Game of Thrones Legacy Figures (Pictures)

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
Cristina
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Re: Game of Thrones Legacy Figures (Pictures)

Postby Cristina » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:19 pm

Regarding Tyrion - it seems like he's only available on B&N.com right now. There's no in store pickup option for him, like there is for all the others. Also, the Hound is not on the website at all...maybe there are in store cases and internet cases?
Cristina

2014 Spirit Award!

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:20 pm

Naw. All cases will be the same. But he might be an exclusive only to the site, for now
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

Cristina
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby Cristina » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:27 pm

Yeah, I just saw Brian's answer to your question in the other thread. Guess they decided to have some only online.
Cristina

2014 Spirit Award!

TCM Hitchhiker

Postby TCM Hitchhiker » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:36 pm

Pumpkin King wrote:BN.com

Hey no s***? TCM! Damn long time man!

Yeah man, way too long, good to see you around. The ReAction figures brought me here.

Not sure why I used Green Arrow for my name on this board, I kinda wanted something new/different, regretted it almost immediately after I joined. Haha

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:43 pm

You can change it, pm FFjim

Yeah, my gawd, that was ages ago. So good to see you again!
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

TCM Hitchhiker

Postby TCM Hitchhiker » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:56 pm

Nice, just PMed him.

Yeah man, years. I still float around on message boards, but not as many, and not as much. Mego Museum, Fwoosh, Rebel Scum, still even stop over to the Unreal Spawn board from time to time. Really great to see you too, and great to see you are still collecting!

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:58 pm

Yeah I am still on a few boards. But never on spawn.com any more.
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

Mad4toys1963

Postby Mad4toys1963 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:42 pm

I just ordered the entire set from B&N website. I just could not resist when I found out what was coming for series 2(Brienne & Arya!) I had to search the site for The Hound & White Walker though...they did not come up with the rest when I searched initially.
KIM

Horror * GoT * Walking Dead * AHS * Orphan Black * OITNB * Freddy

Poe Ghostal

Postby Poe Ghostal » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:44 pm

Pumpkin King wrote:True dat Poe.

Don't I know you from the Mcfarlane boards...or maybe it was Mezco?

Could be either. I was on the McFarlane boards from 1998-2002 or so (for Movie Maniacs), and the Mezco boards from 2003-2005 or so (for Hellboy mostly). I've been running my own blog since 2007 and that's where most of my toy discussion is these days.
Jubal Early for Firefly Legacy!

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:48 pm

Thought that was the same guy. Good to see you again
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

TulaBug

Postby TulaBug » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:50 pm

Mad4toys1963 wrote:I just ordered the entire set from B&N website. I just could not resist when I found out what was coming for series 2(Brienne & Arya!) I had to search the site for The Hound & White Walker though...they did not come up with the rest when I searched initially.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/-Funko- ... of+Thrones

For anyone else that might need help.
Stacey

SPIRIT AWARD 2013

Mad4toys1963

Postby Mad4toys1963 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:54 pm

TulaBug wrote:
Mad4toys1963 wrote:I just ordered the entire set from B&N website. I just could not resist when I found out what was coming for series 2(Brienne & Arya!) I had to search the site for The Hound & White Walker though...they did not come up with the rest when I searched initially.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/-Funko- ... of+Thrones

For anyone else that might need help.

Thanks Stacey! I think they altered the search terms for them since I ordered them. I had to go hunting for the Hound & White Walker earlier. O:)
KIM

TCM Hitchhiker

Postby TCM Hitchhiker » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:31 pm

Pumpkin King wrote:But never on spawn.com any more.

Is that forum even still around? I haven't been on that forum for many, many years now. Still talk to some of the old people from it though, Joranthalus, Tablehead, etc.

Back in my PC days (late 90's/early 2000's) I used a Evil Dead chainsaw cursor that I believe was made by you Poe Ghostal? Hahaha, so weird I even remember that.

I was also on the Mezco boards from around 2007 on. I have done a lot of photography for them.

Poe Ghostal

Postby Poe Ghostal » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:17 pm

TCM Hitchhiker wrote:Back in my PC days (late 90's/early 2000's) I used a Evil Dead chainsaw cursor that I believe was made by you Poe Ghostal? Hahaha, so weird I even remember that.

Oh, quite possibly! I did make a few of those. Some of those old hands are still around at the Unreal Spawn Board: http://www.unrealspawnboard.com/
Jubal Early for Firefly Legacy!

Cristina
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby Cristina » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:22 pm

Tyrion, Ned, the Hound & the White Walker are all currently sold out on B&N.com...

These are going to do really well.
Cristina

2014 Spirit Award!

TulaBug

Postby TulaBug » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:23 pm

Cristina wrote:Tyrion, Ned, the Hound & the White Walker are all currently sold out on B&N.com...

I'm sure a lot were bought to flip and trade. I hear trading it really big in the action figure world.
Stacey

SPIRIT AWARD 2013

Mad4toys1963

Postby Mad4toys1963 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:40 pm

Cristina wrote:Tyrion, Ned, the Hound & the White Walker are all currently sold out on B&N.com...

