Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Pops

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
d00dz

Re: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Pops

Postby d00dz » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:14 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
d00dz wrote:
Yeah :(

Maybe in SDCC? We can only wish.

There's gotta be something in the works for SDCC...there's just gotta be! [-o<

I hope so - they had a huge emphasis on anime for NYTF and they did anime pretty well for ECCC but I’m really hoping that they have a huge focus on Anime for SDCC - I’ve noticed with every convention (SDCC AND NYCC SPECIFICALLY) they seem to have a huge emphasis on one category - so I hope it is Animes turn especially given how successful each line is. I would REALLY love them to introduce HxH and Demonslayer by way of SDCC - what a way to introduce they lines if they play it that way

Yeah I agree. I think last year's SDCC lineup was kinda weak personally and hope it'll be improved this year.
ImageImageImage Image

FunkoLoco

Postby FunkoLoco » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:03 pm

TheStephil wrote:
FunkoLoco wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
Correct ^
I am surprised they did not start with announcements yesterday since last year the Toy Fair started Saturday the 16th, but announcements started Monday the 11th

lol a lot of leaks came out on instagram and facebook tho. still, nice to see funko still manage to reveal some that were not part of the leaked stuff. exciting year!!

Those leaks are such a pet peeve of mine.

yeah i hate it too :(
ImageImage

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:31 am

d00dz wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:
d00dz wrote:
Yeah, most of the pops have probably been announced already in NYTF. Oh well hoping for SDCC!

Nah, I’m sure it will be posted as a new release before any “exclusive” pop from a con! Most anime pop they introduced at sdcc were like smaller anime shows

True. Hope it'll be different this year though!

Now hold on, EVA was a cult classic lol definitely not a smaller anime show but I agree that it'll probably have a common wave before an exclusive
A funatic who is 1% more obsessed with anime than Funko.

| Pops: 1530 | Dorbz: 18 | IG: 91shawny

ImageImageImageImage

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:48 am

91shawny wrote:
d00dz wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:
Nah, I’m sure it will be posted as a new release before any “exclusive” pop from a con! Most anime pop they introduced at sdcc were like smaller anime shows

Now hold on, EVA was a cult classic lol definitely not a smaller anime show but I agree that it'll probably have a common wave before an exclusive

:-# my bad! I started late in the anime watching game! Voltron was like the earliest one I actually watched when it was on! I've tried watching Evangelion now but just can't with so many newer anime shows available \:D/
- Ray
Instagram: grail_collector
Funko funatic Rookie of the Year nominee 2019

ImageImage

Jmagic

Postby Jmagic » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:51 am

MrSmileyFace wrote:
91shawny wrote:
d00dz wrote:

:-# my bad! I started late in the anime watching game! Voltron was like the earliest one I actually watched when it was on! I've tried watching Evangelion now but just can't with so many newer anime shows available \:D/

I recommend - Rise of Shield Hero, ofc Demon Slayer, and that time I got reincarnated as a Slime when you get a chance .
I Collect Stoof :albino:

Jmagic

Postby Jmagic » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:51 am

MrSmileyFace wrote:
91shawny wrote:
d00dz wrote:

I recommend - Rise of Shield Hero, ofc Demon Slayer, and that time I got reincarnated as a Slime when you get a chance .
I Collect Stoof :albino:

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:23 pm

Jmagic wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:
91shawny wrote:

I've seen Rise of Shield Hero...not the Reincarnated one. Right now, watching Vinland Saga
- Ray
Instagram: grail_collector
Funko funatic Rookie of the Year nominee 2019

ImageImage

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:48 pm

MrSmileyFace wrote:
Jmagic wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:

I've seen Rise of Shield Hero...not the Reincarnated one. Right now, watching Vinland Saga

I need to start watching Reincarnated as a Slime again. I started it and it's hilarious.
Hi, I’m Steph.

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:50 pm

TheStephil wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:
Jmagic wrote:

I need to start watching Reincarnated as a Slime again. I started it and it's hilarious.

Such a charming show, it lost me a bit at the end, but was still VERY good!
Hi, I'm Dillon!

