Funko verse board game.

Here's a place to talk about Funko's clothing, books and bookmarks, homeware, electronics, and the like.
YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Re: Funko verse board game.

Postby YeetGrimes » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:34 am

Flampsy wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:What particular licenses do you guys think are perfect for Funkoverse? I can totally see a Stranger Things version being made.

That sounds awesome, especially considering Stranger Things is interwoven with D&D

That's a good point! I totally forgot about that. Lots of potential there.
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:31 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:
Flampsy wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:What particular licenses do you guys think are perfect for Funkoverse? I can totally see a Stranger Things version being made.

That sounds awesome, especially considering Stranger Things is interwoven with D&D

this would be epic and would be a complete blast from my past.

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:39 pm

I have a question that I'm a bit ashamed to ask...I own 3 different sets of Funkoverse but still haven't played it yet. How long does a 'typical' game take to play and does it depend on how many players are playing?
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:15 pm

Finally got the chance to see one of these in person and they're awesome! Box is smaller than I thought. I can't wait until they have a license that I'll want to buy. Stranger Things, I hope!
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:24 am

jjb11590 wrote:I have a question that I'm a bit ashamed to ask...I own 3 different sets of Funkoverse but still haven't played it yet. How long does a 'typical' game take to play and does it depend on how many players are playing?

I own all of the sets and I can't answer that question either.

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:32 am

fbingha wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:I have a question that I'm a bit ashamed to ask...I own 3 different sets of Funkoverse but still haven't played it yet. How long does a 'typical' game take to play and does it depend on how many players are playing?

lol mine are still in the sealed box lol
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:05 am

supertoygiant wrote:
fbingha wrote:

lol mine are still in the sealed box lol

...of my 3 sets, they're all currently sealed but 1 is a dup...the thought was I wouldn't mind opening that one up to play lol
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

kennyl14

Postby kennyl14 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:01 am

For anyone who has bought the game what do you think? Is it worth it. I’ve been wanting to buy it and try it.

snowsiren

Postby snowsiren » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:33 pm

My sister had the smaller HP one and has tried it. Their first game only lasted a few minutes, but it sounds like there are simpler versions of the rules for when you're just starting out and that's why it was so short.

I just got the HP one and will be trying it today, I think. Will let you know how it goes!
Hi! My name is Amber | Twitter: @AmberRaden
Collecting since 2013 | FunKlub member #1998 since October 2016
Fundays 2015 | Freaky Tiki Fundays 2019 | Virtual Fundays Games 2020/2021 | Blacklight Battle Fundays 2022

ISO Protos (Doctor Who, Quidditch, Daenerys, Game of Thrones Dragons, HALO)

snowsiren

Postby snowsiren » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:44 am

I just played today for the first time and I liked it! A few things to note based on some of the questions here:

- We played with just two people. I don't think adding more people will necessarily change how long it takes because you'll work in teams rather than as individuals.
- There's a sort of dumbed down "first game" that lets you practice the game mechanics without getting into some of the nitty gritty details, which I really enjoyed. We were probably through the first game in 15 minutes tops once we started playing, but I thought it was a nice way to ease into the game.
- The full game took us less than an hour to get through, at least with the scenario we played. There are several scenarios you can use once you get into the full game that give you different objectives to win. We played one where you earn points for occupying space.
- There looks to be a lot of room for mixing and matching sets, at least within a property. I played the HP game and it specifically mentioned bringing in multiple versions of HP games, but I don't know how it might work if you wanted to combine, say, DC and HP.

Overall it was a fun strategy game to me! The mechanics didn't seem overly complicated, which made it easier to hop into the game more quickly, and I liked that it required some solid strategizing rather than relying overly much on luck. I'm looking forward to adding the other HP set in and mixing up the characters a bit!
Hi! My name is Amber | Twitter: @AmberRaden
Collecting since 2013 | FunKlub member #1998 since October 2016
Fundays 2015 | Freaky Tiki Fundays 2019 | Virtual Fundays Games 2020/2021 | Blacklight Battle Fundays 2022

ISO Protos (Doctor Who, Quidditch, Daenerys, Game of Thrones Dragons, HALO)

TenTwoSix

Postby TenTwoSix » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:10 am

kennyl14 wrote:For anyone who has bought the game what do you think? Is it worth it. I’ve been wanting to buy it and try it.

