"UNRELEASED" Battle Damage Mark II Color Reject Wobbler

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).
AleX-Men

"UNRELEASED" Battle Damage Mark II Color Reject Wobbler

Postby AleX-Men » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:55 pm

Yo,
I was using the wayback machine to look at an older item on gemini collectibles, and I stumbled upon something peculiar under the rarities section (this if from a link leading to the gold kiss vinyl invader in 2012). Here's what the site reads (copied and pasted):

FUNKO IRON MAN MARK II BATTLE DAMAGED WACKY WOBBLER - NEVER MADE
IRON MAN MARK II BATTLE DAMAGED WACKY WOBBLER
THIS IS A COLOR REJECT THAT WAS NEVER MADE
NEW IN IRON MAN BOX
APPROXIMATELY 7 INCHES TALL

I cannot upload an image, as there is no image of it on the wayback machine from the link I used. I would accept this is an unreleased pop, though there is some conflicting info. The battle damaged Mark 2 grey scale did end up releasing, as a Costco exclusive (the name of it is even on the sticker). Here is a link to an image of it:

https://www.pinterest.cl/pin/8266217065 ... LIENT_ID(_)&mweb_unauth_id=%7B%7Bdefault.session%7D%7D&from_amp_pin_page=true

There's even an old forum post with someone talking about how they saw it at the store, as well as the two other Costco iron man exclusives:

viewtopic.php?t=19527

This is all long before I started collecting, so I am not sure how this wobbler's release was handled. Was it a mistake? Is this a prototype? Is it different from the Costco release? Any help would be great. I will also provide a link to this 2012 site (you will have to wayback the link and go to page one of the funko rarities section for it to work). Thanks JAFO for making this original link 8 years ago, as I may have not been able to make this crazy post without the link lol :

https://www.geminicollectibles.net/serv ... BOT/Detail
Hi, I'm Alex. I started collecting Funko in 2016, and love Wacky Wobblers, Hikari, Pop!, and Spastik Plastik! I love superheroes, basketball, collecting, drawing, and having fun. I also love attending conventions like E3, LACC, and DesignerCon.

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Re: "UNRELEASED" Battle Damage Mark II Color Reject Wobbler

Postby BigM » Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:06 pm

I can’t remember the whole story about it or how many are even made or who has it. There’s a couple extremely rare Iron Man out there.

Abe is more knowledgeable about this than I am and maybe this is the piece.

MyLittleFunkos wrote:
BigM wrote:
cacacabeza wrote:Does anybody own a CWO 1 of 12 (Reg or GITD Chase)?

Yes. 12 people do. :D. ;-)

LOL! Don't be that way, Mickey! :D

To add to this- I own a 1/1 Iron Man wobbler that is one of the more special pieces in my IM collection.
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:53 pm

BigM wrote:I can’t remember the whole story about it or how many are even made or who has it. There’s a couple extremely rare Iron Man out there.

Abe is more knowledgeable about this than I am and maybe this is the piece.

MyLittleFunkos wrote:
BigM wrote:

Yes. 12 people do. :D. ;-)

LOL! Don't be that way, Mickey! :D

To add to this- I own a 1/1 Iron Man wobbler that is one of the more special pieces in my IM collection.

Thanks! Also, is Abe the one who owns the 1/1 from this chat?
Hi, I'm Alex. I started collecting Funko in 2016, and love Wacky Wobblers, Hikari, Pop!, and Spastik Plastik! I love superheroes, basketball, collecting, drawing, and having fun. I also love attending conventions like E3, LACC, and DesignerCon.

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:44 pm

Costco for the win you can get a rotisserie chicken and a wacky wobbler

Grab the best pic I could for you Image
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:41 pm

NCDS wrote:Costco for the win you can get a rotisserie chicken and a wacky wobbler

Grab the best pic I could for you Image

Yep that’s the one! Thanks! Now I just have to find out how this differed from the gemini one.

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:20 pm

So the piece on the top left is the “color reject.” I did not originally purchase this item but it was passed along to me by Poncho Pete. The piece in the box is the production piece and the top right is the chase.

This wasn’t the piece that I mentioned I have that is 1/1. It’s another reject I have :D
I'm Abe

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:26 pm

MyLittleFunkos wrote:Image

So the piece on the top left is the “color reject.” I did not originally purchase this item but it was passed along to me by Poncho Pete. The piece in the box is the production piece and the top right is the chase.

This wasn’t the piece that I mentioned I have that is 1/1. It’s another reject I have :D

So sorry MLF, the image is not showing. Is there another way to see the color reject?

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:30 pm

Does this work?
I'm Abe

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:55 pm

Does this work?

YES IT DOES :compress:

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:57 pm

AleX-Men wrote:

Does this work?

YES IT DOES :compress:

Also, what happened to its box, and what is this other color reject you have?

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:10 pm

I don’t know what happened to the box. I didn’t ask/care since it came from a legit collector. There is a slight variation in color from the production pieces so I don’t doubt it being legitimate.

The other reject is a Mark 2 chase. I’ll have to dig it out of the shelf to take a picture tomorrow. It’s a really cool piece that is hard to explain. You’ll need to see a picture.
I'm Abe

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:34 pm

MyLittleFunkos wrote:I don’t know what happened to the box. I didn’t ask/care since it came from a legit collector. There is a slight variation in color from the production pieces so I don’t doubt it being legitimate.

The other reject is a Mark 2 chase. I’ll have to dig it out of the shelf to take a picture tomorrow. It’s a really cool piece that is hard to explain. You’ll need to see a picture.

Thank you so much! These really should be added to the price guides!

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:52 pm

Does this work?

What a good read and nice set of Iron Man. Interesting though how they have 2 different bases. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:49 pm

Tusken wrote:

Does this work?

What a good read and nice set of Iron Man. Interesting though how they have 2 different bases. :freddy3:

One on left is gemini and one on right is costco chase.

Nis_chac

Postby Nis_chac » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:15 am

Love stories like this!
Violin is life :-({|=
Heading to NYCC 2022- Friday badge!
https://www.instagram.com/phunko_fotography
ImageImage

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:49 pm

Nis_chac wrote:Love stories like this!

I’ll try to keep them coming! :bounce:

Nis_chac

Postby Nis_chac » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:35 pm

AleX-Men wrote:

I’ll try to keep them coming! :bounce:

Please do!
Violin is life :-({|=
Heading to NYCC 2022- Friday badge!
https://www.instagram.com/phunko_fotography
ImageImage

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:12 am

Geez, what an old and rare piece.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:52 am

MyLittleFunkos wrote:I don’t know what happened to the box. I didn’t ask/care since it came from a legit collector. There is a slight variation in color from the production pieces so I don’t doubt it being legitimate.

Hey Mark, did you by any chance happen to find the reject mark 2 chase? If not, I do not intend on rushing you and I wish that you take your time.

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:05 pm

Me too
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

Return to “Wacky Wobblers”