Funko Soda Figures!

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
LakerSpartan117

Re: Funko Soda Figures!

Postby LakerSpartan117 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:23 am

Oh man oh man I hope I get that Boo Berry Chase! Purple is my favorite color and he looks so good! Still glad I was able to get 2 of them from todays drop. And my NYCC order finally shipped!!
ImageImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:28 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:Funko order arrived today! As usual, I have some strange luck going on! So I ordered Freddy and She-Ra for myself, and a friend also tried for them (and succeeded!) for me, so I had 2 of each. And my result...was not quite what I was hoping for, but still pretty darn awesome! :cheers: :cheers: (Also, if anyone gets an extra Freddy chase, and needs a trade....let me know!) \:D/

Nice stuff there with your sodas.

Having lots of good luck with sodas, really appreciating it! The design on these is so well done, it's a lot of fun to collect this line!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:30 am

RSVHockeyDad wrote:
Katers wrote:Funko order arrived today! As usual, I have some strange luck going on! So I ordered Freddy and She-Ra for myself, and a friend also tried for them (and succeeded!) for me, so I had 2 of each. And my result...was not quite what I was hoping for, but still pretty darn awesome! :cheers: :cheers: (Also, if anyone gets an extra Freddy chase, and needs a trade....let me know!) \:D/

Spoiler: show

That's awesome! Congrats! =D> =D> =D>

Thanks! Good luck with yours, once they arrive!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:32 am

mongoose12 wrote:

Those are still some great looking Freddy's =D>

Yeah, the design on this batch of Freddy is fabulous! They really did a great job on this one!
Image ImageImage Image

NickR2012

Postby NickR2012 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:44 am

FireEmblemZack wrote:
NickR2012 wrote:Perfect pull from Funko Hollywood! Pretty awesome for the "buy 2 per person"!

YO!!! Congrats!!!! Does the color fade into another color on the back? Or is the white "fading" just for a ghostly effect on the chase? It's so awesome!

Thanks! The back is similar to the front (purple) there's just some white fading on the sides, looks like spray paint really.
SDCC: 07-09-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-19-21-22-23
NYCC: 19-22

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:59 am

That's a boo-rific soda we got treated to today.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:59 am

NickR2012 wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:
NickR2012 wrote:Perfect pull from Funko Hollywood! Pretty awesome for the "buy 2 per person"!

YO!!! Congrats!!!! Does the color fade into another color on the back? Or is the white "fading" just for a ghostly effect on the chase? It's so awesome!

Thanks! The back is similar to the front (purple) there's just some white fading on the sides, looks like spray paint really.

WOW those look amazing! Congrats!
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Facebook: Tate McCarty
Colorado Funatic

cmasicampo

Postby cmasicampo » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:20 am

Congrats on the awesome pull! Hoping for the same kind of luck with my order.

I’m Chris
IG @CMonstercampo

ImageImage

CerealSoda

Postby CerealSoda » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:51 am

Missed the drop, so had to get Boo Berry from E-bay. Only wanted the regular anyway. Now my Monster Cereal wave will be complete !! :alien:

NickR2012

Postby NickR2012 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:10 pm

cmasicampo wrote:Congrats on the awesome pull! Hoping for the same kind of luck with my order.

Thanks! Good luck to you!

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:06 pm

=D> =D> =D> boo-tiful pulls

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:50 pm

cmasicampo wrote:Congrats on the awesome pull! Hoping for the same kind of luck with my order.

Fingers crossed here as well for the same pulls. Congrats!!

Cod3NameCornDog

Postby Cod3NameCornDog » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:02 pm

Got my 2 Boos ordered! Fingers crossed for a chase! Then I got this from a local Funatic who got picked for the NYCC lotto. I actually paid less than retail because she refused to take a $20 when I when to pick it up. She would only take a $10 since I didnt have any change. Incredibly kind, selfless woman. And to boot this was the first time I've ever met her. The people of this community are the best! Funko means family!!!!

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:19 pm

Cod3NameCornDog wrote:Got my 2 Boos ordered! Fingers crossed for a chase! Then I got this from a local Funatic who got picked for the NYCC lotto. I actually paid less than retail because she refused to take a $20 when I when to pick it up. She would only take a $10 since I didnt have any change. Incredibly kind, selfless woman. And to boot this was the first time I've ever met her. The people of this community are the best! Funko means family!!!!

