Huck Bank Extravaganza!

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).
jayfunk3

Re: Huck Bank Extravaganza!

Postby jayfunk3 » Thu May 01, 2014 6:25 pm

That Huck Bank haul is BLAZING!

Congrats Scotty! :geek: :bootyshake:

gruppetstudios

Postby gruppetstudios » Thu May 01, 2014 8:55 pm

awesome! its a rainbow of huck!
I'm the Gruppeteer! I host Cartoons VS Cancer! I like Pokemon a LOT!
(The portraits in the top left and right corners were done by Rob Renzetti and Mr. Warburton respectively!)

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Fri May 02, 2014 4:54 pm

Dinobuzz wrote:OMG Scott! Major congrats...where are you going to put alllllll of them?? :D

There's always room for Hucks. Temporary solution is on the shelf right behind my desk in my den; I actually have room there. But, long-term, I'm going to build a shadowbox for the colored white-base Hucks and hang it on the wall across from my desk so I can look at them all the time. The remaining 4 can go in the cabinets where my original Huck banks were. That's my plan and I'm sticking to it.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone.
Image Image
2013 Rookie of the Year - COTM May 2014

dustman94
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby dustman94 » Fri May 02, 2014 6:54 pm

CONGRATS SCOTT

Thenycbulldog

Postby Thenycbulldog » Thu May 08, 2014 10:37 am

Scotty3333 wrote:Today was one of those days you don't think is really possible. I've been in search of an extra color Huck bank for about a year now. One would have been enough to make me extremely happy.

Well, as you know from the Museum sales section, my dear friend Jim decided to thin out his amazing collection of over-sized pieces. I am honored to be able to include 6 of his Huck banks in my collection. I NEVER thought I'd be able to post a picture like this :cheers:

The back row is what was already in my collection. The front row is what I picked up from Jim. The red Huck with the blue bowtie and blue base is a 1 of 3 and the color opposite of the 1 of 3 dark blue Huck with the red bowtie and base (the only one I'm missing now).

I have to thank Stacey for being so persistent I get these. I also have to thank Carol for conspiring with Stacey and yielding the proto to me; I wanted Carol to have it.

Huckleberry Hound rules!!!

Very nice collection - Congrats. I'm new to the wacky wobblers and I haven't been able to get a Huckleberry in any color. It is a amazing collection - my hope, someday I would be able to get at least one...in any color.

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Thu May 08, 2014 1:07 pm

Thenycbulldog wrote:Very nice collection - Congrats. I'm new to the wacky wobblers and I haven't been able to get a Huckleberry in any color. It is a amazing collection - my hope, someday I would be able to get at least one...in any color.

You can always find the regular Huck Wacky Wobbler (7"; light blue) on ebay and other online retailers.

Everyone should have a Huck :D
Image Image

PintSizeHulk
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby PintSizeHulk » Fri May 09, 2014 8:20 am

Thats epic! Congrats Scott.
Chris
Instagram: PintSizeHulk

:happy1:
F.K.A vinyl addict / Hulk Smashington

akaSID
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby akaSID » Sun May 11, 2014 3:11 pm

That's an awesome collection of Huck's, Scotty...congrat's!
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Thenycbulldog

Postby Thenycbulldog » Fri May 16, 2014 7:53 pm

Scotty3333 wrote:
Thenycbulldog wrote:Very nice collection - Congrats. I'm new to the wacky wobblers and I haven't been able to get a Huckleberry in any color. It is a amazing collection - my hope, someday I would be able to get at least one...in any color.

You can always find the regular Huck Wacky Wobbler (7"; light blue) on ebay and other online retailers.

Everyone should have a Huck :D

I did - huck is the best ....

Funko Pop! Fan16

Postby Funko Pop! Fan16 » Fri May 16, 2014 8:52 pm

Congrats Scott on the set, they all look wonderful!
Jonathan is HERE!
ImageImageImageImage

haydenstorm
Hall of Fame Class of 2021
Hall of Fame Class of 2021

Postby haydenstorm » Fri May 16, 2014 9:14 pm

Nice Scott!
John
Proud host of F.D.O. 6 ,and F.D.O. 7, F.D.O.8

GermanCollector

Postby GermanCollector » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:33 am

Awesome Collection! Congrats. 1 Bought my first one few Days in Germany. I never thought i'd be able to call one my own. I have the standard blue one with a red base.

Does anyone have any ideas where i could get some others? Is there anyone on the forum who might want to sell some? Getting one in 2022 and then from Germany is bordering on an impossible task.

Greetings from Germany!
GermanCollector aka HB Lover <3
I am happy to get in touch with other collectors and exchange ideas. I love Funko, Hanna-Barbera, Lego, Disney and much more :). Many greetings from Germany!

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:43 am

Congrats Scott! They look amazing!
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:02 pm

GermanCollector wrote:Awesome Collection! Congrats. 1 Bought my first one few Days in Germany. I never thought i'd be able to call one my own. I have the standard blue one with a red base.

