Super Mega Disney Mystery Minis Collection (make it happen, Funko)

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
sylin

Super Mega Disney Mystery Minis Collection (make it happen, Funko)

Postby sylin » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:17 am

I was thinking, would anyone like to see a Disney minis set that has characters from every Disney animated movie represented?

It can either be one huge collection, or split into several smaller ones (with a series 1, series 2, etc). I know it'd probably be a hassle for completionists but imagine getting minis for more obscure characters from movies like Black Cauldron, Treasure Planet, Bolt, Fox and the Hound, etc. Maybe newer versions of older characters who had minis in the past.

This might be an interesting idea for something like a Disney anniversary of some kind.

Several years ago, in 2002, McDonalds had a Happy Meal with a similar concept called "100 Years of Magic" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD24o6lErGk).

:cheers:

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Re: Super Mega Disney Mystery Minis Collection (make it happen, Funko)

Postby willy wonka » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:53 am

Wasn't this the case for the Disney Mystery minis? I remember the first/second series being from a bunch from animated movies, Cartoons.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

sylin

Postby sylin » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:56 am

willy wonka wrote:Wasn't this the case for the Disney Mystery minis? I remember the first/second series being from a bunch from animated movies, Cartoons.

Sort of, but I am talking about doing a bigger collection, maybe focused on animated movies but I would not mind seeing animated shows and whatnot included either.

SpastikGrl

Postby SpastikGrl » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:03 pm

Actually I could see Fox and the Hound as a super cute set!! Yes. I think its a great idea.

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:51 pm

I like the idea, but when you say “every” Disney animated movie, you’re right the collection of characters would be huge. I wouldn’t mind it at all, but I can’t see it happening. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:06 am

I think staying with certain sets, like just Saturday morning cartoons or classic Disney movies or newer Disney movies, is smarter as people who buy them would like all or most of the characters, with huge numbers of characters it is off putting to get a character you don't know or like, look at how bad the first few anime sets were, I only knew or liked a few characters and it prevented me from buying a ton since I didn't want to end up with a ton I didn't like and wouldn't be able to sell, another issue is the ratios, what would they be?

Rothkolion

Postby Rothkolion » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:37 pm

If they did it in a series, it would be fun, but would be annoying if you got characters you did not know/like. The LEGO mystery mini-figures do well and would be a solid template to follow.
HUGE Cartoon fan who has been collecting Funko since 2015. Collect everything Hanna-Barbara including Pops, Pez and Sodas. Also collect Disney, 80’s cartoons and Ad Icons!

Instagram & Twitter: @Rothkolion

Funko Wishlist: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/po ... w=wishlist

sylin

Postby sylin » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:02 am

Rothkolion wrote:If they did it in a series, it would be fun, but would be annoying if you got characters you did not know/like. The LEGO mystery mini-figures do well and would be a solid template to follow.

Sure, something like that might work. ;-)

Return to “Blind Bags”