Funko Soda Figures!

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
Mr Yac

Re: Funko Soda Figures!

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:22 pm

the numbers on these things are still out of control though, 10,000 for Snake? 15,000 for the random marvel wrestlers? come on funko, please don't kill this line by going insane with the numbers.

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:42 pm

That Duck Dodgers is a must pick up. I'm disappointed that Sonic isn't metallic but flocked for his chase.

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:43 pm

Mr Yac wrote:the numbers on these things are still out of control though, 10,000 for Snake? 15,000 for the random marvel wrestlers? come on funko, please don't kill this line by going insane with the numbers.

Right, that Izuku has a 20k count, totally insane.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:58 pm

Sonic77 wrote:That Duck Dodgers is a must pick up. I'm disappointed that Sonic isn't metallic but flocked for his chase.

and here i was happy he was flocked and not metallic, i guess you really can't please everybody lol

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:45 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
Sonic77 wrote:That Duck Dodgers is a must pick up. I'm disappointed that Sonic isn't metallic but flocked for his chase.

and here i was happy he was flocked and not metallic, i guess you really can't please everybody lol

Lol guess not

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:56 pm

Mr Yac wrote:

Same. I mean metallic might have looked cool but I’m a way bigger fan of flocked. Especially when it makes sense for the character.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:25 pm

Katers wrote:
NCDS wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:He does have a soft spot for the ladies. Gets him in trouble a lot. (500th forum post woooooooo!!!)

Nooooo when I looked you were at 501. Though that could mean you joined the 501st legion. If you choose to reply to this you have to leave the legion and live your life in shame.

Do you get to be shame-free if you hit a multiple of 501? Shame and I parted ways awhile ago, so I'm not sure of the rules anymore! lol

I think then we get to please don't judge us by our past we have learned a new path.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:06 pm

Quick question for everyone: was everyone able to obtain the Fred Flintstone soda? Through preorders or finding it in store?
It is the the only soda from the first wave that was never fulfilled in my preorder and I never saw it on shelves either.
And on eBay there aren't as many listed as Barney, chase or common.
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:36 pm

The Duck Dodgers is probably my favorite in the release group. :cheers:
I'm Greg. My son is "RSVHockeyDude". We collect Funko products together.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Funko Soda (My New Favorite): 762 different Sodas including Intl Versions
Other Funko Products (Hikari, Vynl, Wobblers, etc) = 87
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:38 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:Quick question for everyone: was everyone able to obtain the Fred Flintstone soda? Through preorders or finding it in store?
It is the the only soda from the first wave that was never fulfilled in my preorder and I never saw it on shelves either.

Got mine from Barnes and Noble. I just saw one on eBay that wasn't totally out of control ending tomorrow if that's somewhere you buy ...
I'm Greg. My son is "RSVHockeyDude". We collect Funko products together.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Funko Soda (My New Favorite): 762 different Sodas including Intl Versions
Other Funko Products (Hikari, Vynl, Wobblers, etc) = 87
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:10 pm

RSVHockeyDad wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:Quick question for everyone: was everyone able to obtain the Fred Flintstone soda? Through preorders or finding it in store?

Got mine from Barnes and Noble. I just saw one on eBay that wasn't totally out of control ending tomorrow if that's somewhere you buy ...

Eh, I will wait and prefer to trade for it. I see on Barnes and Noble's website that the listings are still there but out of stock. Had no idea they even got any in!

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:19 pm

already selling out at EntertainmentEarth, oddly BigBad never even put Scareglow up. where else do you guys order your Soda from?

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:45 pm

Mr Yac wrote:already selling out at EntertainmentEarth, oddly BigBad never even put Scareglow up. where else do you guys order your Soda from?

I am struggling to find a place as well. My go-to is usually Beehive collectibles, but they did not get the whole wave confirmed by Funko. They have Leatherface, the 3 marvel, deku and sonic. I will keep an eye out though. ShopPOPonline is another place I have used for sodas but I have not gotten the shipment yet so I can not say if they handle sodas well. They have all except Scareglow

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:49 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:They have all except Scareglow

weird, i know he's got a bit less of an edition size, but seems odd he's not stocking in other stores.