EPIC!!! Congrats!!
I am very happy to see so many stories of Funatics helping each other out for NYCC. The lottery set up a good situation for people to help each other out and grab items for each other.
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:26 pm

Cod3NameCornDog wrote:Got my 2 Boos ordered! Fingers crossed for a chase! Then I got this from a local Funatic who got picked for the NYCC lotto. I actually paid less than retail because she refused to take a $20 when I when to pick it up. She would only take a $10 since I didnt have any change. Incredibly kind, selfless woman. And to boot this was the first time I've ever met her. The people of this community are the best! Funko means family!!!!

=D> =D> loved reading this

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:02 pm

Boymom4 wrote:

Are there any boo berry sodas left over at hollywood?
Hi, I'm Alex. I started collecting Funko in 2016, and love Wacky Wobblers, Hikari, Pop!, and Spastik Plastik! I love superheroes, basketball, collecting, drawing, and having fun. I also love attending conventions like E3, LACC, and DesignerCon.

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:49 pm

That's funatic fantastic. It's people that her that keep me going in this collectible society. Congrats on the chase!
I'm Greg. My son is "RSVHockeyDude". We collect Funko products together.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Funko Soda (My New Favorite): 762 different Sodas including Intl Versions
Other Funko Products (Hikari, Vynl, Wobblers, etc) = 87
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

NickR2012

Postby NickR2012 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:16 am

AleX-Men wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:

I'm not sure, I would say probably not. They didn't seem to have that much on Friday. They had a lot more Homer gitd, and they sold out by the end of the day... But I didn't go today, so I can't say for sure.

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:39 am

Congrats, what an awesome pull! And such a great story and example of why this community is amazing! Good luck with your Boos!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:49 am

NickR2012 wrote:
AleX-Men wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:

I'm not sure, I would say probably not. They didn't seem to have that much on Friday. They had a lot more Homer gitd, and they sold out by the end of the day... But I didn't go today, so I can't say for sure.

My guess would be no, but it's a guess. When I went through the line yesterday, I was approx. 104 sodas back in line (assuming everyone in front of me bought 2, and nobody added people to their group before we went in!). When they pulled my sodas, they were from the 3rd tier of the soda stack - unsure how many tiers they started with. And when I left, the line was at least as long as it was when I went in, if not longer. But you never know - so if you go, good luck!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:16 am

Quite the adventure yesterday at Funko for the Boo Berry sodas! Really debated whether we wanted to go up for this, but finally decided, kinda last minute, to go for it! Ultimately, really glad I went - got lucky and pulled a common and a chase! Love the design and colors on this set, super excited to add them to the collection!

Also had the fun of a kitten trying to run across Hollywood Blvd. where we were standing in line before the store opened! Huge thanks to the guy in line that noticed, stopped traffic and caught it! The kitten is now named Freddy and is settling in nicely at my friend's house. Definitely not what she planned to come home with from Funko! lol
Image ImageImage Image

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:36 am

Katers wrote:Quite the adventure yesterday at Funko for the Boo Berry sodas! Really debated whether we wanted to go up for this, but finally decided, kinda last minute, to go for it! Ultimately, really glad I went - got lucky and pulled a common and a chase! Love the design and colors on this set, super excited to add them to the collection!

Also had the fun of a kitten trying to run across Hollywood Blvd. where we were standing in line before the store opened! Huge thanks to the guy in line that noticed, stopped traffic and caught it! The kitten is now named Freddy and is settling in nicely at my friend's house. Definitely not what she planned to come home with from Funko! lol

Congrats on the Chase!
That's an awesome story about the kitten!
:freddy2:
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:24 am

Katers wrote:Quite the adventure yesterday at Funko for the Boo Berry sodas! Really debated whether we wanted to go up for this, but finally decided, kinda last minute, to go for it! Ultimately, really glad I went - got lucky and pulled a common and a chase! Love the design and colors on this set, super excited to add them to the collection!

Great story, congrats on the chase!

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:43 pm

Nice score! Really digging the color contrast on the chase, makes it pop nicely!
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:05 pm

RSVHockeyDad wrote:

Congrats on the Chase!
That's an awesome story about the kitten!
:freddy2:

Thanks! Second best part of the day, I think!

Yeah, Freddy the kitten is turning into a total sweetie. I think once he adjusts, he's going to be a very spoiled little cutie!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:09 pm

mongoose12 wrote:

Great story, congrats on the chase!

