Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).

What's Next

Star Wars
47
35%
Pez
40
30%
Figures With Hats
26
20%
Music
20
15%
 
Total votes: 133

User avatar
renardchua
Posts: 3275
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:21 am
Location: Manila, Philippines
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby renardchua » Tue May 04, 2021 7:02 am

Thanks, Scotty!

For this week, I’ll share a day early, just for the occasion - May The 4th be With You always! ;)

Image
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Tusken
Posts: 6060
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:19 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby Tusken » Wed May 05, 2021 9:35 am

renardchua wrote:Thanks, Scotty!

For this week, I’ll share a day early, just for the occasion - May The 4th be With You always! ;)

Image


I think those are pretty cool. Love how most of them are angry like and a different way to stand. Nice set. :freddy3:
Top Fan Badge Holder of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz :freddy3:

Image Image Image Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year
Posts: 2516
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:41 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby Scotty » Wed May 05, 2021 3:56 pm

.
Since I missed the last two Wednesdays, I looked for something different to post.

I present "Naked Alex"

Smart Alex is the name of a greeting card/giftware company out of Chicago. It's owned by a funatic named Jarkbark. In 2003, he had Funko make up some Wobblers for him, a standard colored version, a black and white version, and a naked version. The next year he had a GITD version made. At the time, and maybe even still, this was the only fully assembled (with a spring) Wobbler proto. Naked Alex is an LE 12.

Image

Here are the others in the set. That's what a normal Wobbler proto looked like.

Image

By the way, his body should look a bit familiar; it's the same body used in a couple of the Zombie Lounge Wobblers.
The Smart Alex came first; then a few years later Funko reused the body mold for their own original designs (I believe with Jarkbark's permission).

Image
Image
2013 Rookie of the Year - COTM 5/14

User avatar
BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM
Posts: 5291
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:02 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby BigM » Wed May 05, 2021 6:31 pm

May the 4th be with you Renard!

Great to see you post again Scotty! Always like the history behind the pieces. The zombie lounge set is so fun.

I’ll do another Star Wars one this week.

Image
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17
Image

User avatar
renardchua
Posts: 3275
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:21 am
Location: Manila, Philippines
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby renardchua » Thu May 06, 2021 12:13 pm

Will mimic what Mickey has said, more than the toys, it's the story behind this pieces makes the Wobbler line special, IMO.

Thank you for the stories, Scott! Can't' wait to hear more of them. :)
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

User avatar
willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month
Posts: 4772
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:19 pm
Location: Toronto, ON

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby willy wonka » Thu May 06, 2021 12:47 pm

BigM wrote:May the 4th be with you Renard!

Great to see you post again Scotty! Always like the history behind the pieces. The zombie lounge set is so fun.

I’ll do another Star Wars one this week.

Image




Love this one from the new ones, This and Iron man were my favorite. man I miss wobblers..
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

User avatar
Tusken
Posts: 6060
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:19 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby Tusken » Fri May 07, 2021 2:09 pm

BigM wrote:May the 4th be with you Renard!

Great to see you post again Scotty! Always like the history behind the pieces. The zombie lounge set is so fun.

I’ll do another Star Wars one this week.

Image


Looks like Robin is keeping a close eye on Leia. Another great Star Wars post. Thanks for the share M. :freddy3:
Top Fan Badge Holder of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz :freddy3:

Image Image Image Image
Image
Image

User avatar
SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year
Posts: 2655
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:01 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby SpaceDude » Sat May 08, 2021 12:44 am

Some awesome shares everyone, love the Smart Alex Scotty! It is always awesome hearing about the history behind a piece!! Great share for sure!! Mickey and Renard awesome shares as well! I can't wait to share more when I get back home from vacation! Some awesome shares this week everyone! Looking forward to seeing what everyone has to share next Wednesday! Have a great Weekend Everyone!! Don't Forget to smile! \:D/
-Wobble On my friends!!
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Facebook: Tate McCarty
Image ImageImageImage Image

User avatar
renardchua
Posts: 3275
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:21 am
Location: Manila, Philippines
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby renardchua » Wed May 12, 2021 11:38 am

Another classic for this week’s Wobbler Wednesday!

