Which Freddy Funko As POP! would you like to see?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Re: Which Freddy Funko As POP! would you like to see?

Postby SpaceDude » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:16 pm

Tusken wrote:
FireFist wrote:Freddy Funko as Bruce Lee

Now that would be pretty cool. :freddy3:

This would be super cool!
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Facebook: Tate McCarty
Colorado Funatic

TonyFunkoFreakHead

Postby TonyFunkoFreakHead » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:48 pm

mongoose12 wrote:
renardchua wrote:
SpaceDude wrote:
wow I need to not get on here when I first wake up I totally spaced that we did lol lol lol

Yep, go grab Freddy as Pennywise already, buddy.

But be careful though, Freddywise has tons of fakes everywhere.

i've always found it wild that ppl would fake a freddy that is le4000 :freddy2: ](*,)

After seeing all the fakes I sold mine (from Funko fun box) since I thought the value of all the fakes would bring it down, kicking myself in the butt now I guess.

FunkoRAMA

Postby FunkoRAMA » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:59 pm

Hoping for a Thanos, Captain America (Holding Mjolnir), or Iron Man with Infinity Gauntlet Freddy since Endgame came out last year. Maybe another Star Wars based Freddy, like a Emperor Palpatine Freddy or Mandalorian Freddy, who knows maybe even a Baby Yoda Freddy lol

ImranC23

Postby ImranC23 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:15 pm

Hope we get a mando Freddy or Freddy as Spider-Man. I feel like spidey has been a long time coming.
ImageImage

Funatic of the Week: March 8th 2019
Instagram:shelfofimran
ISO:Black Cat Prototype, Freddy Funko Boba Fett, Freddy Funko as Venom

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:26 am

ImranC23 wrote:Hope we get a mando Freddy or Freddy as Spider-Man. I feel like spidey has been a long time coming.

A spider Freddy would be great! =D> =D> =D>
2020 Rookie of the Year
Colorado Funatic

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:57 am

FunkoRAMA wrote:Hoping for a Thanos, Captain America (Holding Mjolnir), or Iron Man with Infinity Gauntlet Freddy since Endgame came out last year. Maybe another Star Wars based Freddy, like a Emperor Palpatine Freddy or Mandalorian Freddy, who knows maybe even a Baby Yoda Freddy lol

Some more star wars ones would be just fine with me. :)
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:32 am

TonyFunkoFreakHead wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:
renardchua wrote:
Yep, go grab Freddy as Pennywise already, buddy.

But be careful though, Freddywise has tons of fakes everywhere.

i've always found it wild that ppl would fake a freddy that is le4000 :freddy2: ](*,)

After seeing all the fakes I sold mine (from Funko fun box) since I thought the value of all the fakes would bring it down, kicking myself in the butt now I guess.

Always tough to gauge the long term values....I’ve made a few mistakes alongside the way....turned down a fat man for bank robber Joker a few years ago.

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:54 am

zaghawk wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:
zaghawk wrote:Well since we tend to see these licenses these are my hopefuls

Marvel - Captain America or The Incredible Hulk
DC - Dr Freeze or Flash
Disney - Maui
Ad Icon - Pillsbury Doughboy
Star Wars - Vader
Random - Basketball Player
Games - Mortal Kombat Subzero
80s - Marty McFly
WWE - The Fiend

i wanted to post that i liked one or 2 of your ideas, but i kept on reading the list and its pretty much 100% beautiful lol

lol thanks. I mean there's definitely somewhat of a pattern in generaly it's going to be Freddy head on a body that already exists, if we get any kind of deviation it's going to be a painted face only. And once in a while if we get a completely new mold, it's pretty much license free (Flux, Idol Freddy) and will be with the theme of Fundays which obviously I don't know.

We are usually going to get one of each major license above. They're not going to remake a Freddy that's already been done in POP form. I think the closest I've seen was the most recent Freddy Surfer Joker and Batman, but regardless keep the hope of a re-made Freddy Tony Stark or Buzz Lightyear is probably less likely to happen. I also noticed they usually try to use bodies for a POP that was made within the last 12 months. My guess being when they make the initial run for the production pops it's that much easier for the factory to pump out an extra 24-1000 bodies and hold onto it for Freddy run vs re-setup the body mold for a single 24-1000 piece single run. I think folks tend to not think about is that for a toy factory the set up time for a mold whether you make 24 pieces or 50,000 pieces is going to be the same (or similar). So I'm guessing the sunk cost of set for finding and using the body mold for an older production pop from years ago is something generally avoided.

Thinking about it further, I'm guessing if we get a darkside SW Freddy this year maybe it's not Vader, but perhaps the new mold Darth Maul. I can see that being a pretty big favorite especially because Freddy with his face painted like Maul obviously would look awesome.

i've previously said that a maul freddy would instantly become a top 3 freddy of all time...now if we saw an LE24 holo version, things could get pretty crazy lol #-o

TonyFunkoFreakHead

Postby TonyFunkoFreakHead » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:26 am

Dbactor wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

Always tough to gauge the long term values....I’ve made a few mistakes alongside the way....turned down a fat man for bank robber Joker a few years ago.

