Funko Soda Figures!

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
Mr Yac

Re: Funko Soda Figures!

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:50 am

Katers wrote:Make it the cling-on type of sticker so we can peel it off if we aren't skilled at sticker placement?

there has to be somebody here who is good at both art design and metalwork who can just make us chase cans lol

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:55 am

Mr Yac wrote:
Katers wrote:Make it the cling-on type of sticker so we can peel it off if we aren't skilled at sticker placement?

there has to be somebody here who is good at both art design and metalwork who can just make us chase cans lol

My only pertinent skills in this case are crushing cans and taking them to the local recycling place! I support anyone who has the necessary skills though, and can't wait to see what all the creative people come up with! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:07 am

Katers wrote:
My only pertinent skills in this case are crushing cans and taking them to the local recycling place! I support anyone who has the necessary skills though, and can't wait to see what all the creative people come up with! :cheers:

you've got me beat, i neither crush them nor bring them anyway. i just toss them in the blue recycling bin and call it a day lol

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:27 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:Yeah but the bizarro fits with the theme of most the chases being the alternate character for the common.

i agree, as much as i do wish he got his own can he really is probably the best chase in the series.....at least till El Kabong releases :D

also i had some chase luck myself today, EntertainmentEarth has been coming through on the last few orders.
fingers crossed the 1 Scareglow they let me order has the same chase magic.

Great luck!

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:34 pm

Katers wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:
i dunno, maybe because i was always the kid with big fingers and i could never put the decals on straight on toys that required me to put them on myself :roflmao:

Haha I mean they could make the sticker slightly bigger than the image on the can so you could have a little wiggle room haha

Make it the cling-on type of sticker so we can peel it off if we aren't skilled at sticker placement?

Yeah that would be fine too

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:56 pm

Katers wrote:
muscleheadfunkopop wrote:
Katers wrote:
I have never needed anything (recently) as much as I need a Loki soda. Give me all the Lokis! \:D/

I hope he does eventually gets released [-o< [-o< [-o<

I just hope we get a regular Loki before we get a luchador Loki! Though that does get me wondering - what would his luchador name be? Literal translation isn't nearly as much fun as previous luchador names!

I agree about getting a REG Loki before a luchador Loki, but if we did...I bet it would look tight with the horns on it. I think a name could be El Lokidor. :-k :-k :-k
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #SODAWasted
Facebook: Iz Salazar

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:07 am

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:I agree about getting a REG Loki before a luchador Loki, but if we did...I bet it would look tight with the horns on it. I think a name could be El Lokidor. :-k :-k :-k

first off, i hate the Luchadores lol but second his name would clearly be Maestro de Travesura ;)

Optimistic

Postby Optimistic » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:25 am

There has been some (non Soda) ECCC leaks, so it seems that those figures that were planned for ECCC will be coming out sometime in the spring and will likely have Soda

I'm hoping for Lucky
:freddy4:

Animation (and occasionally Ad Icons) collector. Dorbz (RIP), Soda, Pop and Pez focused.

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:35 am

Mr Yac wrote:
Katers wrote:

you've got me beat, i neither crush them nor bring them anyway. i just toss them in the blue recycling bin and call it a day lol

My recycle fund goes toward cons and funko stuff, so it's a very necessary life-skill at this point! Of course, the Funko soda cans are saved and put in a place of honor - right behind all my lovely soda figures! It's silly, but I honestly think I love the cans just as much as I love the figures - just makes it that much more fun to collect!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:40 am

Katers wrote:
muscleheadfunkopop wrote:I hope he does eventually gets released [-o< [-o< [-o<

I just hope we get a regular Loki before we get a luchador Loki! Though that does get me wondering - what would his luchador name be? Literal translation isn't nearly as much fun as previous luchador names!

I agree about getting a REG Loki before a luchador Loki, but if we did...I bet it would look tight with the horns on it. I think a name could be El Lokidor. :-k :-k :-k

Okay, you made me laugh with the name, so now I just want a Loki soda period! Hopefully he's in the works and on the way. If we can have a Thanos, we can surely get a Loki next for the Marvel line!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:43 am

Mr Yac wrote:
muscleheadfunkopop wrote:I agree about getting a REG Loki before a luchador Loki, but if we did...I bet it would look tight with the horns on it. I think a name could be El Lokidor. :-k :-k :-k

first off, i hate the Luchadores lol but second his name would clearly be Maestro de Travesura ;)

I dunno, the other names seem more like Spanglish, whereas that sounds straight up Espanol (and kudos on that)! Take pity on me and my google translator app, those HS spanish classes just did NOT stick with me! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:45 am

Optimistic wrote:There has been some (non Soda) ECCC leaks, so it seems that those figures that were planned for ECCC will be coming out sometime in the spring and will likely have Soda

I'm hoping for Lucky

I feel like Lucky will be a feeding frenzy. Everyone feel free to prove me wrong, and leave all the Lucky sodas for me! lol
Image ImageImage Image

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:03 pm

New Sodas!

The Tick

Captain Cold

Iron Man

Devo
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:27 pm

WOW I am really loving that Captain Cold! Tick and Devo are really cool too and that Iron Man looks perfect!
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:44 pm

I like the Devo soda better than the Pop. Going to have to pick it up!
Hi! I’m Eric

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:47 pm

The metallic Tick chase is cool, but I'm safe with these reveals.
Poppin'

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:50 pm

With Iron Man, I think this means most of the Marvel chases will be unmasked.

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:26 pm

Dsho333 wrote:With Iron Man, I think this means most of the Marvel chases will be unmasked.

