Paka Paka - Fruit Bats

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Trendkill24hr

Re: Paka Paka - Fruit Bats

Postby Trendkill24hr » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:12 pm

SpastikGrl wrote:I have TBH. I was thinking: FRUIT BATS???? But then I saw the pictures and these are super cute.

They are more of my lady’s thing, but it’s been fun trying to get her the whole set!
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:14 pm

Katers wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
I actual love the idea of pre-order. Its like order and forget it. Then when it does show up its like Christmas. It is awesome.

I totally relate, because I forget I ordered stuff all the time

I'm usually on top of it, but lately I'm ordering so much online that I've forgotten a few things. Of course, when I'm anxiously waiting for something (ahem....funko shop....fruit bats....!), those I CAN'T forget!

I’m starting to have the issue of preordering stuff I forgot I preordered allready! LoL
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:51 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:
Katers wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
I totally relate, because I forget I ordered stuff all the time

I'm usually on top of it, but lately I'm ordering so much online that I've forgotten a few things. Of course, when I'm anxiously waiting for something (ahem....funko shop....fruit bats....!), those I CAN'T forget!

I’m starting to have the issue of preordering stuff I forgot I preordered allready! LoL

Yeah, that's not great....!

In the meantime though....where is my funko shop fruit bat order? Why have the shipping gods forsaken me??
Image ImageImage Image

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:05 am

Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:Got my Fruit Bats dragon finally!!! Only one I wanted in that set!

Rage buy, or lucky pull? lol

Rage, always rage... LOL
ImageImageImageImage

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:06 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:Got my Fruit Bats dragon finally!!! Only one I wanted in that set!

Nice! I still need him

I rage bought like Katers mentioned! Hah
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:07 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:

Rage, always rage... LOL

Keep the rage, it is serving you well!!

Hoping I score a dragon if my order ever ships! ](*,)
Image ImageImage Image

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:22 pm

Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:

Rage, always rage... LOL

It's the only way to be sure anymore these days! But Wednesday is good be sweet!
ImageImageImageImage

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:16 pm

Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:

Rage, always rage... LOL

I’m about to rage buy one myself lol

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:07 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Rage, always rage... LOL

It's the only way to be sure anymore these days! But Wednesday is good be sweet!

Wednesday is a far off dream at the moment, but I cannot wait for it! So looking forward to it!

And then a double happy on Thursday when my Fruit bat order finally arrives on my doorstep! Next week is already looking up! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:44 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:
Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Rage, always rage... LOL

My last rage purchase has significantly dropped in price, so now I have buyers remorse! So for now I'll wait and see what my order brings me.

Go do your rage buying soon though, get it out of the way so I can be the next one, if I need it! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:13 pm

Katers wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
Katers wrote:

My last rage purchase has significantly dropped in price, so now I have buyers remorse! So for now I'll wait and see what my order brings me.

Go do your rage buying soon though, get it out of the way so I can be the next one, if I need it! lol

I’m going to wait on my case I ordered from a third party, if no dragon there...I have plenty of Paka trades to before diving into ebay. I need to make a move though, because the black soup dragon is coming now too!

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:52 pm

Katers wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
Katers wrote:

I dunno what else I need to take buy RN...
ImageImageImageImage

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:53 pm

Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:

Wednesday is a far off dream at the moment, but I cannot wait for it! So looking forward to it!

And then a double happy on Thursday when my Fruit bat order finally arrives on my doorstep! Next week is already looking up! :cheers:

Wednesday will also be the time to arrive home to my FS order as well! LOL
ImageImageImageImage

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:32 pm

I really wish the funkoshop would sell cases, even if they were at retail. Because I’d know I’d get atleast one hyper rare

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:45 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:
Katers wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

I’m going to wait on my case I ordered from a third party, if no dragon there...I have plenty of Paka trades to before diving into ebay. I need to make a move though, because the black soup dragon is coming now too!

My shipment should be here Thursday, though of course I'm hoping they get a boost from the Santa Ana winds we've been having / are going to have again! Fly upon the wind, little fruit bats! (and all my other stuff!)

re: the black Soup dragon - all yours! That line is cute, but it's not calling to me. Good luck with it!

:cheers: I just clicked over to check tracking, and now it says Tuesday! Never thought I'd be grateful for those devil winds! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:48 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

You don't need to rage buy at the moment, you got what you needed on Friday! And it'll get hand delivered on Wendnesday! lol

Of course, once Wednesday hits, who knows?? Otherwise, hold off on the rage until the Soup pakas drop! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:49 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

Wednesday will also be the time to arrive home to my FS order as well! LOL

No wind boost for you? I'm not sure I trust that Tuesday estimate, but I know I like it! Really hoping I get a good variety, fingers crossed! [-o<
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:51 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:I really wish the funkoshop would sell cases, even if they were at retail. Because I’d know I’d get atleast one hyper rare

Agreed, that would be so easy! No local Comic Dealer that can place an order for you?
Image ImageImage Image

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:09 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:I really wish the funkoshop would sell cases, even if they were at retail. Because I’d know I’d get atleast one hyper rare

That would be nice. I've gotten a case before from my local Gamestop and ordered online from other places like BBTS and EE, however I agree direct from Funko would be convenient.

