The NEW Dream Pops Super-List!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Trendkill24hr

Re: The NEW Dream Pops Super-List!

Postby Trendkill24hr » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:40 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:Image
Here is a super want but one I am conflicted on. John Carpenter's The Thing [1982]. So many POP possibilities for being a small cast since you have the scientists and also the different monster transformations. I am conflicted because the monster POPs would be so grotesque that maybe people would be scared or disturbed by them. The one that would creep me out the most is the dog monster which is honestly my least favorite part of the movie, it always makes me so sad especially as a Husky dog owner.
If they were to only make a few POPs, it would be Kurt Russell and Keith David's characters: MacReady and Childs. If they had to do only one single monster, probably the chest burst monster. Definetly would have to be a 6 inch or some kind of diorama.

I would love all of that, and I’m still waiting for They Live pops too!
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:28 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:Just thought of new dream pops to add to my list... Gary Lisa and Wyatt from Weird Science!...plus a con exclusive of Chet as a Toad. LoL They just made a Reaction figure of that, and now I want a pop!

Oh come on now, reading this just made me want to see them done. One of my favorite movies.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:34 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:
squidward wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:Just thought of new dream pops to add to my list... Gary Lisa and Wyatt from Weird Science!...plus a con exclusive of Chet as a Toad. LoL They just made a Reaction figure of that, and now I want a pop!

These would be great. How about a movie moments with a rocket ship and Wyatt+Gary with bras on their heads?

So
Much
Yes!

weird science would be epic! we could also add another RDJ pop with this set lol

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:25 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:TROY :whdat:

I’m hoping they would do this too after the Gladiator pops came out

I re-watched this movie the other night. It’s an instant classic for me.

Maybe they could do a pop ride for the Trojan horse with a pop inside. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:40 pm

Does anyone else watch Derry Girls? I think they would make great Pops (especially Orla).
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:37 pm

Tusken wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
I’m hoping they would do this too after the Gladiator pops came out

I re-watched this movie the other night. It’s an instant classic for me.

Maybe they could do a pop ride for the Trojan horse with a pop inside. :freddy3:

Awesome idea :idea:
Image Image
ImageImage

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:27 pm

mongoose12 wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
squidward wrote:These would be great. How about a movie moments with a rocket ship and Wyatt+Gary with bras on their heads?

So
Much
Yes!

weird science would be epic! we could also add another RDJ pop with this set lol

This has me thinking of other John Hughes possibilities, Uncle Buck maybe? Still want a John Candy pop
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:01 am

scullysdad wrote:Does anyone else watch Derry Girls? I think they would make great Pops (especially Orla).

I have no idea what this is, but I will google it just out of curiosity.
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:51 pm

digithor wrote:
scullysdad wrote:Does anyone else watch Derry Girls? I think they would make great Pops (especially Orla).

It’s a hilarious show on Netflix. You can watch an entire season in three hours, and I recommend it.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:39 pm

scullysdad wrote:
digithor wrote:

It’s a hilarious show on Netflix. You can watch an entire season in three hours, and I recommend it.

Oh netflix, the one I don't have. I'll see if I can check it out anyways some how.
ImageImageImageImage

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:53 am

Here's another horror suggestion since we need more Horror stuff Funko!
Angela Baker from Sleepaway Camp (1983). I think this is the only POP needed to represent the movie. I think a perfect POP would be them in the camp outfit with the iconic face even though it is a blending of two scenes. No spoilers on why if you have not seen the movie! It's a strange cult classic movie but would be an interesting addition to the horror lineup but I do not think it is too likely.
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:15 pm

I'm still hoping for a Flint, Falcon or Duke to join the Gi Joe line! :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Image Image Image Image

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:47 pm

Tusken wrote:I'm still hoping for a Flint, Falcon or Duke to join the Gi Joe line! :freddy3:

Duke is wayyyyyy over due =;
Image Image
ImageImage

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:07 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
Tusken wrote:I'm still hoping for a Flint, Falcon or Duke to join the Gi Joe line! :freddy3:

I'm shocked he still hasn't showed up since he is the leader of the Joes. Maybe he did die in the Gi Movie (both of them). :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Image Image Image Image

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:14 pm

Tusken wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

I'm shocked he still hasn't showed up since he is the leader of the Joes. Maybe he did die in the Gi Movie (both of them). :freddy3:

Well I didn’t like any of the G.I. Joe movies so I don’t even remember him dying off. lol
Image Image
ImageImage

IMFunkoJeff

Postby IMFunkoJeff » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:05 pm

I would sooooooooooooo love to see a John Williams Pop! Vinyl! He’s one of the most accomplished artists we have that’s alive today and his music has touched millions and millions of people worldwide with his compostions and scores of Star Wars, Jaws, Jurassic Park, Close Encounters, Indiana Jones and many, many, many more films.

