The Office Mystery Minis Series 1

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
AnyGivenFunko

Re: The Office Mystery Minis Series 1

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:13 pm

billydarector wrote:Anyone spot any Walmart ones yet in store?

Yeah, I found two boxes in the store.
Dennis
IG: AnyGivenFunko

Funko Events: "17, "22, and "23 Fundays, "Making Fun" Hollywood Premiere, Irvine Spectrum PEZ event, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FDO8, FDO9, FunKon Hollywood, "22 & "23 Mask-O-raid, Fright Night II, Bob's Big Boy

billydarector

Postby billydarector » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:03 am

AnyGivenFunko wrote:

Boxes or cases in the store? Did they work with brickseek or in the walmart app too? Hit me up with an extra set of the Walmart exclusives gee!!! lol
ISO: Rare Mystery Minis, Retro Freddys
Over 1200 Mystery Minis and growing
Image Image

:freddy3:

AnyGivenFunko

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:21 am

billydarector wrote:
AnyGivenFunko wrote:

Boxes or cases in the store? Did they work with brickseek or in the walmart app too? Hit me up with an extra set of the Walmart exclusives gee!!! lol

lol Two cases. They were already picked. It never showed up on brickseek and I have never tried the walmart app. Why is it so hard to find a case at Walmart. It was so easy to find one back in the earlier days at any Walmart.
Dennis

Funko Events: "17, "22, and "23 Fundays, "Making Fun" Hollywood Premiere, Irvine Spectrum PEZ event, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FDO8, FDO9, FunKon Hollywood, "22 & "23 Mask-O-raid, Fright Night II, Bob's Big Boy

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:02 pm

AnyGivenFunko wrote:
billydarector wrote:
AnyGivenFunko wrote:

lol Two cases. They were already picked. It never showed up on brickseek and I have never tried the walmart app. Why is it so hard to find a case at Walmart. It was so easy to find one back in the earlier days at any Walmart.

I think alot of walmarts stock has been reserved for the preorders back a few months ago. Seems like they want to presell instead of having to ship to stores that want nothing to do with Funko products.

csm

Postby csm » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:58 am

Yet some stores have had them for like a month and not preorder from way back when now changed from 12/24 to 1/21. Luckily I only need to cross fingers for one figure, and he’s sort of the least unique design. I guess waiting keeps the excitement alive.

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:52 am

I think my favorite is the Dwight from Walmart.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

BoomerJack

Postby BoomerJack » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:32 pm

I found an untouched case of minis at Walmart yesterday, so I bought all 12 even though I have a case on preorder that's been delayed until January 21. I got Toby & Hay King Dwight & Stanley who I also needed. I just need Bookface Jim & The three Hot Topic exclusives. I'm not sure if I should cancel the preorder or test my luck in getting Bookface & then use the extras as trade bait for the ones I'm missing.

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:08 am

BoomerJack wrote:I found an untouched case of minis at Walmart yesterday, so I bought all 12 even though I have a case on preorder that's been delayed until January 21. I got Toby & Hay King Dwight & Stanley who I also needed. I just need Bookface Jim & The three Hot Topic exclusives. I'm not sure if I should cancel the preorder or test my luck in getting Bookface & then use the extras as trade bait for the ones I'm missing.

Can someone clarify the distribution of the exclusives for me? It seems clear that they did not go to the places it said they would in the original glams. I originally thought the Hot Topic and Walmart exclusives just got flipped, but this post implies the following:

Hot Topic (and HT dba BoxLunch): Kevin, Dwight with Doll, and 3-hole punch Jim

Walmart: Toby, Hay King Dwight, and Bookface Jim

Is that correct? The Dwights and secondary characters flipped, but the Jims did not?

csm

Postby csm » Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:54 pm

buried_by_pops wrote:Can someone clarify the distribution of the exclusives for me? It seems clear that they did not go to the places it said they would in the original glams. I originally thought the Hot Topic and Walmart exclusives just got flipped, but this post implies the following:

Is that correct? The Dwights and secondary characters flipped, but the Jims did not?

