Disappointed by the lack of Paka Paka and Mystery Minis news for 2021 so far

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
sylin

Disappointed by the lack of Paka Paka and Mystery Minis news for 2021 so far

Postby sylin » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:07 am

There hasn't been much revealed for upcoming Paka Pakas or minis this year.

Super disappointed.

mongoose12

Re: Disappointed by the lack of Paka Paka and Mystery Minis news for 2021 so far

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:12 am

might be a result from the production slow downs related to the pandemic...i'd be curious to see how the year ends vs how it started :)

billydarector

Re: Disappointed by the lack of Paka Paka and Mystery Minis news for 2021 so far

Postby billydarector » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:42 am

With Mandalorian and the Ultimate Princess soon out...there are still a few more sets to see and hunt for:

I think up next:

Deadpool
Lilo and Stitch
Space Jam
Crosses fingers for: Return of the Jedi minis (wishful)
ISO: Rare Mystery Minis, Retro Freddys
Over 1200 Mystery Minis and growing
Image Image

:freddy3:

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:02 am

Pretty sure one of the retailer leaked lists had a ton of stuff so I'm sure some announcements will be rolling out throughout the year.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

sylin

Postby sylin » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:02 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:Pretty sure one of the retailer leaked lists had a ton of stuff so I'm sure some announcements will be rolling out throughout the year.

What got leaked? All I remember seeing in a leak list is Mandalorian, Disney Princess, and Deadpool.

DFWFunkoHunter

Postby DFWFunkoHunter » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:15 pm

I felt there’s been less minis this year as opposed to other years. I wasn’t sure why but I’ve been quenching my mystery needs with sodas . I do miss the hunt to complete a line though that mini hunting provided

billydarector

Postby billydarector » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:33 am

sylin wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:Pretty sure one of the retailer leaked lists had a ton of stuff so I'm sure some announcements will be rolling out throughout the year.

What got leaked? All I remember seeing in a leak list is Mandalorian, Disney Princess, and Deadpool.

Lilo and Stitch: https://www.gamestop.com/toys-collectib ... 14093.html
Image Image

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:19 am

Mimic people above with the productions limitations brought about by the pandemic, as well as could be prioritization of Sodas in the pecking order in production given how popular they are right now.

Actually personally can't wait for more as well :)
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:16 pm

minis were my first Funko love, but the last few years haven't been kind to them. between lack of lines i actually care about, horrible ratios becoming more and more common and Soda being introduced they have really fallen away from the spotlight for me.

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:17 pm

Mr Yac wrote:minis were my first Funko love, but the last few years haven't been kind to them. between lack of lines i actually care about, horrible ratios becoming more and more common and Soda being introduced they have really fallen away from the spotlight for me.

110% unfortunately.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:35 pm

Yeah, I think production has been slow this year. I'm guessing stuff we got last year was done before the pandemic shut down.
It seems like there still incoming Mini lines, but I'm a little let down they all seem to be Disney related. I wish we got more variety, like the Dr. Seuss ones a couple years back. I'm sure there are people looking forward to the ones coming out, just seems like Disney properties have too much reach in the Minis line (and POP while I'm at it...). Don't get me wrong though, I like Disney stuff too, just wish there was more variety. I wish we'd get another Sci-Fi, Horror, FNaF, or other unique ones like The Office and other properties that don't get much merchandise.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." - John 3:16-17, KJV

Feel free to stop by my blog at https://tinytoyshelf.blogspot.com/!

Want To Buy: empty FNaF MM display cases | proto Springtrap MM | Horror MM S2 Hot Topic box

billydarector

Postby billydarector » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:44 pm

ShyGuyPal wrote:Yeah, I think production has been slow this year. I'm guessing stuff we got last year was done before the pandemic shut down.
It seems like there still incoming Mini lines, but I'm a little let down they all seem to be Disney related. I wish we got more variety, like the Dr. Seuss ones a couple years back. I'm sure there are people looking forward to the ones coming out, just seems like Disney properties have too much reach in the Minis line (and POP while I'm at it...). Don't get me wrong though, I like Disney stuff too, just wish there was more variety. I wish we'd get another Sci-Fi, Horror, FNaF, or other unique ones like The Office and other properties that don't get much merchandise.