It would be great to see a Movie Composers line of Pops made as well. John Williams, Danny Elfman, Ennio Morricone, Jerry Goldsmith, Howard Shore, and Michael Giacchino would be a great first six to get the Pop! Vinyl Treatment.
:SW3:

Sincerely,
Jeffrey

Collecting Funko since the late 2000s. I love all things Funko, especially Pop! Vinyl, Wacky Wobblers, and Vinyl Idolz. I’ve also been collecting autographed Pops, Wobblers, and Vinyl Idolz since 2014. I’ve collected almost every Deadpool Pop! Vinyl — with every possible USA and International LE sticker that Funko has made (as far as I’m aware) — and I’m missing just the three Freddy Funko SDCC Deadpool pieces.

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:31 pm

jeffreyk wrote:I would sooooooooooooo love to see a John Williams Pop! Vinyl! He’s one of the most accomplished artists we have that’s alive today and his music has touched millions and millions of people worldwide with his compostions and scores of Star Wars, Jaws, Jurassic Park, Close Encounters, Indiana Jones and many, many, many more films.

It would be great to see a Movie Composers line of Pops made as well. John Williams, Danny Elfman, Ennio Morricone, Jerry Goldsmith, Howard Shore, and Michael Giacchino would be a great first six to get the Pop! Vinyl Treatment.

This has my vote for sure. John Williams made so many soundtracks that we love to this day. Some of the movies would be boring without his soundtrack leading the way. Maybe they could do different Pop albums with his famous movies or do a line with him in famous costume from the movies. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Image Image Image Image

IMFunkoJeff

Postby IMFunkoJeff » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:27 pm

Tusken wrote:
jeffreyk wrote:I would sooooooooooooo love to see a John Williams Pop! Vinyl! He’s one of the most accomplished artists we have that’s alive today and his music has touched millions and millions of people worldwide with his compostions and scores of Star Wars, Jaws, Jurassic Park, Close Encounters, Indiana Jones and many, many, many more films.

This has my vote for sure. John Williams made so many soundtracks that we love to this day. Some of the movies would be boring without his soundtrack leading the way. Maybe they could do different Pop albums with his famous movies or do a line with him in famous costume from the movies. :freddy3:

Actually, for a single Pop Vinyl of Mr. Williams, I would love to just see him in a conductor's black or white tux attire with baton like what you would see when he was conducting The Boston Pops. Personally, I would prefer a regular 3.5-inch pop treatment first like you see in the Directors Pop! line with all composers and then with the Pop! Album idea to follow. On the back of the 3.5-Inch regular-sized Pop box you could also have an album cover pictured from that composer's most prominent of compositions.

I very much like your idea about the different Original Score albums being made into Pops that would be like the current Funko Pop! Albums line. Personally, I wouldn't dress up John Williams in any attire than the traditional attire I mentioned above but that, with an album cover background like Star Wars, Jurassic Park, CE3K, etc., that would look super sweet with a John Williams Pop as a conductor with backdrop being the colorful album art. If you search for John Williams there are many images you could choose from that would be right for the man. For all the composers, I would probably portray them in a look that they approve of and sign-off on during the development process. A Michael Giacchino Pop with him dressed in his usual bow tie would look really cool.

The Pop! Album idea would be so great for the other composers in front of the albums they are most notable for: Danny Elfman in front of the Batman 1989 Original Score Album, Howard Shore in front of a LOTR Album, Hans Zimmer in front of a Gladiator album etc. Like I mentioned above, I would definitely take the score that these composers are most notable and known for and make that the album, though.

I would so buy all of these so very quickly! Quickly as in ludicrous speed -- until I go plaid.
:SW3:

Sincerely,
Jeffrey

Collecting Funko since the late 2000s. I love all things Funko, especially Pop! Vinyl, Wacky Wobblers, and Vinyl Idolz. I’ve also been collecting autographed Pops, Wobblers, and Vinyl Idolz since 2014. I’ve collected almost every Deadpool Pop! Vinyl — with every possible USA and International LE sticker that Funko has made (as far as I’m aware) — and I’m missing just the three Freddy Funko SDCC Deadpool pieces.

