Paka Paka Gachapon by Funko

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Katers

Re: Paka Paka Gachapon by Funko

Postby Katers » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:52 am

TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
I wish I had picked some up but I am trying to be good with my budget. I do have a box coming though.

Box will probably be easier in the long run than a random assortment from GS. At least, that's the hope, right? Plus, you have the added "I have willpower!" thing going for you right now...! \:D/

The willpower is slowly lowering. It's really hard to keep on track but only a few more days until my budget opens up a bit more.

I'm feeling like willpower is overrated at the moment! But stay strong - just a few more days! You've got this!!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:58 am

Went up to Funko Hollywood today for other things, and they had Boo Hollow out! Even though I have a lot of them on preorder, I decided to treat myself to one just to have in the interim! Happy to report that it's apparently a dragon kinda day!

His ball was calling to me - it was the second layer in the bin. Moved another ball out of the way to grab it. So glad I did! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

Imagery
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby Imagery » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:30 pm

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:Ordered my first Twisted Treats and got this guy instead... maybe he ate the treat
Spoiler: show

That's so sad, to miss out on the treat! I'll buy you a replacement treat and get rid of that evil dragon, if you want? :roflmao:
Seriously though, congrats!!

LOL he's already nested so don't think he's going anywhere. And got some replacement treats en route, but thanks for the offer ;)
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:41 pm

RobinBear177 wrote:Just ordered 18 cloud kats from gamestop :)

Great! I might have ordered 36 Boo Hollow from Gamestop.

12 was $38 with shipping and tax. 18 was $48 with free shipping and tax! $10 for 6 more?! Can't beat that with a stick.

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:54 pm

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:Ordered my first Twisted Treats and got this guy instead... maybe he ate the treat

That's so sad, to miss out on the treat! I'll buy you a replacement treat and get rid of that evil dragon, if you want? :roflmao:

LOL he's already nested so don't think he's going anywhere. And got some replacement treats en route, but thanks for the offer ;)
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:03 pm

Katers wrote:Went up to Funko Hollywood today for other things, and they had Boo Hollow out! Even though I have a lot of them on preorder, I decided to treat myself to one just to have in the interim! Happy to report that it's apparently a dragon kinda day!

His ball was calling to me - it was the second layer in the bin. Moved another ball out of the way to grab it. So glad I did! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Once again, huge congrats!
Hi, I’m Steph.

keyese

Postby keyese » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:31 pm

Katers wrote:Went up to Funko Hollywood today for other things, and they had Boo Hollow out! Even though I have a lot of them on preorder, I decided to treat myself to one just to have in the interim! Happy to report that it's apparently a dragon kinda day!

Nice get! I love his color :love10:
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Nis_chac

Postby Nis_chac » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:35 pm

kihou wrote:

That’s some good luck right there!
Violin is life :-({|=
Heading to NYCC 2022- Friday badge!
https://www.instagram.com/phunko_fotography
ImageImage

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:18 pm

Dang those Boo Hollow mini’s are calling out my name like crazy lol May have to get every one of them :bom:
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:45 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:

Totally get it! Smart dragon!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:46 am

TheStephil wrote:

Once again, huge congrats!

Thank you!! Still riding the high of my lucky pull! Can't wait for the rest of the set to come out - I will be needing so many of the trees!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:48 am

kihou wrote:

Thanks! Yeah, the color of him is going to keep him going all fall (once we get there!). Really evokes the season though, which is my favorite! Can't wait for the rest of the set!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:50 am

Nis_chac wrote:
kihou wrote:

That’s some good luck right there!

It gets better! My GS order came in today, and not only was each of my pakas unique in the order (ie, I had that Cloud Cat, but only got 1 more in this order), but it also included this:

My week is quite Dragon-tastic! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

emoagogo
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby emoagogo » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:57 am

Got my first boo hollow!! I love these so much!!! My new favorite set!!

Emo or Emilio is fine.
ISO: Pixar Protos
IG: emoagogo

CollectorBadger

Postby CollectorBadger » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:18 am

emoagogo wrote:Got my first boo hollow!! I love these so much!!! My new favorite set!!

