Marvel Collector's Corp Volume 2021: Issue 1: Lucha Libre Edition

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
GuruGuy128

Marvel Collector's Corp Volume 2021: Issue 1: Lucha Libre Edition

Postby GuruGuy128 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:17 pm

Well it time for a new year and new round of boxes this time were starting off with Lucha Libre Edition from Marvel

I'm not sure what to expect
Guru Guy: The Disney and Subscription Box Guru

TadGhostal

Re: Marvel Collector's Corp Volume 2021: Issue 1: Lucha Libre Edition

Postby TadGhostal » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:14 pm

I saw somewhere online that it was going to be 3 Pops?
That sounds.... dubious.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:16 pm

I don't like sounding dismissive but this might be the first MCC box I have no interest in. I'm sure it's really cool for somebody but the Lucha set just does nothing for me.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:13 pm

I’m just waiting on the spoilers! I always like to see what’s inside first. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Marvelous WD

Postby Marvelous WD » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:40 pm

I found it interesting the November box advertised it being based on The Eternals movie. Guess since 2020 has messed up movie releases, that box probably contained spoilers.

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:03 pm

lavery01 wrote:I’m just waiting on the spoilers! I always like to see what’s inside first. lol

lol thats my usual play as well :-"

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:11 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:I don't like sounding dismissive but this might be the first MCC box I have no interest in. I'm sure it's really cool for somebody but the Lucha set just does nothing for me.

I feel the same way and actually just skipped this one on my amazon subscription. I'm happy for other funatics though and already looking forward to the next one :)

Stat32111

Postby Stat32111 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:17 am

Can’t wait for the spoilers for this box!
Instagram- calebshiny

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:42 am

Hrmm interesting theme to lead the year with, I'm on the fence.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:15 am

GuruGuy128 wrote:Well it time for a new year and new round of boxes this time were starting off with Lucha Libre Edition from Marvel

I'm not sure what to expect

I guess they really want to get their Lucha theme going because it is a very interesting theme to start the new year off. Make sense in the thought that none of the movies are out yet but fingers crossed the new one will be Winter Solider/Falcon themed or maybe the TV series themed. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:28 am

digithor wrote:Hrmm interesting theme to lead the year with, I'm on the fence.

Same! I love that the box has 3 pops, but I'll need spoilers before I commit to it. The Lucha Libre line entertains me greatly, but not enough that I've purchased any of them.

I figure at least one of the pops will be Captain America. Maybe Thor for the second? But who knows where they'll go with this! I would guess they'll cut out one of the extras to make room for that extra pop.
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:57 am

Katers wrote:

Same! I love that the box has 3 pops, but I'll need spoilers before I commit to it. The Lucha Libre line entertains me greatly, but not enough that I've purchased any of them.

I figure at least one of the pops will be Captain America. Maybe Thor for the second? But who knows where they'll go with this! I would guess they'll cut out one of the extras to make room for that extra pop.

Maybe a bit more of a selling point having 3 pops in it then.
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:39 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

3 pops might be the first time they do 3 pops in a corps box, definitely would like to see a sneak peek
:freddy3:

mactds

Postby mactds » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:08 pm

Jalapenopete wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

3 pops might be the first time they do 3 pops in a corps box, definitely would like to see a sneak peek

I'm excited for three pops for sure! I'm really interested to see how many unique details are in these Lucha Libre pops!
Hi, I'm Trevor
Current Pop Count: 310
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mactds/

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:27 am

mactds wrote:
Jalapenopete wrote:
digithor wrote:

I'm excited for three pops for sure! I'm really interested to see how many unique details are in these Lucha Libre pops!

I feel like they probably won't have a lot of difference between them.
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:16 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

Oh, totally agree. I think anyone loving the pops of this line will be over the moon with the 3-pop announcement!
Image ImageImage Image

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:33 pm

mongoose12 wrote:
lavery01 wrote:I’m just waiting on the spoilers! I always like to see what’s inside first. lol

So it's not just me then :-" lol although this theme definitely intrigues me... wonder if it's going to Kickstart Kickstart whole line? My hubby still wears his batman vs superman luchadore style shirt that came in one of the boxes....
Image Image ImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:00 pm

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

So it's not just me then :-" lol although this theme definitely intrigues me... wonder if it's going to Kickstart Kickstart whole line? My hubby still wears his batman vs superman luchadore style shirt that came in one of the boxes....

We should be starting to see spoilers pretty soon, I'd think? Definitely still on the fence on this. If they hadn't already announced the 3 pops in the box, I'd wonder if we'd get a MCC box soda exclusive since they seem to be going full steam ahead on the luchador sodas! That probably would've tipped me into the yes category on the box.