This is incorrect. Bookface Jim is Hot Topic / Box Lunch and Three Hole Punch Jim is Walmart. You're accurate with the others though!

billydarector

Postby billydarector » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:03 pm

BoomerJack wrote:I found an untouched case of minis at Walmart yesterday, so I bought all 12 even though I have a case on preorder that's been delayed until January 21. I got Toby & Hay King Dwight & Stanley who I also needed. I just need Bookface Jim & The three Hot Topic exclusives. I'm not sure if I should cancel the preorder or test my luck in getting Bookface & then use the extras as trade bait for the ones I'm missing.

If you have an extra Hay King and Toby and are interested in Kevin Malone and Dwight HT exclusive, let me know. We can trade. Thanks!
Image Image

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:47 pm

csm wrote:
buried_by_pops wrote:Can someone clarify the distribution of the exclusives for me? It seems clear that they did not go to the places it said they would in the original glams. I originally thought the Hot Topic and Walmart exclusives just got flipped, but this post implies the following:

This is incorrect. Bookface Jim is Hot Topic / Box Lunch and Three Hole Punch Jim is Walmart. You're accurate with the others though!

Thanks for the clarification. A straight up flip flop seemed more likely.

AnyGivenFunko

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:12 pm

I found the 3 hole punch Jim Halpert WM exclusive. Yippeee! :freddy2:
Dennis

billydarector

Postby billydarector » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:47 pm

AnyGivenFunko wrote:I found the 3 hole punch Jim Halpert WM exclusive. Yippeee! :freddy2:

Dang nice!!! They popped up in Socal? Better start hunting! Pm you something
Image Image

billydarector

Postby billydarector » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:05 pm

Has anyone's preorders began shipping out yet from Walmart?
Image Image

csm

Postby csm » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:49 pm

AnyGivenFunko wrote:I found the 3 hole punch Jim Halpert WM exclusive. Yippeee! :freddy2:

Three Hole Punch Jim is the only one I'm missing. I believe the Hot Topic ones were in the middle (top, if I'm not mistaken?) Is he also placed the same in a fresh case?

neilmc2001

Postby neilmc2001 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:24 pm

billydarector wrote:Has anyone's preorders began shipping out yet from Walmart?

Mine has not - was delayed until 1/21. Let’s hope they start shipping soon!!

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:56 pm

The full case is in stock at walmart right now. Same with jumbo superman.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Funko-POP-My ... 77f2b7fe66

csm

Postby csm » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:27 pm

RobinBear177 wrote:The full case is in stock at walmart right now. Same with jumbo superman.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Funko-POP-My ... 77f2b7fe66

I like that the relist says arrives 1/22, yet my case purchased on 10/2 still has no shipping estimate. Stay classy, Walmart. :eek:

billydarector

Postby billydarector » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:56 pm

Out for delivery today. Hoping for that 3 hole punch Jim!
Image Image

billydarector

Postby billydarector » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:38 pm

Here comes all the Tobys and Hay Kings on ebay...everybody must've gotten their orders in this week...haha
Image Image

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:29 pm

billydarector wrote:Here comes all the Tobys and Hay Kings on ebay...everybody must've gotten their orders in this week...haha

I have so many of Michael, Pam, Jim and Dwight, it's not even funny anymore haha

jp6712

Postby jp6712 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:47 am

Anybody else find a 3-hold punch jim/book face "error" most likely from Box Lunch? It has the same color pants and three hole punch of the walmart exclusive, but also has book written across his face like the boxlunch/hot topic exclusive. I've seen more than one of these, just trying to figure out how rare it is.

csm

Postby csm » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:52 pm

jp6712 wrote:Anybody else find a 3-hold punch jim/book face "error" most likely from Box Lunch? It has the same color pants and three hole punch of the walmart exclusive, but also has book written across his face like the boxlunch/hot topic exclusive. I've seen more than one of these, just trying to figure out how rare it is.