Fireman! Are there any variants for this?

And would you know the back story behind the “Niddle Noddle” - was it just a wordplay for Wacky Wobbler?

Image

Wobble on, guys!
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

User avatar
BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM
Posts: 5291
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:02 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby BigM » Wed May 12, 2021 12:25 pm

renardchua wrote:Another classic for this week’s Wobbler Wednesday!

Fireman! Are there any variants for this?

And would you know the back story behind the “Niddle Noddle” - was it just a wordplay for Wacky Wobbler?

Image

Wobble on, guys!



Good start! There is another variant of this where he’s wearing a yellow jacket instead. Someone else may be able to explain your second part.
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17
Image

User avatar
BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM
Posts: 5291
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:02 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby BigM » Wed May 12, 2021 8:17 pm

Well, I’ll contribute to keep this going.

Kiki the Freaky Tiki!!

Image
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17
Image

User avatar
Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year
Posts: 2516
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:41 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby Scotty » Thu May 13, 2021 8:01 pm

Here's what I know about the Fireman, often called Fireboy in the early days.

He was made exclusively for the Nodderguy for his line of bobbleheads called "Niddle Noddle." The Nodderguy had a website (nodderguy.com) and he was an early retailer of bobble heads and wacky wobblers (he sold his web site - and business? - in 2003). Niddle Noddle was a branding name for his exclusive bobbleheads, sort of like wacky wobblers for Funko. Only 3,000 black-jacketed Fireboys were made and 480 wearing yellow-jackets. Funko also produced exclusively for Nodderguy the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus.

Here's an old pic with the pair of Firemen in it.

Image
Image
2013 Rookie of the Year - COTM 5/14

User avatar
InternationalPopper
Posts: 2725
Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 1:48 am
Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby InternationalPopper » Thu May 13, 2021 8:04 pm

Scotty wrote:Here's what I know about the Fireman, often called Fireboy in the early days.

He was made exclusively for the Nodderguy for his line of bobbleheads called "Niddle Noddle." The Nodderguy had a website (nodderguy.com) and he was an early retailer of bobble heads and wacky wobblers (he sold his web site - and business? - in 2003). Niddle Noddle was a branding name for his exclusive bobbleheads, sort of like wacky wobblers for Funko. Only 3,000 black-jacketed Fireboys were made and 480 wearing yellow-jackets. Funko also produced exclusively for Nodderguy the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus.

Here's an old pic with the pair of Firemen in it.

Image
.

Sweet. Love seeing these early collections. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
- InternationlPopper - :freddy2:

User avatar
TJLAUTERBACH
Posts: 2683
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:43 pm
Location: Baltimore

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Thu May 13, 2021 8:32 pm

Scotty wrote:Here's what I know about the Fireman, often called Fireboy in the early days.

He was made exclusively for the Nodderguy for his line of bobbleheads called "Niddle Noddle." The Nodderguy had a website (nodderguy.com) and he was an early retailer of bobble heads and wacky wobblers (he sold his web site - and business? - in 2003). Niddle Noddle was a branding name for his exclusive bobbleheads, sort of like wacky wobblers for Funko. Only 3,000 black-jacketed Fireboys were made and 480 wearing yellow-jackets. Funko also produced exclusively for Nodderguy the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus.

Here's an old pic with the pair of Firemen in it.

Image


Nice back story. But I'm loving those Rat Finks!
Image

User avatar
BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM
Posts: 5291
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:02 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby BigM » Fri May 14, 2021 9:05 am

Scotty to the rescue for the history! I forgot the run sizes of them but I didn’t know the backstory behind the name either. Thanks for sharing.
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17
Image

User avatar
renardchua
Posts: 3275
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:21 am
Location: Manila, Philippines
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby renardchua » Sat May 15, 2021 1:26 am

Thanks a lot for the story, Scott! Now will try to find the other Fireboy variant, as well as the Santa and Easter Bunny. :)

Thanks as well, Mickey for your inputs, appreciate it! :)
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

