What Video Games You Want To See Become Pop!s?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
lshs9903

Re: What Video Games You Want To See Become Pop!s?

Postby lshs9903 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:39 am

Eiyuden Chronicle. Its a rpg from the makers of Suikoden and is crushing kickstarter records in its last day today so maybe it'll be a hit. Really cool character designs.
b]Collecting:[/b]
Gaming, Marvel, DC

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:48 am

lshs9903 wrote:Eiyuden Chronicle. Its a rpg from the makers of Suikoden and is crushing kickstarter records in its last day today so maybe it'll be a hit. Really cool character designs.

i hadn't checked since yesterday, so nice to see it over 4 million.

lshs9903

Postby lshs9903 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:23 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
lshs9903 wrote:Eiyuden Chronicle. Its a rpg from the makers of Suikoden and is crushing kickstarter records in its last day today so maybe it'll be a hit. Really cool character designs.

i hadn't checked since yesterday, so nice to see it over 4 million.

Wound up at $4.7 million with all stretch goals hit! Maybe jrpgs have more modern fans than i thought! Love to see more of them in pop form, only one I recall is Persona 5.
b]Collecting:[/b]
Gaming, Marvel, DC

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:05 pm

lshs9903 wrote:Wound up at $4.7 million with all stretch goals hit! Maybe jrpgs have more modern fans than i thought! Love to see more of them in pop form, only one I recall is Persona 5.

i'm kind of annoyed i missed being able to add the extra $7 for the companion game, i didn't check my email till after it was already over :(

either way, thanks again for posting about the campaign. i never would've found it if you hadn't mentioned it.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:46 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:I’m legit confused on how funko has no games from a Rockstar Games as Funko products. They are arguably one of the biggest developers of all time for games . I just don’t understand it in the least bit.

Agree with this. From what I understand Rockstar is incredibly tight with their licenses but who really knows what goes on behind the scenes. I still hope someday to see red dead redemption pops

Yeah but I kinda feel like if they are able to get McDonald’s and Pokémon on board - there is no way they can’t get Rockstar on board lol. Rockstar has so many notable properties as well. I don’t think it would hurt for them to have a line of Funko pop! Especially with all of the memorable characters they have had through out the years
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:58 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:I’m legit confused on how funko has no games from a Rockstar Games as Funko products. They are arguably one of the biggest developers of all time for games . I just don’t understand it in the least bit.

Agree with this. From what I understand Rockstar is incredibly tight with their licenses but who really knows what goes on behind the scenes. I still hope someday to see red dead redemption pops

Yeah but I kinda feel like if they are able to get McDonald’s and Pokémon on board - there is no way they can’t get Rockstar on board lol. Rockstar has so many notable properties as well. I don’t think it would hurt for them to have a line of Funko pop! Especially with all of the memorable characters they have had through out the years

I do agree, I don’t know why it hasn’t happened and it would certainly benefit both parties in this instance. I’m sure it isn’t for a lack of trying on funko’s part

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:53 am

Recently replayed Telltale's TWD and I really hope they'll make Pop!s someday! It's such an underrated game.
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

lunarembrace

Postby lunarembrace » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:30 am

It's not technically a video game, but would love Ragnarok Online, the MMORPG, stuff. They do make mobile games, so I'd be happy even with that. lol.

I'm looking forward to Eiyuden Chronicles when it comes out. It sounds awesome. Just the waiting that sucks.

And why aren't there more World of Warcraft Pop!s? With the way they've come so far in making molds so much more awesome now, we need a new Sylvanas and some new characters, like Jaina.

I don't really play too many video games, I guess. Mostly into Zelda and Kingdom Hearts. I'd be scared if they started popping out Zelda, though. I'd have to limit myself, but get all the Epona stuff.
Melissa

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:56 am

lunarembrace wrote:It's not technically a video game, but would love Ragnarok Online, the MMORPG, stuff. They do make mobile games, so I'd be happy even with that. lol.

I'm looking forward to Eiyuden Chronicles when it comes out. It sounds awesome. Just the waiting that sucks.

And why aren't there more World of Warcraft Pop!s? With the way they've come so far in making molds so much more awesome now, we need a new Sylvanas and some new characters, like Jaina.

I don't really play too many video games, I guess. Mostly into Zelda and Kingdom Hearts. I'd be scared if they started popping out Zelda, though. I'd have to limit myself, but get all the Epona stuff.

I’m honestly surprised we haven’t seen anything for WoW

lunarembrace

Postby lunarembrace » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:20 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
lunarembrace wrote:It's not technically a video game, but would love Ragnarok Online, the MMORPG, stuff. They do make mobile games, so I'd be happy even with that. lol.