IG: cptsailor

o2thedbld5

Postby o2thedbld5 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:21 pm

Still crossing my fingers very hard for Nezuko that I'm almost gonna break them. Lol [-o<
This be Aud, o2thedbld, odd!
Fav pop: Thumper :bunny:
ISO: The Jesus from The Big Lebowski, Audrey Hepburn Wacky Wobbler, Mars Attacks Martian

ImageImageImage

skillawashere

Postby skillawashere » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:49 pm

o2thedbld5 wrote:Still crossing my fingers very hard for Nezuko that I'm almost gonna break them. Lol [-o<

It has to be a matter of time; the line will print money.
Priscilla: Therapist that spends too much money on Iron Man and other Marvel collectibles (including Funko)

makehavoc

Postby makehavoc » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:51 pm

d00dz wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

I hope so - they had a huge emphasis on anime for NYTF and they did anime pretty well for ECCC but I’m really hoping that they have a huge focus on Anime for SDCC - I’ve noticed with every convention (SDCC AND NYCC SPECIFICALLY) they seem to have a huge emphasis on one category - so I hope it is Animes turn especially given how successful each line is. I would REALLY love them to introduce HxH and Demonslayer by way of SDCC - what a way to introduce they lines if they play it that way

Yeah I agree. I think last year's SDCC lineup was kinda weak personally and hope it'll be improved this year.

I felt the same way. I wasn’t impressed last year. Hopefully this year we will get some good stuff!

makehavoc

Postby makehavoc » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:35 pm

o2thedbld5 wrote:Still crossing my fingers very hard for Nezuko that I'm almost gonna break them. Lol [-o<

We are on the same boat!!!!

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:23 pm

makehavoc wrote:
d00dz wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

I felt the same way. I wasn’t impressed last year. Hopefully this year we will get some good stuff!

Last years reveals for SDCC didn’t have that same oomph that they had in years prior. I’m sure that there were very niche and specific people who were fans of some of the franchises but for me there really was nothing to write home about or none of the anime reveals or franchises that we really really wanted as anime fans. Yeah they had Evangelion which isn’t bad but I don’t think RWBY warranted enough weight to take up a anime exclusive slot. I remember looking at the reveals and hoping to see Naruto,Bleach or MHA show up and they didn’t. I would have even took Attack On a Titan or them introducing a new anime line like Reincaranted as a Slime or Ghibli
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

makehavoc

Postby makehavoc » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:43 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
makehavoc wrote:
d00dz wrote:

Last years reveals for SDCC didn’t have that same oomph that they had in years prior. I’m sure that there were very niche and specific people who were fans of some of the franchises but for me there really was nothing to write home about or none of the anime reveals or franchises that we really really wanted as anime fans. Yeah they had Evangelion which isn’t bad but I don’t think RWBY warranted enough weight to take up a anime exclusive slot. I remember looking at the reveals and hoping to see Naruto,Bleach or MHA show up and they didn’t. I would have even took Attack On a Titan or them introducing a new anime line like Reincaranted as a Slime or Ghibli

100% agree with you. I need Bleach and Demon Slayer pops.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:38 pm

makehavoc wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
makehavoc wrote:

They have recently been really pushing the anime love this month on the Funko site as well which I think is great. I just really want to see SDCC launch exclusives from a lot of the popular anime franchises. I would love to see all the forementioned. I think Funko is probably already cooking behind the scenes and deliberating on those exclusives as we speak.
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

makehavoc

Postby makehavoc » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:09 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
makehavoc wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

They have recently been really pushing the anime love this month on the Funko site as well which I think is great. I just really want to see SDCC launch exclusives from a lot of the popular anime franchises. I would love to see all the forementioned. I think Funko is probably already cooking behind the scenes and deliberating on those exclusives as we speak.

I hope you’re right :)

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:22 am

makehavoc wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
makehavoc wrote:

I hope you’re right :)

Those links are broken Joe. I’m reallly really hoping for Anime exclusives at SDCC that are outside of the juggernauts (DBZ and MHA). I hope they introduce Demon Slayer with a con exclusive although I’m aware they could possibly wait until NYCC - but in a perfect world I’d really like to see them go in on the anime con exclusives like they’ve been going in on the retailer exclusives
PopPChulo

Karubin

Postby Karubin » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:28 am

PopPChulo wrote:
makehavoc wrote:

I'm sure that is the case. As an Anime completionist for most of the major anime franchises. I am super excited with all these anime announcements at the same time I am preparing myself to get all of them. Bleach would be an epic line considering the upcoming 20th-anniversary project announcement.