User avatar
SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year
Posts: 2655
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:01 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby SpaceDude » Mon May 17, 2021 1:33 am

How cool Scotty thank you for the story! I never knew that about the Fireboy and the other variant how coo! Those Rat Finks are pretty cool too!! Mickey the Kiki TIki is super cool as well!! Looking forward to posting this coming Wednesday! Been so awesome seeing everyone's awesome shares each week while I was on vacation! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Facebook: Tate McCarty
Image ImageImageImage Image

User avatar
SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year
Posts: 2655
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:01 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby SpaceDude » Tue May 18, 2021 2:01 am

Hey everyone, Happy Wobbler Wednesday! I am finally back from vacation and have been super excited to start sharing again! For this week I want to share my small Peek-a-boo pop up collection! This series was released in 2004 and is definitely super unique! I have to say out of all of the ones that were made I definitely think the Alien in my favorite! I hope you all have been well! Can’t wait to see what everyone has to share this week! Have a great rest of your week everyone, the weekend is almost here!! Don’t forget to smile! ;-)
-Wobble On!
Image
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Facebook: Tate McCarty
Image ImageImageImage Image

User avatar
Tusken
Posts: 6060
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:19 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby Tusken » Tue May 18, 2021 9:24 am

SpaceDude wrote:Hey everyone, Happy Wobbler Wednesday! I am finally back from vacation and have been super excited to start sharing again! For this week I want to share my small Peek-a-boo pop up collection! This series was released in 2004 and is definitely super unique! I have to say out of all of the ones that were made I definitely think the Alien in my favorite! I hope you all have been well! Can’t wait to see what everyone has to share this week! Have a great rest of your week everyone, the weekend is almost here!! Don’t forget to smile! ;-)
-Wobble On!
Image


Thank you for the share Tate. I really like how death is holding a cake and looks so happy to do so. Get set though and super unique. I've never seen them before. :freddy3:
Top Fan Badge Holder of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz :freddy3:

Image Image Image Image
Image
Image

User avatar
BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM
Posts: 5291
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:02 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby BigM » Tue May 18, 2021 10:00 am

SpaceDude wrote:Hey everyone, Happy Wobbler Wednesday! I am finally back from vacation and have been super excited to start sharing again! For this week I want to share my small Peek-a-boo pop up collection! This series was released in 2004 and is definitely super unique! I have to say out of all of the ones that were made I definitely think the Alien in my favorite! I hope you all have been well! Can’t wait to see what everyone has to share this week! Have a great rest of your week everyone, the weekend is almost here!! Don’t forget to smile! ;-)
-Wobble On!
Image



Good to see you post again! The alien is my favorite of them too.
But they aren’t wobblers and it’s not Wednesday yet. ;-)

Thanks for sharing though! It’s always good to see some old school Funko.
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17
Image

User avatar
renardchua
Posts: 3275
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:21 am
Location: Manila, Philippines
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby renardchua » Wed May 19, 2021 9:13 am

Happy Wobbler Wednesday again to all! :)

This week, it's He-Man's turn!

Noticed also on the box that the He-Man Wobbler was released 2012, which celebrates it's 30th anniversary.

Am expecting a huge chunk of merch for the MOTU line next year to celebrate it's 40th anniversary!

Cheers!

Image
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Tusken
Posts: 6060
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:19 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby Tusken » Wed May 19, 2021 10:28 am

renardchua wrote:Happy Wobbler Wednesday again to all! :)

This week, it's He-Man's turn!

Noticed also on the box that the He-Man Wobbler was released 2012, which celebrates it's 30th anniversary.

Am expecting a huge chunk of merch for the MOTU line next year to celebrate it's 40th anniversary!

Cheers!

Image


The new he-man looks pretty cool that is coming out on Netflix. Wonder what Funko has instore for us. Great share on the Wobbler. :freddy3:
Top Fan Badge Holder of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz :freddy3:

Image Image Image Image
Image
Image

User avatar
BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM
Posts: 5291
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:02 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby BigM » Wed May 19, 2021 6:43 pm

Thanks for sharing Renard!

Going old school today along with Tate. Surfer Dude with the Sdcc exclusive.