I could see that with Captain America and some others. I'm not a big fan of the unmasked versions, so not sure how interested I'd be in them if that's the case. Of course, I shouldn't have to worry about that with Hulk and Black Widow, nor most of the Guardians of the Galaxy (except Star-Lord of course).
Poppin'

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:14 pm

i really wish they wouldn't be so safe with the chases all the time, metallic tick just feels so lazy.

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:52 pm

theraven00 wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:With Iron Man, I think this means most of the Marvel chases will be unmasked.

I could see that with Captain America and some others. I'm not a big fan of the unmasked versions, so not sure how interested I'd be in them if that's the case. Of course, I shouldn't have to worry about that with Hulk and Black Widow, nor most of the Guardians of the Galaxy (except Star-Lord of course).

It just seems like certain series have certain ways they do chases, since both iron man and thanos have chases that are unmasked I'm assuming most will be like that, I'd like hulk's chase to be red hulk.

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:53 pm

Mr Yac wrote:i really wish they wouldn't be so safe with the chases all the time, metallic tick just feels so lazy.

Not every chase is gonna me a new mold/character. Some have to be "boring". I actually like the metallic on the Tick. I think it looks really good.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:36 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
Not every chase is gonna me a new mold/character. Some have to be "boring". I actually like the metallic on the Tick. I think it looks really good.

they don't have to be new molds, but they should at least be fitting to the character, metallic is most certainly not fitting to the Tick.

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:54 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

they don't have to be new molds, but they should at least be fitting to the character, metallic is most certainly not fitting to the Tick.

I don't know the character all too well so I couldn't say what would go better. What do you think they should've done?

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:56 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

I don't know the character well, what wouldve been better than metallic?

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:29 pm

renardchua wrote:New Sodas!

Spoiler: show
The Tick

Captain Cold

Iron Man

Devo

Great release today. I was thinking The Tick would be a GITD chase to match the SDCC pop, but I do like the Metallic chase.
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:30 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:WOW I am really loving that Captain Cold! Tick and Devo are really cool too and that Iron Man looks perfect!

Captain Cold is my favorite out of this release. Hopefully this means a pop coming soon [-o< [-o< [-o<

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:32 pm

Dsho333 wrote:

the only thing i could really think of that wouldn't require a new mold was a green semi translucent one like they did for He-Man.

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:35 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
theraven00 wrote:

It just seems like certain series have certain ways they do chases, since both iron man and thanos have chases that are unmasked I'm assuming most will be like that, I'd like hulk's chase to be red hulk.

I feel like they're doing Endgame characters. This Ironman looks like the suit from this movie. If they are sticking to this theme I would guess Professor Hulk common, chase with Nano Gauntlet. :-k :-k :-k

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:58 pm

Love the Iron Man soda!
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:31 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

the only thing i could really think of that wouldn't require a new mold was a green semi translucent one like they did for He-Man.

I did hear that idea when he was first announced, could look good

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:33 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
theraven00 wrote:I could see that with Captain America and some others. I'm not a big fan of the unmasked versions, so not sure how interested I'd be in them if that's the case. Of course, I shouldn't have to worry about that with Hulk and Black Widow, nor most of the Guardians of the Galaxy (except Star-Lord of course).

I feel like they're doing Endgame characters. This Ironman looks like the suit from this movie. If they are sticking to this theme I would guess Professor Hulk common, chase with Nano Gauntlet. :-k :-k :-k

Yeah you're right, I don't think they will do the gauntlet though, would've been better on iron man

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:40 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

Yeah you're right, I don't think they will do the gauntlet though, would've been better on iron man

True...Chase could have been battle damage Ironman w/ Nano Gauntlet.

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:14 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
muscleheadfunkopop wrote:I feel like they're doing Endgame characters. This Ironman looks like the suit from this movie. If they are sticking to this theme I would guess Professor Hulk common, chase with Nano Gauntlet. :-k :-k :-k

True...Chase could have been battle damage Ironman w/ Nano Gauntlet.

I could see them doing Cap with Shield and then the chase is Shield and Mjolnir

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:23 pm

Dsho333 wrote:

it was the one i was hoping for since he got shown lol i know they can't all be homeruns, but some of them really do feel lazy for lack of a better word.

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:36 pm

Those were some nice surprises today, kinda like captain cold the most I think.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

NickR2012

Postby NickR2012 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:01 am

Captain Cold looks GREAT!! And side note: I had no idea who that was before today ;)
SDCC: 07-09-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-19-21-22-23
NYCC: 19-22

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:19 am

These were a great surprise to wake up to yesterday. Must have Tony and Captain Cold. I've never watched the Tick, but I almost want to buy a can just to try and get that metallic chase. If it is anything like the Jabberjaw chase it will look beautiful in person. Captain Cold seemed the most out of the blue from this release, but I am so excited to display him next to my Flash Soda set. Villains make the coolest sodas in my opinion, just look at MOTU.
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Rocketeer protos and the Slimer Soda proto!

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:24 am

Mr Yac wrote:i really wish they wouldn't be so safe with the chases all the time, metallic tick just feels so lazy.

I personally like it but I'm just a fan of metallic Pops and Sodas. I know what you mean though, it's always nice to get a new pose or costume variation as a chase.

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:52 am

Mr Yac wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

it was the one i was hoping for since he got shown lol i know they can't all be homeruns, but some of them really do feel lazy for lack of a better word.

To me it seems like they kinda do 1 of each chase type per wave, new mold, flocked, gitd, metallic or color swap. The new mold seems to be the "most popular" one. Meaning Funko is banking on that one selling more to recuperate the cost of the new mold.

philipali

Postby philipali » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:46 am

NickR2012 wrote:Captain Cold looks GREAT!! And side note: I had no idea who that was before today ;)

Totally agree with Captain Cold! That's a nice looking Soda.. Tony Stark too
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

Return to “Soda”