Played the HP version and had fun. A little complicated at first but once you understand the mechanics, it's a fun strategy game
Hi, I'm Jerry!

CaliCollectibles
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby CaliCollectibles » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:28 am

A DIsney, Spiderman, or TMNT version would be perfect as my first Funko Verse set. ;-)
Hi, I'm L.J. :spiderman: US Navy Veteran

Proto ISO: US Navy Sailor (Dress Whites), Inspector Gadget, Romeo (Romeo & Juliet).

Instagram/Twitter/YouTube: CaliCollectibles
https://www.instagram.com/calicollectibles

kennyl14

Postby kennyl14 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:54 pm

TenTwoSix wrote:
kennyl14 wrote:For anyone who has bought the game what do you think? Is it worth it. I’ve been wanting to buy it and try it.

Played the HP version and had fun. A little complicated at first but once you understand the mechanics, it's a fun strategy game

I need to buy it. I wish the rick and morty had 4 players in it. I have to try and get my wife into it lol

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:59 pm

Sitting here with the instructions and my head is spinning lol. No one warned me how complicated the game is.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

TenTwoSix

Postby TenTwoSix » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:01 pm

hailmary25 wrote:Sitting here with the instructions and my head is spinning lol. No one warned me how complicated the game is.

It is pretty complicated but you'll figure it out!
Hi, I'm Jerry!

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:25 pm

TenTwoSix wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:Sitting here with the instructions and my head is spinning lol. No one warned me how complicated the game is.

It is pretty complicated but you'll figure it out!

We just finished playing the Flag scenarion for HP. We think we have the basics down but will probably play Flags again once or twice before trying another scenario.

Rizzo Jenkins

Postby Rizzo Jenkins » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:46 pm

We bought one and have yet to play. Looking forward to it though! Our 11 year old loves board games.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:12 pm

Update: Played another round of the flags scenario and think we are starting to get it. The rule book is overwhelming. I would suggest watching the video and then just starting like my wife and I did. The 2 round have been lots of fun.

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:47 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:
Flampsy wrote:

I finally played my first Funkoverse game while I was on vacation in the Philippines this past month. Picked up the Harry Potter ones for my nieces. It was super-fun! The Death Eaters are so OP. Hahaha

Would LOVE to play a Stranger Things version of Funkoverse!!!

What kind of abilities do you think each character would have?
Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Funko Collectibles Count:4000+
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 794 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576
FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:58 pm

hailmary25 wrote:Update: Played another round of the flags scenario and think we are starting to get it. The rule book is overwhelming. I would suggest watching the video and then just starting like my wife and I did. The 2 round have been lots of fun.

Thanks for the suggestions. I imagine I'll be checking out YouTube soon!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

Flampsy

Postby Flampsy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:40 am

hailmary25 wrote:Update: Played another round of the flags scenario and think we are starting to get it. The rule book is overwhelming. I would suggest watching the video and then just starting like my wife and I did. The 2 round have been lots of fun.

Thanks for the info and updates. I've been wanting to try it but I don't have anyone to play it with if I did buy it.

Sometimes that's the best way to learn, just jump right in and figure it out as you go. I'm glad you guys had fun
Fundays 2017, 2022, 2023
San Diego Comic Con 2007-2019, 2022-2024
Wonder Con 2012-2019

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:12 am

Flampsy wrote:

Thanks for the info and updates. I've been wanting to try it but I don't have anyone to play it with if I did buy it.

Sometimes that's the best way to learn, just jump right in and figure it out as you go. I'm glad you guys had fun

It has been fun playing. We even have tought it to one of my kids who is 8. he enjoys it also.

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:30 pm

jjb11590 wrote:

I also will be checking out the YouTube videos on how to play. I have the full DC and Rick and Morty sets, but haven’t tried them yet. I have been too scared to try lol.
Hi!!! My name is Noah. Pop collector since 2016.
ImageImageImage

Raypunz

Postby Raypunz » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:42 am

dork_knight wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:
Flampsy wrote:

I finally played my first Funkoverse game while I was on vacation in the Philippines this past month. Picked up the Harry Potter ones for my nieces. It was super-fun! The Death Eaters are so OP. Hahaha

Lol I came to the same conclusion when playing the Harry Potter version. It definitely isnt balanced but still fun.