Does anyone have any ideas where i could get some others? Is there anyone on the forum who might want to sell some? Getting one in 2022 and then from Germany is bordering on an impossible task.

Greetings from Germany!

Hallo aus den USA. Congrats on getting any Huck bank. Even the common blue you have is not easy to find anymore--especially in Deutschland. The other colors are very limited in number: LE6's mostly, but also an LE3, 4, 7, and 8. Very hard to find. Good luck with your hunt.

This post is from 8 years ago. Eventually I did get the last Huck bank, the dark blue LE3 with red base. Here's a more recent picture of my Hucks for you. Until about a week or two ago, I was Huck complete. I knew it wouldn't last. Now I have to track down the neon soda and chase, the NFT grail Huck, and the Brian Mariotti PoP with him holding a mini Huck. I love a good hunt!!

Image Image

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:58 pm

Scotty wrote:
GermanCollector wrote:Awesome Collection! Congrats. 1 Bought my first one few Days in Germany. I never thought i'd be able to call one my own. I have the standard blue one with a red base.

Greetings from Germany!

Hallo aus den USA. Congrats on getting any Huck bank. Even the common blue you have is not easy to find anymore--especially in Deutschland. The other colors are very limited in number: LE6's mostly, but also an LE3, 4, 7, and 8. Very hard to find. Good luck with your hunt.

This post is from 8 years ago. Eventually I did get the last Huck bank, the dark blue LE3 with red base. Here's a more recent picture of my Hucks for you. Until about a week or two ago, I was Huck complete. I knew it wouldn't last. Now I have to track down the neon soda and chase, the NFT grail Huck, and the Brian Mariotti PoP with him holding a mini Huck. I love a good hunt!!

Love the updated pic. They look amazing Scotty!
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

Serch_na

Postby Serch_na » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:17 pm

Scotty wrote:

Greetings from Germany!

What a great collection
NYCC 2022
Deadpool - Photography - Mexican

GermanCollector

Postby GermanCollector » Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:45 am

Scotty wrote:Hallo aus den USA. Congrats on getting any Huck bank. Even the common blue you have is not easy to find anymore--especially in Deutschland. The other colors are very limited in number: LE6's mostly, but also an LE3, 4, 7, and 8. Very hard to find. Good luck with your hunt.

Scotty, thank you so much for this incredibly beautiful photo, it makes me so happy! And also thank you that you even wrote a little in German! Your collection makes even me happy! And yes, the hunt is beautiful, but to catch the prey even more beautiful! I hope I will soon find more plugs and bubble banks via the forum, Facebook or Ebay International. Attached a photo of some of my treasures. However, 80% is in boxes for lack of space. I hope it works out at the beginning of next year with a move to a larger apartment to present my collectibles much better!

Many Greets from Germany
GermanCollector aka HB-Lover <3
I am happy to get in touch with other collectors and exchange ideas. I love Funko, Hanna-Barbera, Lego, Disney and much more :). Many greetings from Germany!

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:47 am

You have a great collection. I love your Yogi Bear Soaky shampoo bottle - that has great color. I've actually been looking for one of those. They're hard to find in the right price range with that much color on them.

Why are you a Hanna-Barbera fan? An older guy who grew up with it (like me) or a younger guy who just has good taste? lol
Image Image

GermanCollector

Postby GermanCollector » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:29 pm

Scotty wrote:You have a great collection. I love your Yogi Bear Soaky shampoo bottle - that has great color. I've actually been looking for one of those. They're hard to find in the right price range with that much color on them.

Why are you a Hanna-Barbera fan? An older guy who grew up with it (like me) or a younger guy who just has good taste? lol

Thank you very much! That makes me very happy to hear! I cross my fingers that you find a beautiful yogi. From Yogi I also want to have so much!

You should rather ask me why Huckleberry Hound has done it to me so much ... Because I can't explain that. I was born in 1987. In Germany the perfect time for cartoons. 90s-00s ran so much good cartoon. Both new ones, which are classics today (Duck Tales, Chip'n'Dale, Batman Animated Series, Animaniacs etc), and reruns of classics like Flintstones, Scooby Doo, Yogi Bear, Captain Caveman, Jetsons. I loved all of these! And my passion for old cartoons and collecting has lasted through all the years and brought me here today. Unfortunately, many HB series ran in the late 60s early 70s on German TV and the dubbed versions are officially lost. Although I own everything in English, but one longs for what one knows from childhood so. Quick Draw, Huck and Squiddly Diddly were on German TV, but you can't even find an old snyctrack ANYWHERE. The same is true for newer cartoon series. James Bond Jr. or Samurai Pizza Cats were aired at one time, but have since disappeared due to licensing rights. James Bond Jr. I have fortunately 62 of 65 episodes in German. How my love for Huckleberry Hound has arisen I can really explain zero! I only know when "Making Fun" was available on Netflix Germany about 3 years ago, I freaked out when I saw that Brian (who up to that point as a German Funko collector, was not familiar) is a Huck and HB collector. Generally to see all these great collectors and their treasures. My heart has risen. Until 3 years ago it was actually not so easy to get good Funko stuff here in Germany. There were very few suppliers, everything very umprofessionell, high prices, broken boxes, etc.. To get exclusive stuff outside of Ebay or US dealers who ship to DE was also almost impossible. Funko US has not even shipped to Germany. So many beautiful things have gone through my rags. Meanwhile, Funko but has a DE / EU store. In general, you are poorly positioned as a collector in Germany (no matter what area). England, Italy, France or the Netherlands are much better positioned in Europe. And if you import something from the U.S. will be expensive. The best example is the Funko Cereals. A package on eBay USA costs about 10-20$. Huck Cereals often 10$. With shipping and customs I end up paying around 40-45$. And so it goes with every collectible. For the 4 old Huck glass bottles I think I paid 150$. With all the trimmings, I think it ended up being $250.