Yup I agree. We had a Disney Princess line already not sure why they did that. Could've done a Prince line or Up, Ratatoulle, or MOTU, Transformers
Image Image

SpastikGrl

Postby SpastikGrl » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:59 pm

agreed!!

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:00 am

That's so true. There hasn't been announced this year :-k :-k :-k
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #SODAWasted
Facebook: Iz Salazar

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:22 am

I agree...here's hoping for some announcements/reveals/news, anything lol soon

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:00 am

Worse has been the distribution of the mini sets. They seem way more limited or hard to find lately! The mandalorian minis have have tougher to track down
Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:05 pm

billydarector wrote:Yup I agree. We had a Disney Princess line already not sure why they did that. Could've done a Prince line or Up, Ratatoulle, or MOTU, Transformers

Transformers would be really cool. I wonder with the new MOTU Netflix show coming out soon if they could release some around that time?
Poppin'

mactds

Postby mactds » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:34 pm

Hoping we get some more soon. Lately it has all been either pop or soda. Could use some more Paka Paka for sure!
Hi, I'm Trevor
Current Pop Count: 310
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mactds/

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:18 am

mactds wrote:Hoping we get some more soon. Lately it has all been either pop or soda. Could use some more Paka Paka for sure!

I actually broke down today and bought 4 of the Daisy Dukes Dogs pakas from sheer boredom. I figured why not, maybe I'll get a dragon (I did not!). So the dogs will get passed onto my god-daughter, who will think they are the cutest things ever. Really wish they'd just been regular dogs, I would've gone hard after a line like that!

As for minis, so far the only ones I want this year are the Deadpool minis. Normally by now, I'm looking forward to / dreading at least 3 mini lines, and knowing I'll get some surprises later in the year. While I'm enjoying the focus on sodas for now, I really hope minis and pakas don't fall off the radar for new stuff. I really enjoy the hunting and questing for a complete set!
Image ImageImage Image

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:41 am

Katers wrote:
mactds wrote:Hoping we get some more soon. Lately it has all been either pop or soda. Could use some more Paka Paka for sure!

I actually broke down today and bought 4 of the Daisy Dukes Dogs pakas from sheer boredom. I figured why not, maybe I'll get a dragon (I did not!). So the dogs will get passed onto my god-daughter, who will think they are the cutest things ever. Really wish they'd just been regular dogs, I would've gone hard after a line like that!

As for minis, so far the only ones I want this year are the Deadpool minis. Normally by now, I'm looking forward to / dreading at least 3 mini lines, and knowing I'll get some surprises later in the year. While I'm enjoying the focus on sodas for now, I really hope minis and pakas don't fall off the radar for new stuff. I really enjoy the hunting and questing for a complete set!

Seriously! The hot pants are no bueno!
It’s me Lynda

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:54 pm

billydarector wrote:
ShyGuyPal wrote:Yeah, I think production has been slow this year. I'm guessing stuff we got last year was done before the pandemic shut down.

Yup I agree. We had a Disney Princess line already not sure why they did that. Could've done a Prince line or Up, Ratatoulle, or MOTU, Transformers

I know it's usually based on licensing and such (which I'm sure is even more difficult to fill out 12-18 characters/variants for a mystery mini line than a normal pop release). But I do wish we got series 2s of existing sets sometimes. Like the Sailor Moon set is my absolute favorite, but there's no Tuxedo Mask :( I would love a second set that has other characters/villains.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:37 pm

RogueSolo wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:minis were my first Funko love, but the last few years haven't been kind to them. between lack of lines i actually care about, horrible ratios becoming more and more common and Soda being introduced they have really fallen away from the spotlight for me.

110% unfortunately.