AnyGivenFunko

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:35 am

My local Hot Topic had a full case. I was able to get the only one want which is the paka paka dragon using the shake test.
Dennis
IG: AnyGivenFunko

Funko Events: "17, "22, and "23 Fundays, "Making Fun" Hollywood Premiere, Irvine Spectrum PEZ event, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FDO8, FDO9, FunKon Hollywood, "22 & "23 Mask-O-raid, Fright Night II, Bob's Big Boy

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:23 pm

Katers wrote:

Agreed, that would be so easy! No local Comic Dealer that can place an order for you?

I never tried someone locally, I might check into my comic shop.

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:25 pm

Boymom4 wrote:

That would be nice. I've gotten a case before from my local Gamestop and ordered online from other places like BBTS and EE, however I agree direct from Funko would be convenient.

I actually have a case preordered through BBTS, but god knows when I’ll ever see it. LoL however they did have the best retail price.

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:28 pm

AnyGivenFunko wrote:

My local Hot Topic had a full case. I was able to get the only one want which is the paka paka dragon using the shake test.

I’m not very good at the shake test, but I bet all the dragons have the same weight if one were to use a scale. Which I can’t bring myself to do lol

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:01 am

AnyGivenFunko wrote:

Shake test?!
ImageImageImageImage

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:03 am

Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:

You don't need to rage buy at the moment, you got what you needed on Friday! And it'll get hand delivered on Wendnesday! lol

Of course, once Wednesday hits, who knows?? Otherwise, hold off on the rage until the Soup pakas drop! \:D/

Speaking of, need to order my zoup paka case!
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:33 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:
Katers wrote:

I never tried someone locally, I might check into my comic shop.

Good luck, definitely let us know how it goes!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:36 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

Absolutely need to - don't want to miss out on that!

Got a great surprise today when I got an email saying that my order was out for delivery! :cheers:

And then I opened my paka balls. So much fail.... ](*,) 3 were duplicates within the order itself, and only 4 were Bats I didn't have already have. SIGH. So many dragonfruit bats!

Not giving up yet, but a bit bummed tonight!
Image ImageImage Image

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:49 pm

I really like these paka paka. I am going to have to control myself with these or I will bein a lot of trouble. I got my fruit bats and I got the super rare one, which I like a lot.
Collecting since 2014

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:09 pm

Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:

Got a great surprise today when I got an email saying that my order was out for delivery! :cheers:

And then I opened my paka balls. So much fail.... ](*,) 3 were duplicates within the order itself, and only 4 were Bats I didn't have already have. SIGH. So many dragonfruit bats!

NoooooOOOOOO.... *breathes* OOOOOOoooooOoooo!
ImageImageImageImage

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:13 pm

Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:

Also wouldn't it be nice if they had the Zoup there tomorrow?!
ImageImageImageImage

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:15 pm

FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

I have one of those preordered, those are what I’m most excited about!

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:18 pm

Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:

Sorry to hear that, I usually try to find trades in that situation to fill the gaps. I did wind up with duplicate dragon fruits in my funkoshop order too :/

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:04 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

Such is the life, right? Besides...there's always tomorrow! (Literally - Hollywood, here I come!) :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:05 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

Super cool if that happened! Do we have an estimated release date for them yet?
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:06 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:
Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

Sorry to hear that, I usually try to find trades in that situation to fill the gaps. I did wind up with duplicate dragon fruits in my funkoshop order too :/

Yeah, I'll be putting together a trade post soon. Gonna wait to see if I have any luck with my next (last!) order before I go out to the corners of the interwebs!
Image ImageImage Image

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:31 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:

I have one of those preordered, those are what I’m most excited about!

Hella excited!!!
ImageImageImageImage

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:32 am

Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:

I thought December but who knows at this point anymore...
ImageImageImageImage

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:33 am

Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:

Such is the life, right? Besides...there's always tomorrow! (Literally - Hollywood, here I come!) :cheers:

Be square!
ImageImageImageImage

AnyGivenFunko

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:06 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:
AnyGivenFunko wrote:

I’m not very good at the shake test, but I bet all the dragons have the same weight if one were to use a scale. Which I can’t bring myself to do lol

lol Yeah, a scale would definitely help. The dragon is usually the heaviest and makes a louder sound during a shake. There is no guarantee though. ;-)
Dennis
IG: AnyGivenFunko

Funko Events: "17, "22, and "23 Fundays, "Making Fun" Hollywood Premiere, Irvine Spectrum PEZ event, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FDO8, FDO9, FunKon Hollywood, "22 & "23 Mask-O-raid, Fright Night II, Bob's Big Boy

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:13 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

I thought December but who knows at this point anymore...

Well, no December to this point.

In the meantime though, surprised to see how few of the Fruit Bats were in stock at Hollywood today! Someone obviously got there before me and snagged a bunch! Did buy 5 - 2 new, and 3 duplicates. Down to needing the 1/36s, and the Kiwi bat. Not too bad! Hope is still alive!
Image ImageImage Image

Return to “Blind Bags”