Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).

What's Next

Star Wars
33%
Pez
32%
Figures With Hats
19%
Music
15%

Total votes: 162

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby thejosh2010 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:22 pm

Finally took the time to snap a pic of my Homer Simpson duo of Wobblin/Bobblin Banks for Wobbler Wednesday, along with the Soda.

Keep having fun funatics and happy hump day!

This is the bank reject I mentioned prior Renard; on the left
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:24 pm

Hey everyone hope you all had a great 4th. Scotty nice sleestak freddy. Josh those Homer's are cooool. I have always liked Simpsons and if you haven't been to Universal yet you need to go and get the big donut. Looking forward to seeing you all in 2 weeks. If I haven't met you before PLEASE look for the big white guy with a 12 yr old birthday boy. Will be hanging out in the Fundays line with Vinh(Fugly16)John and Maria Kwik, Chuck and Jen Rimel and alot more. Moving along to this week's contribution just might be on watchout duty for Fundays for any fires. Yogi bear! As always everyone wobble on my friends!

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:40 pm

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:Hey everyone hope you all had a great 4th. Scotty nice sleestak freddy. Josh those Homer's are cooool. I have always liked Simpsons and if you haven't been to Universal yet you need to go and get the big donut. Looking forward to seeing you all in 2 weeks. If I haven't met you before PLEASE look for the big white guy with a 12 yr old birthday boy. Will be hanging out in the Fundays line with Vinh(Fugly16)John and Maria Kwik, Chuck and Jen Rimel and alot more. Moving along to this week's contribution just might be on watchout duty for Fundays for any fires. Yogi bear! As always everyone wobble on my friends!

Nice crystal Tim!! Is this you pledging to join the Bears team at Fundays?? :-k
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:19 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:Hey everyone hope you all had a great 4th. Scotty nice sleestak freddy. Josh those Homer's are cooool. I have always liked Simpsons and if you haven't been to Universal yet you need to go and get the big donut. Looking forward to seeing you all in 2 weeks. If I haven't met you before PLEASE look for the big white guy with a 12 yr old birthday boy. Will be hanging out in the Fundays line with Vinh(Fugly16)John and Maria Kwik, Chuck and Jen Rimel and alot more. Moving along to this week's contribution just might be on watchout duty for Fundays for any fires. Yogi bear! As always everyone wobble on my friends!

Nice crystal Tim!! Is this you pledging to join the Bears team at Fundays?? :-k

[-X The world may never know :wwe12: :bears: :wwe12:

Glowman_Greco

Postby Glowman_Greco » Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:15 am

Wobbler Summer AI Vibes

Last edited by Glowman_Greco on Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:17 am

Was away for the fourth, but figured I had to post this guy. Great crystal Tim. I love the H-B crystal set. Anastasis, great pictures!!

Image Image
2013 Rookie of the Year - COTM May 2014

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:50 am

That's another awesome patriotic Freddy you got Scotty. Anastasis I love all of your pics and I see a sleestak. Congrats everyone! As always wobble on my friends!

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:38 pm

This week I'm sharing my newest wacky wobbler! This was a no brainer for me. So happy to be able to add this set to my collection. Hope you all enjoy and as always wobble on my friends!

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:38 am

Congrats Tim on a great box. Can't believe we get a new Wobbler after all these years. Very cool chase Flash Freddy; I was hoping to get one myself, but didn't. I did get the chase Space Ghost Soda though. I thought that was a fun box to open.

I hope everyone going to SDCC and/or Fundays has a great time.
Image Image

Glowman_Greco

Postby Glowman_Greco » Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:44 am

[quote="TJLAUTERBACH"]This week I'm sharing my newest wacky wobbler! This was a no brainer for me. So happy to be able to add this set to my collection. Hope you all enjoy and as always wobble on my friends!
Image[/quote

Such a nice pick up
Freddy & Protto look dope
CongratZ for chase pull also

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:38 am

I'm guessing most of you Wobbler regulars are traveling to Funkoville. I sure wish I could be there too. I hope everyone has a great time!

For this week, I think an SDCC exclusive is appropriate. These Toy Tokyo exclusives are LE 48s and were available at the Toy Tokyo booth at SDCC 2003. The only difference between this version and the regular version are the bases. The regular versions say "ATOMIC FUN GIRL" and "ATOMIC FUN BOY". Their packaging was different too. The regulars came in cool Super Atomic Fun Team boxes whereas the SDCC versions were locked away in these cellophane bags and inserted in Austin Power Wobbler boxes.

Image Image

Serch_na

Postby Serch_na » Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:37 pm

This week grab, the only piece that ive liked of the box

NYCC 2022
Deadpool - Photography - Mexican

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:58 pm

Serch_na wrote:This week grab, the only piece that ive liked of the box

The box gives off a classic look which is pretty nice. Great grab! :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

chosenjuan01

Postby chosenjuan01 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:19 am

Serch_na wrote:This week grab, the only piece that ive liked of the box

Really loved the wobbler out of everything inside the box. Had to cop it online only because of that piece :freddy3:
I AM THE CHOSENJUAN :dance:
SHINZOU WO SASAGAYO
COMPTON BORN N RAISED

MasterSplyntr

Postby MasterSplyntr » Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:08 am

Scotty wrote:.
I'm guessing most of you Wobbler regulars are traveling to Funkoville. I sure wish I could be there too. I hope everyone has a great time!