Ah man, just as you say tho, tough to gauge long term value....i guess that is why I enjoy collecting pops, fun to have a figure that blows up...part of the game. happy collecting friend!

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:54 am

Freddy as Tupac! LOL

zaghawk
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby zaghawk » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:25 pm

mongoose12 wrote:
zaghawk wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:
i wanted to post that i liked one or 2 of your ideas, but i kept on reading the list and its pretty much 100% beautiful lol

lol thanks. I mean there's definitely somewhat of a pattern in generaly it's going to be Freddy head on a body that already exists, if we get any kind of deviation it's going to be a painted face only. And once in a while if we get a completely new mold, it's pretty much license free (Flux, Idol Freddy) and will be with the theme of Fundays which obviously I don't know.

We are usually going to get one of each major license above. They're not going to remake a Freddy that's already been done in POP form. I think the closest I've seen was the most recent Freddy Surfer Joker and Batman, but regardless keep the hope of a re-made Freddy Tony Stark or Buzz Lightyear is probably less likely to happen. I also noticed they usually try to use bodies for a POP that was made within the last 12 months. My guess being when they make the initial run for the production pops it's that much easier for the factory to pump out an extra 24-1000 bodies and hold onto it for Freddy run vs re-setup the body mold for a single 24-1000 piece single run. I think folks tend to not think about is that for a toy factory the set up time for a mold whether you make 24 pieces or 50,000 pieces is going to be the same (or similar). So I'm guessing the sunk cost of set for finding and using the body mold for an older production pop from years ago is something generally avoided.

Thinking about it further, I'm guessing if we get a darkside SW Freddy this year maybe it's not Vader, but perhaps the new mold Darth Maul. I can see that being a pretty big favorite especially because Freddy with his face painted like Maul obviously would look awesome.

i've previously said that a maul freddy would instantly become a top 3 freddy of all time...now if we saw an LE24 holo version, things could get pretty crazy lol #-o

I would personally prefer it if large license and/or popular character Freddys were never on the 1/24 list. I feel like 1/24 is already something that would get enough people to sky rocket a price on something even if it was literally "Freddy as Rebecca Black" but then you combine something like a major license and popular cult character like Venom and it's congratulations you better have $4,000 disposable income or just be lucky it was in your box.
Gavin

FunKlub # 14297

zaghawk
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby zaghawk » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:28 pm

Dbactor wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

You wanna go there, I turned down Bank Robber joker a few years ago for $2 from Barnes and Noble clearance. I can't tell you how many B&N $2 clearance pops I remember are now $30-$300 each.
Gavin

FunKlub # 14297

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:14 pm

FunkoRAMA wrote:Hoping for a Thanos, Captain America (Holding Mjolnir), or Iron Man with Infinity Gauntlet Freddy since Endgame came out last year. Maybe another Star Wars based Freddy, like a Emperor Palpatine Freddy or Mandalorian Freddy, who knows maybe even a Baby Yoda Freddy lol

A Captain America Freddy would be AWESOME! :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

TonyFunkoFreakHead

Postby TonyFunkoFreakHead » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:27 pm

zaghawk wrote:
Dbactor wrote:

You wanna go there, I turned down Bank Robber joker a few years ago for $2 from Barnes and Noble clearance. I can't tell you how many B&N $2 clearance pops I remember are now $30-$300 each.

lol iyiyiyiyiy

zaghawk
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby zaghawk » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:30 pm

Tusken wrote:

A Captain America Freddy would be AWESOME! :freddy3:

Given that Tony Stark was made before, I think we have a higher chance of a captain america and people would love it (although don't get me wrong Freddy in I.Am.Ironman pose would be amazing. As for The Child Freddy, Yoda was made really recently, which makes me think it's less-likely. For SW Freddys going backwards last year was C-3PO, Yoda (2018), Poe (17), Kylo (16), I don't think we got one in 2015, Boba Fett (2014). If the trend continues, we are certainly due for a dark side SW Freddy. I do want it to be Maul or Palpatine like you said purely because I love Freddys that get more than a hair color change.
Gavin

FunKlub # 14297

zaghawk
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby zaghawk » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:32 pm

zaghawk wrote:
Dbactor wrote:Always tough to gauge the long term values....I’ve made a few mistakes alongside the way....turned down a fat man for bank robber Joker a few years ago.

lol iyiyiyiyiy

When I think about it, maybe I should just buy all the $2 Barnes and Noble Clearance Pops moving forward lol. The boxes are usually in terrible shape, but there isn't much to lose on a $2 POP if you're playing the waiting game. Worst case i put it out at halloween for the kids.
Gavin