Calvin
IG: karubin_funko
Twitter: Karubin_funko

Main Line: DBZ, MHA, Naruto, NBA, Anime, Kingdom Hearts, and Overwatch
Sub Line: Freddy Funko, Pop Asia, Marvel, DC, and etc.
Pop!: 2,000+
Dorbz: 150+
ISO: Atomic Freddy & Hall H Freddy

Funko events attended FUNday 2019: Team Loko Moko, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FunKon 2021, Virtual FUNday 2021: Team Proto Punks

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:20 am

Karubin wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
makehavoc wrote:

I'm sure that is the case. As an Anime completionist for most of the major anime franchises. I am super excited with all these anime announcements at the same time I am preparing myself to get all of them. Bleach would be an epic line considering the upcoming 20th-anniversary project announcement.

I’ve been hoping for Bleach and Naruto to enter into the convention exclusive for many years now. I don’t quite understand why funko would delay putting those fandoms into the con arena. I mean it makes sense to use MHA and DBz cause they are money makers but you also gotta tap your niche fan bases. I hope this is the convention where they do that because they really focused on tv shows and movies last year and while I was appreciative - I felt the anime category was lacking.
PopPChulo

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:53 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Karubin wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

I’ve been hoping for Bleach and Naruto to enter into the convention exclusive for many years now. I don’t quite understand why funko would delay putting those fandoms into the con arena. I mean it makes sense to use MHA and DBz cause they are money makers but you also gotta tap your niche fan bases. I hope this is the convention where they do that because they really focused on tv shows and movies last year and while I was appreciative - I felt the anime category was lacking.

I feel this year the anime scene was picking up. There were so many anime releases these last few months and we’re still at the beginning of the year. Hopefully the crisis is over soon and we can get back to enjoying all the new anime.
:smt027 Trujitsu Ninja
Current collection count 540 updated 06/08/22
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

mmmrice

Postby mmmrice » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:45 am

Karubin wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
makehavoc wrote:

This is what I'm hoping for too. Bleach had so many great characters with great design choices. Plus all the bankai forms

Karubin

Postby Karubin » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:41 am

mmmrice wrote:
Karubin wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

This is what I'm hoping for too. Bleach had so many great characters with
great design choices. Plus all the bankai forms

Yup, those are definitely be a great form to make as Pop!

Calvin
IG: karubin_funko
Twitter: Karubin_funko

Main Line: DBZ, MHA, Naruto, NBA, Anime, Kingdom Hearts, and Overwatch
Sub Line: Freddy Funko, Pop Asia, Marvel, DC, and etc.
Pop!: 2,000+
Dorbz: 150+
ISO: Atomic Freddy & Hall H Freddy

Funko events attended FUNday 2019: Team Loko Moko, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FunKon 2021, Virtual FUNday 2021: Team Proto Punks

mmmrice

Postby mmmrice » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:48 pm

Karubin wrote:
mmmrice wrote:
Karubin wrote:

This is what I'm hoping for too. Bleach had so many great characters with

I'm just glad we finally got all the sanin. Now we just need some bleach love!

FireFist

Postby FireFist » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:59 pm

d00dz wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

Yeah I liked NYCCs lineup more they had more interesting pops imo, my favorite was the Samurai Jack 2 pack plus they had 2 of the most wanted mha villians which was awesome!
    Image Image
Iso:One Piece and Yugioh Protos
Instagram:@stardust.singh

FireFist

Postby FireFist » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:01 pm

mmmrice wrote:
Karubin wrote:
mmmrice wrote:This is what I'm hoping for too. Bleach had so many great characters with

I'm just glad we finally got all the sanin. Now we just need some bleach love!

Yes agreed!
    Image Image
Iso:One Piece and Yugioh Protos
Instagram:@stardust.singh

mmmrice

Postby mmmrice » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:00 am

FireFist wrote:
d00dz wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Yeah I liked NYCCs lineup more they had more interesting pops imo, my favorite was the Samurai Jack 2 pack plus they had 2 of the most wanted mha villians which was awesome!

