Office Mystery Minis

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Dsho333

Re: Office Mystery Minis

Postby Dsho333 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:43 pm

neilmc2001 wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:
neilmc2001 wrote:Do we know the ratios yet ?

They are supposed to come out in October sometime so I'm assuming beginning of October we could see ratios, seems like Funko isn't announcing them ahead of time anymore, just when someone gets a box and posts it online

Ok thanks! I’m guessing some are going to be real hard to find

Walmart exclusives will be the hardest to get

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:00 am

Has anyone been able to pre-order these from Gamestop? I am being told I can't pre-order a case to a store and I'm worried that ordering 12 to be shipped home via the website will result in 12 random boxes instead of a sealed case. I was hoping to complete this set so I could sell off all of my Office pops, but now I'm not so sure. Probably a good thing since I've never seen a mystery mini at a Walmart, so I was going to have to hit the secondary market for those, which I assume will be ridiculously priced if they have ratios above 1/12. I will probably still check stores around the end of the month, but we'll see if I find an untouched case anywhere (or get good info from everyone on here about layouts, as I don't think weights will be much help).

On a side note, can the two threads on this topic be merged somehow?

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:38 am

buried_by_pops wrote:Has anyone been able to pre-order these from Gamestop? I am being told I can't pre-order a case to a store and I'm worried that ordering 12 to be shipped home via the website will result in 12 random boxes instead of a sealed case. I was hoping to complete this set so I could sell off all of my Office pops, but now I'm not so sure. Probably a good thing since I've never seen a mystery mini at a Walmart, so I was going to have to hit the secondary market for those, which I assume will be ridiculously priced if they have ratios above 1/12. I will probably still check stores around the end of the month, but we'll see if I find an untouched case anywhere (or get good info from everyone on here about layouts, as I don't think weights will be much help).

You can order a sealed case from Poppin Off Toys still. Walmart's are definitely going to be hard to find. I feel like the layouts are also going to be weird as there are only 10 in the base set.

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:40 am

buried_by_pops wrote:Has anyone been able to pre-order these from Gamestop? I am being told I can't pre-order a case to a store and I'm worried that ordering 12 to be shipped home via the website will result in 12 random boxes instead of a sealed case. I was hoping to complete this set so I could sell off all of my Office pops, but now I'm not so sure. Probably a good thing since I've never seen a mystery mini at a Walmart, so I was going to have to hit the secondary market for those, which I assume will be ridiculously priced if they have ratios above 1/12. I will probably still check stores around the end of the month, but we'll see if I find an untouched case anywhere (or get good info from everyone on here about layouts, as I don't think weights will be much help).

You can order a sealed case from Poppin Off Toys still. Walmart's are definitely going to be hard to find. I feel like the layouts are also going to be weird as there are only 10 in the base set.

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:02 pm

Thanks Dsho, but I am really hesitant to order from the secondary retailers since it seems like they are the last to get anything from Funko these days. Toilet Ninjas were available on Funko's website for months before ToyWiz were able to send mine to me and I placed my first PopNBeards order 8 months ago without seeing a single shipment from them and am starting to worry that they are just a scam.

For something like Mystery Minis, where there is no point in wild hunting after the first week, I don't think that approach would work for me. The only exception might be if I bite the bullet and buy Walmart cases from Popcultcha. They are pretty good at sending you the right mix of cases (A, B, and C) if you do that. It will all depend on the ratios and the prices I am seeing on eBay for those exclusives.

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:10 pm

I'm actually even more concerned now that I went and looked at the Popcultcha website. For now, they are only selling the exclusives as single boxes, not display cases, and each one is over $9 a piece. Also, according to the images they are showing, the exclusive Dwights and Jims do not replace the common ones, which is what I was kind of hoping. My current worry is that the main four basic characters (Michael, Dwight, Jim, and Pam) will be 1/6 at best, with the possibility of two of them (I would guess Michael and Dwight) even being 1/4. If they are all 1/6, that only leaves four slots per case (common and exclusive) that could hold anything anyone might actually want. I guess right now I am hoping the other characters (Kelly, Stanley, Darrel, Oscar, Kevin, and Toby) will be mostly 1/12 and out of the special Jim and Dwights, only one of them will be 1/72.

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:39 pm

buried_by_pops wrote:Thanks Dsho, but I am really hesitant to order from the secondary retailers since it seems like they are the last to get anything from Funko these days. Toilet Ninjas were available on Funko's website for months before ToyWiz were able to send mine to me and I placed my first PopNBeards order 8 months ago without seeing a single shipment from them and am starting to worry that they are just a scam.

For something like Mystery Minis, where there is no point in wild hunting after the first week, I don't think that approach would work for me. The only exception might be if I bite the bullet and buy Walmart cases from Popcultcha. They are pretty good at sending you the right mix of cases (A, B, and C) if you do that. It will all depend on the ratios and the prices I am seeing on eBay for those exclusives.

Poppin off toys is legit, it might be slightly after main retailers but I've also gotten stuff before stores in my area. Good luck in your hunt!

Return to “Blind Bags”