Glad I bought them when I did. I'm sure, though, once all the hoopla dies down they will be readily available again. I just have no patience! LOL
KIM

Cristina
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby Cristina » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:44 pm

Mad4toys1963 wrote:

Glad I bought them when I did. I'm sure, though, once all the hoopla dies down they will be readily available again. I just have no patience! LOL

I used up all my restraint not overpaying on EBay lol And you're right - they will be everywhere.

Did the upcoming Brienne of Tarth figure push you over the edge? I know you were on the fence about collecting a new line.
Cristina

2014 Spirit Award!

Blake85

Postby Blake85 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:52 pm

I might buy these instead of the got pop line.

But waitin to see the other legacy lines releasing.
Def buying the horror line!
Follow me on instagram @popwars and @gojirawars

ISO : Resident Evil Protos :
Jill Valentine , Hunter , Licker , Leon S Kennedy

Legion Of Boom
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby Legion Of Boom » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:26 pm

I ordered Tryion this morning...glad I did before the first batch sold out.
name's Av

Instagram - @av.cruz // Twitter - @avcruz76

IG & Twitter - @averagenerdpod

Fundays 2014 - Fundays 2015 - Fundays 2016 - Fundays 2017 - Fundays 2018 - Fundays 2019 - Fundays 2022 - Fundays 2023
Fright Night 2016 - Fright Night II 2022

FDO8SF 2018 - FDO9SAC 2023
"Making Fun" World Premiere - Hollywood 2018
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening 2019
FunKon 2021 - FunKon 2022

Agent 86

Postby Agent 86 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:55 pm

nickclark89 wrote:Funko... Love of my life. Now I need Xena/Hercules figures and I'll be your b*tch all life. OH GODDESS

+ 1. I need a decent Xena and Gabrielle to ride into battle along with Dany, Arya and Brienne!
XENA: Warrior Princess AND Gabrielle: Battling Bard deserve to be immortalised in plastic as Funko Pops!

Mad4toys1963

Postby Mad4toys1963 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:04 pm

Cristina wrote:
Did the upcoming Brienne of Tarth figure push you over the edge? I know you were on the fence about collecting a new line.

Haha! It did!!!! Am I that predictable?? LOL As soon as I saw that she was going to be in series 2 I hopped right off that fence straight into Legacy land! Feels good to finally commit. lol
KIM

punksraven

Postby punksraven » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:36 pm

Picked up a set minus tyrion. White walker, hound, and Ned all snapped out of the box. Hounds foot, white walkers shoulder, and Ned's hand. Daenerys elbow was frozen. I freed it but the soft plastic started to tear. This clear plastic blows. DCD has had the same issues for years. It's a shame because the detail on these GoT figures is outstanding.

therealdub

Postby therealdub » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:02 pm

punksraven wrote:Picked up a set minus tyrion. White walker, hound, and Ned all snapped out of the box. Hounds foot, white walkers shoulder, and Ned's hand. Daenerys elbow was frozen. I freed it but the soft plastic started to tear. This clear plastic blows. DCD has had the same issues for years. It's a shame because the detail on these GoT figures is outstanding.

You mean they broke?

amartinii

Postby amartinii » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:19 pm

I couldn't decide if I wanted to start collecting these but now that they're sold out I regret not getting them. :(
Aaron

Are you a Louisiana Pop! Collector?
Join our FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/607029369393216/

Cristina
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby Cristina » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:21 pm

They're only sold out online. They are still available in stores (or will be Saturday, depending on whether or not management is honoring the street date).

And next month, they'll be everywhere, not just Barnes & Noble.
Cristina

2014 Spirit Award!

Mad4toys1963

Postby Mad4toys1963 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:48 pm

punksraven wrote:Picked up a set minus tyrion. White walker, hound, and Ned all snapped out of the box. Hounds foot, white walkers shoulder, and Ned's hand. Daenerys elbow was frozen. I freed it but the soft plastic started to tear. This clear plastic blows. DCD has had the same issues for years. It's a shame because the detail on these GoT figures is outstanding.

Very sorry to hear this....but this news has just solidified my decision to keep the packaging in tact and display the figures in box.
KIM

TheHedgeKnight

Postby TheHedgeKnight » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:27 pm

I've read about many people reporting issues with joints ( loose joints or completely broken) and some issues with paint apps, this worries me a bit but I hope that soon Funko fix these problems. How about your figures, do you have any articulation or paint apps issues?
Once you’ve accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you...

donndonn

Postby donndonn » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:42 pm

Picked up a whole set today! One store only had Tyrion.

JonWes

Postby JonWes » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:52 pm

They had them at my local B&N according to the site. I went there, but they still had them in the back. Which means I didn't get to search through paint apps as I'd hoped. But she brought me out one of each (minus Tyrion, which they didn't have.) She said they have a display which is supposed to be coming soon that these go on, which is why they weren't out yet.

I still have one set of four and one set of all six coming from B&N.com. LOL. I just got impatient and wanted them NOW! I'll just take back the ones I don't need.