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:20 am

Looks like I may have missed the scareglow at the moment.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:09 am

digithor wrote:Looks like I may have missed the scareglow at the moment.

well i went a little nuts and ordered 8 in the hopes of getting that dang chase, so i got you covered at least on a normal one bud :roflmao:

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:24 am

HowardTheDuck wrote:Guess I’m finally buying my first Sodas because Thanos and Sonic are both must haves. REALLY hoping to score Flocked Sonic one way or another.

hope this opens up a segway for more sonic soda...tails etc would be really fun.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:46 am

mongoose12 wrote:
hope this opens up a segway for more sonic soda...tails etc would be really fun.

how could it not? i'm betting we get more sonic and games in general in the next few waves. very excited about what's to come.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:07 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

how could it not? i'm betting we get more sonic and games in general in the next few waves. very excited about what's to come.

I hope you're right. I'd love to see Pac-Man, Dig-Dug and other characters from that same era. The cans for those would probably be really cool.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:18 pm

Hey if anyone needs preorders for the new soda wave, I was able to preorder them at GameStop in person

Charger14
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Charger14 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:49 pm

Ordered mine today, can't wait to get the Scareglow and Snake.
WOBBLER WANT LIST:
GROOVY GHOULIES - MUST HAVE
HECKLE & JECKLE
20" GALACTUS
DC SUPERHEROES

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:31 pm

i'm glad to see so many folks excited for new Soda, plenty of funko lines come and go but the Soda seem to have more buzz behind it than just about any of the others in recent memory. not to mention they seem to sell out fairly consistently online which is a good start.

Nis_chac

Postby Nis_chac » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:15 am

I really like the new Deku soda!
Violin is life :-({|=
Heading to NYCC 2022- Friday badge!
https://www.instagram.com/phunko_fotography
ImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:29 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:
NCDS wrote:

Nooooo when I looked you were at 501. Though that could mean you joined the 501st legion. If you choose to reply to this you have to leave the legion and live your life in shame.

Do you get to be shame-free if you hit a multiple of 501? Shame and I parted ways awhile ago, so I'm not sure of the rules anymore! lol

Pretty sure the rule is that there are no rules lol but then again I too have little to no shame :razz:

I think if we had any shame left, we'd have to give it up in our quest for Funko! Gotta do what we gotta do, right?

Speaking of no shame - got notification that 2 of my pre-order sodas are on their way! Hoping they make it here before the holiday next week, fingers crossed that I open something fabulous!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:38 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:
I know! Seeing Thanos right out of the gate gives me VYNL flashbacks. I like seeing that Soda looks to have some momentum behind it, so I have hope for more Marvel very soon. I don't want to see another VYNL situation where we get a few Marvel releases but never Iron Man, Cap, Thor & Spidey!

I never got into the VYNL, but that sounds incredibly frustrating! Sodas seem to be zooming right along though, and these frequent drops are spaced just enough to get a nice collection going relatively soon! I'm hoping that I'll have my first 2 Marvel sodas by my birthday in April!

Your list of who you didn't get got me thinking - for Spidey, I want the chase to be upside down somehow! Dream big! :cheers:

So many things right. First off high five for the best birthday month lol, also I think they figured out how to release new items now. The limited numbers and spaced out releases got people excited without overwhelming them....seems like at least for the foreseeable future they are here to stay. Also yes to the upside down spidey.... this is a must have.

:cheers: Party people celebrating in April!

Agreed though - the release schedule right now is FABULOUS. Except for the Virtual cons, I haven't had that sick-to-my-stomach, why-am-I-spending-so-much-in-one-click feeling for a bit, which is really nice! Of course, being lucky on the more limited drops also keeps that horrible feeling at bay! Hope they stick to this for awhile.

So while we're dreaming big of upside-down Spideys, I was thinking of what I want for the rest of your wish list. I feel like GITD Thor and Metallic Iron Man are obvious. For Cap though - I want regular Cap, and chase WWII Cap. Though I would also accept CA: WS Cap as well!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:40 am

FireEmblemZack wrote:WHOA WHOA WHOA, the FUN TV soda are getting glam shots..... and there is more!!!!!! MHA and Marvel???? And a Sonic chase!!!! Snake Plissken LE 10000, hope I can get that chase!
Spoiler: show

The Lucha Libre marvel seriously make me :roflmao: . Not quite what I was expecting while I'm over here waiting for an Iron Man soda!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:45 am

NCDS wrote:
Katers wrote:
NCDS wrote:

I think then we get to please don't judge us by our past we have learned a new path.

