Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Pops

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Trujitsu Ninja

Re: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Pops

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:25 am

Have a good feeling we will see some demon slayer pops this week or very soon.
:smt027 Trujitsu Ninja
Current collection count 540 updated 06/08/22
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

Pogiboy67

Postby Pogiboy67 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:27 am

just waiting on that preview... and if they don't release soon. hoping we get to something special during comic con.
:freddy2: POGIBOY67

ImageImageImage

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:26 am

d00dz wrote:After winning the recent Funimation award, I hope this series gets more viewers/fans! A lot of people are sleeping on this EXCELLENT series!

Well, I didn’t sleep on this show when it first came out... amirite thestephil? :roflmao:

So far the leaks from the NY toy fair didn’t include any Demon Slayer yet... ](*,)
- Ray
Instagram: grail_collector
Funko funatic Rookie of the Year nominee 2019

ImageImage

Xeverus86

Postby Xeverus86 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:36 am

Getting every single one!!!
A.A. 7/18/19 :angel9:
FUNKO FUNDAYS '17
FUNKO FUNDAYS '18
FUNKO FUNDAYS '19
FUNKO HQ GRAND OPENING
MAKING FUN MOVIE PREMIERE
FUNKO HOLLYWOOD GRAND OPENING
FUNKO FUNDAYS '22

d00dz

Postby d00dz » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:28 am

MrSmileyFace wrote:
d00dz wrote:After winning the recent Funimation award, I hope this series gets more viewers/fans! A lot of people are sleeping on this EXCELLENT series!

Well, I didn’t sleep on this show when it first came out... amirite thestephil? :roflmao:

So far the leaks from the NY toy fair didn’t include any Demon Slayer yet... ](*,)

Yeah :(

Maybe in SDCC? We can only wish.
ImageImageImage Image

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:48 am

d00dz wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:

I'm sweating. I've been sweating for this day all week.
Hi, I'm Dillon!

IG: cptsailor

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:59 am

MrSmileyFace wrote:

That's why you can't trust leaks!
Hi, I’m Steph.

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:57 pm

cptsailor wrote:
d00dz wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:

i'm hoping to sweat also...if i can get myself to the gym! :bounce:
still no pop reveal yet! usually my friends would send me pics of the concept art when its been posted :idea:
- Ray

ImageImage

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:09 pm

MrSmileyFace wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
d00dz wrote:

still no pop reveal yet! usually my friends would send me pics of the concept art when its been posted :idea:

I'm leaning towards it will have its own announcement in the future. Probably not NYTF
Hi, I'm Dillon!

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:22 pm

cptsailor wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:
cptsailor wrote:

I'm leaning towards it will have its own announcement in the future. Probably not NYTF

I think you might be right...so many leaks already...this one would have been one for sure!
- Ray

ImageImage

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:54 pm

cptsailor wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:
cptsailor wrote:

It seems like they've moved on from anime so you are probably right. Bummer though.
Hi, I’m Steph.

InternationalPopper

Postby InternationalPopper » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:19 pm

TheStephil wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:

It seems like they've moved on from anime so you are probably right. Bummer though.

Please say it ain't so :( :( :( :( :(
- InternationlPopper - :freddy2:

d00dz

Postby d00dz » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:17 pm

cptsailor wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:
cptsailor wrote:

Yeah, most of the pops have probably been announced already in NYTF. Oh well hoping for SDCC!
ImageImageImage Image

FunkoLoco

Postby FunkoLoco » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:58 pm

cmasicampo wrote:Really hoping this will be part of Friday’s reveals. I think there’s so much potential for some great sculpts for this line.

TheStephil wrote:
FunkoLoco wrote:have there been formal anouncements that these will be made? or not yet? looking forward to them

No formal announcement.
We are hoping they are announced at NY Toy Fair.

hoping as well. well ntyf is inderway. looking forward to the reveals! hehe
ImageImage

FunkoLoco

Postby FunkoLoco » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:00 pm

cptsailor wrote:
91shawny wrote:
FunkoLoco wrote:
when is the NY toy fair again?

I believe saturday in our time so like saturday night for you or so

Correct ^
I am surprised they did not start with announcements yesterday since last year the Toy Fair started Saturday the 16th, but announcements started Monday the 11th

lol a lot of leaks came out on instagram and facebook tho. still, nice to see funko still manage to reveal some that were not part of the leaked stuff. exciting year!!
ImageImage

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:12 pm

FunkoLoco wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
91shawny wrote:
I believe saturday in our time so like saturday night for you or so

Correct ^
I am surprised they did not start with announcements yesterday since last year the Toy Fair started Saturday the 16th, but announcements started Monday the 11th

lol a lot of leaks came out on instagram and facebook tho. still, nice to see funko still manage to reveal some that were not part of the leaked stuff. exciting year!!