First up: some fun I had in our company parking lot, in a bit snow drift:

Overall, these are really lovely figures. Very solid construction (for the most part), the weapons are not floppy, but hard plastic. The sheathes work. The soft plastic is INCREDIBLY pliable. It's kind of amazing. It doesn't feel squishy, but feels "drier" somehow (if that makes sense) than the very soft plastic that some people use. Not sure how it'll stand up over time, but it's amazing right now. Figure breakdown:

Jon Snow - His beard isn not painted too well, but maybe I'll just fix that if I don't see a better one. I actually think he looks a good amount like Kit Harrington. If anything, a little more darkness around the eyes might have helped. His eyes are a bit thin as it is. His sword is great. Gleaming silver. The wolf's head on the end is a little soft, though. Not sure if the paint obscured some of the detail or what, there. Paint and detailing is mostly amazing. The snow is a bit iffy. No stuck joints at all.

Ned - Mine has a chip in his nose, but the paint on his body and detailing is perfect. So I had planned to do a head swap if the paint on another body isn't so great, but sadly his wrist broke off. He looks a ton like Sean Bean to me, but he also has a badly painted beard. Not as bad as Toy Biz's first Aragorn, but not great either.

The Hound - LOVE this figure. He just looks impressive, and his swords are great. The helmet works amazingly well, and I'll probably display him that way. All my joints were fine EXCEPT the ankle joints which were stuck.

The White Walker - the joints were stiff but came loose with just gentle movement. One of my favorites of the line, to be honest. Incredible, vivid sculpt. Love the sculpt of his hands and the way he can hold his spear, which has a transparent tip!

Danerys - the sad story of the bunch. My face paint was pretty darn good, really. She looked much more like Danerys than I expected from online pictures. However, I noticed that her right arm seemed odd. The lower arm was backward, so I turned it around. I turned quite freely... because the peg was broken. It looked like they tried to shove the peg in while the paint was still wet and had a big gloop of flesh tone on the end. So, the joint wasn't all the way in AND it was impossibly encased in paint. I doubt heating it would have even helped. So I wait until Friday for her. Loved the way the dragon sat on her shoulder, though.

kennykillek

Postby kennykillek » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:56 pm

Mad4toys1963 wrote:

Very sorry to hear this....but this news has just solidified my decision to keep the packaging in tact and display the figures in box.

Why not buy two Briennes? One to keep in the package and one to pose? You know you want to.

Also, as excited as I am for this line, this news of brittle clear joints is really bothering me and the paint on the face is just absolutely not up to snuff. I hope these complaints will make it back to the higher-ups at Funko. If they could fix the quality of paint and plastic, they'd have a real winner on their hands, because everything else here is excellent

JonWes

Postby JonWes » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:08 pm

The figures are SO good in so many ways, but I think to perfect them they should:

1.) Get rid of the clear plastic pegs. Clear (like the crystal clear stuff used here) plastic usually equals more brittle plastic. I'd be interested to hear the reasoning behind using this plastic, actually, because black plastic would probably be cheaper and less prone to breakage.

2.) Use a slightly better glue. A few of my issues were purely caused by some weak glue. Easily fixed with some super-glue of my own, but not everyone will want to mess with it.

AND a BIG one:

3.) Make sure the factory is letting all the components dry fully before assembly to avoid the locked joints. This might be contributing a lot to breakage.

Those are my big things. I actually think, other than the beards which are iffy, the paint is pretty good on the faces. A little refinement to likenesses (I think the sculpts are mostly there, the paint is just throwing it off) would be fine, but I like the quality overall.

Amazing range of movement. And they look lovely together.

kennykillek

Postby kennykillek » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:05 pm

JonWes wrote:The figures are SO good in so many ways, but I think to perfect them they should:

1.) Get rid of the clear plastic pegs. Clear (like the crystal clear stuff used here) plastic usually equals more brittle plastic. I'd be interested to hear the reasoning behind using this plastic, actually, because black plastic would probably be cheaper and less prone to breakage.

2.) Use a slightly better glue. A few of my issues were purely caused by some weak glue. Easily fixed with some super-glue of my own, but not everyone will want to mess with it.

AND a BIG one:

3.) Make sure the factory is letting all the components dry fully before assembly to avoid the locked joints. This might be contributing a lot to breakage.

Those are my big things. I actually think, other than the beards which are iffy, the paint is pretty good on the faces. A little refinement to likenesses (I think the sculpts are mostly there, the paint is just throwing it off) would be fine, but I like the quality overall.

Amazing range of movement. And they look lovely together.

Wow, those do look great! And the face paint on your Ned and Daenerys are particularly great, you really lucked out! This guy's Ned is not lookin' so hot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMRja3TfQyU so I really hope Funko improves their paint QC in the future.

JonWes

Postby JonWes » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:07 pm

Yeah, I was really happy with all my paint apps overall, besides some iffy beards. Ned actually has a little chip in his nose (was like that in package) so I hope I can find a good replacement. The paint on his body is perfect, though. I actually thought my Dany face was really good, too, and actually looked more like Emilia Clarke in person than I'd seen in other pics. So if I can get a non-broken elbow one, I may do a head swap.

Return to “Action Figures”