Funko Shop Exclusive Items: Ron English Mona Lisa Grin Vinyl and Skate Board Deck

Talk about Funko Force, Quogs, Plastik, Nodniks, Blox, Vinyl Vixens, Vinyl Idolz, Super Deluxe, and other FUN Funko vinyl toys here.
Forum rules
If you're posting about vinyl made by any company other than Funko, please use the "It's Not Funko" forum. Thank you!
randig

Funko Shop Exclusive Items: Ron English Mona Lisa Grin Vinyl and Skate Board Deck

Postby randig » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:04 am

Fundays: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

ImageImage

jadekitten

Re: Funko Shop Exclusive Items: Ron English Mona Lisa Grin Vinyl and Skate Board Deck

Postby jadekitten » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:07 am

That's pretty sick. GL to anyone trying :)

fbingha

Re: Funko Shop Exclusive Items: Ron English Mona Lisa Grin Vinyl and Skate Board Deck

Postby fbingha » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:16 am

I don't get it at all. Seems like something to be sold on the Ron English website.

KLYONS05

Postby KLYONS05 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:55 am

I’m a Ron English fan but can not swing the $100 price tag currently. That and with the low low quantity it’s going to be one of the ones I have to try and hunt down at a later date.

Nis_chac

Postby Nis_chac » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:10 am

KLYONS05 wrote:I’m a Ron English fan but can not swing the $100 price tag currently. That and with the low low quantity it’s going to be one of the ones I have to try and hunt down at a later date.

Yup 100$ is just too much for me right now... I wonder what the dimensions are?
Violin is life :-({|=
Heading to NYCC 2022- Friday badge!
https://www.instagram.com/phunko_fotography
ImageImage

TheLastAnimator

Postby TheLastAnimator » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:21 pm

fbingha wrote:I don't get it at all. Seems like something to be sold on the Ron English website.

Yeah, I’m on the same boat, this has nothing to do with Funko...
:freddy3:

Typale

Postby Typale » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:23 pm

No matter how many times I see his work I just don’t think it’s anything but a little gross.

Of course that’s just me though. Many people love his work.
As Brian Mariotti once said.... Go boxless, it’s more fun!

Image Image

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:33 pm

Good luck for those trying to get these!
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:44 pm

TheLastAnimator wrote:
fbingha wrote:I don't get it at all. Seems like something to be sold on the Ron English website.

I was excited to see something different up on the site. I know they have been trying to branch out and this is very collector like. I am hoping to see more items like this. Though it's not really an artist I am a fan of, so with the high price tag I won't be trying. I guess it gives me hope that other things I may be into might be coming soon.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:46 pm

very cool, I'm curious what the material will feel like? A Funko POP kind of vinyl?
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:47 pm

this is a pass for me
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

Sthesuperstar

Postby Sthesuperstar » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:08 pm

I don't collect skateboard decks but that one is pretty cool. I missed everything though lol
Follow Me On Instagram @sthesuperstar
ISO SIMPSONS POPS & PROTOS
Member Of Funko Fiends Midwest as of November 2019 :freddy1:

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:10 pm

NCDS wrote:
TheLastAnimator wrote:

I was excited to see something different up on the site. I know they have been trying to branch out and this is very collector like. I am hoping to see more items like this. Though it's not really an artist I am a fan of, so with the high price tag I won't be trying. I guess it gives me hope that other things I may be into might be coming soon.

They should get into the Vinyl surrealism movement that is hot right now. They have the people and the talents to get in there and make some money.

If Funko did that, then freat, but its just that it looks like they are being the middle man for Ron English, which I don't understand. Maybe it was part of the deal when he did the Retro Freddys.

Personally, if it was a Freddy Funko head on Mona Lisa then I would be interested. My sentiments are heavily biased as I have no interest in Vinyl art whether it costs $5 or $500. I'll pay $300 for a Freddy Funko but not $100 for this.