Those leaks are such a pet peeve of mine.
Hi, I’m Steph.

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:36 am

d00dz wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:

Yeah, most of the pops have probably been announced already in NYTF. Oh well hoping for SDCC!

Nah, I’m sure it will be posted as a new release before any “exclusive” pop from a con! Most anime pop they introduced at sdcc were like smaller anime shows
- Ray

ImageImage

d00dz

Postby d00dz » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:17 pm

MrSmileyFace wrote:
d00dz wrote:
cptsailor wrote:

Nah, I’m sure it will be posted as a new release before any “exclusive” pop from a con! Most anime pop they introduced at sdcc were like smaller anime shows

True. Hope it'll be different this year though!
ImageImageImage Image

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:51 pm

d00dz wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
d00dz wrote:
Hey! This is a very good idea! I hope Funko finds some way to implement this.

I think it would be really cool - bonus points if some how we could wear our board names so we could get acquainted and know exactly who we are talking to from the boards. Tbh I would come early if funko would allow us funatics to get together.

Yes this! But yeah, it would be great if we could identify each other somehow or at least manage to get tables next to each other.

Typically if you come in a group then they will sit you at the same table. Maybe we can somehow organize it for the funatics to arrive at Fun Days at the same time (thats provided we actually get fundays tickets) - I think that will be paramount for our success.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:53 pm

d00dz wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:

I'm SUPER Hoping that we get a introduction to the Demon Slayer line via SDCC Reveals. Based off of how Funko has been approaching conventions starting from NYCC 2019 up to now - I feel like they may just give us a introduction to the Demon Slayer line through a SDCC Exclusive.
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:53 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
d00dz wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
I think it would be really cool - bonus points if some how we could wear our board names so we could get acquainted and know exactly who we are talking to from the boards. Tbh I would come early if funko would allow us funatics to get together.

Yes this! But yeah, it would be great if we could identify each other somehow or at least manage to get tables next to each other.

Typically if you come in a group then they will sit you at the same table. Maybe we can somehow organize it for the funatics to arrive at Fun Days at the same time (thats provided we actually get fundays tickets) - I think that will be paramount for our success.

Fundays tickets are step 1.
Seating is step 2.
Hi, I’m Steph.

d00dz

Postby d00dz » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:39 am

PopPChulo wrote:
d00dz wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

This would be best. But with lots of other people coming into the queue early, it might get confusing unless we get a Discord group going or something so we can coordinate in real time.
ImageImageImage Image

d00dz

Postby d00dz » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:40 am

PopPChulo wrote:
d00dz wrote:
cptsailor wrote:

I'm SUPER Hoping that we get a introduction to the Demon Slayer line via SDCC Reveals. Based off of how Funko has been approaching conventions starting from NYCC 2019 up to now - I feel like they may just give us a introduction to the Demon Slayer line through a SDCC Exclusive.

I'm definitely hoping for this!
ImageImageImage Image

d00dz

Postby d00dz » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:42 am

TheStephil wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
d00dz wrote:

Fundays tickets are step 1.
Seating is step 2.

ROFL this is also true. Step 1 is the hardest by far!
ImageImageImage Image

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:42 am

d00dz wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
d00dz wrote:

At least we got some amazing reveals at NYTF. Enough to hold me off for a teeny tiny bit on the Demon Slayer ones lol
Hi, I'm Dillon!

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:54 am

d00dz wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
d00dz wrote:

This would be best. But with lots of other people coming into the queue early, it might get confusing unless we get a Discord group going or something so we can coordinate in real time.

Yup, it gets hard to keep track. Especially because people that get there early are usually holding spots in line for people they want to sit with. It gets hectic easily.
Hi, I’m Steph.

d00dz

Postby d00dz » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:00 am

cptsailor wrote:
d00dz wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

At least we got some amazing reveals at NYTF. Enough to hold me off for a teeny tiny bit on the Demon Slayer ones lol

Haha the MHA announcements at NYTF already hit my wallet hard. I've already preordered every announced MHA pop. I don't know if my wallet could have taken a Demon Slayer announcement LOL!
ImageImageImage Image

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:01 am

d00dz wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
d00dz wrote:

Haha the MHA announcements at NYTF already hit my wallet hard. I've already preordered every announced MHA pop. I don't know if my wallet could have taken a Demon Slayer announcement LOL!

