HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Pryde72

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby Pryde72 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:10 pm

dcooperfl wrote:
Cccustomspop wrote:
Fawny wrote:Not gonna lie...this Pop will be displayed in amongst my 11th Doctor Pops. (That is, when I finally do get to display them.)

Me too! As soon as I get one I’ll. E pitching the box and displaying him in my Doctor who collection

To this day that may be my favorite Doctor Who episode.

As much as I hated Matt Smith’s Dr...this was an awesome episode.

A shame they are so inconsistent with the writing.
I used to be a werewolf, but I’m alright nooooooooooow :cat:

Cccustomspop

Postby Cccustomspop » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:34 am

MOFFAT!!
Instagram: cccustomspop
FB: fb.com/cccustomspop

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:39 am

Man, I hope I can get Van Gogh at some point, and I will do the same as lot of you and add him to my DW shelves, lol
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

dcooperfl

Postby dcooperfl » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:39 am

Jezter wrote:Man, I hope I can get Van Gogh at some point, and I will do the same as lot of you and add him to my DW shelves, lol

So many people are. That was the first thought I had as soon as I saw this pop.
Damien | Austin, TX | @dcooperfl

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:08 am

Pryde72 wrote:
dcooperfl wrote:
Cccustomspop wrote:
Me too! As soon as I get one I’ll. E pitching the box and displaying him in my Doctor who collection

Which doctors do you prefer to 11? I started with 9, which I liked, I also liked Rose, which I know many don't, then 10 came along and 10 was the Doctor for me. When 11 came along, I did not like him, it took awhile but I grew to like 11 almost as much as 10 and I missed him when 12 came along. I appreciate 12 but there is just something amiss that I put him behind 9, 10, and 11. Personality, plot, whatever it is. 13, I don't feel I can ever get a real good shake on. I followed Tennant to Broad Church and so knew Jodie Whitaker before she became 13 and was over the top excited for her to be 13 so I know it isn't anything inherent with her but her Doctor is a bit to scatterbrained, a bit too I don't know. I know I prefer Doctors who can be goofy, and witty, but also stern, perhaps even a touch of meanness. She doesn't really have any of that and I've really had enough of her being along for the ride while her three companions seem to drive the show. At least can we have 50/50 between the Doctor and one companion (I'm thinking of Dr. Clara here).

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:54 am

fbingha wrote:
Pryde72 wrote:
dcooperfl wrote:

Which doctors do you prefer to 11? I started with 9, which I liked, I also liked Rose, which I know many don't, then 10 came along and 10 was the Doctor for me. When 11 came along, I did not like him, it took awhile but I grew to like 11 almost as much as 10 and I missed him when 12 came along. I appreciate 12 but there is just something amiss that I put him behind 9, 10, and 11. Personality, plot, whatever it is. 13, I don't feel I can ever get a real good shake on. I followed Tennant to Broad Church and so knew Jodie Whitaker before she became 13 and was over the top excited for her to be 13 so I know it isn't anything inherent with her but her Doctor is a bit to scatterbrained, a bit too I don't know. I know I prefer Doctors who can be goofy, and witty, but also stern, perhaps even a touch of meanness. She doesn't really have any of that and I've really had enough of her being along for the ride while her three companions seem to drive the show. At least can we have 50/50 between the Doctor and one companion (I'm thinking of Dr. Clara here).

I know you didn't ask me the question, but I'm bored so I'll answer for myself anyway, lol

4 is the one I remember watching with my dad, so he has some fond memories in my brain and the only previous Doctor I know well.

9 was fine, I liked him a lot, and I liked the chemistry between him and Rose, but I wish we got to know him more.
10 is far and above my favorite, I liked him the moment 9 changed into him. Him and Rose, him and the lady in the fireplace, him and a few others. Not a huge fan of Donna, so I wasn't happy when she was brought in. After a second viewing that I could binge, she's a little more ok. Sadly Martha didn't get a fair shake because she was a rebound companion and they made it weird, but I liked her more than Donna.

11 had the weird haircut and tiny, almost non existent eyebrows, so he was a bit of a shock after 10. After half a season though I really liked his weirdness and energy, so he's probably my favorite after 10. Amy is my favorite companion and Rory wasn't bad either. Clara and 11 were ok, I didn't dislike her but after Amy she was a tough act to follow.

