Venom Mystery Minis Possibly coming soon

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Katers

Re: Venom Mystery Minis Possibly coming soon

Postby Katers » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:24 am

Kal-El-051 wrote:
LatinFunko wrote:
muscleheadfunkopop wrote:Not sure....saw one on one of those funko info pages and they were showing the glow of the exclusives.

It was a case from down under. Nothing stateside yet. smh

The constant hunting of Walmart’s is the something I do not look forward to.

No, but if they'd like to drop next month, I'm tentatively planning a road trip and can hit WMs on the way there! That would be great of them...!
Image ImageImage Image

bspears82

Postby bspears82 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:31 am

Have never seen these in store. Everytime i go into a store i see the empty box lol. Im always just a little late.

LatinFunko

Postby LatinFunko » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:21 am

Kal-El-051 wrote:
LatinFunko wrote:
muscleheadfunkopop wrote:Not sure....saw one on one of those funko info pages and they were showing the glow of the exclusives.

Agreed. Nothing worse than walking in and seeing the same stuff sitting on the shelves for 6 months. ](*,)
OWNER
http://www.thefunexchange.com

IG & Facebook @thefunexchange

Image :wwe5: Image

Fundays 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2022

FDO7 Sacramento | FDO8 San Francisco

Fright Night | HQ Grand Opening | Making Fun Movie Premiere | FunKon

LatinFunko

Postby LatinFunko » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:25 am

bspears82 wrote:Have never seen these in store. Everytime i go into a store i see the empty box lol. Im always just a little late.

Which ones do you still need? I have some doubles I need to move.
OWNER

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:27 am

LatinFunko wrote:
bspears82 wrote:Have never seen these in store. Everytime i go into a store i see the empty box lol. Im always just a little late.

Ill take a Loki, Black panther, and all 3 gamestop exclusive dupes off of ya lol

LatinFunko

Postby LatinFunko » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:30 am

FredKruger wrote:
LatinFunko wrote:

Ill take a Loki, Black panther, and all 3 gamestop exclusive dupes off of ya lol

I have a Panther and glow Iron Man.
OWNER

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:06 pm

Katers wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Very much appreciated, thanks! Think my GS options are tapped out here, unfortunately. Found one store with 5 boxes left - took my chances and pulled Miles. ](*,) I'll keep looking though, since you never know, right? Hope your WMs are nicer to you than mine are to me! In their defense though, my WMs seem to be disproportionately populated by what I term 'animals' - people that open the boxes right then and there, people that smoosh the boxes, etc. Very frustrating to come in after them and see the mess they left behind, and know that it's making my chances of finding minis I need less likely!

Ah man! I have those types of people out here as well. I call them the probers. They poke a hole in the box and tear the bag to see what’s inside.

Evil people...ruining it for all of us! Grrr.... ](*,)

It’s quite irritating. Makes me wonder how much the stores have to write off because nobody will buy them open.

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:07 pm

Katers wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:
LatinFunko wrote:

No, but if they'd like to drop next month, I'm tentatively planning a road trip and can hit WMs on the way there! That would be great of them...!

Ah yes, that would be nice. I am driving to Seattle for ECCC and can hit all stores on my way.

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:09 pm

LatinFunko wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:
LatinFunko wrote:

Agreed. Nothing worse than walking in and seeing the same stuff sitting on the shelves for 6 months. ](*,)

Yup, or walking in and seeing your personal Walmart still doesn’t carry Funko product.

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:24 am

It's been a few weeks since the release, so I normally see 1 to 2 boxes left over. ;-) ;-) ;-)
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #SODAWasted
Facebook: Iz Salazar

LatinFunko

Postby LatinFunko » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:57 am

Kal-El-051 wrote:
LatinFunko wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:

Yup, or walking in and seeing your personal Walmart still doesn’t carry Funko product.