For me the hunt is too difficult at this time. Hot Topic usually only gets one or two cases per store, and will only let you order 5 random ones online. Given there's a ton of 1/6s in each set and they are $8 or $9 EACH (unless there's Hot Cash or something), it's too risky to order blind. I wish Hot Topic or other stores with exclusives would let you buy a full case more often instead of this limit 5 business.
ISO Mystery Minis!
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Imagery
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby Imagery » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:16 pm

I'm honestly okay if they want to pull in the reins a bit — the fast and furious pace they were announcing stuff previously was overwhelming. I think there's still going to be more of each line rolled out in the remaining year, but at a potentially more manageable pace. Wish they'd do the same with other lines (ahem, Soda)
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

Jade-Rex

Postby Jade-Rex » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:22 pm

The last paka paka I absolutely needed were Boo Hollow. Super cute. The fruit bats are right up my alley as well. I don't mind a slow roll out. They seem to be going all in on Funko soda right now which I like but don't need. Seeing the photo a day for soda really highlighted some cool collections though!
Pop count: 300+ (lost count lol)
Dream Pop: Fantasy Barbarian Bakugo
ISO: Bakugo Proto, Picklez and Chester holo cards
Lines I Miss: Wetmore Forest, Boo Hollow

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:43 am

I like the Paka Paka because they are available online, and the ratios are a bit better so buying blind isn't so bad. I've gotten good luck when throwing a few in to get free shipping on Funko's site (got two dragons that way!). The price is more reasonable than minis too (those are usually $7 on Funko's site, I assume because of licensing costs).
ISO Mystery Minis!

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:43 am

Popfanatics wrote:
Katers wrote:

Seriously! The hot pants are no bueno!

The friend I was with, who is not a collector, even said she'd want one if they weren't wearing diapers. lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:47 am

kihou wrote:
RogueSolo wrote:

110% unfortunately.

For me the hunt is too difficult at this time. Hot Topic usually only gets one or two cases per store, and will only let you order 5 random ones online. Given there's a ton of 1/6s in each set and they are $8 or $9 EACH (unless there's Hot Cash or something), it's too risky to order blind. I wish Hot Topic or other stores with exclusives would let you buy a full case more often instead of this limit 5 business.

Sometimes it feels like the systems are honestly designed for us to fail. Between the ratios and weird ordering, you end up with SO many duplicates. And honestly, I don't need 12+ of any character, I don't care who they are. And then you get close, and you're one away from completing the set, and you have to go a little crazy to track down that one. Very frustrating. Though I'll admit, I do like looking at my completed sets when I'm lucky enough to get there!!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:52 am

Imagery wrote:I'm honestly okay if they want to pull in the reins a bit — the fast and furious pace they were announcing stuff previously was overwhelming. I think there's still going to be more of each line rolled out in the remaining year, but at a potentially more manageable pace. Wish they'd do the same with other lines (ahem, Soda)

I've enjoyed the break a bit with the slow-down. And hoping that when it picks back up again, they go with mini lines that I don't have to collect like a crazy person for! It's so nice to be relaxed about collecting at the moment.
Image ImageImage Image

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:45 am

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:I'm honestly okay if they want to pull in the reins a bit — the fast and furious pace they were announcing stuff previously was overwhelming. I think there's still going to be more of each line rolled out in the remaining year, but at a potentially more manageable pace. Wish they'd do the same with other lines (ahem, Soda)

I've enjoyed the break a bit with the slow-down. And hoping that when it picks back up again, they go with mini lines that I don't have to collect like a crazy person for! It's so nice to be relaxed about collecting at the moment.

Exactly. Sometimes wallets just need a break. I feel like MMs are still being released regularly, but spread over more fandoms so if it's not something you're interested in it feels like a longer break. I saw that the Disney Princesses were just released — but that's not going to appeal to everyone. Same with anime minis
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

keyese

Postby keyese » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:06 pm

Katers wrote:
kihou wrote:
RogueSolo wrote:110% unfortunately.