Image


May try to do something different and fun next week for those that post in here (and maybe lurk).
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17
Image

User avatar
Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year
Posts: 2516
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:41 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby Scotty » Mon May 24, 2021 11:06 am

Very nice pieces.

Tate, I love the Peek-a-boo Pop Up line (Mickey's right, not Wobblers, but they do have a spring--so, 1st cousins)

The Surfer Dude is classic--but soooo ugly (LOL). Love the swim trunks on the SDCC excl though.
Image
2013 Rookie of the Year - COTM 5/14

User avatar
SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year
Posts: 2655
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:01 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby SpaceDude » Tue May 25, 2021 10:24 pm

Scotty wrote:Very nice pieces.

Tate, I love the Peek-a-boo Pop Up line (Mickey's right, not Wobblers, but they do have a spring--so, 1st cousins)

The Surfer Dude is classic--but soooo ugly (LOL). Love the swim trunks on the SDCC excl though.


Thank you Scotty! I do agree with you and Mickey I got so excited to post that I didn't even think that they were not Wobbler related, I think we can settle on 1st cousins! lol lol lol Sorry about doing that.
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Facebook: Tate McCarty
Image ImageImageImage Image

User avatar
renardchua
Posts: 3275
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:21 am
Location: Manila, Philippines
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby renardchua » Wed May 26, 2021 9:12 am

Happy Wobbler Wednesday, everyone!

For this week, I’ll keep it short and sweet. Was just doing some inventory and noticed that I have 3 different box variants for the classic Batman Wobbler ;)

Image
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Tusken
Posts: 6060
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:19 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby Tusken » Wed May 26, 2021 10:37 am

renardchua wrote:Happy Wobbler Wednesday, everyone!

For this week, I’ll keep it short and sweet. Was just doing some inventory and noticed that I have 3 different box variants for the classic Batman Wobbler ;)

Image


Good set...so one is Keaton, Kilmer and Clooney? LOL :freddy3:
Top Fan Badge Holder of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz :freddy3:

Image Image Image Image
Image
Image

User avatar
FireEmblemZack
Posts: 3504
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:18 am
Location: Vancouver, WA
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby FireEmblemZack » Wed May 26, 2021 6:53 pm

Image
Awesome Batman Renard!
It was one of my first wobblers, came from a Batman collector who had a ton of Batman Funko items.
Mine is the long title variation it looks like. I think it had a Target price sticker on it that came off.
:freddy3: Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

User avatar
BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM
Posts: 5291
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:02 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby BigM » Wed May 26, 2021 7:50 pm

Didn’t realize there were that many Batman boxes. I think it had a longer run than some others which could explain it. Thanks for sharing!

Not my favorite Terminator movie but love the Wobbler and Funko Force (not a wobbler I know but at least it has a spring too) We can call it a first cousin as well lol .

Image
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17
Image

User avatar
SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year
Posts: 2655
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:01 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby SpaceDude » Wed May 26, 2021 11:52 pm

BigM wrote:Didn’t realize there were that many Batman boxes. I think it had a longer run than some others which could explain it. Thanks for sharing!

Not my favorite Terminator movie but love the Wobbler and Funko Force (not a wobbler I know but at least it has a spring too) We can call it a first cousin as well lol .

Image


Awesome share pal! Yep that is what we will start doing calling it 1st cousin if it has a spring! lol lol lol
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Facebook: Tate McCarty
Image ImageImageImage Image

User avatar
SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year
Posts: 2655
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:01 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby SpaceDude » Wed May 26, 2021 11:56 pm

Hey all, Happy Wobbler Wednesday some great shares this week! I have been looking forward to posting! For this weeks share I want to share my Comic Con 2005 Proto Series Huckleberry Hound! I appreciate how unique this wobbler is! Huckleberry has always been one of my favorite characters in the Hanna-Barbera universe! I hope you all have been well! The weekend is almost here! Don’t forget to smile! \:D/
-Wobble On!
Image
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Facebook: Tate McCarty
Image ImageImageImage Image

User avatar
BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM
Posts: 5291
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:02 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby BigM » Thu May 27, 2021 1:15 pm

Nice wobbler Tate! Scotty will be happy once he sees this.
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17
Image

User avatar
Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year
Posts: 2516
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:41 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby Scotty » Thu May 27, 2021 7:56 pm

.
HUCKLEBERRY HOUND RULES!!!

