Venom Mystery Minis Possibly coming soon

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Katers

Re: Venom Mystery Minis Possibly coming soon

Postby Katers » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:59 am

TheStephil wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Mine never got them, and the 2 I saw were not super-local. Think if I end up with them it'll be via trade at this point, if even that. Not going to stress about that particular set, I got the ones I REALLY wanted!

There were only a few i was looking for out of that set. Thankfully none of them were Walmart exclusives.

Agreed! My must haves were loki, rocket and groot. X-23 would be an added bonus but not a must have.

Why must they make Loki hard in this set, and a 1/6 in the Thor ones? That was just mean. Glad he's not a cause for stress anymore!
Image ImageImage Image

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:03 pm

Katers wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Mine never got them, and the 2 I saw were not super-local. Think if I end up with them it'll be via trade at this point, if even that. Not going to stress about that particular set, I got the ones I REALLY wanted!

There were only a few i was looking for out of that set. Thankfully none of them were Walmart exclusives.

I would've liked to finish them off if I could, but after the insanity I put myself through with the endgame set, I went more with a "what will be will be" approach for that set. I choose to believe that fate will bring them to me someday!

Definitely a good way to approach these things in this day and age. A lot easier to not stress and let things happen.

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:04 pm

Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:

Agreed! My must haves were loki, rocket and groot. X-23 would be an added bonus but not a must have.

Why must they make Loki hard in this set, and a 1/6 in the Thor ones? That was just mean. Glad he's not a cause for stress anymore!

Haha! They have to spread the love out somehow. Rare in one set and common in the next.

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:26 am

Kal-El-051 wrote:
Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Haha! They have to spread the love out somehow. Rare in one set and common in the next.

Yeah, seems to go from set to set! Of course, if he was 1/6 I'd be complaining about all the duplicates I have! I guess I have to complete the set to be happy...! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:26 am

Kal-El-051 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:

I would've liked to finish them off if I could, but after the insanity I put myself through with the endgame set, I went more with a "what will be will be" approach for that set. I choose to believe that fate will bring them to me someday!

Definitely a good way to approach these things in this day and age. A lot easier to not stress and let things happen.

Yeah, there's enough to stress about right now! Terrible things like...shipping damage!
Image ImageImage Image

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:18 pm

Katers wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Yeah, seems to go from set to set! Of course, if he was 1/6 I'd be complaining about all the duplicates I have! I guess I have to complete the set to be happy...! lol

Well there is always something for us collectors to be displeased with lol

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:19 pm

Katers wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Yeah, there's enough to stress about right now! Terrible things like...shipping damage!

Haha definitely shipping damage. Especially for inbox collectors like myself.

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:10 pm

Kal-El-051 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:

Oh, absolutely! For all that collecting and collections are a very personal thing, we definitely have a list of things that are sure to enrage all of us!
Image ImageImage Image

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:15 pm

Katers wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Oh, absolutely! For all that collecting and collections are a very personal thing, we definitely have a list of things that are sure to enrage all of us!

Agreed, we all have our thing. I have been trying my hardest to not have my thing for the last few months and I think I am finally over it.

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:55 pm

Kal-El-051 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:

Agreed, we all have our thing. I have been trying my hardest to not have my thing for the last few months and I think I am finally over it.

That's great news, congrats!
Image ImageImage Image

AnyGivenFunko

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:10 pm

Looks like Venomized Mystery Minis are starting to show up.
Dennis
IG: AnyGivenFunko

Funko Events: "17, "22, and "23 Fundays, "Making Fun" Hollywood Premiere, Irvine Spectrum PEZ event, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FDO8, FDO9, FunKon Hollywood, "22 & "23 Mask-O-raid, Fright Night II, Bob's Big Boy

billydarector

Postby billydarector » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:13 pm

AnyGivenFunko wrote:Looks like Venomized Mystery Minis are starting to show up.