Sometimes it feels like the systems are honestly designed for us to fail. Between the ratios and weird ordering, you end up with SO many duplicates. And honestly, I don't need 12+ of any character, I don't care who they are. And then you get close, and you're one away from completing the set, and you have to go a little crazy to track down that one. Very frustrating. Though I'll admit, I do like looking at my completed sets when I'm lucky enough to get there!!

Pre-pandemic and pre-toddler I had more drive to hunting them all down (like driving to Hot Topic forty minutes away to try their boxes too), but with not going out much and trying to not take my son anywhere else, it's just not feasible for me. Maybe once things start opening up again, but even then it's just a lot of work to try to call and coordinate places that have the boxes and how many are left and assuming that if there are 8 or fewer left, they are probably the 1/6s. Also if they were like, $5 or cheaper like Paka Pakas I would be more inclined, but at $6-10 each (my comic shop marks up the specialty series ones a ton because they can), it's too high a risk. At least the comic store by me lets you swap with their pool of extras if you want (they did have a 1/24 I needed one time).

At this point I'm not even motivated enough to take pics of my extras and try to trade or sell, since I have so many and it's a lot of work. I was selling them for like $5 a piece at a local comic convention I could get a table at, but those are not happening this year either.

I still like getting some though, just not going to be as stickler about getting a full set as I used to be :)
ISO Mystery Minis!

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:56 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:

Exactly. Sometimes wallets just need a break. I feel like MMs are still being released regularly, but spread over more fandoms so if it's not something you're interested in it feels like a longer break. I saw that the Disney Princesses were just released — but that's not going to appeal to everyone. Same with anime minis

Yes, I thankfully need neither Disney nor Anime minis. Which is just as well since the sodas that I need are coming in HOT right now.

But I really do miss going for minis. I realized the other day that I'd gone to a Target without any of my usual collecting tools. I was so ill prepared! Didn't find any minis in store, which was just as well, honestly, but still a bit of a letdown!

I think the Deadpool ones are due mid-May, so I'll have to start mentally preparing for that one! So far none that I need, but knowing me, once I grab a few, I'll need to complete the set!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:01 am

kihou wrote:
Katers wrote:
kihou wrote:For me the hunt is too difficult at this time. Hot Topic usually only gets one or two cases per store, and will only let you order 5 random ones online. Given there's a ton of 1/6s in each set and they are $8 or $9 EACH (unless there's Hot Cash or something), it's too risky to order blind. I wish Hot Topic or other stores with exclusives would let you buy a full case more often instead of this limit 5 business.

Pre-pandemic and pre-toddler I had more drive to hunting them all down (like driving to Hot Topic forty minutes away to try their boxes too), but with not going out much and trying to not take my son anywhere else, it's just not feasible for me. Maybe once things start opening up again, but even then it's just a lot of work to try to call and coordinate places that have the boxes and how many are left and assuming that if there are 8 or fewer left, they are probably the 1/6s. Also if they were like, $5 or cheaper like Paka Pakas I would be more inclined, but at $6-10 each (my comic shop marks up the specialty series ones a ton because they can), it's too high a risk. At least the comic store by me lets you swap with their pool of extras if you want (they did have a 1/24 I needed one time).

At this point I'm not even motivated enough to take pics of my extras and try to trade or sell, since I have so many and it's a lot of work. I was selling them for like $5 a piece at a local comic convention I could get a table at, but those are not happening this year either.

I still like getting some though, just not going to be as stickler about getting a full set as I used to be :)

Yeah, collecting minis is a serious commitment, both in time and finances! I'm also lacking in motivation, and I'm blaming it on the past year. It's just so EASY to do all this online ordering! But I wouldn't want to do that regularly with minis, far too much chance of nothing but duplicates.

I'm hoping as we resume normalcy, so too will go my collecting habits!
Image ImageImage Image

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:29 am

It's been hard to find Minis in store!

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:03 pm

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:I've enjoyed the break a bit with the slow-down. And hoping that when it picks back up again, they go with mini lines that I don't have to collect like a crazy person for! It's so nice to be relaxed about collecting at the moment.