I'll just be over here...waiting...patiently.... :bounce: lol
Image ImageImage Image

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:04 pm

Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

We should be starting to see spoilers pretty soon, I'd think? Definitely still on the fence on this. If they hadn't already announced the 3 pops in the box, I'd wonder if we'd get a MCC box soda exclusive since they seem to be going full steam ahead on the luchador sodas! That probably would've tipped me into the yes category on the box.

Ooooo funko sodas in collector boxes?? People would hunt those chases hard, would definitely bring back some interest in the sub boxes that's for sure.... I'm in for sure at that point hahaha
Image Image ImageImage

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:08 am

I'm iffy about this box. I didn't order any of the current releases, but let's see what comes in this box. Metallic? Flocked? GITD? :-k :-k :-k
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #SODAWasted
Facebook: Iz Salazar

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:34 am

Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

I’m sure sodas will make there way to these boxes sooner than we think. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:16 am

lavery01 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:So it's not just me then :-" lol although this theme definitely intrigues me... wonder if it's going to Kickstart Kickstart whole line? My hubby still wears his batman vs superman luchadore style shirt that came in one of the boxes....

That's true, they probably will. Could make things a bit more difficult for the soda collectors then.
ImageImageImageImage

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:06 am

digithor wrote:
lavery01 wrote:
Katers wrote:

That's true, they probably will. Could make things a bit more difficult for the soda collectors then.

Yeah having to buy multiple mystery boxes if you are only interested in the soda could hurt. Plus unless they do variants the piece counts would be way high.... but we will see :)
Image Image ImageImage

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:51 pm

I am intrigued to see what's inside. la estrella cosmica is my favorite so far. It's an amazing pop.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:02 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:So it's not just me then :-" lol although this theme definitely intrigues me... wonder if it's going to Kickstart Kickstart whole line? My hubby still wears his batman vs superman luchadore style shirt that came in one of the boxes....

Ooooo funko sodas in collector boxes?? People would hunt those chases hard, would definitely bring back some interest in the sub boxes that's for sure.... I'm in for sure at that point hahaha

I don't see it happening for this box, though wouldn't it be awesome if it did? It would fit right in, too, since they've already got Lucha Libre sodas in the mix? Bring on the soda! \:D/

Though they really do seem to stick with only pops for these boxes, and I sure wish at times that they'd throw in a mini or a dorbz. I think the last time we got something non-pop was the Black Panther wobbler?
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:04 am

lavery01 wrote:
Katers wrote:

If we will it hard enough, we can make it happen, right? :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:12 am

digithor wrote:
lavery01 wrote:
Katers wrote:

I would hope if they do end up on these boxes, it's just the one soda, no chase. Being an MCC box exclusive will have to be enough of an exclusive!
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:49 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
digithor wrote:
lavery01 wrote:

Yeah having to buy multiple mystery boxes if you are only interested in the soda could hurt. Plus unless they do variants the piece counts would be way high.... but we will see :)

That piece count is a good point, they would need to do variants then to keep the piece count down on each soda.
ImageImageImageImage

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:39 pm

Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:

I don't see it happening for this box, though wouldn't it be awesome if it did? It would fit right in, too, since they've already got Lucha Libre sodas in the mix? Bring on the soda! \:D/

Though they really do seem to stick with only pops for these boxes, and I sure wish at times that they'd throw in a mini or a dorbz. I think the last time we got something non-pop was the Black Panther wobbler?

Figure wise yeah I think it was the wobbler, I know I got some mystery minis in the Disney ones and such but nothing for a while in the marvel ones. But im not sad at the multi pops they do lol
Image Image ImageImage

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:40 pm

digithor wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
digithor wrote:

That piece count is a good point, they would need to do variants then to keep the piece count down on each soda.

Yeah I know that's the main draw of the sodas, even though some of the new ones are creeping higher ot would make more sense to do variants. But then it would be really hard to get all of them.
Image Image ImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:50 am

digithor wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
digithor wrote:

Don't we have some sodas as high a count as 20,000 already in the works? Do we know how many MCC boxes get made?