I think demon slayer would be a great summer edition add some they can capitalize on the hype while there's time. Such a short anime series though.

Pogiboy67

Postby Pogiboy67 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:10 am

cant wait to see those preview pics....
:freddy2: POGIBOY67

ImageImageImage

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:30 pm

cptsailor wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:

Such a charming show, it lost me a bit at the end, but was still VERY good!

I couldn't get into it.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:43 am

mmmrice wrote:
FireFist wrote:
d00dz wrote:

I think demon slayer would be a great summer edition add some they can capitalize on the hype while there's time. Such a short anime series though.

I think the designs of these specific pops are going to translate EXTREMELY WELL into funko pops. I say this because the techniques in the show are already in a league of their own and if you couple that with the unique art style funko has - I think it will translate really really well. I’m looking forward to definitely buying all of the commons for this set and hopefully they get us laced up with some con exclusives for this line I’m particular. I feel like funko is going to have to have a robust and bold Comic Con convention exclusive push and will have to tap into many of their licenses hopefully the anime ones going into SDCC to combat the damage that is being done by the Coronavirus
PopPChulo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:44 am

mmmrice wrote:
FireFist wrote:
d00dz wrote:

I think the designs of these specific pops are going to translate EXTREMELY WELL into funko pops. I say this because the techniques in the show are already in a league of their own and if you couple that with the unique art style funko has - I think it will translate really really well. I’m looking forward to definitely buying all of the commons for this set and hopefully they get us laced up with some con exclusives for this line I’m particular. I feel like funko is going to have to have a robust and bold Comic Con convention exclusive push and will have to tap into many of their licenses hopefully the anime ones going into SDCC to combat the damage that is being done by the Coronavirus
PopPChulo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:50 am

mmmrice wrote:
FireFist wrote:
d00dz wrote:

PopPChulo

mmmrice

Postby mmmrice » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:22 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
mmmrice wrote:
FireFist wrote:Yeah I liked NYCCs lineup more they had more interesting pops imo, my favorite was the Samurai Jack 2 pack plus they had 2 of the most wanted mha villians which was awesome!

Yeah, the art style is really refreshing. There will probably only be one more season so Funko needs to hurry up on getting these out haha.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:22 pm

mmmrice wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
mmmrice wrote:I think demon slayer would be a great summer edition add some they can capitalize on the hype while there's time. Such a short anime series though.

Yeah, the art style is really refreshing. There will probably only be one more season so Funko needs to hurry up on getting these out haha.

Absolutely - I’m in agreement with you . I can’t imagine how crazy and dope that funko is going to make these look especially give how great the animation is in the show. Funko is good about incorporating those special hallmarks about a anime in their figures
PopPChulo

Killua916

Postby Killua916 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am

FunkoLoco wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
FunkoLoco wrote:
lol a lot of leaks came out on instagram and facebook tho. still, nice to see funko still manage to reveal some that were not part of the leaked stuff. exciting year!!

I don't mind leaks. Help me plan out what I need to buy during the year. Plus these artists do just a crazy detailed job now they always blow my expectations out of the water.

mmmrice

Postby mmmrice » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:51 am

Killua916 wrote:
FunkoLoco wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

I don't mind leaks. Help me plan out what I need to buy during the year. Plus these artists do just a crazy detailed job now they always blow my expectations out of the water.

I think it's the type of leak, I don't like it when it spoils something in the movie if it is an upcoming release.

Pogiboy67

Postby Pogiboy67 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:42 am

im hoping we get a chance to meet and greet with the creator Koyoharu Gotōge st SDCC...
:freddy2: POGIBOY67

ImageImageImage

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:28 am

Pogiboy67 wrote:im hoping we get a chance to meet and greet with the creator Koyoharu Gotōge st SDCC...

And if they had a pop releasing at Sdcc. I would most definitely get that signed at all cost.
:smt027 Trujitsu Ninja
Current collection count 540 updated 06/08/22
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:39 am

Anyone that has animal crossing, you can make Demon Slayer fits! I think you need the pro design kit first. Then you have the flexibility. There’s templates online if you search for them. I made an Akatsuki robe but I want to make Tanjiro next!
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

Return to “Pop!”