Thankfully my Three Hole Punch Jim is the correct pairing -- although a good error is certainly always fun!

csm

Re: “The Office” Pops

Postby csm » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:50 pm

It would appear we now know Funko's latest FU to collectors of this line who wasted a ton of money on their inane blind boxing across multiple retailers. Bleed them dry, and then release the exact same figures in open window packaging. ](*,)

Mike D Office Fan

Postby Mike D Office Fan » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:52 pm

csm wrote:Image

It would appear we now know Funko's latest FU to collectors of this line who wasted a ton of money on their inane blind boxing across multiple retailers. Bleed them dry, and then release the exact same figures in open window packaging. ](*,)

Just saw these as well, but it looks like they're from the UK and Australia. Either way, its ridiculous.
ISO:
The Office Protos and NYCCC Full Pin Set

Follow my new IG Page: FUNphotosKO

csm

Postby csm » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:56 pm

Mike D Office Fan wrote:Just saw these as well, but it looks like they're from the UK and Australia. Either way, its ridiculous.

Regardless - I would imagine it could result in the value of these rarer figures dropping dramatically. Total BS move by Funko, on top of a long line of other poor choices that has really worked to turn me off to this company. Still feeling it over the Princess Unicorn pop -- and I GOT that figure. Funko just has zero value for their customers.

Edit to add -- the image I linked is associated with an eBay listing from a seller based in Missouri. That doesn't necessarily pinpoint where he or she originally obtained it - but it could be worth keeping an eye on the situation.

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:59 am

That's an interesting find to come across.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:02 am

csm wrote:
Mike D Office Fan wrote:Just saw these as well, but it looks like they're from the UK and Australia. Either way, its ridiculous.

Regardless - I would imagine it could result in the value of these rarer figures dropping dramatically. Total BS move by Funko, on top of a long line of other poor choices that has really worked to turn me off to this company. Still feeling it over the Princess Unicorn pop -- and I GOT that figure. Funko just has zero value for their customers.

Edit to add -- the image I linked is associated with an eBay listing from a seller based in Missouri. That doesn't necessarily pinpoint where he or she originally obtained it - but it could be worth keeping an eye on the situation.

What the hell is this?!? I literally just dropped $70 on this figure in the past week on eBay to finish the set. Why can't Funko stop lying to us about the rarity/availability of their products? I get upset sometimes about products that are super rare (Andy Dwyers from Fugitive Toys) but I can get over it if its part of the legitimate collecting game. What I can't get over is when items purported to have a specific rarity/exclusivity/limited nature/distribution type all of the sudden show up in new ways. I'm thinking of all the Bert Macklin Hot Topic exclusives that flooded the market this summer after three years being off of the shelves or the Oogie Boogie GITD mini that got repackaged into new boxes with a different ratio. Funko might not care about the contours of the secondary market, but, if they want to keep their primary market going, they need to realize that its a big part of collecting their products. I do not collect for profit, but I still check my PPG total a couple of times a week just for fun. Its not fun to see it tanking for a particular item due to Funko's actions, which, more often than not, make me feel like a sucker.

It especially saddens me to find them playing shenanigans with the minis, which I have been gravitating towards for two reasons: 1. They don't seem to get counterfeited as often as the Pops (I recall some Dr. Seuss ones coming out of China in large numbers, but that's it), and 2. I have hunted enough of them in the wild to know that the rare pieces truly are rare and require hunting. I don't know what to think anymore.

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:45 am

Goldenface Jims on eBay from MO, NV, and TX now and I saw a Darryl as well before I stopped looking. I started a thread in the "I'm So Mad" forum. One posting had pictures of all sides of the box. No indication of ratios, no indication of where they came from, no idea why they are numbered 25 and 28 when 10 figures (the ones from the common cases) are shown on the packaging and there were 16 figures in the line. We deserve answers.

Mike D Office Fan

Postby Mike D Office Fan » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:38 am

buried_by_pops wrote:
csm wrote:

What the hell is this?!? I literally just dropped $70 on this figure in the past week on eBay to finish the set. Why can't Funko stop lying to us about the rarity/availability of their products? I get upset sometimes about products that are super rare (Andy Dwyers from Fugitive Toys) but I can get over it if its part of the legitimate collecting game. What I can't get over is when items purported to have a specific rarity/exclusivity/limited nature/distribution type all of the sudden show up in new ways. I'm thinking of all the Bert Macklin Hot Topic exclusives that flooded the market this summer after three years being off of the shelves or the Oogie Boogie GITD mini that got repackaged into new boxes with a different ratio. Funko might not care about the contours of the secondary market, but, if they want to keep their primary market going, they need to realize that its a big part of collecting their products. I do not collect for profit, but I still check my PPG total a couple of times a week just for fun. Its not fun to see it tanking for a particular item due to Funko's actions, which, more often than not, make me feel like a sucker.

