Auotgraphing Pops?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
drtorch

Re: Autograph or not to autograph? That is the question!

Postby drtorch » Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:32 pm

Autograph for me all day! Unfortunately a lot of the Star Wars personalities have passed away :(

Baseman314

Postby Baseman314 » Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:33 pm

Lord Bacon wrote:
Baseman314 wrote:I love getting my pops signed. It gives me a great story to talk about. I have around 600+ total signed pops.

:eek: 600 signed pops? How do you display them all???

I have them in bookshelves everywhere
Pops: 6000+
Autographed Pops: 600+
Dorbz: 5
Rock Candy: 100
Mystery Mini: 300
Sodas: 150

IG: Mike_Funko_Collector

Yonsei13

Postby Yonsei13 » Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:39 pm

I'm a fan of getting autographs on pop boxes, but also haven't put much effort into getting them. It takes quite a bit of planning, so my signed collection is very small.
Image ImageImage

Alanamaslama

Postby Alanamaslama » Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:06 am

Yonsei13 wrote:I'm a fan of getting autographs on pop boxes, but also haven't put much effort into getting them. It takes quite a bit of planning, so my signed collection is very small.

Especially at big cons. I have to do a ton of research about schedules, put them all on a calendar, and see which ones I can postpone, sacrifice, etc.
Hey, I’m Alan!

First Pop: Notorious BIG #18
Most Recent Addition: Roy Mustang #393
Con/Event Checklist: Anime Expo (1x) // Comic Con Palm Springs (1x) // Comic Con Revolution Ontario (4x) // Fundays 2017 // Funkon 2021 // Los Angeles Comic Con (3x) // San Diego Comic Con (7x) // WonderCon (1x)

MissKitty

Postby MissKitty » Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:20 am

I only have Sid Krofft autographs. He's one of my favorite humans!

FerrisGuy3

Postby FerrisGuy3 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:57 pm

I enjoy getting pops autographed. For me it was better than getting the standard photo signed like I did early on. This way I can display them rather than the photos that are in a folder somewhere.
Hi, I’m Tom. Michigan Based Funatic collecting since 2014

chester
Hall of Fame Class of 2009
Hall of Fame Class of 2009

Postby chester » Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:20 pm

I would only want an autographed pop if I met the people in person.
Hello everyone! In case you don't know my name is Paul(Chester if your nasty)

Ryko87

Postby Ryko87 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:02 pm

I don’t own any autographed pops, I do have autographed and graded comics. I prefer getting the autographs in person then to buy them off someone. If I decide to finally get a pop signed, I want to meet the celebrity/artist when they sign the pop because i can get the chance to talk with that person and the signature means more to myself.

arnie

Re: Auotgraphing Pops?

Postby arnie » Sun May 07, 2023 10:35 am

IBC so I'd welcome it tbh.
Down the line makes it worth more if people care about it tbh.

mastakimchi

Postby mastakimchi » Sun May 07, 2023 1:48 pm

It sorta sucks that some celebs are charging extra if you have a funko pop signed.

MPF223

Postby MPF223 » Sun May 07, 2023 6:59 pm

I have around 175 signed pops at the moment mainly horror and 80’ and 90’s stuff i personally love it i feel like it gives a second reason to collecting funkos as well

KenGT8

Postby KenGT8 » Sun May 07, 2023 8:03 pm

I have a special section for all of my autographed Pops in my place, and preferred paint pens if possible.

