Paka Paka - Fruit Bats

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
nascar246788

Re: Paka Paka - Fruit Bats

Postby nascar246788 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:48 am

Katers wrote:
NCDS wrote:
Katers wrote:
I must've doubted a little, because I did get one more watermelon bat. But the other 4 were at least OTHER duplicates I already had, so I guess it was ultimately a win? \:D/

You are on the right path to getting the fruit bats you want.

Probably gonna have to wait a bit on my last fruit bat, the secondary market prices are ridiculous right now. It's okay though, I can be patient! Of course I'm telling myself that I won't buy any the next time I go to Hollywood, we'll see if I actually hold firm.

You never know. You might get lucky and get the one you need to finish off the set.
Collecting since 2014

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:32 am

Greymom wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Guess we'll find out soon enough...

TBH I haven’t found anyone that’s interested in them yet. I find them creepy personally lol. But...I still want the Dragon!

I want to like this set (because pups!) but I find the Daisy Dukes aspect a bit disturbing. And you're right about the Dragon....that's the best part!

Yeah the shorts killed it, TBH!
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:27 am

Greymom wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Guess we'll find out soon enough...

TBH I haven’t found anyone that’s interested in them yet. I find them creepy personally lol. But...I still want the Dragon!

I want to like this set (because pups!) but I find the Daisy Dukes aspect a bit disturbing. And you're right about the Dragon....that's the best part!

Yeah, I think I'll have to let others do the hard work for this particular dragon, just like I had to for the fruit bats. I haven't even looked, do we know the ratios yet for the next batches? Are the Soups and Puppies as harsh as the Bats? ](*,)
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:29 am

nascar246788 wrote:
Katers wrote:
NCDS wrote:
You are on the right path to getting the fruit bats you want.

Probably gonna have to wait a bit on my last fruit bat, the secondary market prices are ridiculous right now. It's okay though, I can be patient! Of course I'm telling myself that I won't buy any the next time I go to Hollywood, we'll see if I actually hold firm.

You never know. You might get lucky and get the one you need to finish off the set.

That would be wonderful, but we'll see! Actually just potentially scheduled my next Hollywood trip tonight, we'll see how the willpower holds out!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:30 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Greymom wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

Watch them come out, and we're all like "Oh, they're so much cuter than we thought...!" That's kinda what happened to me and the Bats! lol
Image ImageImage Image

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:17 am

Katers wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
Katers wrote:

That would be wonderful, but we'll see! Actually just potentially scheduled my next Hollywood trip tonight, we'll see how the willpower holds out!

I am interested to see how your willpower holds out.
Collecting since 2014

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:24 am

Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Greymom wrote:

Watch them come out, and we're all like "Oh, they're so much cuter than we thought...!" That's kinda what happened to me and the Bats! lol

I don't know about that happening, but you're right. I should see these in person before I pass judgement.

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:36 am

nascar246788 wrote:
Katers wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

I am interested to see how your willpower holds out.

It's already not looking great! lol

But it might also get subverted over to the sodas, I'm still on the hunt for a Freddie Mercury chase, so we'll see if I try my luck there instead of the Bats!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:38 am

Greymom wrote:
Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

I don't know about that happening, but you're right. I should see these in person before I pass judgement.

Well, I took the chance on the bats, I think that means it's your turn to take the chance on the next one! Do it, do it...buy a puppy!
Image ImageImage Image

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:57 am

Katers wrote:
Greymom wrote:
Katers wrote:

Well, I took the chance on the bats, I think that means it's your turn to take the chance on the next one! Do it, do it...buy a puppy!

Ok ok. I'll do a serious ponder on it, but no promises! Better yet, why don't you buy one 1st so I can see one? Haha!

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:47 am

Greymom wrote:
Katers wrote:
Greymom wrote:

Ok ok. I'll do a serious ponder on it, but no promises! Better yet, why don't you buy one 1st so I can see one? Haha!

I already did all my purchasing with my 9000 extra fruit bats, it's definitely your turn!

I will also accept a Soup paka in sacrifice if need be! lol
Image ImageImage Image

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:42 am

Katers wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
Katers wrote:

No luck on my side. I need to dance more.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:46 am

Katers wrote:
Greymom wrote:
Katers wrote:

I already did all my purchasing with my 9000 extra fruit bats, it's definitely your turn!

If only I can find any Soup pakas!

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:39 am

Greymom wrote:
Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

But the glams!!!
ImageImageImageImage

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:41 am

Katers wrote:
Greymom wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

Yeah, I think I'll have to let others do the hard work for this particular dragon, just like I had to for the fruit bats. I haven't even looked, do we know the ratios yet for the next batches? Are the Soups and Puppies as harsh as the Bats? ](*,)

Rage buy your missing ones before you continue to regret buy all the extra dupes you don't need! LOL
ImageImageImageImage

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:37 pm

FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:
Greymom wrote:

Rage buy your missing ones before you continue to regret buy all the extra dupes you don't need! LOL

I love the term "rage buy". Very apt! LOL

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:54 am

NCDS wrote:
Katers wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

No luck on my side. I need to dance more.

The willpower failed me on the Hollywood trip, I had my friend pick me out 1 fruit bat paka ball. Lo and behold.....right bat, wrong color scheme! ](*,)

Still fun though, and frankly, kinda funny.
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:55 am

Greymom wrote:
Katers wrote:
Greymom wrote:

If only I can find any Soup pakas!

