidding me. By the end of that season I loved her and she is probably my favorite companion. I would love a pop of her!

Donna is actually one of my favorite companions. Knew from the start that she wasn't going to be like Martha. It just seemed that Martha spent most of her time pining away for the Doctor. Saying that, towards the end of her term, Martha did grow on me. She became a much stronger character than I originally gave her credit for. But I still love Donna more.

jimma

Postby jimma » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:35 am

fbingha wrote:
jimma wrote:Where are the Amy Pond/Clara variants??

We don't even get a Ruby Roundhouse pop and you expect more Amy Pond?

Yes, Yes i do :D
ImageImageImageImage

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:12 am

Greymom wrote:
snowsiren wrote:
Jezter wrote:

Donna is actually one of my favorite companions. Knew from the start that she wasn't going to be like Martha. It just seemed that Martha spent most of her time pining away for the Doctor. Saying that, towards the end of her term, Martha did grow on me. She became a much stronger character than I originally gave her credit for. But I still love Donna more.

Same I loved Donna. Make her for Doctor Who line and then use mold to give us a Nellie in the Office Line.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

[size=85]Image

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:25 am

volsspongebob wrote:
Greymom wrote:
snowsiren wrote:

Same I loved Donna. Make her for Doctor Who line and then use mold to give us a Nellie in the Office Line.

I appreciated Donna bit more when I was re-watching the show last year. She still bugged me a bit with how snarky she could be, but overall she wasn't as bad the second time around. Such a sad ending for her though, one of the worst, after Rose. At least Amy, Rory and Martha kind of decided what they wanted. I know Amy and Rory didn't plan to go to the past, but they had been tossing around the idea of being done with traveling anyway, so it wasn't quite as painful for them. I do miss Amy though, my favorite companion.
She's also one of my pops that leans and doesn't stand up straight, even after a fix, very frustrating being my favorite companion.

Pops!- 716ish

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:33 am

Jezter wrote:
volsspongebob wrote:
Greymom wrote:

I appreciated Donna bit more when I was re-watching the show last year. She still bugged me a bit with how snarky she could be, but overall she wasn't as bad the second time around. Such a sad ending for her though, one of the worst, after Rose. At least Amy, Rory and Martha kind of decided what they wanted. I know Amy and Rory didn't plan to go to the past, but they had been tossing around the idea of being done with traveling anyway, so it wasn't quite as painful for them. I do miss Amy though, my favorite companion.
She's also one of my pops that leans and doesn't stand up straight, even after a fix, very frustrating being my favorite companion.

Same with my Amy. I had to put her back in the box and leave Rory out in the OOB wild by his lonesome.

[size=85]Image

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:36 am

volsspongebob wrote:
Jezter wrote:
volsspongebob wrote:

Same with my Amy. I had to put her back in the box and leave Rory out in the OOB wild by his lonesome.

I just laid her down, which makes my DW shelf look off. Clara and River are threatening to bend too.
Sadly I also have Ms. Marvel, Emma Frost, Quake, Psylocke and a handful of others also laying down on the shelves. It's annoying. I heat them up and bend them back and they only bend again. People suggest quake putty and gluing them to their stands, but they don't see to understand that the pops bend at the knees and or hips, so those options don't stop them from leaning. We need those doll stands or something for them, but their bodies are so small...ugh.

Pops!- 716ish

Kullekter89

Postby Kullekter89 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:16 am

FUNKO WE NEED MORE DOCTOR WHO! POR FAVOR!
:freddy3:

Here to help other fellow funatics in anyway and everyway that I can.

Main ISO
RED SKULL
WHITE RANGER (GITD)

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:00 pm

So many they could make from the era of the 10-11th doctors that I would snatch up in a heartbeat. 6" Face of Boe, anyone? That would be the ultimate expression of the Pop style, just a big floating head.

Pryde72

Postby Pryde72 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:04 pm

Oooooh it’s a simple idea, but I now have this idea of an 18” Tardis....or Cyberman....or Dalek....or....well you get the idea

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:53 am

Any 18” Doctor Who, I’m acquiring for sure. They won’t do it though but an 18” Tardis, that would have much crossover appeal.

grumpysf23

Postby grumpysf23 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:59 am

fbingha wrote:Any 18” Doctor Who, I’m acquiring for sure. They won’t do it though but an 18” Tardis, that would have much crossover appeal.

Yes, this needs to happen!

Pryde72

Postby Pryde72 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:42 am

grumpysf23 wrote:
fbingha wrote:Any 18” Doctor Who, I’m acquiring for sure. They won’t do it though but an 18” Tardis, that would have much crossover appeal.

You’re right in that it will never happen...unfortunately.

Now I’m wondering how freaky an 18” Angel or “are you my mummy?” would be

snowsiren

Postby snowsiren » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:21 am

Pryde72 wrote:
grumpysf23 wrote:

You’re right in that it will never happen...unfortunately.

Now I’m wondering how freaky an 18” Angel or “are you my mummy?” would be

I don't have lots of space for these big pops but would LOVE the TARDIS for myself. Though I also help run a Doctor Who convention and bringing in an army or angels or creepy gas masked children would be extremely tempting :D

Nis_chac

Postby Nis_chac » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:25 am

How come there's a pop of Missy and none of the Master?
Violin is life :-({|=
Heading to NYCC 2022- Friday badge!
https://www.instagram.com/phunko_fotography
ImageImage

snowsiren

Postby snowsiren » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:34 am

Nis_chac wrote:How come there's a pop of Missy and none of the Master?

Missy is (slightly) more recent?

I would be surprised if we didn't get some of the iterations of the Master at some point, beyond just Missy.

Nis_chac

Postby Nis_chac » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:35 am

snowsiren wrote:
Nis_chac wrote:How come there's a pop of Missy and none of the Master?

Missy is (slightly) more recent?

I would be surprised if we didn't get some of the iterations of the Master at some point, beyond just Missy.

Hopefully NY toy fair will have a few!
Violin is life :-({|=
Heading to NYCC 2022- Friday badge!
https://www.instagram.com/phunko_fotography
ImageImage

Return to “Pop!”