El_PANDA

Postby El_PANDA » Sun May 07, 2023 9:31 pm

MPF223 wrote:I have around 175 signed pops at the moment mainly horror and 80’ and 90’s stuff i personally love it i feel like it gives a second reason to collecting funkos as well

That’s a lot of signatures your display must look awesome

Calico88

Postby Calico88 » Sun May 07, 2023 10:10 pm

love getting my fav pops signed and graded
FUNKO NYCC- 2017,2018,2019,2021,2022,2023,2024

Funko fright night 2 - 2022

Funko SDCC - 2023-2024

FUNDAYS- 2023 :freddy2:

MPF223

Postby MPF223 » Mon May 08, 2023 8:20 am

El_PANDA wrote:
MPF223 wrote:I have around 175 signed pops at the moment mainly horror and 80’ and 90’s stuff i personally love it i feel like it gives a second reason to collecting funkos as well

It was before i moved into my new house i have to bring alot out of storage when i do ill post a big pic

MPF223

Postby MPF223 » Mon May 08, 2023 8:52 am

El_PANDA wrote:

It was before i moved into my new house i have to bring alot out of storage when i do ill post a big pic

drtorch

Postby drtorch » Mon May 08, 2023 9:37 pm

Calico88 wrote:love getting my fav pops signed and graded

Me too. Problem is that a lot of the cast of Star Wars has passed away. I wish I had a Carrie Fisher pop and Kenny Baker pop signed. :freddy2: :freddy2: :freddy2: :freddy2: :freddy2:

Nooklin

Postby Nooklin » Mon May 08, 2023 10:02 pm

I won't pay more for a signed pop because the experience of getting it signed and meeting the person is where the value is for me.

Calico88

Postby Calico88 » Mon May 08, 2023 10:04 pm

drtorch wrote:
Calico88 wrote:love getting my fav pops signed and graded

Me too. Problem is that a lot of the cast of Star Wars has passed away. I wish I had a Carrie Fisher pop and Kenny Baker pop signed. :freddy2: :freddy2: :freddy2: :freddy2: :freddy2:

take advantage of the oppertunitys you have now im trying for marks auto one day maybe on his purple 1k le designer con pop
FUNKO NYCC- 2017,2018,2019,2021,2022,2023,2024

Funko fright night 2 - 2022

Funko SDCC - 2023-2024

FUNDAYS- 2023 :freddy2:

xViperTd

Postby xViperTd » Mon May 08, 2023 10:35 pm

For me, I love meeting voice actors or real actors to my favorite celebrities / characters! But at the same time, the majority of them charge way too much now and it has reduced the enjoyment for me because it makes me feel a bit taken advantage of. For example, many used to sign for free so long as it was personalized, but now most charge EVEN MORE to do anything on Pop! Items specifically.
I work in Dermatology, so Yes, I brought sunscreen to Camp Fundays! (;
Fav fandoms: Overwatch, Star Wars, SAO, ATLA, LOTR! O:)

SDCC: 2014-Present (*This will be my first time scoring all 5 days!!!)
Other events: Headquarters grand opening, Hollywood grand opening, Northern Cali local meets!
Fundays 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023

Over 1500 Funko products and counting!
ISO: SAO, ATLA, and (not so) Mystery Mini Protos of above fav fandoms *pray*

Kixxx90

Postby Kixxx90 » Tue May 09, 2023 11:52 am

I used to love getting my pops signed. I go to a couple conventions a year (FIRST TIME SDCC THIS YEAR!!!!) And I still bring a couple pop of my favorite Characters but lately Voice actors are charging 3-4 times what they were charging precovid. I remember when 30$ was the high end of voice actor autos and alot of times the cons I went to had free signings. Its still fun to meet some of my childhood voices growing up but Ive moved on from POP to try and get cool set pieces done. I got a custom Avatar board made last year that I got the cast to sign last year.
Nice to meet you I'm Thomas

Kixxx90

Postby Kixxx90 » Tue May 09, 2023 11:54 am

xViperTd wrote:For me, I love meeting voice actors or real actors to my favorite celebrities / characters! But at the same time, the majority of them charge way too much now and it has reduced the enjoyment for me because it makes me feel a bit taken advantage of. For example, many used to sign for free so long as it was personalized, but now most charge EVEN MORE to do anything on Pop! Items specifically.