Great post Tate! What can be better than that? (If I ever finish editing my collection post, I might be able to show you ;-) )

Nice posts everyone. Cool T-600s Mickey. Nice Bat Boy Zack. The Wobbler is pretty cool; but I've always found the picture of Bat Boy on the box a bit creepy.

Renard, you know your collection is getting x-large when you "notice" you have 3 box variants :roflmao:
Image
2013 Rookie of the Year - COTM 5/14

User avatar
Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year
Posts: 2516
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:41 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby Scotty » Thu May 27, 2021 8:07 pm

.
A day late. No surprise there.

Since Tate put me in the H. Hound mood, here are my favorite Huck Wobblers. I guess I didn't need to post a pic since they're in my signature. Oh well, you can never have too many Hucks.

Image

For those not familiar with this colorful set of Hucksters, here's the original post from Brian to explain:

by Brian@Funko » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:45 am: Ok, time to help others. As some of you know, I have an addiction to all that is Huckleberry Hound. I have over 50 Vintage 1960's-1970's Huckleberry Hound vinyl figures from all over the world in my HB Collection. I also have some very rare Huck Hound Wobblers...It all started a few years back when Mike Becker made me a( only 3 ever produced) Red Huck and a Blue Huck and Huck Pez. Well Huck got lonely in my office and since then, I have produced him so buddies! Funko made a few (12 each to be exact) Huck in Green, Orange, Pink, Purple, Yellow and Black and White. I have handed a few of these colored Huck's out to friends and for a couple of charity causes, so there is only a few of these floating around in public. So a real chance to own a rarity! Now please note, that these are not painted Huck's...These are fully colored plastic..meaning that color is the plastic itself and cannot be faked! The pictures don't do them justice! So the only ones for auction are the ones with arrows..not the Red or the Blue or the Huck Pez. I will do a sort of silent auction. Where people can email me at brian@funko.com with your bid...Please name which Huck color you want. Bidding will end at Noon PST on Tuesday Sept.6th. Just for CLARIFICATION, there is ONLY ONE HUCK AVAILABLE PER COLOR... ALL PROCEEDS will go to Red Cross relief for the Hurricane victims. Please only bid what you can spare, do not go into debt to buy these...The high bidder can either paypal or send a cashier check to Funko. In the event a bidder backs out, then second highest bidder and their bid would win, and so on. I will post periodic updates on who is the high bidder. Names will be withheld if requested. So lets help out... Brian.

Image

HERE ARE THE WINNING BIDS! Thanks so very much! I really apprecaite all the effort on the many bids I received! You guys have great hearts!
Green Huck- $350
Yellow Huck- $350
Purple Huck- $350
Pink Huck- $350
Orange Huck-$350
B/W Huck- $600
Image
2013 Rookie of the Year - COTM 5/14

User avatar
FireEmblemZack
Posts: 3504
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:18 am
Location: Vancouver, WA
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby FireEmblemZack » Thu May 27, 2021 8:32 pm

WOW, love those Huck Wobblers Scotty!!! And very cool history piece to go along with them. I think the Black/White one is my favorite of that image. Orange and Yellow are also really cool looking colors for the wobbler
:freddy3: Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

User avatar
SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year
Posts: 2655
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:01 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby SpaceDude » Sat May 29, 2021 3:14 am

WOW, how awesome thanks for the great share Scotty! That is so awesome those were auctioned off for a charity going to a good cause! How lucky are you to own those! I have to say I think my favorite is the green one!! =D> =D> =D>
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Facebook: Tate McCarty
Image ImageImageImage Image

User avatar
D4nnym4n123
Posts: 444
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:56 pm
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby D4nnym4n123 » Sat May 29, 2021 3:53 pm

Scotty wrote:
D4nnym4n123 wrote:
Scotty wrote:
I don't actively collect PoP anymore, except for Huck.