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:17 pm

So glad they're rolling out some more skateboard decks. Lots of opportunities for artistic liberty. I love seeing what Funko's artists and not to mention Ron English have to offer.
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:18 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:very cool, I'm curious what the material will feel like? A Funko POP kind of vinyl?

That and the size of it is what I'm wondering :-k
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:33 pm

fbingha wrote:
NCDS wrote:
TheLastAnimator wrote:Yeah, I’m on the same boat, this has nothing to do with Funko...

They should get into the Vinyl surrealism movement that is hot right now. They have the people and the talents to get in there and make some money.

If Funko did that, then freat, but its just that it looks like they are being the middle man for Ron English, which I don't understand. Maybe it was part of the deal when he did the Retro Freddys.

Personally, if it was a Freddy Funko head on Mona Lisa then I would be interested. My sentiments are heavily biased as I have no interest in Vinyl art whether it costs $5 or $500. I'll pay $300 for a Freddy Funko but not $100 for this.

Replace Freddy's head with Ash Williams (Evil Dead) and we know I would pay $300 also.

This business is very buddy buddy so if they hit it off with Ron English I could see where some deals were made to Help Ron get items out there. My guess is a lot of people didn't know who he was until the retro freddy was made.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:02 pm

Well it sold out..kinda expected that given the low LE. Good luck to everyone that wanted and was able to get one!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

Raypunz

Postby Raypunz » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:59 pm

Tried, but i couldn't get to the page fast enough, oh well, I'll look at it as I saved $100 lol

ISO:Michael Jordan Dribbling Proto! Run DMC urban vinyl production pieces. Also need, color benny the bull
proto.

Hi I'm Ray.

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:12 pm

It sold out very quickly. I actually was trying for a friend and come out of que in a matter of secs, went to complete order and got put right back in que. I'm not even sure why or how that happened. Luckily, my funko buddy wasn't disappointed and appreciated me giving it a shot. Congrats to all that scored today.

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:16 pm

Boymom4 wrote:It sold out very quickly. I actually was trying for a friend and come out of que in a matter of secs, went to complete order and got put right back in que. I'm not even sure why or how that happened. Luckily, my funko buddy wasn't disappointed and appreciated me giving it a shot. Congrats to all that scored today.

I was surprised they sold out and that fast to be honest. I just didn't think the fan base was there...shows what I know lol congrats to everyone that got the W

Charger14
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Charger14 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:38 pm

Sold out before I could get it.
WOBBLER WANT LIST:
GROOVY GHOULIES - MUST HAVE
HECKLE & JECKLE
20" GALACTUS
DC SUPERHEROES

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:15 pm

There are about 400 active items from today's drop on Ebay with about 34 sold items.

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:22 pm

fbingha wrote:There are about 400 active items from today's drop on Ebay with about 34 sold items.

That's just sad...they were LE 500, right?
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

stayf3d

Postby stayf3d » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:42 pm

The vinyl is not for me but the deck is pretty dope
:freddy3:

Wondercon & SDCC since 2011
ISO: Lost & Game of Thrones Protos

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:16 pm

I was able to score a green one today. Funko said the figure is 9 and a half inches tall. I'm pretty excited to get this one.

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:33 pm

I'm kind of upset. so many people bought this strictly because of the Numbered funko sticker. and i am not just saying that because i missed out on it, but because of the over 400 live and 100 completed auctions on ebay. i love ron english and would have loved to have owned this piece but not at twice the price.
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Member of the Legion of Satanic Funatics.

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:30 pm

xmaldigolax wrote:I'm kind of upset. so many people bought this strictly because of the Numbered funko sticker. and i am not just saying that because i missed out on it, but because of the over 400 live and 100 completed auctions on ebay. i love ron english and would have loved to have owned this piece but not at twice the price.

I do have to agree that a number of buyers were perhaps more focused on the LE# versus the item or art involved.

zackispoppin

Postby zackispoppin » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:42 pm

It's something new which is cool and it looks amazing but making it such a small LE makes it almost unattainable. Jokes on the flippers though the ones on ebay are resulting in the sellers actually losing money. :roflmao:
Hardcore Little Monster! AHS Freak! Funatic 4 Life!