Everyone is trying to flip Punisher for like $40-$50..a 1/12...I'll have to sit tight for a few weeks to see those numbers fall...#beattheflippers
ISO: Rare Mystery Minis, Retro Freddys
Over 1200 Mystery Minis and growing
Image Image

:freddy3:

AnyGivenFunko

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:25 pm

billydarector wrote:
AnyGivenFunko wrote:Looks like Venomized Mystery Minis are starting to show up.

Everyone is trying to flip Punisher for like $40-$50..a 1/12...I'll have to sit tight for a few weeks to see those numbers fall...#beattheflippers

Oh, wow. $40-50? That's insane. Yeah, definitely wait it out. It's all hype. I bought the 1/12 Rocket GameStop Exclusive for cost a month ago.
Dennis
IG: AnyGivenFunko

Funko Events: "17, "22, and "23 Fundays, "Making Fun" Hollywood Premiere, Irvine Spectrum PEZ event, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FDO8, FDO9, FunKon Hollywood, "22 & "23 Mask-O-raid, Fright Night II, Bob's Big Boy

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Wed May 13, 2020 6:50 pm

Scored a full case at Walmart today and it was an X 23 case. :)

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Thu May 14, 2020 9:37 am

RobinBear177 wrote:Scored a full case at Walmart today and it was an X 23 case. :)

Huge congrats!!
Hi, I’m Steph.

InternationalPopper

Postby InternationalPopper » Thu May 14, 2020 10:16 am

RobinBear177 wrote:Scored a full case at Walmart today and it was an X 23 case. :)

Awesome, congrats :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
- InternationlPopper - :freddy2:

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat May 16, 2020 12:26 am

I'm so jealous, congratulations! I keep checking my WM (significantly less often than I normally would), and no luck. Just need those 3 exclusives...! So close....and yet so very very far....!

Seriously though, congrats, that's an awesome find! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun May 17, 2020 1:16 am

Got SO lucky today!!

A WM not terribly near seemed to think they had Venom minis in stock. I tried to go Monday, but got there too late for their adjusted hours, so I went back today. In the Funko section, I only found 1 box. And of course, I don't really want to be out and about right now, so I didn't bring my scale - my plan was to just buy anything I found and deal with it at home! I even took the one over to the electronics people to ask if they'd seen any others, and of course got the usual "what's out is what we have" kind of answer. So I took the one, and brought it home.

I did weight it - based on the weight, if I was really lucky it was Captain Marvel, but in all likelihood it was Captain America. But I figured I'd take the chance - I hadn't gone all the way out there for nothing, right??

GITD Captain Marvel! Wohoo!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

2 WM minis to go to be done! Fingers crossed for future luck! Anyone had any luck lately with this set?
Image ImageImage Image

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Tue May 19, 2020 6:19 pm

Katers wrote:Got SO lucky today!!

A WM not terribly near seemed to think they had Venom minis in stock. I tried to go Monday, but got there too late for their adjusted hours, so I went back today. In the Funko section, I only found 1 box. And of course, I don't really want to be out and about right now, so I didn't bring my scale - my plan was to just buy anything I found and deal with it at home! I even took the one over to the electronics people to ask if they'd seen any others, and of course got the usual "what's out is what we have" kind of answer. So I took the one, and brought it home.

I did weight it - based on the weight, if I was really lucky it was Captain Marvel, but in all likelihood it was Captain America. But I figured I'd take the chance - I hadn't gone all the way out there for nothing, right??

2 WM minis to go to be done! Fingers crossed for future luck! Anyone had any luck lately with this set?

Congrats man! I found a lonely box from the Far from Home set and took a gamble as well. Turned out to be the the 1/72 Spider-Man exclusive to Walmart. Such a great feeling.

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed May 20, 2020 12:45 am

Kal-El-051 wrote:
Katers wrote:Got SO lucky today!!

Congrats man! I found a lonely box from the Far from Home set and took a gamble as well. Turned out to be the the 1/72 Spider-Man exclusive to Walmart. Such a great feeling.

