Never Produced/Mega Ultra Rare Wacky Wobblers

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).
AleX-Men

Never Produced/Mega Ultra Rare Wacky Wobblers

Postby AleX-Men » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:30 am

I know a thread like this has been started before, but does anyone know any ultra rare (less than or about 24 pieces) or never released to the public wobblers? I am trying to find out about hard to find wobblers that you may not find on the pop price guide or Funko app. I am excluding prototypes as there is a prototype for just about every wobbler. Here are the ones I am aware of based of other peoples posts and notifications (note: I don't have complete data on every wobbler so forgive me if there are slight flaws in these statements):

Metallic Cthulhu- limited to 12 pieces, they are hand signed (with each respective number) on the bottom of the box by Brian Mariotti

Clockwork Orange Alex Delarge- Was a planned release until a licensing dispute came about. There is a normal and gitd version.

Captain Chuck Gold- There were two Chuck's Comics wacky wobblers that are more known than this one. The normal one of Captain Chuck (1000 pieces) and a GITD version (96) pieces. I spoke with someone on the phone from Chuck's Comics (don't remember if it was the manager, owner, or an employee) and he said there was a 1 of 1 gold Captain Chuck Wobbler that was given away at an event. I have yet to see an image of a wobbler.

Jack Scarrow- A fusion between the Captain Chuck's head and another wobbler, these figurines have three different versions.

Red glow Iron Man- An idea pitched to Brian, this Iron Man did not end up releasing because of its faulty glow. There were 12 made.

Cartman Tux and Officer- The tux version was limited to 4 pieces while the officer Cartman had more in number.

COF Freddy- Made exclusively for Mike Becker, was a spin on the older Freddy holding another Freddy SDCC exclusive wobbler. It is, as mentioned earlier, a one of one.

Orange Suit Bone Daddy- Only 2 pieces exist

Valentine's Day Betty Boop- Only 2 pieces exist

GITD Pink El Diablo- A 20 inch wobbler limited to 6 pieces

Pez Wobblers- including characters like Jason Voorhees or Green Lantern, these pez dispenser wacky wobblers may be limited to 6 or less pieces.

Chrome based SDCC Wobblers- Some SDCC/Fundays wobblers had a chrome chase variant of the already existing figurine, most of which were limited to 12 pieces; there were a few that were even more limited in number.

If there are anymore wobblers, a backstory behind the aforementioned wobblers, any information that I may have incomplete or incorrect on the wobblers, or images of the wobblers, feel free to let me know. Also, stay safe in these rough times!
Hi, I'm Alex. I started collecting Funko in 2016, and love Wacky Wobblers, Hikari, Pop!, and Spastik Plastik! I love superheroes, basketball, collecting, drawing, and having fun. I also love attending conventions like E3, LACC, and DesignerCon.

Joschik

Re: Never Produced/Mega Ultra Rare Wacky Wobblers

Postby Joschik » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:08 am

Alex, I am with PPG and would love for you to help us adding these. Just send me a message here or there.

MasterSplyntr

Postby MasterSplyntr » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:24 am

Hey Alex, fun list! The Officer Cartman you mentioned is LE 8.

A couple that come to mind for me that aren't on your list are the Green Metallic/Blue Jacket Johnny Fang (LE 8) and the Red Metallic Gold Jacket Johnny Fang (LE 12).
I be Chris

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:22 am

Freddy Clone Trooper 1/4 regular base and 1/3 chrome base.

Fun list. Thanks for making it.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:34 am

Glad I own one of these :D
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:22 pm

Great thread right here. It's like walking down thru Funko History. Learned something new today. :)
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:44 pm

Great idea. 1 of 2 Orange suit is 20 inch. Also have a 1 of 3 mini orange suit LTJ version. Both I want to someday have in my Bone Daddy collection.