These look so great! Can't wait for mine to start showing up!

Nick IG: collector.badger

post31

Postby post31 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:11 pm

I had to pay a visit to Funko Hollywood to get my Paka Paka fix in and you know I had to grab some boo hollows. No dragon yet but lucked out still. I bought 5 and 4 of them where chases plus 1 common. I’ll take it :bounce:
[ig]https://i.imgur.com/LRQtwSN.jpg[/ig]
SDCC 1998 - current
Fundays 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Pop Rangers, Killer Crowns, Lumberjacks
FDO8 2018 LA
FDO9 2023 SD
Making Fun premier
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Funkon 2021

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:15 am

emoagogo wrote:Got my first boo hollow!! I love these so much!!! My new favorite set!!

The more I see of other people's Boo Hollow pulls, the more I know I am going to LOVE this set! My favorite are totally the trees. I will need a gazillion trees!
Image ImageImage Image

emoagogo
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby emoagogo » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:56 pm

Katers wrote:

The more I see of other people's Boo Hollow pulls, the more I know I am going to LOVE this set! My favorite are totally the trees. I will need a gazillion trees!

You have to see them in person!!!! Once I held one in my hand it was instantly my favorite paka paka set

Emo or Emilio is fine.

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:00 am

emoagogo wrote:
Katers wrote:
Image[/Spoiler]

You have to see them in person!!!! Once I held one in my hand it was instantly my favorite paka paka set

You are so right!! My order came in today to my LCBS, and I of course rushed over to pick it up and open everything! Happy to report that I am now Boo Hollow complete (with a nice pile of extras...!) I'll have to figure out a fun way to display them tomorrow. Honestly, each one that I opened, I just loved it more than the one previous!

Now I just need to track down extras of the trees. I LOVE the trees!
Image ImageImage Image

emoagogo
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby emoagogo » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:23 am

Katers wrote:
emoagogo wrote:
Katers wrote:

You are so right!! My order came in today to my LCBS, and I of course rushed over to pick it up and open everything! Happy to report that I am now Boo Hollow complete (with a nice pile of extras...!) I'll have to figure out a fun way to display them tomorrow. Honestly, each one that I opened, I just loved it more than the one previous!

wow congrats! you gotta post a picture! did you get the whole set in one case?

Emo or Emilio is fine.

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:02 am

Katers wrote:

Happy happy tree hugger! Heh
ImageImageImageImage

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:44 am

They look so great.
I can't wait for mine to come in.
Hi, I’m Steph.

emoagogo
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby emoagogo » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:58 am

TheStephil wrote:

They look so great.

Yah I’m waiting on the rest of my order but couldn’t resist when I saw them at Funko Hollywood. You gotta see them in person!! Once I held one it was instantly my favorite!

Emo or Emilio is fine.

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:01 am

emoagogo wrote:
Katers wrote:
emoagogo wrote:You have to see them in person!!!! Once I held one in my hand it was instantly my favorite paka paka set

I did get the whole set in one case! No lie, there was a bit of sticker shock when I handed over my card, but if you stop and think how much we spend in batches trying to do the same thing, I think it was worth it. Plus, no stress this way, which is nice! Failed today on getting a run picture of anything other than the GITD cauldron, but here's that to tide you over:

Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:03 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:

Guilty as charged!! The god-kid kept asking me who my favorite is, and seemed kinda appalled that I said the trees. Just as well since I let her pick one of my extras out of the batch! She said right off "But I can't take one of the trees, I know!" lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:04 am

TheStephil wrote:

They look so great.

Any eta yet? I can't wait to see what you do for photos!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:06 am

emoagogo wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

They look so great.

Yah I’m waiting on the rest of my order but couldn’t resist when I saw them at Funko Hollywood. You gotta see them in person!! Once I held one it was instantly my favorite!

When we went to Funko Hollywood on Saturday, there were no Boo Hollow pakas to be found! Apparently we all bought them out?? But how could we not!
Image ImageImage Image

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:14 am

Katers wrote:
emoagogo wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
They look so great.