9fingerdevil

Postby 9fingerdevil » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:59 pm

zackispoppin wrote:It's something new which is cool and it looks amazing but making it such a small LE makes it almost unattainable. Jokes on the flippers though the ones on ebay are resulting in the sellers actually losing money. :roflmao:

I'm not seeing any sold for bellow retail on ebay how are they loosing money? Cheapest one I see sold on Ebay is $145 Definitely not big profits but still not losing money

TakeMeToTheRiot

Postby TakeMeToTheRiot » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:02 pm

9fingerdevil wrote:
zackispoppin wrote:It's something new which is cool and it looks amazing but making it such a small LE makes it almost unattainable. Jokes on the flippers though the ones on ebay are resulting in the sellers actually losing money. :roflmao:

I'm not seeing any sold for bellow retail on ebay how are they loosing money? Cheapest one I see sold on Ebay is $145 Definitely not big profits but still not losing money

It’s probably getting pretty close to losing money after shipping, taxes and fees. Even if there is a profit it wasn’t much in this one
INSTA TakeMeToTheRiot99

ISO: The Office Protos!!!

9fingerdevil

Postby 9fingerdevil » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:06 pm

TakeMeToTheRiot wrote:
9fingerdevil wrote:

It’s probably getting pretty close to losing money after shipping, taxes and fees. Even if there is a profit it wasn’t much in this one

For sure not making bank but still not losing money yet I'm sure in a couple weeks they will be loosing money tho

Vertigo813

Postby Vertigo813 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:20 am

Bummed I missed out on this, got stuck in the queue for a bit too long. I don’t think I’ll get this in the aftermarket, I will just wait for the next Ron English x Funko item and try my luck then (though these low number items, no matter how expensive, are rough to get).
Image Image

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:24 am

The flippers on eBay are dumping the pieces now. Selling for $125 minus the 10% ebay fee minus shipping, they are losing money.

Batcavehero24

Postby Batcavehero24 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:00 am

I didn't stand a chance! Well, maybe lots of us didn't. My circle of funko friends struck out
:SW7a:

MAKING FUN PREMIERE
FDO8
FUNKO HOLLYWOOD GRAND OPENING
SDCC 06-07 15-23
FUNDAYS 18-19-22
FUNKON 21
WONDERCON 23

AnyGivenFunko

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:44 am

It is interesting an item that has nothing to do with Funko appearing on their website. I wonder if we will see other designer toys showing up in the pop-up shop. I own one Ron English Darth Vader figure that I got from 2018 DesignerCon.
Dennis
IG: AnyGivenFunko

Funko Events: "17, "22, and "23 Fundays, "Making Fun" Hollywood Premiere, Irvine Spectrum PEZ event, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FDO8, FDO9, FunKon Hollywood, "22 & "23 Mask-O-raid, Fright Night II, Bob's Big Boy

zackispoppin

Postby zackispoppin » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:09 pm

9fingerdevil wrote:

Seen sold ones for around $130 BIN. Even at $145 they pay over $15 in fees and then shipping to the buyer on top of the $115ish cost.
Hardcore Little Monster! AHS Freak! Funatic 4 Life!

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:07 pm

I would say they are selling more around $100 now as the most recent sold listings are $125 to $130 or Best Offer and those are most definitely being sold with an offer accepted.

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:19 pm

The piece cost $117. Shipping should be about $15 priority mail. eBay fees are 10% and another 3% to PayPal. To even break even you need to sell for $140 or $135.

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby BigM » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:22 am

I wasn’t expecting this the other day. It’s a little odd to me to have a non Funko piece sold on the site but I know some collectors who enjoy both. Like someone above me said, maybe it is a deal for Funko do the collaboration with the Freddy piece.
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

Return to “Vinyl”