It especially saddens me to find them playing shenanigans with the minis, which I have been gravitating towards for two reasons: 1. They don't seem to get counterfeited as often as the Pops (I recall some Dr. Seuss ones coming out of China in large numbers, but that's it), and 2. I have hunted enough of them in the wild to know that the rare pieces truly are rare and require hunting. I don't know what to think anymore.

I agree with you guys, it's def. frustrating especially when I'm missing only 2 from the set, and they're both way over $100.00 on the secondary market. I'm in an Office Funko group on IG and people are saying these are given to "higher ups"....but I don't believe that because they wouldn't be appearing so quickly on eBay and Mercari. What say you Funko?
ISO:

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:30 am

Mike D Office Fan wrote:I agree with you guys, it's def. frustrating especially when I'm missing only 2 from the set, and they're both way over $100.00 on the secondary market. I'm in an Office Funko group on IG and people are saying these are given to "higher ups"....but I don't believe that because they wouldn't be appearing so quickly on eBay and Mercari. What say you Funko?

Are people tweeting at them to try to force a response? I tried submitting something through the website's support feature but there didn't seem to be an appropriate avenue and it kept asking me for information I didn't have when I tried different categories.

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:40 pm

I can confirm that these are at Five Below for $5 a piece. The figures from the non-exclusive cases are all 1/12 except for Michael and Jello Dwight, which are 1/6.

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:56 pm

I heard back from Funko who said "we can confirm we did not produce them with that packaging", whatever that means.

Mike D Office Fan

Postby Mike D Office Fan » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:24 am

buried_by_pops wrote:I can confirm that these are at Five Below for $5 a piece. The figures from the non-exclusive cases are all 1/12 except for Michael and Jello Dwight, which are 1/6.

So you've actually seen these at a Five Below already?
ISO:

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:30 am

Mike D Office Fan wrote:
buried_by_pops wrote:I can confirm that these are at Five Below for $5 a piece. The figures from the non-exclusive cases are all 1/12 except for Michael and Jello Dwight, which are 1/6.

So you've actually seen these at a Five Below already?

Sure did, yesterday in store in the Great Lakes area, both stores I checked had them.

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:01 pm

buried_by_pops wrote:
csm wrote:

Exclusives to stores can always be reproduced, unless the item has been vaulted. Hot topic is really the only company that ever chooses to reproduce items. It sucks as a collector to have the value drop but hot topic/Funko don't care, they just want to sell more. Yes they have to care about the secondary market to ensure they remain collectables but at this point there are so many collectors it will take alot to stop it.

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:42 pm

Dsho333 wrote:Exclusives to stores can always be reproduced, unless the item has been vaulted.

That is a fair point, although I think we would all prefer it if exclusives were automatically vaulted after their original production run, which, in my mind, is part of what the "exclusive" label should mean.

Dsho333 wrote:It sucks as a collector to have the value drop but hot topic/Funko don't care, they just want to sell more. Yes they have to care about the secondary market to ensure they remain collectables but at this point there are so many collectors it will take alot to stop it.

I think this is the more important point, and exactly the kind of thing that will cause fickle collectors to start peeling off to focus on something else.

I received another response from Funko about the minis issue, but decided I am going to only post about this in the "I'm So Mad" thread from now on. If you are interested in the topic, you can check out my latest post there.

Mike D Office Fan

Postby Mike D Office Fan » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:42 pm

People spending big money on Goldenface and now it shows up at Five Below in a window box, jeez funko...glad I traded mine for a signed Kevin when I did.
ISO:

csm

Postby csm » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:42 pm

buried_by_pops wrote:I received another response from Funko about the minis issue, but decided I am going to only post about this in the "I'm So Mad" thread from now on. If you are interested in the topic, you can check out my latest post there.

Isn't that sort of click-bait within the same forum? lol

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:58 pm

Mike D Office Fan wrote:People spending big money on Goldenface and now it shows up at Five Below in a window box, jeez funko...glad I traded mine for a signed Kevin when I did.

I didn’t even know Goldenface was big money, seemed like there was a ton of those
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

Return to “Blind Bags”