Missing Disney has made me realize how many great Disney pops haven’t been made

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
rexflexall

Re: Missing Disney has made me realize how many great Disney pops haven’t been made

Postby rexflexall » Thu May 21, 2020 10:41 am

I still want some of the older ones!

Measured Mayhem

Re: Missing Disney has made me realize how many great Disney pops haven’t been made

Postby Measured Mayhem » Thu May 21, 2020 11:01 am

I'd love to see them do the disneyland cats that run around there lol.
Remember, remember, the fifth of November

InternationalPopper

Postby InternationalPopper » Thu May 21, 2020 11:25 am

Battastic wrote:We will ALWAYS need more Disney! lol
Sword in the Stone, Fox & the Hound, more Robin Hood, more Jungle Book, more Roger Rabbit, definitely more classic Disney.
Disney moments would be great to see: Arthur pulling the sword, Roger & Eddie about to crash with Benny, 101 Dalmatians crossing the street in front of Cruella, etc

I do not collect Marvel or SW but I really like the Amazon exclusive build-a-scenes they are doing.
Maybe Funko can do a few Disney ones: Jungle Book dance scene from King Louis' palace, the archery contest in Robin Hood, the end scene from 101 Dalmatians with everyone in the living room, Battle of the Bugs in Wreck-it Ralph, Presenting Simba from the Lion King, etc

I love the Build-a-Scene concept, A+ :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
- InternationlPopper - :freddy2:

TheLastAnimator

Postby TheLastAnimator » Thu May 21, 2020 7:15 pm

We need Country Bear Jamboree!!With flocked variants!
:freddy3:

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu May 21, 2020 11:03 pm

Ginzo1622 wrote:
digithor wrote:
Nooklin wrote:Skeleton Dance and Big Bad Wolf from the early stuff

Skeleton dance, nice idea you have there. What a classic that is, wouldn't mind adding that.

Big Bad Wolf .... Hopefully not too cute

I don't think it would be, it is Disney but I think they would still have it more on the mean looking side.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Gonzo206

Postby Gonzo206 » Fri May 22, 2020 12:15 am

POPFan4life wrote:I also forgot I would luv it if they made a POP of Don karnage & Molly from tale Spin.

Oh yeah, I love Tale Spin!

Instagram: whatthefunk206

grumpysf23

Postby grumpysf23 » Fri May 22, 2020 12:38 am

More Disney Parks Dumbo ride, It's a Small World, People Mover, Peter Pan, and the castle. Just so many.

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Fri May 22, 2020 11:20 pm

TheLastAnimator wrote:We need Country Bear Jamboree!!With flocked variants!

That's nostalgic for me! I'd love to see those!! Maybe as a con release since they a whole line may not be too popular
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Fri May 22, 2020 11:22 pm

I wanna see Toontown Online POPs but I know that is unlikely since they pulled the plug on it and now fan sites are keeping it going. Same with Club penguin.
Chicken Little was also a big favorite of mine as a kid! I'd buy ALL of those POPs!
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

Nooklin

Postby Nooklin » Tue May 26, 2020 5:05 pm

The Castles. Like the Pop Town pieces they have for NBC, Beetleguise, etc.

InternationalPopper

Postby InternationalPopper » Tue May 26, 2020 11:22 pm

YES, YES, YES =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

InternationalPopper

Postby InternationalPopper » Tue May 26, 2020 11:23 pm

Disney World just announced reopening plan they are submitting :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Wed May 27, 2020 1:50 am

I am surprised we haven’t finished the Winnie The Pooh set, they did the mystery minis with a majority of the characters.
Just your average Muppet fan who loves Pops.
Funko Wish List: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/poppriceguide/users/muppetspot

POPFan4life

Postby POPFan4life » Fri May 29, 2020 5:15 pm

Id luv a new POP of Tigger from animated Winnie the Pooh. I couldn't get the flocked one and the original one is too much money. :(

POPFan4life

Postby POPFan4life » Fri May 29, 2020 5:17 pm

I would also Luv a Toby POP from Great Mouse Detective.

Funal Funktasy

Postby Funal Funktasy » Fri May 29, 2020 8:02 pm

MacKazoo wrote:I am surprised we haven’t finished the Winnie The Pooh set, they did the mystery minis with a majority of the characters.

To be fair, no-one would buy a Rabbit pop. That guy is a right arsehole.
Collecting since: Dec 2018
Main series: Harry Potter, Disney, MCU, LOTR, Movies
Looking to start collecting when I win the lottery: Pulp Fiction, Stan Lee MCU appearances, Haunted Mansion, The Hobbit.

Funko collection: Around 700; mostly Pops!

ISO: HP creatures 3 pack, GITD Balrog, Stonekeeper (MCU),

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Fri May 29, 2020 8:09 pm

Funal Funktasy wrote:
MacKazoo wrote:I am surprised we haven’t finished the Winnie The Pooh set, they did the mystery minis with a majority of the characters.

Fairpoint but what about characters like Christopher Robin, Owl, or Kanga?
Funko Wish List: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/poppriceguide/users/muppetspot

Funal Funktasy

Postby Funal Funktasy » Fri May 29, 2020 8:21 pm

MacKazoo wrote:
Funal Funktasy wrote:

Fairpoint but what about characters like Christopher Robin, Owl, or Kanga?

Definitely down for those guys!
Collecting since: Dec 2018
Main series: Harry Potter, Disney, MCU, LOTR, Movies
Looking to start collecting when I win the lottery: Pulp Fiction, Stan Lee MCU appearances, Haunted Mansion, The Hobbit.