Oh snap! That's horrible. smh
OWNER

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:14 pm

LatinFunko wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:
LatinFunko wrote:

Oh snap! That's horrible. smh

It sucks, thankfully Walmart’s are a dime a dozen so I don’t have to drive all that far to find another store.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:43 pm

Katers wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Common Captain Marvel, yes. Only one of my local GS got stock on these, everywhere else is at least 1/2 hour away! At GS, I ended up with my 2 Thanos, a Cap and an Iron Man. Everyone else was from BL, and I have no idea how I ended up with no Hulk. I don't hold out a lot of hope on finding the WM minis, I'm still looking for the Spidey set!

Thankfully, you have me out there hunting constantly on this set. In fact, my GS ordered me a couple of boxes and I have since picked up what I needed from the set in trades. I’ll let ya know what I pull and see if you need any of them.

Very much appreciated, thanks! Think my GS options are tapped out here, unfortunately. Found one store with 5 cases left - took my chances and pulled Miles. ](*,) I'll keep looking though, since you never know, right? Hope your Wms are nicer to you than mine are to me! In their defense though, my WMs seem to be disproportionately populated by what I term 'animals' - people that open the boxes right then and there, people that smoosh the boxes, etc. Very frustrating to come in after them and see the mess they left behind, and know that it's making my chances of finding minis I need less likely!

People blow me away. How rude must you be. I get picking up a mini, giving it a shake or even weighing it... but to open the box and then just leave it there is beyond reason. I really dislike people sometimes.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:31 pm

TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:
Thankfully, you have me out there hunting constantly on this set. In fact, my GS ordered me a couple of boxes and I have since picked up what I needed from the set in trades. I’ll let ya know what I pull and see if you need any of them.

Very much appreciated, thanks! Think my GS options are tapped out here, unfortunately. Found one store with 5 cases left - took my chances and pulled Miles. ](*,) I'll keep looking though, since you never know, right? Hope your Wms are nicer to you than mine are to me! In their defense though, my WMs seem to be disproportionately populated by what I term 'animals' - people that open the boxes right then and there, people that smoosh the boxes, etc. Very frustrating to come in after them and see the mess they left behind, and know that it's making my chances of finding minis I need less likely!

People blow me away. How rude must you be. I get picking up a mini, giving it a shake or even weighing it... but to open the box and then just leave it there is beyond reason. I really dislike people sometimes.

Agreed! Do they not realize this only hurts them in the future? If they continue to do this crap the stores will just stop carrying the product.

Funko_boy13

Postby Funko_boy13 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:50 pm

I hope that there’s a wave 2 of these guys with some more of those awesome glows in it lol

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:32 am

Kal-El-051 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:
Ah man! I have those types of people out here as well. I call them the probers. They poke a hole in the box and tear the bag to see what’s inside.

It’s quite irritating. Makes me wonder how much the stores have to write off because nobody will buy them open.

Right? Went to a WM a bit out of my normal area, and they'd actually installed a security camera and monitor that I could see myself on! I would hope that would be enough of a deterrent! Kinda hoping more WMs get them so they'll go back to stocking our minis!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:33 am

Kal-El-051 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:

Ah yes, that would be nice. I am driving to Seattle for ECCC and can hit all stores on my way.

I'm not sure which I'm more jealous of, WM roadtrip or ECCC? Good luck at BOTH!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:37 am

TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:

Exactly! It's so weird, too, since it's the opposite of what we have going on around here! The worst I ever encountered was at WM for the Infinity War line - like 8 of them opened, boxes shredded, plastic everywhere. It was like someone let rabid wolves in! And then I come in here and people are offering to help each other, sending minis to fellow funatics, checking stores for them...I just love it in here with all our peeps!
Image ImageImage Image

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:36 am

Katers wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Right? Went to a WM a bit out of my normal area, and they'd actually installed a security camera and monitor that I could see myself on! I would hope that would be enough of a deterrent! Kinda hoping more WMs get them so they'll go back to stocking our minis!