So jealous, that's a great find!! Congrats!!

Hoping my luck holds - a friend managed to snag 9 boxes for me out of state, 3 missing. Hoping to still get lucky with those 9, but we'll see when he ships them to me! Hoping I open the good ones first and can take the rest back! I'll keep you all updated about what I find!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:21 am

There's still hope!! A WM near-ish to me showed stock online, with a pick-up in store option. I ordered 12, fully expecting them to be cancelled this morning while I was waiting at Target. Lo and behold though - order confirmed, come in and pick up!!!

So off I go to near-ish, and yep - 12 minis waiting for me! Take them home, weight them (hoping to not have to open everything) - and SCORE! Think it was a mixed case, since some of the ratios don't add up, and I opened 2 I didn't need to (Spidey & Iron Man), but I still call it a win because I am DONE!

Pic below is today's victory, I'll get a set pic later.

Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:42 am

That punisher one looks pretty nice.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:45 pm

Katers wrote:There's still hope!! A WM near-ish to me showed stock online, with a pick-up in store option. I ordered 12, fully expecting them to be cancelled this morning while I was waiting at Target. Lo and behold though - order confirmed, come in and pick up!!!

So off I go to near-ish, and yep - 12 minis waiting for me! Take them home, weight them (hoping to not have to open everything) - and SCORE! Think it was a mixed case, since some of the ratios don't add up, and I opened 2 I didn't need to (Spidey & Iron Man), but I still call it a win because I am DONE!

Huge congrats!
Hi, I’m Steph.

InternationalPopper

Postby InternationalPopper » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:23 pm

Katers wrote:There's still hope!! A WM near-ish to me showed stock online, with a pick-up in store option. I ordered 12, fully expecting them to be cancelled this morning while I was waiting at Target. Lo and behold though - order confirmed, come in and pick up!!!

Congrats finishing what you needed :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
- InternationlPopper - :freddy2:

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:31 am

digithor wrote:That punisher one looks pretty nice.

He does, but I'm also kinda laughing at him - to me, he doesn't look all that venomized! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:32 am

TheStephil wrote:

Spoiler: show
/quote]

Huge congrats!

Thanks! Such a good feeling to finish a set! The stalking of websites I did to get here...! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:42 am

InternationalPopper wrote:

Spoiler: show

Congrats finishing what you needed :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Thank you! Still riding the high of today!! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:17 am

Katers wrote:

He does, but I'm also kinda laughing at him - to me, he doesn't look all that venomized! lol

Exactly, he is a lot more toned down than the rest.
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:00 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

Right? After I saw Groot, I really thought the whole series would be Go Big or Go Home! And yet here's Punisher just strolling along relatively normal!
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:34 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

Right? After I saw Groot, I really thought the whole series would be Go Big or Go Home! And yet here's Punisher just strolling along relatively normal!

For the characters in that series, I don't think punisher would have been my first guess for a toned down version. :)
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:00 am

lol
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

For the characters in that series, I don't think punisher would have been my first guess for a toned down version. :)

I was looking him over, and I hadn't noticed before the change to his gun. That being said, I thought it would be more extreme! Still happy with the series though - more so than I thought I would be!
Image ImageImage Image

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:48 am

Katers wrote:lol
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

I was looking him over, and I hadn't noticed before the change to his gun. That being said, I thought it would be more extreme! Still happy with the series though - more so than I thought I would be!

He is pretty tame compared to the others I agree. Thanos may the most tame of the bunch in my opinion.

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:19 am

Kal-El-051 wrote:
Katers wrote:lol
digithor wrote:

He is pretty tame compared to the others I agree. Thanos may the most tame of the bunch in my opinion.

Yeah, he's pretty much himself. Love the GITD though - it's official. I'm just an absolute sucker for GITD!
Image ImageImage Image

Return to “Blind Bags”