If they had to do variants, they could do 1/2 or 1/4 if they really needed it? I'd really prefer not though, do not want to have to track those down!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:53 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:Ooooo funko sodas in collector boxes?? People would hunt those chases hard, would definitely bring back some interest in the sub boxes that's for sure.... I'm in for sure at that point hahaha

Figure wise yeah I think it was the wobbler, I know I got some mystery minis in the Disney ones and such but nothing for a while in the marvel ones. But im not sad at the multi pops they do lol

Oh, I absolutely love the multi pops that come in our boxes! I would've been over the moon if they'd given me an exclusive Endgame mini, but alas, it was not meant to be. I'm sure it's more work on their part to do cool stuff like that, but it also seems like it fits really well with the whole exclusive content we are promised! Maybe they're playing it safe and only giving us pops figuring we came to the MCC boxes for the pops, but I certainly branch out into the other lines often enough that a surprise like that would be welcome! I very rarely venture out of the MCC boxes though, so I know I miss out on fun stuff in the other lines.
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:42 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:Yeah having to buy multiple mystery boxes if you are only interested in the soda could hurt. Plus unless they do variants the piece counts would be way high.... but we will see :)

Don't we have some sodas as high a count as 20,000 already in the works? Do we know how many MCC boxes get made?

If they had to do variants, they could do 1/2 or 1/4 if they really needed it? I'd really prefer not though, do not want to have to track those down!

Yes, Jack Skellington for example is one of those 20,000. I wonder if they have kept the same production numbers for the boxes, as they had in the past when they would ship them outside of the US?
ImageImageImageImage

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:07 pm

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:Yeah having to buy multiple mystery boxes if you are only interested in the soda could hurt. Plus unless they do variants the piece counts would be way high.... but we will see :)

Yeah they do have higher count sodas, I think 20k has been the highest so its not impossible. But I don't think they have ever done chases in sub boxes and all sodas have chases right?
Image Image ImageImage

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:10 pm

Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:

Oh, I absolutely love the multi pops that come in our boxes! I would've been over the moon if they'd given me an exclusive Endgame mini, but alas, it was not meant to be. I'm sure it's more work on their part to do cool stuff like that, but it also seems like it fits really well with the whole exclusive content we are promised! Maybe they're playing it safe and only giving us pops figuring we came to the MCC boxes for the pops, but I certainly branch out into the other lines often enough that a surprise like that would be welcome! I very rarely venture out of the MCC boxes though, so I know I miss out on fun stuff in the other lines.

I used to do all the sub boxes and I always love the little throw ins. I know some people don't care about them but I think it adds a lot of value. I also think that now it's a deal with Amazon they probably have some creative control so that could be part of it..... but hey as long as we get some great pops I can't complain either lol
Image Image ImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:03 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

Yes, Jack Skellington for example is one of those 20,000. I wonder if they have kept the same production numbers for the boxes, as they had in the past when they would ship them outside of the US?

I had been wondering if they have a set production number, or if they base it on sales at a certain point before the ship date? But the more I think about it, the more I think it would be tough to get those out so quickly, so yeah, it's probably a set production number. I don't think, if they throw a soda into one of these boxes, that they could put a count on it - what if they didn't sell all the boxes? What a mess that would be!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:05 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

Yeah they do have higher count sodas, I think 20k has been the highest so its not impossible. But I don't think they have ever done chases in sub boxes and all sodas have chases right?

I think they do? I'm not a soda completionist, so I'm not necessarily the right person to ask. But the Black Panther wobbler had a chase version, so they've certainly shipped out things with chase potential before! Don't see why this would have to be any different? Of course, my luck being what it is, I would NOT score the chase! ](*,) lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:09 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:Figure wise yeah I think it was the wobbler, I know I got some mystery minis in the Disney ones and such but nothing for a while in the marvel ones. But im not sad at the multi pops they do lol

I used to do all the sub boxes and I always love the little throw ins. I know some people don't care about them but I think it adds a lot of value. I also think that now it's a deal with Amazon they probably have some creative control so that could be part of it..... but hey as long as we get some great pops I can't complain either lol

I may be totally wrong, but it seemed like the Disney boxes were getting some really cool minis for awhile! I managed to snag myself a hatbox ghost mini at one point, and he makes me smile every time I see him! Though the last Disney box from Amazon didn't have a mini in it - and of course, that's one I bought! lol

The fun little surprises can totally make or break a box for me, since the pops aren't always a complete surprise. Though truth be told, I don't need anymore stickers! lol
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:53 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

I think you are correct that every one has had a chase, I can't think of one off hand that hasn't had a chase.
ImageImageImageImage

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:17 pm

Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:

I think they do? I'm not a soda completionist, so I'm not necessarily the right person to ask. But the Black Panther wobbler had a chase version, so they've certainly shipped out things with chase potential before! Don't see why this would have to be any different? Of course, my luck being what it is, I would NOT score the chase! ](*,) lol

You're right I think the wobbler was gitd chase..... well ibguess it's not out of the running then. I'm not a completions either but I know a couple and they would grumble for sure lol
Image Image ImageImage

Return to “Powered by Funko”