In short, you can say I'm a younger guy (35y) with good taste who grew up with it. :D

If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them and I'm also grateful for any info/news/story!

GermanCollector aka HB-Lover <3

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:46 pm

Scott, you have an amazing collection. =D> =D>
Hi. I'm Jeanne (Go by Gina).
I like Nightmare Before Christmas and anything else that catches my eye :)
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

[b]Fundays:2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020[/b]
Funko Fright Night2016
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9
https://i.ibb.co/wg3cKBx/hJXGyyX.png

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:13 am

Thank you Gina ;-)

G.C., well, you certainly have good taste. My prime cartoon-watching years were in the mid-to-late 60's and the early 70's, so Hanna-Barbera and Looney Tunes were my favorites. I always loved Huckleberry Hound as a character even though his cartoons weren't my favorites to watch. I actually liked Yogi Bear, Snagglepus, and Quick Draw cartoons more than the Huckleberry cartoons. I just always liked the little blue hound; I was also a member of the Huckleberry Hound Fan Club as a kid, so I'm sure that added to Huck being my favorite. I know some other international collectors and understand the frustration of getting the pieces you want and the high cost. I certainly wouldn't have what I have if I lived outside the U.S. Good luck with your future hunting. Tschuβ
Image Image

GermanCollector

Postby GermanCollector » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:50 pm

Scotty wrote:.G.C., well, you certainly have good taste. My prime cartoon-watching years were in the mid-to-late 60's and the early 70's, so Hanna-Barbera and Looney Tunes were my favorites. I always loved Huckleberry Hound as a character even though his cartoons weren't my favorites to watch. I actually liked Yogi Bear, Snagglepus, and Quick Draw cartoons more than the Huckleberry cartoons. I just always liked the little blue hound; I was also a member of the Huckleberry Hound Fan Club as a kid, so I'm sure that added to Huck being my favorite. I know some other international collectors and understand the frustration of getting the pieces you want and the high cost. I certainly wouldn't have what I have if I lived outside the U.S. Good luck with your future hunting. Tschuβ

I know exactly what you mean! I loved the Yogi cartoons or the Jetsons <3 But still, Huckleberry Hound by HB has become my favorite along with Snugglepuss and Fred Flintstone or Marvin the Martian. Tomorrow, Friday, is my 4 year friendship anniversary with a dear collector friend. She showed me today what I get. Her 2 Funkovision from the Flintstones and 2 old PEZ dispensers from the Flintstones <3. The hunt is fun, but sometimes it is also nice when the prey voluntarily lies in front of you :D. If you need help with the yogi, let me know. It's an old german article.

Many greetings
German Collector aka HB-Lover <3

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:31 pm

WOW love the collection photos G.C. and Scotty!!!!!
Wow Scotty, the Hucks look so great all together like that. And good luck on the hunt for those recent additions. Are you going to buy the NFT card for the space huck? Or wait for people to get it in hand after redeeming their card/ coin.
And G.C. I wish I could display my stuff as nice as you!! I love that Funkovision of Scooby/ Shaggy/ Phantom Shadow. Thats such an awesome one
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

GermanCollector

Postby GermanCollector » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:26 am

FireEmblemZack wrote:WOW love the collection photos G.C. ...
And G.C. I wish I could display my stuff as nice as you!! I love that Funkovision of Scooby/ Shaggy/ Phantom Shadow. Thats such an awesome one

Thank you very much! I am sure that both of us will do something positive in the next year, which concerns the presentation of our treasures! Yes absolutely! I'm glad I got the Funkovision back then. Was one of my first Funko items!

PS: I also try to get an NFT Physical Huck, aber next year for a lot of money via Ebay.com :S

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:01 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:WOW love the collection photos G.C. and Scotty!!!!!
Wow Scotty, the Hucks look so great all together like that. And good luck on the hunt for those recent additions. Are you going to buy the NFT card for the space huck? Or wait for people to get it in hand after redeeming their card/ coin.

I keep eyeing the market place for an NFT, but may wait until they hit the streets. With 999 of them, the prices are definitely too high at the moment. That will settle down - I hope [-o<
Image Image

Return to “Wacky Wobblers”