Yes, I thankfully need neither Disney nor Anime minis. Which is just as well since the sodas that I need are coming in HOT right now.
But I really do miss going for minis. I realized the other day that I'd gone to a Target without any of my usual collecting tools. I was so ill prepared! Didn't find any minis in store, which was just as well, honestly, but still a bit of a letdown!
I think the Deadpool ones are due mid-May, so I'll have to start mentally preparing for that one! So far none that I need, but knowing me, once I grab a few, I'll need to complete the set!

Haha, I have the same reaction when I go to the store without stuff and realize it's fine because I didn't need them anyway.

Good luck on the next set you go for. I think the last one I did was Alien Remix and managed to complete it without needing any help from the secondary market.

Right now, instead, I'm trying to find the last couple of Supernatural minis I'm missing and can still afford

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:43 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:Exactly. Sometimes wallets just need a break. I feel like MMs are still being released regularly, but spread over more fandoms so if it's not something you're interested in it feels like a longer break. I saw that the Disney Princesses were just released — but that's not going to appeal to everyone. Same with anime minis

Haha, I have the same reaction when I go to the store without stuff and realize it's fine because I didn't need them anyway.

Good luck on the next set you go for. I think the last one I did was Alien Remix and managed to complete it without needing any help from the secondary market.

Right now, instead, I'm trying to find the last couple of Supernatural minis I'm missing and can still afford

Thanks, I'll probably need it! The last set I did was the Venomized set, and I ended up ordering for in-store pickup for a friend across the country to pick up at his WM! And it WORKED! Doubt I'll get that lucky again, but it was nice while it lasted!

And good luck to you with the Supernatural set!
Image ImageImage Image

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:41 am

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:I've enjoyed the break a bit with the slow-down. And hoping that when it picks back up again, they go with mini lines that I don't have to collect like a crazy person for! It's so nice to be relaxed about collecting at the moment.

I can’t remember the last time target had a fresh box of minis.
It’s me Lynda

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:20 pm

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:Yes, I thankfully need neither Disney nor Anime minis. Which is just as well since the sodas that I need are coming in HOT right now.

Thanks, I'll probably need it! The last set I did was the Venomized set, and I ended up ordering for in-store pickup for a friend across the country to pick up at his WM! And it WORKED! Doubt I'll get that lucky again, but it was nice while it lasted!

That's a nice option to have! At least you're not bound by local shopping options and random online orders.

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat May 01, 2021 1:34 am

Popfanatics wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:Exactly. Sometimes wallets just need a break. I feel like MMs are still being released regularly, but spread over more fandoms so if it's not something you're interested in it feels like a longer break. I saw that the Disney Princesses were just released — but that's not going to appeal to everyone. Same with anime minis

I think the last box I saw at Target was for the office? It wasn't a set I was collecting, so I didn't pay much attention to it. Hopefully the next one I see, I'm prepared and it's something I want!

I would really love for Target to start carrying Paka Paka. They have snapsies, not sure why the Pakas aren't getting love!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat May 01, 2021 1:39 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:Haha, I have the same reaction when I go to the store without stuff and realize it's fine because I didn't need them anyway.

That's a nice option to have! At least you're not bound by local shopping options and random online orders.

Very nice - here's hoping it's a new trend. I'd never seen it before, and boy would it have been helpful during the Endgame madness! lol

Although now that I think about it, I did pre-order some of the Deadpool minis from WM online, so maybe they've decided to be nicer to us?
Image ImageImage Image

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Sat May 01, 2021 1:20 pm

Katers wrote:
Popfanatics wrote:
Katers wrote:

I think the last box I saw at Target was for the office? It wasn't a set I was collecting, so I didn't pay much attention to it. Hopefully the next one I see, I'm prepared and it's something I want!

I would really love for Target to start carrying Paka Paka. They have snapsies, not sure why the Pakas aren't getting love!

They're pretty scarce here. Paka Pakas are only available at a few places and Snapsies at one

Return to “Blind Bags”