That would be a wonderful thing! Catch those folks red handed and then BAM busted!

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:37 am

Katers wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Haha! Thanks! Don’t be too jealous as of yet. I lost on the lottery so I will have to do the standby line and hope for the best.

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:38 am

Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:

Exactly! It's so weird, too, since it's the opposite of what we have going on around here! The worst I ever encountered was at WM for the Infinity War line - like 8 of them opened, boxes shredded, plastic everywhere. It was like someone let rabid wolves in! And then I come in here and people are offering to help each other, sending minis to fellow funatics, checking stores for them...I just love it in here with all our peeps!

This leads me to believe it’s people who are wanting them to resell. I am glad we have each other here to help out.

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:32 pm

Kal-El-051 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:

That would be a wonderful thing! Catch those folks red handed and then BAM busted!

"Security to electronics, STAT!"
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:34 pm

Kal-El-051 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:

Haha! Thanks! Don’t be too jealous as of yet. I lost on the lottery so I will have to do the standby line and hope for the best.

Aw, that's terrible news, sorry to hear that! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that the standby line is kind!
Image ImageImage Image

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:24 am

Katers wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Haha! Unfortunately I have a feeling the employees that would be watching don’t care. It is only Walmart after all.

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:24 am

Katers wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Aw, that's terrible news, sorry to hear that! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that the standby line is kind!

It was good to me last year. Can only hope it’s just as kind this year as well.

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:01 am

Kal-El-051 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:

Haha! Unfortunately I have a feeling the employees that would be watching don’t care. It is only Walmart after all.

So true...they often have bigger problems to deal with, as well! Worth a try though... even if the signal goes nowhere, I'd think it was a deterrent.
Image ImageImage Image

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:45 pm

Katers wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:
Katers wrote:

So true...they often have bigger problems to deal with, as well! Worth a try though... even if the signal goes nowhere, I'd think it was a deterrent.

Oh I would agree with 100%. The possibility of it being connected to something will at least deter the younger criminals.

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:24 am

Kal-El-051 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:

Oh I would agree with 100%. The possibility of it being connected to something will at least deter the younger criminals.

Yeah, but it's also pretty easy to snag the case and walk away with it. I've done that a few times when I wanted to weigh the minis, but didn't want people hovering over me. The real question then is, if you were to snag them and walk off, will someone come searching for you pretty quickly after that?
Image ImageImage Image

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:59 pm

Katers wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Yeah, but it's also pretty easy to snag the case and walk away with it. I've done that a few times when I wanted to weigh the minis, but didn't want people hovering over me. The real question then is, if you were to snag them and walk off, will someone come searching for you pretty quickly after that?

I wouldn’t think so. I have also walked away with the case at times to weigh in private. Again, I just don’t think the employees care all that much. They see a lot of weird stuff to begin with and somebody walking away with the whole case is nothing odd comparably.

makehavoc

Postby makehavoc » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:26 pm

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:

It's been a few weeks since the release, so I normally see 1 to 2 boxes left over. ;-) ;-) ;-)

Same... I’m always late too :(

maxrecords

Postby maxrecords » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:19 pm

i picked up an untouched case of these today from gamestop. i'g guessing case A?

thanos x2
cap x 2
GITD iron man exclusive x2
GITD hulk exclusive x1
rocket exclusive x 1
miles x 1
spidey x 1
deadpool x 1
groot 1

as cool as the GITD ones are Ii'd be willing to sell them or trade them for sometihing else. i think i just want to keep rocket and groot.