FunKlub # 14297

TonyFunkoFreakHead

Postby TonyFunkoFreakHead » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:25 pm

zaghawk wrote:
zaghawk wrote:

lol iyiyiyiyiy

When I think about it, maybe I should just buy all the $2 Barnes and Noble Clearance Pops moving forward lol. The boxes are usually in terrible shape, but there isn't much to lose on a $2 POP if you're playing the waiting game. Worst case i put it out at halloween for the kids.

lol now that is a win-win-win : )

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:49 pm

What about a Neo (Matrix) Freddy? :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Image Image Image Image

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:00 pm

Avatar Aang Freddy (normal and chase avatar state, tony montano, aku/samurai jack, darth freddy, freddy as Alan (from the Hangover.
Hi, I'm Alex. I started collecting Funko in 2016, and love Wacky Wobblers, Hikari, Pop!, and Spastik Plastik! I love superheroes, basketball, collecting, drawing, and having fun. I also love attending conventions like E3, LACC, and DesignerCon.

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:01 pm

Avatar Aang Freddy (normal and chase avatar state, tony montano, aku/samurai jack, darth freddy, freddy as Alan (from the Hangover.
Hi, I'm Alex. I started collecting Funko in 2016, and love Wacky Wobblers, Hikari, Pop!, and Spastik Plastik! I love superheroes, basketball, collecting, drawing, and having fun. I also love attending conventions like E3, LACC, and DesignerCon.

dee001

Postby dee001 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:54 pm

Please please please Freddy Tuxedo Mask!!!
*~*Diana*~* :pooh:

Chowpope

Postby Chowpope » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:54 pm

freddy as all might

jyc123

Postby jyc123 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:58 pm

Freddy as Mando, please!
Follow me on IG: @funko_collectorz \:D/
Link is https://www.instagram.com/funko_collectorz/?hl=en

I have over 500 pops, someone help!

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:07 am

jyc123 wrote:Freddy as Mando, please!

That would be a hot favorite for a lot of people.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:26 am

Dbactor wrote:

Ah man, just as you say tho, tough to gauge long term value....i guess that is why I enjoy collecting pops, fun to have a figure that blows up...part of the game. happy collecting friend!

Happy hunting!

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:27 am

zaghawk wrote:
Dbactor wrote:

That is some reeeeeal heartbreak lol

codytranum

Postby codytranum » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:08 am

Now that American psycho pops are out.... Freddy as Patrick Bateman? lol

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:43 am

Good choice! :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Image Image Image Image

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:10 pm

codytranum wrote:Now that American psycho pops are out.... Freddy as Patrick Bateman? lol

not really a fan of the movie, but the Horror Freddys are always the coolest so i approve :thumbsup:

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:38 am

Sonic77 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:
see how masks are the new norm, this would be appropriate for today :-k

It’d be extremely raw to see Freddy as Bane and if I had preference it’d be the dark knight Bane

Would be totally down for a Freddy as Bane Pop, definitely on the Dark Knight style. Would also be cool to do a first responder series of Freddy with everything going on now.

That’s an awesome idea. =D>
Image Image
ImageImage

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:50 am

A michael jordan freddy would be cool...maybe even using the jumpman mold.

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:44 am

mongoose12 wrote:A michael jordan freddy would be cool...maybe even using the jumpman mold.

Great idea! I think that would be pretty cool to see. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Image Image Image Image

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:46 pm

Tusken wrote:

I agree great choice! This would be crazy especially with all the Mandalorian hype.

Jonny0boy

Postby Jonny0boy » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:22 pm

My top 3 Freddy

Freddy as Dwight

Freddy as Nightcrawler

Freddy as what ever he is in Myth line
i'm Jon and I am Hard of hearing
Been collecting since my first con at ECCC 2017
Funko Pops- 1,275

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:55 pm

mongoose12 wrote:A michael jordan freddy would be cool...maybe even using the jumpman mold.

This would be very cool!! The jumpman one would be awesome!!
2020 Rookie of the Year
Colorado Funatic

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:56 pm

Tusken wrote:

Yes!! Would love that!!
2020 Rookie of the Year
Colorado Funatic

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:50 pm

codytranum wrote:Now that American psycho pops are out.... Freddy as Patrick Bateman? lol

Oh man, this would be really awesome. With the plastic coat and blood splatter. I'm in!

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

Niteowl_1

Postby Niteowl_1 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:47 pm

Bigfoot freddy would be cool
Iso: freddy funko as doc brown regular and glow, back to the future protos,mirio hero costume (lemillion)proto, killua proto, one piece and demon slayer protos
Image Image Image Image Image Image

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:12 am

Niteowl_1 wrote:Bigfoot freddy would be cool

i've always thought a bigfoot freddy would be a cool way to pay homage to the pacific nw...plus i just think it would look freaking awesome lol :freddy1:

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:10 pm

What about Freddy as a Germlin or Robocop? :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Pop!”