12 was not fun to watch for probably the first half of his first season, as he was brash and rude and he and Clara did NOT have good chemistry at all in my book. He was so angry and played dumb when it came to Clara and Danny's relationship so it was a little annoying. After awhile though I really liked him and he's my favorite after 10 and 11, and even Danny grew on me, just to get a crappy end. Missy was ok, not a huge fan, I like the actress more on Sabrina than I did as The Mistress.

13 is ok, I have no issues with her being female, but I often find myself hearing 10 or 11 talking when she says or does things I think they would do similar. I wish the writing was better and that she had better lines, I feel like they fall flat and it's not her fault. I also don't mind the 3 companions that much, but I think with being 3 none of them get any really good screen time and the current season Graham keeps saying really dumb things, that makes me dislike him a bit. I think any of them would be fine with 13 if it was just them, but together they are kind of annoying, and it's mostly because of the writing. The Master was ok, I knew him from Iron Fist, so that was weird, but he's ok and I hope if and when he returns it's more interesting than his first appearance. VERY happy Jack made a return, I've been waiting for him or a past companion to come back since 12, and Jack was one of my top favorites that needed a return. Look forward to seeing what happens before the season ends, which is always too fast.

Ok, I'm done, lol

Pops!- 716ish

Pryde72

Postby Pryde72 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:12 pm

fbingha wrote:
Pryde72 wrote:
dcooperfl wrote:

Time to geek out! :)

I grew up in the time of Tom Baker, but didn’t really get into it until Peter Davidson.

My all time favourite though, has to be Jon Pertwee. He was flamboyant, intelligent, serious (not always a bad thing) and an action Doctor who knew Venusian Karate....I mean come on, Venusian Karate even sounds cool!

Plus I loved the rickety old sets, that wobbled if they hit them too hard.

It’s impossible to rank them after Pertwee and Davidson, but Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy and Matt Smith are at the bottom.

Heck, even Peter Cushing was (in my opinion) a better doctor than Smith.

Troughton gave us the clown, which Smith tried to bring back (maybe I should blame the writers for that?)...and it just didn’t appeal to me

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:29 pm

Pryde72 wrote:
fbingha wrote:
Pryde72 wrote:

I grew up in the time of Tom Baker, but didn’t really get into it until Peter Davidson.

My all time favourite though, has to be Jon Pertwee. He was flamboyant, intelligent, serious (not always a bad thing) and an action Doctor who knew Venusian Karate....I mean come on, Venusian Karate even sounds cool!

It’s impossible to rank them after Pertwee and Davidson, but Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy and Matt Smith are at the bottom.

Troughton gave us the clown, which Smith tried to bring back (maybe I should blame the writers for that?)...and it just didn’t appeal to me

I get that. I never watched the show before 9 and you inhaled it with the old doctors. Old and new who come at it completely different angles. I want to watch the older series, I really do but I've never been able to get into it. Rickety sets and all that, you know ;)

Pryde72

Postby Pryde72 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:41 am

fbingha wrote:
Pryde72 wrote:
fbingha wrote:

I get that. I never watched the show before 9 and you inhaled it with the old doctors. Old and new who come at it completely different angles. I want to watch the older series, I really do but I've never been able to get into it. Rickety sets and all that, you know ;)

Haha I can understand that.

I guess if I had to just rate the new series, I’d rank 9 as my favourite.

I don’t think I could separate 10 and 12, and I definitely don’t hate 13.

I just couldn’t get into Matt Smith’s doctor, and yet I loved Clara, almost as much as Amy

NESSNODDER
Hall of Fame Class of 2005

Postby NESSNODDER » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:10 am

Pryde72 wrote:
Nis_chac wrote:How come there's a pop of Missy and none of the Master?

I’d love a Delgado,Ainsley or Simm

I know there were other actors to play the role, but to me they were the best

DELGADO FOR ME.
COTM DECEMBER 2010

I'M BLOODY CRAZY ABOUT DOCTOR WHO!

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:41 pm

9 and Rose were my intro to DW so they will always have a special place for me at the top.

I may be in the minority but 12 is my next favorite. He was the Doctor and just different after two "goofy" doctors.

I mean ranking them is tough because have liked all the NeWho doctors. So 10 then 11 not that I disliked 11.

13 is to early to tell.