I feel like Blizzard doesn't care about WoW anymore, honestly. There's so few new announcements I feel like for new merchandise. It's always Overwatch. Overwatch everything. I play Heroes of the Storm, so that's the only Overwatch I'm ever exposed to. Haha.
Melissa

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:20 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:Recently replayed Telltale's TWD and I really hope they'll make Pop!s someday! It's such an underrated game.

underrated by who? lol didn't it win Game of the year and tons of other awards? but i agree, i'd love a Lee & Clem at the very least.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:14 pm

How about 8bit G.I. Joe Characters? There was a Nintendo video game. :fdo91:
Image Image
ImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:54 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:

World of Warcraft is wildly popular and has a pantheon if characters. We never know though. It seems like funko has been focusing on maybe 4/5 main line game franchises a year. It’s definitely possible for them to do a deep dive into WoW at some point
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:23 pm

I still want more Last of Us part II Pops - Abby, Lev, and Dina at least.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:57 pm

I’d like to see Silent Hill Pyramid head As a 6 inch pop
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:58 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:How about 8bit G.I. Joe Characters? There was a Nintendo video game. :fdo91:

They did 8 bit Jason Vorhees from the NES game, so why not!
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:57 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:How about 8bit G.I. Joe Characters? There was a Nintendo video game. :fdo91:

Exactly. They also did a Freddy Kruger and Batman as well.
Image Image
ImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:01 am

Some Grand Theft Auto would be dope!

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:57 am

Anything Gi Joe I'm down for. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

Rothkolion

Postby Rothkolion » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:06 pm

I would love if they did the Bubble Bobble dragons and did an 8-bi chase for each. I think that would be awesome!
HUGE Cartoon fan who has been collecting Funko since 2015. Collect everything Hanna-Barbara including Pops, Pez and Sodas. Also collect Disney, 80’s cartoons and Ad Icons!

Instagram & Twitter: @Rothkolion

Funko Wishlist: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/po ... w=wishlist

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:24 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

I totally forgot about the Batman, I really hope Funko pays more love to the NES era of the LJN studio making every movie into a game

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:25 am

Rothkolion wrote:I would love if they did the Bubble Bobble dragons and did an 8-bi chase for each. I think that would be awesome!

I’d hunt that chase down till the end of time!

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:52 am

I definitely want CONTRA!

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:40 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:Recently replayed Telltale's TWD and I really hope they'll make Pop!s someday! It's such an underrated game.

underrated by who? lol didn't it win Game of the year and tons of other awards? but i agree, i'd love a Lee & Clem at the very least.

Underrated at least in terms of discussion and merchandise, hahaha lol I feel like it doesn't get talked about as much as it should! Especially the more recent seasons.
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:48 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:Underrated at least in terms of discussion and merchandise, hahaha lol I feel like it doesn't get talked about as much as it should! Especially the more recent seasons.

true, but it was huge when it first hit. i'm still kicking myself for not getting the collectors edition that came out recently, the Lee & Clem statue looked great.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:54 pm

Tusken wrote:

Anything Gi Joe I'm down for. :freddy3:

That’s the spirit. :razz:
Image Image
ImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:10 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote: They did 8 bit Jason Vorhees from the NES game, so why not!

I totally forgot about the Batman, I really hope Funko pays more love to the NES era of the LJN studio making every movie into a game

Altered Beast had 2 pops as well but yea I agree would you.
Image Image
ImageImage

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:51 am

rexflexall wrote:I definitely want CONTRA!

Hope they have them holding the guns if it ever happens.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Blake85

Postby Blake85 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:09 am

Silent Hill would of been cool
Follow me on instagram @popwars and @gojirawars

ISO : Resident Evil Protos :
Jill Valentine , Hunter , Licker , Leon S Kennedy

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:30 am

Definitely need this
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:15 am

I'd love to see another round of minecraft pops...it's all my son plays and i know he's love more pops

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:50 am

Legend of Zelda would be epic!

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:14 am

I believe we got Contra already. They did a 2 pack and separate as well. They look pretty good. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:20 am

Blake85 wrote:Silent Hill would of been cool

I’m still hoping for the Pyramid head I mentioned before, but also those nurses would make a sick mold!

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:37 am

Altered Beasts!!

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:32 pm

rexflexall wrote:Altered Beasts!!

we got the 8-bit werewolves, but i wouldn't mind an actual set.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:03 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:

I’m still hoping for the Pyramid head I mentioned before, but also those nurses would make a sick mold!

I’m legitimately surprised that silent hill hasn’t tbeen done given the immense popularity it has in the horror genre. I’d love to see pyramid head or the nurses
PopPChulo

Rothkolion

Postby Rothkolion » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:28 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

I’m legitimately surprised that silent hill hasn’t tbeen done given the immense popularity it has in the horror genre. I’d love to see pyramid head or the nurses

I’m surprised they haven’t either. They would be a great addition.
HUGE Cartoon fan who has been collecting Funko since 2015. Collect everything Hanna-Barbara including Pops, Pez and Sodas. Also collect Disney, 80’s cartoons and Ad Icons!

Instagram & Twitter: @Rothkolion

Funko Wishlist: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/po ... w=wishlist

Zero

Postby Zero » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:42 pm

Final Fantasy
Hey I'm Chris
Fundays: 2015, 2017, 2018
Favorite Pop: Mad Hatter and Chernabog
Favorite Freddy: The 4th Doctor

Blake85

Postby Blake85 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:10 am

Rothkolion wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

I’m surprised they haven’t either. They would be a great addition.

Also Robbie the rabbit would be cool
Follow me on instagram @popwars and @gojirawars

ISO : Resident Evil Protos :
Jill Valentine , Hunter , Licker , Leon S Kennedy

Return to “Pop!”