I see your from Sac, Ive been to every sacanime for the last 10 years I remember when Autos were free and now VA's charge extra for Pop signings. It really hurts the wallet lol.
Nice to meet you I'm Thomas

Dv8sian

Postby Dv8sian » Tue May 09, 2023 3:54 pm

I love Autograph pops! Every time i see Mike Becker I get a pop signed :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

AutumnsToyz

Postby AutumnsToyz » Tue May 09, 2023 3:59 pm

Nooklin wrote:I won't pay more for a signed pop because the experience of getting it signed and meeting the person is where the value is for me.

Agreed! My wife is a huge Back to the Future fan and when I saw Christopher Lloyd signing at a local con, I jumped at the opportunity to get his signature. Just seeing my wife's reaction when it got to our turn was priceless.

Hi, I'm Jimmy (Formerly CalPolyIdiot)

IG: AutumnsToyz
Twitter: AutumnsToyz
Twitch: twitch.tv/autumnstoyz
DP Wallet: AutumnToy.dp
Wax Wallet 5w3rg.wam

Total Pops: I lost count after 1000
ISO: Freddy Funko's and Disney
My collection: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/po ... diot?order

ImageImageImage

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Tue May 09, 2023 4:04 pm

Dv8sian wrote:I love Autograph pops! Every time i see Mike Becker I get a pop signed :D

I only have Pop’s signed by him. Sometimes I feel like a big paint pen signature on the front, takes away from the Pop and the signature itself. I get it though.
Hi! I’m Eric

akagalar

Postby akagalar » Wed May 10, 2023 12:16 am

Kixxx90 wrote:
xViperTd wrote:For me, I love meeting voice actors or real actors to my favorite celebrities / characters! But at the same time, the majority of them charge way too much now and it has reduced the enjoyment for me because it makes me feel a bit taken advantage of. For example, many used to sign for free so long as it was personalized, but now most charge EVEN MORE to do anything on Pop! Items specifically.

I see your from Sac, Ive been to every sacanime for the last 10 years I remember when Autos were free and now VA's charge extra for Pop signings. It really hurts the wallet lol.

Don't forget some of them are now charging up to $20 extra for a quote also.
Image Image

jcrook

Postby jcrook » Wed May 10, 2023 12:51 am

Kixxx90 wrote:

And not only does the wallet hurt but I can’t tell you the hours sometimes I have spent waiting to get an autograph.
Funko Fundays 2017
FunKon 2021
SDCC 2017, 2018, 2022

I go by Crook

Alanamaslama

Postby Alanamaslama » Wed May 10, 2023 1:01 am

akagalar wrote:
Kixxx90 wrote:

Don't forget some of them are now charging up to $20 extra for a quote also.

Someone in a FB group I’m in said one person charged for per word for long quotes.

Rob Liefeld (comic artist, Deadpool creator) has charged differently depending on the type of signature (basic signature vs his “logo” signature) and has a whole menu of little add-ons to charge more.
Hey, I’m Alan!

Con/Event Checklist: Anime Expo (1x) // Comic Con Palm Springs (1x) // Comic Con Revolution Ontario (4x) // Fundays 2017 // Funkon 2021 // Los Angeles Comic Con (3x) // San Diego Comic Con (7x) // WonderCon (1x)

Alanamaslama

Postby Alanamaslama » Wed May 10, 2023 1:04 am

jcrook wrote:
Kixxx90 wrote:

And not only does the wallet hurt but I can’t tell you the hours sometimes I have spent waiting to get an autograph.

I’m going to a con in a few weeks and there’s a cast signing I’ve been looking forward to. I have a large metal print to get signed, but it’s going to be 10 people. I have no idea if they’ll be separate lines or what. I just know it’s going to be a lot of waiting.
Hey, I’m Alan!

sushiguru

Postby sushiguru » Wed May 10, 2023 1:24 am

have fun at the con!

jcrook

Postby jcrook » Wed May 10, 2023 1:40 pm

Alanamaslama wrote:
jcrook wrote:
Kixxx90 wrote:I see your from Sac, Ive been to every sacanime for the last 10 years I remember when Autos were free and now VA's charge extra for Pop signings. It really hurts the wallet lol.