When we went to Funko Hollywood on Saturday, there were no Boo Hollow pakas to be found! Apparently we all bought them out?? But how could we not!

I went today and no Boo Hollow. :(

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:03 am

Got my order of 18 cloud cats from GameStop. Just missing two to complete the set. The dragon and starry night cat.

emoagogo
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby emoagogo » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:44 am

fbingha wrote:
Katers wrote:
emoagogo wrote:Yah I’m waiting on the rest of my order but couldn’t resist when I saw them at Funko Hollywood. You gotta see them in person!! Once I held one it was instantly my favorite!

dang they got cleaned out then. i was there on thursday

Emo or Emilio is fine.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:17 am

Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

They look so great.

Any day now. The wait is killing me.
He was expecting them to come in over the weekend but they didn't. He's closed today and tomorrow so hopefully he has them on Wednesday.
On a side note, he's expecting 18" HP at the same time so it's going to be a fun pickup.
Hi, I’m Steph.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:19 am

Katers wrote:
emoagogo wrote:
Katers wrote:

I did get the whole set in one case! No lie, there was a bit of sticker shock when I handed over my card, but if you stop and think how much we spend in batches trying to do the same thing, I think it was worth it. Plus, no stress this way, which is nice! Failed today on getting a run picture of anything other than the GITD cauldron, but here's that to tide you over:

Keep some of those extras for me lol
I am going to put my set on risers next to my tiny ghost minis. I already have a shelf ready.
Hi, I’m Steph.

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:37 pm

I was going to place another order with buy one get one at Gamestop but I forgot about it over the weekend. I'm hoping I can trade some of my dupes for the few from each series I'm missing!
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:43 am

fbingha wrote:
Katers wrote:
emoagogo wrote:Yah I’m waiting on the rest of my order but couldn’t resist when I saw them at Funko Hollywood. You gotta see them in person!! Once I held one it was instantly my favorite!

Sorry you had that disappointment! Hopefully you found plenty of other things to bring back the happy!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:45 am

RobinBear177 wrote:Got my order of 18 cloud cats from GameStop. Just missing two to complete the set. The dragon and starry night cat.

Congrats on being so close to done! I swear that starry night cat is a higher ratio than they say - I had a terrible time finding him early on! He's very pretty though, so I'm glad I did!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:46 am

emoagogo wrote:
fbingha wrote:
Katers wrote:

dang they got cleaned out then. i was there on thursday

lol so how many did you take home with you?
Image ImageImage Image

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:47 am

Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:

Guilty as charged!! The god-kid kept asking me who my favorite is, and seemed kinda appalled that I said the trees. Just as well since I let her pick one of my extras out of the batch! She said right off "But I can't take one of the trees, I know!" lol

So cute LOL
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:48 am

TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
They look so great.

Any day now. The wait is killing me.
He was expecting them to come in over the weekend but they didn't. He's closed today and tomorrow so hopefully he has them on Wednesday.
On a side note, he's expecting 18" HP at the same time so it's going to be a fun pickup.

Sounds like you've got a fun week ahead of you!! Really hoping you get lucky on the first batch and pull that dragon!

I have 2 twisted treats supposedly coming in tomorrow - the set isn't really my thing, but I figured why not go wild and try for a dragon? Assuming they aren't, hopefully I can at least help someone out with a rare one!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:50 am

TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:
emoagogo wrote:wow congrats! you gotta post a picture! did you get the whole set in one case?

Keep some of those extras for me lol
I am going to put my set on risers next to my tiny ghost minis. I already have a shelf ready.

Yep, lemme know what you need when you're ready!

That sounds like a ready made home for them! Mine will probably end up over near my Haunted Mansion minis, I feel like they'd be neighbors if nothing else!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:52 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

So cute LOL

She has her moments! She was very disappointed to not pull a dragon. I'd made her a deal - if she pulled a dragon, she got $20 worth of any paka paka line she wanted. She was CONVINCED she had 2 dragons in her paka balls. Needless to say, she did not! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Return to “Blind Bags”