Any specific reason behind that?


We used to have a ton of PoP in the house (over 500). I collected Star Wars, Halo, and DC while my wife, when she collected, had a rather large collection herself. However, my first love has always been the Wobblers and other Becker-era lines. Then my wife stopped collecting and sold everything. I liquidated all my PoP (except Huck) to make room for an ever-growing collection of Wobblers and other, newer lines. Don't get me wrong, I really like PoP, especially Disney and Harry Potter, but I'm an organization freak and my collection has to be contained in a specific space--without looking like an episode from Hoarders. You can see my collection at this link viewtopic.php?f=10&t=97328, which better explains it.

Of course, never say never. :D


XD
Happy Hunting everybody! And may the force and Freddy gods be with you!
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
SDCC 19'
ECCC Virtual Con 20'
Show me that funko love and follow my twitch please? https://m.twitch.tv/d4nnym4n

Image

User avatar
renardchua
Posts: 3275
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:21 am
Location: Manila, Philippines
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby renardchua » Sun May 30, 2021 7:55 am

Great story behind the Huck Wobblers! ;)

Thanks for the share, Scott!
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Tusken
Posts: 6060
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:19 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby Tusken » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:25 am

Scotty wrote:.
A day late. No surprise there.

Since Tate put me in the H. Hound mood, here are my favorite Huck Wobblers. I guess I didn't need to post a pic since they're in my signature. Oh well, you can never have too many Hucks.

Image

For those not familiar with this colorful set of Hucksters, here's the original post from Brian to explain:

by Brian@Funko » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:45 am: Ok, time to help others. As some of you know, I have an addiction to all that is Huckleberry Hound. I have over 50 Vintage 1960's-1970's Huckleberry Hound vinyl figures from all over the world in my HB Collection. I also have some very rare Huck Hound Wobblers...It all started a few years back when Mike Becker made me a( only 3 ever produced) Red Huck and a Blue Huck and Huck Pez. Well Huck got lonely in my office and since then, I have produced him so buddies! Funko made a few (12 each to be exact) Huck in Green, Orange, Pink, Purple, Yellow and Black and White. I have handed a few of these colored Huck's out to friends and for a couple of charity causes, so there is only a few of these floating around in public. So a real chance to own a rarity! Now please note, that these are not painted Huck's...These are fully colored plastic..meaning that color is the plastic itself and cannot be faked! The pictures don't do them justice! So the only ones for auction are the ones with arrows..not the Red or the Blue or the Huck Pez. I will do a sort of silent auction. Where people can email me at brian@funko.com with your bid...Please name which Huck color you want. Bidding will end at Noon PST on Tuesday Sept.6th. Just for CLARIFICATION, there is ONLY ONE HUCK AVAILABLE PER COLOR... ALL PROCEEDS will go to Red Cross relief for the Hurricane victims. Please only bid what you can spare, do not go into debt to buy these...The high bidder can either paypal or send a cashier check to Funko. In the event a bidder backs out, then second highest bidder and their bid would win, and so on. I will post periodic updates on who is the high bidder. Names will be withheld if requested. So lets help out... Brian.

Image

HERE ARE THE WINNING BIDS! Thanks so very much! I really apprecaite all the effort on the many bids I received! You guys have great hearts!
Green Huck- $350
Yellow Huck- $350
Purple Huck- $350
Pink Huck- $350
Orange Huck-$350
B/W Huck- $600



What a great collection and share Scotty. I would have to say that the B/W and the dark blue one are my favs. You can never go wrong with the Huck. :freddy3:
Top Fan Badge Holder of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz :freddy3:

Image Image Image Image
Image
Image

User avatar
renardchua
Posts: 3275
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:21 am
Location: Manila, Philippines
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby renardchua » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:45 am

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

Today, let me share one of the big hitters, it’s the 20’’ Bone Daddy!

Really loving the glow on this one!

Just to check, are there any variants of the Bone Daddy with this scale aside from the Orange Suit and the LTJ Daddy?

Wobble on, guys!

Image

Image
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage


Return to “Wacky Wobblers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users