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:43 am

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:Great idea. 1 of 2 Orange suit is 20 inch. Also have a 1 of 3 mini orange suit LTJ version. Both I want to someday have in my Bone Daddy collection.

isn't the gold Bone daddy a 1/6?
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage

vegasbaby98

Postby vegasbaby98 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:53 am

Here's another one:
Angelina Jolie from Maleficent movie wacky wobbler was never produced - rumor was because she didn't approve it. I have one in my collection (won from a Funko sponsored contest on here).
Rose

Funko collector since 2010
First FDO - FDO8 Baltimore

Funko items in our collection - too many to count! Favorite series - Star Wars!
ImageImage

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:41 am

vegasbaby98 wrote:Here's another one:
Angelina Jolie from Maleficent movie wacky wobbler was never produced - rumor was because she didn't approve it. I have one in my collection (won from a Funko sponsored contest on here).

Oh wow that's really cool! I love hearing those stories of actors/ actresses who dont approve their likeness. I remember that The Mummy POP was another that was never made for the same reason
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:23 pm

willy wonka wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:Great idea. 1 of 2 Orange suit is 20 inch. Also have a 1 of 3 mini orange suit LTJ version. Both I want to someday have in my Bone Daddy collection.

isn't the gold Bone daddy a 1/6?

Correct. I am talking about the mini orange suit LTJ version. Looks just like the Halloween mini orange except says Less than Jake. I believe Reverend, Carol and Josh have them. I could be wrong. As far as the gold mini I have one, Reverend, Josh, Carol and not sure on others.

Mikesawesome

Postby Mikesawesome » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:48 pm

AleX-Men wrote:I know a thread like this has been started before, but does anyone know any ultra rare (less than or about 24 pieces) or never released to the public wobblers? I am trying to find out about hard to find wobblers that you may not find on the pop price guide or Funko app. I am excluding prototypes as there is a prototype for just about every wobbler. Here are the ones I am aware of based of other peoples posts and notifications (note: I don't have complete data on every wobbler so forgive me if there are slight flaws in these statements):

Metallic Cthulhu- limited to 12 pieces, they are hand signed (with each respective number) on the bottom of the box by Brian Mariotti

Clockwork Orange Alex Delarge- Was a planned release until a licensing dispute came about. There is a normal and gitd version.

Captain Chuck Gold- There were two Chuck's Comics wacky wobblers that are more known than this one. The normal one of Captain Chuck (1000 pieces) and a GITD version (96) pieces. I spoke with someone on the phone from Chuck's Comics (don't remember if it was the manager, owner, or an employee) and he said there was a 1 of 1 gold Captain Chuck Wobbler that was given away at an event. I have yet to see an image of a wobbler.

Jack Scarrow- A fusion between the Captain Chuck's head and another wobbler, these figurines have three different versions.

Red glow Iron Man- An idea pitched to Brian, this Iron Man did not end up releasing because of its faulty glow. There were 12 made.

Cartman Tux and Officer- The tux version was limited to 4 pieces while the officer Cartman had more in number.

COF Freddy- Made exclusively for Mike Becker, was a spin on the older Freddy holding another Freddy SDCC exclusive wobbler. It is, as mentioned earlier, a one of one.

Orange Suit Bone Daddy- Only 2 pieces exist

Valentine's Day Betty Boop- Only 2 pieces exist

GITD Pink El Diablo- A 20 inch wobbler limited to 6 pieces

Pez Wobblers- including characters like Jason Voorhees or Green Lantern, these pez dispenser wacky wobblers may be limited to 6 or less pieces.

Chrome based SDCC Wobblers- Some SDCC/Fundays wobblers had a chrome chase variant of the already existing figurine, most of which were limited to 12 pieces; there were a few that were even more limited in number.

If there are anymore wobblers, a backstory behind the aforementioned wobblers, any information that I may have incomplete or incorrect on the wobblers, or images of the wobblers, feel free to let me know. Also, stay safe in these rough times!

I would add the unreleased fosters home for imaginary friends wobblers to this list, some say less then 24 of each character were produced excluding gitd bloo.
My name is Mike!