Yeah, I definitely dropped 2 bills after that announcement lol
Hi, I'm Dillon!

d00dz

Postby d00dz » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:02 am

TheStephil wrote:
d00dz wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Yup, it gets hard to keep track. Especially because people that get there early are usually holding spots in line for people they want to sit with. It gets hectic easily.

Yeah, having a Discord group so groups could be organized quickly would really help!

Something like:
[Group 1]
Look for the guy wearing [insert cosplay costume] near the [insert landmark]
ImageImageImage Image

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:17 am

cptsailor wrote:
d00dz wrote:
cptsailor wrote:

I feel you, now I need to start saveng again
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:49 am

d00dz wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:

There's gotta be something in the works for SDCC...there's just gotta be! [-o<
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:56 am

d00dz wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
d00dz wrote:

Yeah, having a Discord group so groups could be organized quickly would really help!

Something like:
[Group 1]

I think we could create a funatics discord - that’s a real possibility - I guess first we have to see if we actually get into fundays and then maybe we can organize a discord and see who would be interested in the funatics sitting with the funatics at funday’s. I just feel like it will make for a much more memorable experience because we interact with each other on the boards quite often and to share the same space and excitement would really be incredible and make us all look forward to the next funday’s even more - especially if we could make this a consistent thing where the funatics sit with the funatics
PopPChulo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:58 am

jjb11590 wrote:
d00dz wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:

There's gotta be something in the works for SDCC...there's just gotta be! [-o<

I hope so - they had a huge emphasis on anime for NYTF and they did anime pretty well for ECCC but I’m really hoping that they have a huge focus on Anime for SDCC - I’ve noticed with every convention (SDCC AND NYCC SPECIFICALLY) they seem to have a huge emphasis on one category - so I hope it is Animes turn especially given how successful each line is. I would REALLY love them to introduce HxH and Demonslayer by way of SDCC - what a way to introduce they lines if they play it that way
PopPChulo

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:05 am

PopPChulo wrote:
d00dz wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Something like:
[Group 1]

I think we could create a funatics discord - that’s a real possibility - I guess first we have to see if we actually get into fundays and then maybe we can organize a discord and see who would be interested in the funatics sitting with the funatics at funday’s. I just feel like it will make for a much more memorable experience because we interact with each other on the boards quite often and to share the same space and excitement would really be incredible and make us all look forward to the next funday’s even more - especially if we could make this a consistent thing where the funatics sit with the funatics

Aren't the majority of the people attending Fundays, funatics? I know there are invited guests and flippers but you'd expect the majority of the people are forum funatics.
Hi, I’m Steph.

islander671

Postby islander671 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:32 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:I have a REALLY really really good feeling Demon Slayer Pops! will be released next weekend at New York Toy Fair, so I'm bustin' my butt trying to finish an art piece of Tanjiro in Pop! form. I want to be able to compare my interpretation with Funko's.

Wow Julie this sketch is friggin amazing!!! Everything is looking great!! I do hope that the pops get announced soon enough I cannot wait for these to come out.
ImageImage

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:52 pm

islander671 wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:I have a REALLY really really good feeling Demon Slayer Pops! will be released next weekend at New York Toy Fair, so I'm bustin' my butt trying to finish an art piece of Tanjiro in Pop! form. I want to be able to compare my interpretation with Funko's.

Wow Julie this sketch is friggin amazing!!! Everything is looking great!! I do hope that the pops get announced soon enough I cannot wait for these to come out.

Thank you so much! :D
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

emoagogo
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby emoagogo » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:53 pm

Such a bummer these didn’t get announced this week. I always gotta remember toy fair announcements are only for stuff coming out in the first half of the year, still way more to come!

Emo or Emilio is fine.
ISO: Pixar Protos
IG: emoagogo

d00dz

Postby d00dz » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:11 pm

Ginzo1622 wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
d00dz wrote:

I feel you, now I need to start saveng again

We all know those savings will only last as long as the next Funko announcement haha
ImageImageImage Image

d00dz

Postby d00dz » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:13 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
d00dz wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Something like:
[Group 1]

Yeah. I definitely would not want to sit with people who know next to nothing about pops but scored Fundays tickets for the express reason of flipping everything.
ImageImageImage Image

d00dz

Postby d00dz » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:15 pm

TheStephil wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
d00dz wrote:

Something like:
[Group 1]

Aren't the majority of the people attending Fundays, funatics? I know there are invited guests and flippers but you'd expect the majority of the people are forum funatics.

A good chunk are, yeah. But remember last year when some botter scored 22 tickets through the ticket sale? That was a mess.
ImageImageImage Image

Return to “Pop!”