I’m going to a con in a few weeks and there’s a cast signing I’ve been looking forward to. I have a large metal print to get signed, but it’s going to be 10 people. I have no idea if they’ll be separate lines or what. I just know it’s going to be a lot of waiting.

Best of Luck and hopefully it would be the same line but I guess it depends on if they are being advertised on their own or from their current project.
I know when I have gotten autographs from former Power Rangers, they were separate lines.
Funko Fundays 2017
FunKon 2021
SDCC 2017, 2018, 2022

I go by Crook

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Wed May 10, 2023 1:41 pm

Nooklin wrote:I won't pay more for a signed pop because the experience of getting it signed and meeting the person is where the value is for me.

Exactly, however the only way I’d buy it is if I don’t have the opportunity to get one in person. I’d want a COA of course
Collecting since 2014: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

IG: @FreddyFunKoncept and @ronaldo_rey_

Image Image Image Image

Alanamaslama

Postby Alanamaslama » Wed May 10, 2023 3:59 pm

jcrook wrote:
Alanamaslama wrote:
jcrook wrote:

Best of Luck and hopefully it would be the same line but I guess it depends on if they are being advertised on their own or from their current project.
I know when I have gotten autographs from former Power Rangers, they were separate lines.

Thanks! I’m kinda guessing separate lines since it won’t be free. Three of the cast members announced their prices and they have different prices from one another (one of them charging a premium for pops signed).
Hey, I’m Alan!

jarjar124

Postby jarjar124 » Wed May 10, 2023 4:00 pm

It means so much more to see the person sign in front of you. It just means the world too when they talk to you while doing so.

jcrook

Postby jcrook » Wed May 10, 2023 6:59 pm

It is awesome if they have the time to talk to you but usually also depends on how long their lines are. But yeah, if you paying money you feel like you should be able to have 1-2 minutes of their time
Funko Fundays 2017
FunKon 2021
SDCC 2017, 2018, 2022

I go by Crook

friskykillface

Postby friskykillface » Thu May 11, 2023 1:18 am

When Conan signed my pop at sdcc he was great, he chatted with us if we asked him questions but a lot of people just kept asking him to sign their pops.

I should do more meet and greets are cons and get their autographs.
Hey, take care and have an awesome day.
I wish I knew how to add a gif/pic to my signature lol

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Thu May 11, 2023 7:26 am

So we ve been trying to collect all signatures from the Demon Slayer cast. I have gotten all except Sanemi, Gyomei, Tokito, Muzan and Rui.
:smt027 Trujitsu Ninja
Interest pops Demon Slayer and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

Cjcapone85

Postby Cjcapone85 » Thu May 11, 2023 7:40 am

I don’t like sigs unless I get it in person. I only have 1 pop signed. It was Johnny Yong Bosch. My boy was almost 2 at the time and it was a great experience to have with him
Chad
First Pop! Bought in 2014 Glow Super Saiyan Goku
Fundays- ‘22
SDCC- 2014-still counting!!

Dashey10

Postby Dashey10 » Thu May 11, 2023 4:21 pm

I'm for autographs on pops. I got a few signed when I went to Wondercon a few months ago!

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Thu May 11, 2023 4:22 pm

friskykillface wrote:When Conan signed my pop at sdcc he was great, he chatted with us if we asked him questions but a lot of people just kept asking him to sign their pops.

I should do more meet and greets are cons and get their autographs.

It’s sad that he’s not a part of it anymore, it was one of the highlights of going
Collecting since 2014: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

IG: @FreddyFunKoncept and @ronaldo_rey_

Image Image Image Image

Return to “Pop!”