“If you ain't first, you're last” - Ricky Bobby

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:48 pm

Yeah I’ve heard. Do you own some?
Hi, I'm Alex. I started collecting Funko in 2016, and love Wacky Wobblers, Hikari, Pop!, and Spastik Plastik! I love superheroes, basketball, collecting, drawing, and having fun. I also love attending conventions like E3, LACC, and DesignerCon.

Mikesawesome

Postby Mikesawesome » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:07 am

AleX-Men wrote:Yeah I’ve heard. Do you own some?

I do actually, picture coming shortly!
My name is Mike!

“If you ain't first, you're last” - Ricky Bobby

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:22 pm

willy wonka wrote:Freddy Clone Trooper 1/4 regular base and 1/3 chrome base.

Always willing to find something rare ;-)

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:23 pm

Joschik wrote:Alex, I am with PPG and would love for you to help us adding these. Just send me a message here or there.

Sure yeah, but I’m not a hundred percent sure on each rarity. I’ll help whichever way I can.

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:23 pm

MasterSplyntr wrote:Hey Alex, fun list! The Officer Cartman you mentioned is LE 8.

A couple that come to mind for me that aren't on your list are the Green Metallic/Blue Jacket Johnny Fang (LE 8) and the Red Metallic Gold Jacket Johnny Fang (LE 12).

Thanks for letting me know!

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:28 pm

MasterSplyntr wrote:Hey Alex, fun list! The Officer Cartman you mentioned is LE 8.

Thanks for mentioning, amazing how rare some wobblers are!

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:30 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:

Oh wow that's really cool! I love hearing those stories of actors/ actresses who dont approve their likeness. I remember that The Mummy POP was another that was never made for the same reason[/quote

How man are in existence?

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:02 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:

Oh wow that's really cool! I love hearing those stories of actors/ actresses who dont approve their likeness. I remember that The Mummy POP was another that was never made for the same reason

Sweet, do you have an image?

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:04 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:

Sweet! Do u have an image of it!

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:06 pm

Joschik wrote:Alex, I am with PPG and would love for you to help us adding these. Just send me a message here or there.

Sure, I would be glad to help. However, there are people on the board with more experience who could offer more help than me. Still glad to give any info you need though!

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:29 pm

AleX-Men wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:Oh wow that's really cool! I love hearing those stories of actors/ actresses who dont approve their likeness. I remember that The Mummy POP was another that was never made for the same reason

Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:57 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:
AleX-Men wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:Oh wow that's really cool! I love hearing those stories of actors/ actresses who dont approve their likeness. I remember that The Mummy POP was another that was never made for the same reason

Must be a collector’s item

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:00 pm

Do you have a photo of it?

dustman94
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby dustman94 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:00 pm

AT LEAST 8 HUCKS I KNOW OF
1/12 GLOW IRONMAN

Alleycat
HoF 2008 & CotY
HoF 2008 & CotY

Postby Alleycat » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:27 am

AleX-Men wrote:

Craig here......

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:14 pm

Alleycat wrote:
AleX-Men wrote:

In box, out of box (is that a hand painted proto?), and all white proto. You are legend. Also, I see so many rare wobblers in box with no protector on the forum. Why does that happen?

Alleycat
HoF 2008 & CotY
HoF 2008 & CotY

Postby Alleycat » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:21 am

The one on the left I got from eBay from a seller in China or Hong Hong. A scrapper, I suppose.

Craig here......

mateo

Postby mateo » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:03 pm

off the top of my head

2 versions of glow grateful dead bears - 3 of each
12 gold mini ltj bone daddies (6 were given away in an ltj contest and funko kept 6)
12 gold tommy lipuma however only 1 has been verified real.
20 inch gold freaky tiki - 6 made
20 inch big boy - japan only 10? made
lots of pez (some had 2 versions - chrome=6 made and regular=12 made
beavis and butthead with golf clubs - achilles heel or something - not sure how many
scottie dogs - several versions - limited to 3?

chincoteague1

Postby chincoteague1 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:13 pm

This thread is a great read. Thank you.