ISO:Michael Jordan Dribbling Proto! Run DMC urban vinyl production pieces. Also need, color benny the bull
proto.

Hi I'm Ray.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:16 am

Minyinz610 wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

I also will be checking out the YouTube videos on how to play. I have the full DC and Rick and Morty sets, but haven’t tried them yet. I have been too scared to try lol.

That was me too scared Leland then overwhelmed and now I love the game.

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:41 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

To bad we all don't live closer; We could have all gotten together to play.
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:44 pm

jjb11590 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:

Exactly, I only have one friend who is willing to play.
ImageImageImage

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:58 pm

Raypunz wrote:
dork_knight wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:That's a good point! I totally forgot about that. Lots of potential there.

Lol I came to the same conclusion when playing the Harry Potter version. It definitely isnt balanced but still fun.

Especially if you exploit Bellatrix's Mosmorde (I think) and use her ability when she moves off of cool-down. Even though they're OP, there's definitely strategy to defeat them. The second round we played, Hogwarts came out victorious :)

We made Harry our holder for Felix Felicis to be on the offense and that made him OP. And we made Ron and Hermione support each other to do most of the moving around the board to activate points.

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:05 pm

New addons coming:

Aggretsuko: https://twitter.com/boldbebo/status/120 ... 33313?s=21
Jurassic Park 4 Pack: https://twitter.com/collectjurassic/sta ... 4167984128
Golden Girls 2 Pack (other 2 ladies): https://winningstrategy.games/product/FNK-JUL198739
A DC Two Pack (probably more Batman): https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/OCT199172
Jurassic Park 2 Pack: https://www.facebook.com/queenrookcafe/ ... 0454980048

Source: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2343204/2020-releases

Someone from Funko even posts there.

We're very excited to show you what we've got coming to the Funkoverse in 2020! We have a host of non-Funkoverse titles coming, as well.

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:12 pm

Minyinz610 wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

If either of you are ever in the San Diego area, let me know. I'd be down!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:18 pm

fbingha wrote:New addons coming:

Golden Girls 2 Pack (other 2 ladies): https://winningstrategy.games/product/FNK-JUL198739
A DC Two Pack (probably more Batman): https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/OCT199172

We're very excited to show you what we've got coming to the Funkoverse in 2020! We have a host of non-Funkoverse titles coming, as well.

To bad they didn't do all 4 Golden Girls together though...either way, I'm glad they're coming out with the other 2
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

Raypunz

Postby Raypunz » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:40 pm

fbingha wrote:New addons coming:

A host of non funko verse titles too?!? I wanna see these

ISO:Michael Jordan Dribbling Proto! Run DMC urban vinyl production pieces. Also need, color benny the bull
proto.

Hi I'm Ray.

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:38 pm

jjb11590 wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

I will be in July, so many then.
ImageImageImage

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:41 pm

Aggretsuko? JP? These are too good! I hope Stranger Things is next.

I also wish some of the Pop!s that come with the game were standard Pop!s lol Like Ellie in JP!

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:16 pm

Minyinz610 wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:Exactly, I only have one friend who is willing to play.

For SDCC?
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

jdominguez12

Postby jdominguez12 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:13 pm

I wonder if Funko will make anymore Pop Playing cards, so far they have DC, Marvel, and TMNT, they should consider doing The Simpsons or Rick & Morty, Dragon Ball

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:15 pm

jjb11590 wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

For SDCC?

Yep, I will be attending for the first time.
ImageImageImage

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:45 pm

Minyinz610 wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:I will be in July, so many then.

For SDCC?

Sweet. I'm there every year. Hope we're able to meet up when you're here!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:19 pm

jjb11590 wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
For SDCC?

Sweet. I'm there every year. Hope we're able to meet up when you're here!

That would be awesome. We will keep in touch.
ImageImageImage

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:24 pm

I feel ya. My Goddaughter's bf and i were trying to figure it out and we did the tutorial where the objective was to knock out an opponent.

I think once we got over that hump, looking at the scenario cards made a lot more sense.

Can't wait to play again. We were playing with the game I got my fam in the PI, but meow that I'm back, I kinda wanna pick up a set for myself so my friends and i could play.

Return to “Other Funko Products”