Wait, if we get to be shame-free, wouldn't we not care if people try to judge us for our pasts?

I'm confusing myself at this point! I need Yoda to come make sense of this. lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:48 am

Mr Yac wrote:already selling out at EntertainmentEarth, oddly BigBad never even put Scareglow up. where else do you guys order your Soda from?

I've ordered a few from Plastic Empire, and been happy with their shipping and prices. So annoying when they sell out like that - missed out on Roger Rabbit for pre-order, now I'm hoping he shows up at Hollywood!
Image ImageImage Image

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:56 am

Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:

Pretty sure the rule is that there are no rules lol but then again I too have little to no shame :razz:

I think if we had any shame left, we'd have to give it up in our quest for Funko! Gotta do what we gotta do, right?

Speaking of no shame - got notification that 2 of my pre-order sodas are on their way! Hoping they make it here before the holiday next week, fingers crossed that I open something fabulous!

Sending chase vibes \:D/
Image Image ImageImage

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:02 am

Mr Yac wrote:
digithor wrote:Looks like I may have missed the scareglow at the moment.

well i went a little nuts and ordered 8 in the hopes of getting that dang chase, so i got you covered at least on a normal one bud :roflmao:

Haha, I shouldn't laugh though cause I went searching for something of a large sized order to do also. :)
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:40 am

digithor wrote:
Haha, I shouldn't laugh though cause I went searching for something of a large sized order to do also. :)

good luck in your search ,but if you have any issues i've got you covered.

Hgmaddhatter wrote:Sending chase vibes \:D/

i'll take some of those too, this is the first set where there are chases i want more than the standard ones.

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:53 am

Katers wrote:
NCDS wrote:
Katers wrote:

Wait, if we get to be shame-free, wouldn't we not care if people try to judge us for our pasts?

I'm confusing myself at this point! I need Yoda to come make sense of this. lol

Sadly Yoda is gone so we have to wait about 100-200 years for The Chil to explain it to us
ISO Pockets Snapsie

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:48 am

Nis_chac wrote:I really like the new Deku soda!

Same feeling here. Seeing the glam really got me pumped for it, especially the glow chase :cheers:

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:01 pm

mongoose12 wrote:
Same feeling here. Seeing the glam really got me pumped for it, especially the glow chase :cheers:

i think the glow doesn't seem right, why does his hair and costume glow? i think they should've followed the pop and given him the glowing X across his face

NCDS wrote:
Sadly Yoda is gone so we have to wait about 100-200 years for The Chil to explain it to us

which is weird, if they are supposed to be so advanced why can't the little brat talk after 50 years? lol

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:32 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

i think the glow doesn't seem right, why does his hair and costume glow? i think they should've followed the pop and given him the glowing X across his face

NCDS wrote:
Sadly Yoda is gone so we have to wait about 100-200 years for The Child to explain it to us

which is weird, if they are supposed to be so advanced why can't the little brat talk after 50 years? lol

That is an excellent question, Maybe he started out as a tadpole?
ISO Pockets Snapsie

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:18 pm

NCDS wrote:
That is an excellent question, Maybe he started out as a tadpole?

that adds a whole new layer to his frog and egg eating.

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:07 am

Mr Yac wrote:
digithor wrote:

good luck in your search ,but if you have any issues i've got you covered.

Excellent thank you.
ImageImageImageImage

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:13 am

Can't wait to get a Scare Glow. Still waiting for a Bone Daddy and El Diablo.

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:58 am

Katers wrote:Your list of who you didn't get got me thinking - for Spidey, I want the chase to be upside down somehow! Dream big! :cheers:

Black suit Spidey would be a safe bet but I'd love to see a Negative Zone Spidey for the chase!
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:50 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
Katers wrote:Your list of who you didn't get got me thinking - for Spidey, I want the chase to be upside down somehow! Dream big! :cheers:

Black suit Spidey would be a safe bet but I'd love to see a Negative Zone Spidey for the chase!

A metallic spider man would also look superb.

Return to “Soda”