Thanks! Hoping I haven't used up all my luck, and still have some left for my in-transit sodas! Something tells me that a lot of us have incoming sodas at the moment, keeping my fingers crossed for everyone in here!
Image ImageImage Image

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:42 pm

Katers wrote:
NickR2012 wrote:
AleX-Men wrote:

My guess would be no, but it's a guess. When I went through the line yesterday, I was approx. 104 sodas back in line (assuming everyone in front of me bought 2, and nobody added people to their group before we went in!). When they pulled my sodas, they were from the 3rd tier of the soda stack - unsure how many tiers they started with. And when I left, the line was at least as long as it was when I went in, if not longer. But you never know - so if you go, good luck!

Alright. Thank you both for the info. It sucks how much longer the lines for Hollywood have become.
Hi, I'm Alex. I started collecting Funko in 2016, and love Wacky Wobblers, Hikari, Pop!, and Spastik Plastik! I love superheroes, basketball, collecting, drawing, and having fun. I also love attending conventions like E3, LACC, and DesignerCon.

NickR2012

Postby NickR2012 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:26 am

AleX-Men wrote:
Katers wrote:
NickR2012 wrote:

Alright. Thank you both for the info. It sucks how much longer the lines for Hollywood have become.

Yes, it's very annoying. Unless there's a new release announced (which is rarely the case), I always avoid going at opening, because professional resellers are always the first to enter to pick up chases (and anything new). So it's a total waste of time.

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:52 am

NickR2012 wrote:
AleX-Men wrote:
Katers wrote:

Yes, it's very annoying. Unless there's a new release announced (which is rarely the case), I always avoid going at opening, because professional resellers are always the first to enter to pick up chases (and anything new). So it's a total waste of time.

There's a guy that lives down there that's in my local FB group. Says he'll help people out ... then he wants to charge triple the price PLUS shipping. LOL. I don't need that kind of help ...
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197

NickR2012

Postby NickR2012 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:21 am

RSVHockeyDad wrote:
NickR2012 wrote:
AleX-Men wrote:

There's a guy that lives down there that's in my local FB group. Says he'll help people out ... then he wants to charge triple the price PLUS shipping. LOL. I don't need that kind of help ...

LOL. Indeed... Yes it's always the same 5 guys that are there everyday at 7am. That's why it's totally unnecessary to go at opening as they take everything (and proudly show it on ig). I'm a fan, not a reseller, so waiting 6hours in line everyday, no thank you!

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:34 am

Congrats on the chase, also glad to hear you helped save a kitten =D> .

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:36 am

Wow major congrats on the Freddy chase, super jealous. Love seeing that you have both Freddy Soda chases.

Cod3NameCornDog

Postby Cod3NameCornDog » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:40 pm

Thank you all for the all the kind words. I appreciate it.

Freddy Soda collection so far. Hoping to find the NYCC common for a fair price soon!!!

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:07 pm

Cod3NameCornDog wrote:Thank you all for the all the kind words. I appreciate it.

Freddy Soda collection so far. Hoping to find the NYCC common for a fair price soon!!!

Missing the NYCC common is a nice problem to have (as opposed to the chase)! =D>

Are they still handing out the Freddy Soda bags?
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:25 pm

Yeah it is, congrats. Hoping luck is on my side too when my order arrives. They look so awesome!
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:14 pm

AleX-Men wrote:
Katers wrote:
NickR2012 wrote:

It does - if I'm going, I now go either early to line up, or late to hopefully just walk in. I think between limiting how many people are in the store, and there just not being a lot of open options right now, that's why the line to get in is huge. And of course, my day off keeps coinciding with drop days, which I don't necessarily appreciate! My shopping intent last Friday was actually for the new shirts, not the soda drop! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:16 pm

RSVHockeyDad wrote:
NickR2012 wrote:
AleX-Men wrote:

Definitely not, especially when you have better options in here!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:18 pm

Sonic77 wrote:

Congrats on the chase, also glad to hear you helped save a kitten =D> .

Thanks! Definitely a day of win!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:21 pm

RSVHockeyDad wrote:
Cod3NameCornDog wrote:Thank you all for the all the kind words. I appreciate it.

Missing the NYCC common is a nice problem to have (as opposed to the chase)! =D>

Haven't seen any soda bags the last few times I visited. Guessing they are either out, or saving them for a special occasion - though if BooBerry wasn't special enough, what would be??
Image ImageImage Image

Cod3NameCornDog

Postby Cod3NameCornDog » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:03 pm

RSVHockeyDad wrote:

I'm not sure. Eva actually sent it too me a few weeks ago out of the kindness of her heart

Return to “Soda”