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:15 am

Now that's a good idea, he's done some really great music for movies.
ImageImageImageImage

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:40 am

I was thinking the same way what about just in general though some famous composers like Beethoven Johann Bach, or Mozart? :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Image Image Image Image

ScaryGuy

Postby ScaryGuy » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:34 pm

Rocks: Black Sabbath, Trivium, Sevendust

Television: ALF, Zig & Sharko

Movies: Hotel Transylvania, Adventures in Babysitting, Howard the Duck
Shop smart, shop S Mart :devil:

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:22 am

ScaryGuy wrote: Adventures in Babysitting

Second for this line.
ImageImageImageImage

Nis_chac

Postby Nis_chac » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:24 am

My dream is classical music icons... Bach Beethoven Mozart etc..
Violin is life :-({|=
Heading to NYCC 2022- Friday badge!
https://www.instagram.com/phunko_fotography
ImageImage

squidward

Postby squidward » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:19 am

I need more Indiana Jones Pops. I love the Indy's that we have, but there are more characters particularly from Temple of Doom and Last Crusade.
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:04 am

squidward wrote:I need more Indiana Jones Pops. I love the Indy's that we have, but there are more characters particularly from Temple of Doom and Last Crusade.

I think more of Indiana can't be bad. I would love some of the see characters that helped drive the story with Indiana. Where is our Marion or Marcus? :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Image Image Image Image

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:31 pm

Tusken wrote:
squidward wrote:I need more Indiana Jones Pops. I love the Indy's that we have, but there are more characters particularly from Temple of Doom and Last Crusade.

I think more of Indiana can't be bad. I would love some of the see characters that helped drive the story with Indiana. Where is our Marion or Marcus? :freddy3:

I think funko is keeping Indy at a minimum 2. Keep it special
Image Image
ImageImage

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:52 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
Tusken wrote:

I think it’s possibly a complicated thing where they can’t do anything more because of both Disney and Paramount having the license.
Just your average Muppet fan who loves Pops.
Funko Wish List: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/poppriceguide/users/muppetspot

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:29 pm

MacKazoo wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Tusken wrote:

I think it’s possibly a complicated thing where they can’t do anything more because of both Disney and Paramount having the license.

Good point
Image Image
ImageImage

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:45 am

Some more Indy characters would be fun to add, lots of options for them.
ImageImageImageImage

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:55 pm

digithor wrote:Some more Indy characters would be fun to add, lots of options for them.

That would be amazing!
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Nis_chac

Postby Nis_chac » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:52 pm

I hope they make an avatar pop with all four elements!
ImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:20 pm

Shaq-FU :SW9:
Image Image
ImageImage

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:32 pm

What about some Captain Power Pops? Anyone remember the actions figures or the cartoon.
Hi I'm Tusken.
Image Image Image Image

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:27 pm

Tusken wrote:What about some Captain Power Pops? Anyone remember the actions figures or the cartoon.

I had to google it, I don’t recall ever watching or hearing about it.
Image Image
ImageImage

squidward

Postby squidward » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:54 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
Tusken wrote:What about some Captain Power Pops? Anyone remember the actions figures or the cartoon.

I had to google it, I don’t recall ever watching or hearing about it.

I loved Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future!
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:33 am

Orla would be fantastic!
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:33 am

I would like to see a Bee Gees and Saturday Night Fever pops. [-o< [-o< [-o<
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #SODAWasted
Facebook: Iz Salazar

Nis_chac

Postby Nis_chac » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:29 am

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:I would like to see a Bee Gees and Saturday Night Fever pops. [-o< [-o< [-o<

Oooh good ones!
ImageImage

Imagery
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby Imagery » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:34 am

Nis_chac wrote:I hope they make an avatar pop with all four elements!

That would be interesting. He could be raised on water with a fire tornado and rocks floating somewhere around him... or something
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:37 am

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:I would like to see a Bee Gees and Saturday Night Fever pops. [-o< [-o< [-o<

Travolta in that white suit - yes! And maybe another version of him carrying paint cans. The Bee Gees would need to be a multipack
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

Return to “Pop!”