Still none at Hollywood, just lots of the snapsies. They need to sort out their priorities! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:04 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Greymom wrote:
Katers wrote:

But the glams!!!

The glams usually do a good job pulling me in, not so for this round. That's okay though, I think after the Funko Fair coming up that I'm going to need to save up a bit!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:05 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:
Greymom wrote:

Even my rage buying has a limit to how high I'll go, unfortunately! Still a little too high right now for me, so I'll wait a bit until the excitement has died down!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:06 am

Greymom wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:

All the cool kids are doing it - join us! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:54 am

Greymom wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:

It's like Jesse Spanno, "I'm so excited, I'm SO EXCITED... I'M.. So.. Scared."
ImageImageImageImage

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:56 am

Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:

Even my rage buying has a limit to how high I'll go, unfortunately! Still a little too high right now for me, so I'll wait a bit until the excitement has died down!

Had my friend order my Zoup case... Can't wait! Not sure I care for the dragon in the set though! :X So more rage buying soon!
ImageImageImageImage

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:31 pm

Katers wrote:
kihou wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:So does anyone know the origins of paka paka? Why do they use Japanese characters with this line? Did this idea for paka paka come out of inspiration for something in Japan.

I believe it's more because of the "gacha" style (them being in plastic balls and coming from machines, popular in Japan). Obviously they've been releasing them now outside of the machines, but the original intent was they were dispensed like gacha capsules.

I miss the machines. Hopefully they can come back someday soon! They totally sucked in the god-kid, too, she got a real kick out of the graphics before the ball popped out!

I drove across town a few times to get Pakas from a machine inside Think Geek. So worth it, too bad they closed down.
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:52 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Greymom wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

It's like Jesse Spanno, "I'm so excited, I'm SO EXCITED... I'M.. So.. Scared."

I only get scared when I look at the pile of duplicates! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:53 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

Had my friend order my Zoup case... Can't wait! Not sure I care for the dragon in the set though! :X So more rage buying soon!

If you need that terrible dragon out of your space, I would be willing to make the sacrifice and bring him over here! Glad to do it for a friend! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:54 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:
Katers wrote:
kihou wrote:I believe it's more because of the "gacha" style (them being in plastic balls and coming from machines, popular in Japan). Obviously they've been releasing them now outside of the machines, but the original intent was they were dispensed like gacha capsules.

I miss the machines. Hopefully they can come back someday soon! They totally sucked in the god-kid, too, she got a real kick out of the graphics before the ball popped out!

I drove across town a few times to get Pakas from a machine inside Think Geek. So worth it, too bad they closed down.

Enjoy the memories though! All I have of Think Geek is tales from others who got to enjoy their greatness!
Image ImageImage Image

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:01 am

Katers wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
Katers wrote:

Enjoy the memories though! All I have of Think Geek is tales from others who got to enjoy their greatness!

Same. I've ordered off their website before but never had an opportunity to go to one of their stores. I could probably spend all day in there.

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:26 pm

Greymom wrote:
Katers wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

Same. I've ordered off their website before but never had an opportunity to go to one of their stores. I could probably spend all day in there.

They mostly have the same stuff you can get at GameStop (besides games) and the Thinkgeek website, however they did get WAY more stock of exclusives
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:23 am

Greymom wrote:
Katers wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

Maybe it's for the best that we were never able to go, then? :mir1:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:26 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:
Greymom wrote:
Katers wrote:

They mostly have the same stuff you can get at GameStop (besides games) and the Thinkgeek website, however they did get WAY more stock of exclusives

Definitely sounds like some place I would have been thrilled to visit! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:36 am

Katers wrote:
Greymom wrote:
Katers wrote:

Sad but true. My bank account wouldn't have been able to handle the onslaught!

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:18 am

Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:

If you need that terrible dragon out of your space, I would be willing to make the sacrifice and bring him over here! Glad to do it for a friend! lol

You don't say LOL
ImageImageImageImage

keyese

Postby keyese » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:57 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:
Katers wrote:
kihou wrote:I believe it's more because of the "gacha" style (them being in plastic balls and coming from machines, popular in Japan). Obviously they've been releasing them now outside of the machines, but the original intent was they were dispensed like gacha capsules.

The only machines I actually got to see were at the Funko Hollywood store.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:41 pm

kihou wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
Katers wrote:

Do they still have them there, do you know?

keyese

Postby keyese » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:44 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:
kihou wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

I am not sure! I don't live in the area and I only saw it when we went to the opening event.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:21 pm

kihou wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
kihou wrote:The only machines I actually got to see were at the Funko Hollywood store.

I am not sure! I don't live in the area and I only saw it when we went to the opening event.

I noticed the animation was repetitive on them, but still an awesome novelty! I low key want to own 1 one day lol

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:36 pm

Greymom wrote:
Katers wrote:
Greymom wrote:

I mean, I certainly was willing to give it a try! It would've been great to have another place to find paka pakas at!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:37 pm

FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

You don't say LOL

The things I'm willing to do for friends, right? lol
Image ImageImage Image

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:35 am

Katers wrote:
Greymom wrote:
Katers wrote:

I mean, I certainly was willing to give it a try! It would've been great to have another place to find paka pakas at!

There lies madness....madness I tell you!!

Return to “Blind Bags”