As for companions like I said Rose will always have a special place at top. I also loved Amy and Clara and if I had to choose I would give Clara 1A and Amy 1B lol

The first go around I hated Donna, but after a Binge I realized she wasn't as bad as initially thought. Martha was cool at first but then turned into a whiny the doctor doesn't love me baby.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:43 pm

9 and Rose were my intro to DW so they will always have a special place for me at the top.

I may be in the minority but 12 is my next favorite. He was the Doctor and just different after two "goofy" doctors.

I mean ranking them is tough because have liked all the NeWho doctors. So 10 then 11 not that I disliked 11.

13 is to early to tell.

As for companions like I said Rose will always have a special place at top. I also loved Amy and Clara and if I had to choose I would give Clara 1A and Amy 1B lol

The first go around I hated Donna, but after a Binge I realized she wasn't as bad as initially thought. Martha was cool at first but then turned into a whiny the doctor doesn't love me baby.

Nis_chac

Postby Nis_chac » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:58 pm

Pryde72 wrote:
dcooperfl wrote:
Cccustomspop wrote:

Wow that’s a great idea!!
Violin is life :-({|=
Heading to NYCC 2022- Friday badge!
https://www.instagram.com/phunko_fotography
ImageImage

Pryde72

Postby Pryde72 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:12 pm

NESSNODDER wrote:
Pryde72 wrote:
Nis_chac wrote:How come there's a pop of Missy and none of the Master?

DELGADO FOR ME.

100% agree!

dcooperfl

Postby dcooperfl » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:38 pm

Pryde72 wrote:
NESSNODDER wrote:
Pryde72 wrote:

DELGADO FOR ME.

100% agree!

I’m on board.
Damien | Austin, TX | @dcooperfl

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:42 pm

This thread grows ever more relevant!

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Wed May 06, 2020 3:13 pm

Wishing this pandemic was just a Doctor Who storyline. Doctor where are you?

Funko, please, let's see all of the Doctors. Come one! I would he happy with a B&W version of the existing First Doctor mold.

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Fri May 08, 2020 2:44 pm

I read that merchandise sales were down for Doctor Who, and I hope that does not stop us from getting the remaining Doctors and Ace before the line ends. I’d like to see Graham get a Pop, too - best part of the last couple of seasons.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

NESSNODDER

Postby NESSNODDER » Sun May 17, 2020 11:03 pm

THERE'S A BUNCH OF CLASSIC MONSTERS I STILL WANT.
COTM DECEMBER 2010

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Mon May 18, 2020 4:15 pm

NESSNODDER wrote:THERE'S A BUNCH OF CLASSIC MONSTERS I STILL WANT.

I want an Ogron and a Draconian, and a 6" Morbius.

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

NESSNODDER

Postby NESSNODDER » Thu May 21, 2020 11:41 pm

:icescream:
COTM DECEMBER 2010

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri May 22, 2020 12:06 pm

I need a few of the older ones yet!

Funal Funktasy

Postby Funal Funktasy » Sat May 23, 2020 12:33 pm

Still fomenting a plan to destroy the entire BBC archives just to remove Doctor Who from history. Will keep you updated.
Collecting since: Dec 2018
Main series: Harry Potter, Disney, MCU, LOTR, Movies
Looking to start collecting when I win the lottery: Pulp Fiction, Stan Lee MCU appearances, Haunted Mansion, The Hobbit.

Funko collection: Around 700; mostly Pops!

ISO: HP creatures 3 pack, GITD Balrog, Stonekeeper (MCU),

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Sat May 23, 2020 8:42 pm

Neeeeed more Doctor Who. I think we are good on NeWho doctors but I would still like older doctors and more companions and monsters

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:02 am

Just a another post in my favorite thread to remind Funko that we are still waiting ...

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:28 pm

Yes, please, more Doctors, if nothing else.

2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, we don't even need variants, just at least one version of each one, pleaseeeee!

Of course I also want Martha with the big gun, Donna with a bug on her back, Bill, Nardole in the red robot suit, Jackie Tyler, Mickie with a gun and the dimension hopper device around his neck, Madame Vastra, Jenny and Strax, and other older companions.

And then we need the wooden Cyberman, a Dreg, Headless Monk, Fisher King, Colony Sarff, The Whisper Men, Snowmen, Kahler Cyborg, Peg Doll, Handbot, Siren, The Flood, Ood, Zocci, Heavenly Host, Pig Slave, Judoon, Clockwork Droids, Catkind, Face of Boe, Sontaran, Silurian and many many more, lol

Pops!- 716ish

Pryde72

Postby Pryde72 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:04 am

I keep hoping that they do one for the cons...unfortunately wasn’t to be for SDCC or NYCC.