Funko collection: Around 700; mostly Pops!

ISO: HP creatures 3 pack, GITD Balrog, Stonekeeper (MCU),

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Fri May 29, 2020 8:21 pm

I’m surprised we didn’t get a live action grown-up Christopher Robin with a mini Pooh when that film came out.

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:07 pm

I'm hoping that we'll get more Pop!s for The AristoCats later this year since Funko has been doing releases for older films based on anniversaries and this year will be the film's 50th. I would really love to at least Toulouse and Berlioz made. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much though since COVID has had a significant impact on Funko's releases.
Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th anniversary mermaid Ariel, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and The Oregon Duck protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:14 pm

I forgot all about the Country Bear Jamboree!
Thank you everyone for this awesome community

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:24 pm

NightmareMermaid wrote:I'm hoping that we'll get more Pop!s for The AristoCats later this year since Funko has been doing releases for older films based on anniversaries and this year will be the film's 50th. I would really love to at least Toulouse and Berlioz made. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much though since COVID has had a significant impact on Funko's releases.

Such a great film. I agree this would be nice to have.
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:26 pm

NightmareMermaid wrote:I'm hoping that we'll get more Pop!s for The AristoCats later this year since Funko has been doing releases for older films based on anniversaries and this year will be the film's 50th. I would really love to at least Toulouse and Berlioz made. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much though since COVID has had a significant impact on Funko's releases.

This is an awesome idea. I have a feeling the Disney line is going to make me absolutel broke. It just never ends especially with them doing the annviersary lines.
Collecting since 2014

professorratigan

Postby professorratigan » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:49 pm

It BLOWS MY MIND that we got (or are getting) Pops of Mad Madam Mim, The Horned King, Professor Ratigan and Yzma, and Lady Tremaine, Frollo and Shan-Yu are MIA...

Don't get me wrong, I love the aforementioned characters (see my username), but they are all unquestionably less recognizable than the latter three.

I am STILL furious the Hunchback wave was so lackluster, especially since Funko knocked Hercules and Emperor's New Groove out of the park.
Collecting since: August 24, 2014
First POP: Hannibal Lecter (#25)
Most Recent POP: Dodoria

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:52 am

There is a treasure trove of Disney pops that could potentially be released that are extraordinarily untapped. I mean if they really wanted to they could revisit any disney license at any time and there are unlimited fountains of untapped potential.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

ThePopGuy777

Postby ThePopGuy777 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:26 pm

I just want to see more Zootopia. How Funko hasn't done a single new character or variant since that first wave before the movie released is crazy to me.

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:47 pm

fantastic artist mickey pops on target site right now
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:42 pm

I think there are enough new fans to Funko that would love to see new versions of previous characters come out again.

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:26 pm

Nemesis989 wrote:I think there are enough new fans to Funko that would love to see new versions of previous characters come out again.

I would love for Funko to re-release new versions of previous Disney characters.
Collecting since 2014

Chernabog

Postby Chernabog » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:31 pm

This is a thread after my own heart, would love some rereleases of some old disney pops, I'm definitely getting the chernabog pop that just rereleased for.... reasons

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:24 pm

Chernabog wrote:This is a thread after my own heart, would love some rereleases of some old disney pops, I'm definitely getting the chernabog pop that just rereleased for.... reasons

i'm just sad there isn't a broom to go with Mickey.

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:17 am

Nemesis989 wrote:I think there are enough new fans to Funko that would love to see new versions of previous characters come out again.

Also some old fans lol
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

CaliCollectibles
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby CaliCollectibles » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:40 am

POPFan4life wrote:I also forgot I would luv it if they made a POP of Don karnage & Molly from tale Spin.

I support this! Disney afternoon for life. \:D/
Hi, I'm L.J. :spiderman: US Navy Veteran

Proto ISO: US Navy Sailor (Dress Whites), Inspector Gadget, Romeo (Romeo & Juliet).

Instagram/Twitter/YouTube: CaliCollectibles
https://www.instagram.com/calicollectibles

BrooklynJava

Postby BrooklynJava » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:07 pm

They're missing a few villains which have already been mentioned before, such as Mother Gothel (Tangled), but I remember watching some of Walt Disney's old live action shows as a kid, like Zorro and Davey Crockett. They also still need to make a Bonkers as well for their animation line.

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:14 pm

Davey Crockett would be a must for me, and I’m pretty confident they’ll make him one day
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 722 pieces as of 05/24/23
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:21 pm

Omg if they made all of these I would be screwed.... I barely can keep up with whats out lol! Awesome list....
Image Image ImageImage

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:43 pm

Chernabog wrote:This is a thread after my own heart, would love some rereleases of some old disney pops, I'm definitely getting the chernabog pop that just rereleased for.... reasons

I need that whole Fantasia set, they are awesome!
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 722 pieces as of 05/24/23
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:18 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:Davey Crockett would be a must for me, and I’m pretty confident they’ll make him one day

That would make for a cool looking design and I'm all for it.
ImageImageImageImage

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:07 am

BrooklynJava wrote:They're missing a few villains which have already been mentioned before, such as Mother Gothel (Tangled), but I remember watching some of Walt Disney's old live action shows as a kid, like Zorro and Davey Crockett. They also still need to make a Bonkers as well for their animation line.

I wonder if Disney owns the rights to Zorro...

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:25 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:

I need that whole Fantasia set, they are awesome!

Grew up with Fantasia on repeat in my house and Chernabog never failed to give me chills.
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Pop!”