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby BigM » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:42 pm

mateo wrote:off the top of my head

2 versions of glow grateful dead bears - 3 of each
12 gold mini ltj bone daddies (6 were given away in an ltj contest and funko kept 6)
12 gold tommy lipuma however only 1 has been verified real.
20 inch gold freaky tiki - 6 made
20 inch big boy - japan only 10? made
lots of pez (some had 2 versions - chrome=6 made and regular=12 made
beavis and butthead with golf clubs - achilles heel or something - not sure how many
scottie dogs - several versions - limited to 3?

There were only 10 of 20 inch big boy.
The Achilles Cup Beavis and Butthead and Darth Vader and Stormtrooper were le 16 each. If I can figure out how to upload pics I can get the beavis/butthead uploaded.
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:42 am

I didn't realize till recently how rare the 20 inch Big Boy is hope to track that one down someday to add to the collection! I never knew about the COF Freddy that is so awesome!!
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Facebook: Tate McCarty
Colorado Funatic

mateo

Postby mateo » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:30 am

"Naked" Smart Alex - 12 unpainted with springs. look just like prototypes

HobieWanKenobi
Hall of Fame Class of 2017
Hall of Fame Class of 2017

Postby HobieWanKenobi » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:28 am

I think you have those backwards. But I'm not 100%.

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:03 am

HobieWanKenobi wrote:

Your Right. TheJosh2010 pointed that out to me.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:52 pm

willy wonka wrote:
HobieWanKenobi wrote:

Your Right. TheJosh2010 pointed that out to me.

You're all talking about the color Freddy Clone Trooper, right? Not these guys

The white one was LE144 for regular base and LE12 for the chrome base (Fundays 8 - 2010)
Image Image
2013 Rookie of the Year - COTM May 2014

kevinbuddha
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Hall of Fame Class of 2007

Postby kevinbuddha » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:35 am

Yes Scotty, they are talking about the Freddy Clone Troopers that are owned by Jacob. I believe that they are posted in the Freddy Funko thread in the List area.
Minnesota.....where the Sleestaks & Pakuni run free!

Funko's Official Historian

FFJim
HoF 2007 & CotY
HoF 2007 & CotY

Postby FFJim » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:02 pm

You can see a lot of the rarities mentioned here in my collection shown at viewtopic.php?f=118&t=39116. Other items of interest include Gold Lipuma, Star Wars Green Siege Trooper (1 of 4), numerous PEZ (1 of 3s, 1 of 4s, etc), Meal Magic Kid crystal (13 made), and more. Also check ShoMeNodder's collection for rare pieces.

Reverend
HoF 2013 & CotY
HoF 2013 & CotY

Postby Reverend » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:20 pm

I would recommend to try to start off with a list below LE12, there is a ton of LE12 pieces. That was what the LE to rare Freddy pieces use to be before Funko blew up and went to a LE24. But cool idea to have them in one place not to mention there is stuff that the Funko app(PPG) doesn't have listed or they got it wrong. If I remember any I will try to post and I think the 20" pink El Diablo is LE8 not 6, there is come rare Johnny Fangs too the gold (LE8?) and metallic blue (LE12) plus some 1 of 1 color rejects. My opinion 1 of 1 don't count but that is just me and I own s few myself.
ISO Pop Spastik Tiki protos, ALL OF THEM!

REAL MEN DON'T KEEP SCORE!

SELL OUTS NEED TO RESTOCK SO THEY CAN SELL OUT AGAIN! :mir1:

Pot meet KETTLE

Brian@Funko wrote:GO boxless..it is more fun!

My mom named me Jacob/Unfortunately that's not all I get called
Haters going to hate so let the cry babies cry!

Return to “Wacky Wobblers”