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:20 pm

Pryde72 wrote:I keep hoping that they do one for the cons...unfortunately wasn’t to be for SDCC or NYCC.

It feels like it’s been forever since the last wave. I really hope we at least get every Doctor, but we still have six of them to go.

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:20 am

When were the last ones? Year ago?
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:55 am

scullysdad wrote:
Pryde72 wrote:I keep hoping that they do one for the cons...unfortunately wasn’t to be for SDCC or NYCC.

It feels like it’s been forever since the last wave. I really hope we at least get every Doctor, but we still have six of them to go.

I was hoping for one or two during one of the recent cons which has been their way of giving us a couple the last few years, but nope.

Honestly I don't understand why they don't just hit us with one more wave, if only to get one more of each of the Doctors we don't have yet.
I know the world is weird right now and DW pops haven't been huge sellers, but I can't imagine they don't sell enough to justify the cost, especially if they just ended up being the doctors, a couple more villains and two or three more companions. :/

Pops!- 716ish

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:48 am

digithor wrote:When were the last ones? Year ago?

They released Tzim Sha at NYCC 2019, and that was the last one they have put out. The last actual wave was a few months before that.

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:14 am

scullysdad wrote:
digithor wrote:When were the last ones? Year ago?

They released Tzim Sha at NYCC 2019, and that was the last one they have put out. The last actual wave was a few months before that.

Not too bad I suppose then.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Pryde72

Postby Pryde72 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:08 pm

Jezter wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

I was hoping for one or two during one of the recent cons which has been their way of giving us a couple the last few years, but nope.

Honestly I don't understand why they don't just hit us with one more wave, if only to get one more of each of the Doctors we don't have yet.
I know the world is weird right now and DW pops haven't been huge sellers, but I can't imagine they don't sell enough to justify the cost, especially if they just ended up being the doctors, a couple more villains and two or three more companions. :/

I would be so happy with a line of The Doctors we don’t have....maybe throw in a Benton and Brigadier?

Of course there can always be more villains (hello? Master?), but anything at all, is better than the nothing we are getting now.

Victolus

Postby Victolus » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:48 am

Are more Doctor Who pops coming, or has this been stopped indefinitely?

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:22 am

Victolus wrote:Are more Doctor Who pops coming, or has this been stopped indefinitely?

Nothing that we have heard, but this thread helps to keep hope alive. It can't die until I get my Seventh Doctor and Ace [-o<

Nooklin

Postby Nooklin » Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:10 am

Saving the line starts with saving the show. 13 has really killed the series. I really liked 9, but 10 and 11 were also great. 10 clearly better than 11. The fandom is shrinking without new episodes. During Covid lockdown, this would have been a perfect opportunity to release new episodes for those stuck in their homes.

akagalar

Postby akagalar » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:23 pm

I thought I heard there will be a holiday special coming out.
Image Image

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:21 am

akagalar wrote:I thought I heard there will be a holiday special coming out.

You are correct, it should come out New Year’s Day. The next full series hasn’t even started filming though so the next season is probably 2022. The head of the BBC said the show was impossible to film under social distancing conditions.

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:26 am

scullysdad wrote:
akagalar wrote:I thought I heard there will be a holiday special coming out.

You are correct, it should come out New Year’s Day. The next full series hasn’t even started filming though so the next season is probably 2022. The head of the BBC said the show was impossible to film under social distancing conditions.

That makes sense. I also think they like to introduce the new doctor at SDCC so maybe an intro at SDCC 2021 and then start filming late 2021 early 2022. In the meantime I would love one or two more Pops to add to this line. Its been awhile.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

Victolus

Postby Victolus » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:09 pm

Really not sure why distaste (by some) should kill the chances of getting doctor who models. We had variants of 4, 9 - 13, plus the first doctor (1, no variant) but none of the other doctors. We're getting pop figures of other shows where you wouldn't think the audience would want a collectible for it (let alone several) - so why can't we still get classic Who doctors and monsters in the mix? You don't have to like Jodie Whittaker to want the 2nd or 6th Doctors, or pops of the Ood or the Third Doctor with Bessie (as a Ride pop).

Return to “Pop!”