DFWFunkoHunter

Postby DFWFunkoHunter » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:26 pm

Kal-El-051 wrote:
tgltuz wrote:This set was harder than I thought to finish, but I did it through a trade :) Had to trade almost all the rares (minus x-23 of course) and a common set to secure X-23 but finished the set! Such a wonderfully done set

Congrats! Does your complete set include the Walmart exclusives?

unfortunately not, I just don't count Walmart until I actually see them in my area. there's too many sets that I just don't see that I don't count. If I see them pop up on ebay for reasonable prices I'll get em after giving it some time for them to make it to my area. I still haven't seen spiderman far from home minis get to my area yet :(

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:27 pm

tgltuz wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:
tgltuz wrote:This set was harder than I thought to finish, but I did it through a trade :) Had to trade almost all the rares (minus x-23 of course) and a common set to secure X-23 but finished the set! Such a wonderfully done set

unfortunately not, I just don't count Walmart until I actually see them in my area. there's too many sets that I just don't see that I don't count. If I see them pop up on ebay for reasonable prices I'll get em after giving it some time for them to make it to my area. I still haven't seen spiderman far from home minis get to my area yet :(

Sorry to hear that. Thankfully with this set if you manage to find a fresh box you will be able to complete the set for sure.

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:11 am

I'm watching Venom right now and just thought how cool these minis are.

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:44 am

Kal-El-051 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:

I wouldn’t think so. I have also walked away with the case at times to weigh in private. Again, I just don’t think the employees care all that much. They see a lot of weird stuff to begin with and somebody walking away with the whole case is nothing odd comparably.

Well, and honestly, they don't know that we're not buying the whole case. I doubt they think anything of it, if they even see it. They got stuff to do!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:01 am

tgltuz wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:

Ugh, I feel your pain! Not sure why WM is so hard! It's obviously do-able (thank you, Target!), but WM is always a disaster for minis! I'm not holding out a lot of hope (seriously, like 5%!) to see these anywhere other than ebay. Bleh!

On the bright side though, my local comic dealer got in a full set of these - cases A-F. He still had an untouched case F, where I (after some fails, thank you Deadpool, Captain Marvel and Black Panther) managed to pull an X-23! At least I also still needed Black Panther. And then the case he had out had (with 1 missing) had Loki! Score!!! Thanks to some trades, I scored the GITD Hulk and GS Rocket, so now it would just be common Hulk and those WM ones if I want to try to finish. Not bad at all for a set I really didn't think I could find!
Image ImageImage Image

DFWFunkoHunter

Postby DFWFunkoHunter » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:15 am

Katers wrote:
tgltuz wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:

Ugh, I feel your pain! Not sure why WM is so hard! It's obviously do-able (thank you, Target!), but WM is always a disaster for minis! I'm not holding out a lot of hope (seriously, like 5%!) to see these anywhere other than ebay. Bleh!

On the bright side though, my local comic dealer got in a full set of these - cases A-F. He still had an untouched case F, where I (after some fails, thank you Deadpool, Captain Marvel and Black Panther) managed to pull an X-23! At least I also still needed Black Panther. And then the case he had out had (with 1 missing) had Loki! Score!!! Thanks to some trades, I scored the GITD Hulk and GS Rocket, so now it would just be common Hulk and those WM ones if I want to try to finish. Not bad at all for a set I really didn't think I could find!

Congrats on that X-23! Common hulk should be easy peezy to find and well 5% sounds about right for WM lol

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:25 am

Katers wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:
Katers wrote:

That’s the truth. Plenty of other things on their plate to worry about the guy carrying around a box of minis.

Well, and honestly, they don't know that we're not buying the whole case. I doubt they think anything of it, if they even see it. They got stuff to do!

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:27 am

Katers wrote:
tgltuz wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:

Nice scores! I wish my Comic shop ordered like that. They usually order one case total and call it good.

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:31 pm

tgltuz wrote:
Katers wrote:
tgltuz wrote:

Congrats on that X-23! Common hulk should be easy peezy to find and well 5% sounds about right for WM lol

Thanks! There were 2 happy dances in the store - 1 for X-23, and then a more embarassing happy dance over Loki! I'm hoping I'll be able to find someone who wants to trade Hulk for my extra Miles. And then start planning which kindey I'll have to give up if I want the WM exclusives!
Image ImageImage Image

Return to “Blind Bags”