For this week, I think an SDCC exclusive is appropriate. These Toy Tokyo exclusives are LE 48s and were available at the Toy Tokyo booth at SDCC 2003. The only difference between this version and the regular version are the bases. The regular versions say "ATOMIC FUN GIRL" and "ATOMIC FUN BOY". Their packaging was different too. The regulars came in cool Super Atomic Fun Team boxes whereas the SDCC versions were locked away in these cellophane bags and inserted in Austin Power Wobbler boxes.

Nice, Scotty! Thanks for sharing the stories behind these.
I be Chris

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:15 pm

Received a special delivery at Fundays. Thanks to TheJosh2010.

Happy Wobbler Wednesday Everyone!

Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:20 pm

willy wonka wrote:Received a special delivery at Fundays. Thanks to TheJosh2010.

Very nice Joe. That's a rare little gold Bone Daddy.
Image Image

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:39 pm

Wow Josh a true grail you hooked Joe up with!!! Fundays was an absolute blast! It was great to see you all and meet some new faces. Thanks for keeping the Wacky Wobbler Wednesday going last week Scotty. I'm sure you felt I little off by not being present. Mayne next year we can all go and have a big wobbler table together. So I was going to post something else but since Joe got a 1 of 6 gold bone daddy I had to share the special bone daddy collection with the gold bone daddy(In the case behind the car on the left). Welcome to the club Joe. These Bone Daddys are beautiful! As always everyone wobble on my friends!

MasterSplyntr

Postby MasterSplyntr » Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:57 pm

willy wonka wrote:Received a special delivery at Fundays. Thanks to TheJosh2010.

Congrats, Joe! What a little beauty!

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:Wow Josh a true grail you hooked Joe up with!!! Fundays was an absolute blast! It was great to see you all and meet some new faces. Thanks for keeping the Wacky Wobbler Wednesday going last week Scotty. I'm sure you felt I little off by not being present. Mayne next year we can all go and have a big wobbler table together. So I was going to post something else but since Joe got a 1 of 6 gold bone daddy I had to share the special bone daddy collection with the gold bone daddy(In the case behind the car on the left). Welcome to the club Joe. These Bone Daddys are beautiful! As always everyone wobble on my friends!

It's always great seeing your epic Bone Daddy collection!
I be Chris

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:05 pm

Since we're sharing little gold BDs, here you go.

Image Image

tlaloc666

Postby tlaloc666 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:08 pm

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:Wow Josh a true grail you hooked Joe up with!!! Fundays was an absolute blast! It was great to see you all and meet some new faces. Thanks for keeping the Wacky Wobbler Wednesday going last week Scotty. I'm sure you felt I little off by not being present. Mayne next year we can all go and have a big wobbler table together. So I was going to post something else but since Joe got a 1 of 6 gold bone daddy I had to share the special bone daddy collection with the gold bone daddy(In the case behind the car on the left). Welcome to the club Joe. These Bone Daddys are beautiful! As always everyone wobble on my friends!

Damn bro !!! Always great to see your collection !!
Kyko here !!

Tik tok : @kyko_tj
Tijuana The Happiest Place on Earth !!

Funko events attended
Fundays 2015
Fundays 2016
Funko Fright Night
Fundays 2017
Premiere Making Fun
Fundays 2018
Fundays 2019
HQ Hollywood Opening 2019
ECCC VIrtual Con 2020
Summer Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
Fundays 2021
Funko Fright Night 2 NYC 2022

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:40 am

Scotty wrote:.
Since we're sharing little gold BDs, here you go.

Is there a story behind why this was only limited to 6-8 pieces?
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:11 pm

Is there a story? Of course there is a story. This is pieced together from various articles and web sites--so the info is only as good as the sources of info. There's actually a Funatic Less Than Jake expert (Carol_Lynn), but I don't think she'll see this, but if she does, she'll be able to correct any of the inaccuracies.

First off, Less Than Jake is an American ska punk rock band from Gainesville, Florida, that formed in 1992. The drummer Vinnie Fiorello had a thing for collectibles and eventually toy-making. He started Wunderland War toys in 2003. [Fun fact: he got into toy making because of Mike Becker.] So, around 2003 (some sites say 2002), Less Than Jake released the Less Than Jake cereal box, modeled on Lucky Charms. I believe these cereal boxes were sold at one or more of their concerts.

Image Image

Inside the box was an LTJ t-shirt, 4 vinyl records (yes, they were actual records that played), an LTJ button pin, and a mini-GITD Bone Daddy. Many sources say that there were 1,000 cereal boxes. An equal number of sources say there were 500 mini-Bone Daddy's. (sound familiar?) So, either there are at least 1,000 mini-Bone Daddy's or there were 500 boxes that didn't have a mini-Bone Daddy, or there were only 500 cereal boxes to begin with. Or, something else entirely lol

Anyway, 6 of the boxes had a GOLD mini-Bone Daddy!!! If you were lucky enough to get one of those, it entitled the bearer to free admission to Less Than Jake concerts for life. So, you'd think the little gold guy was an LE 6, then, right? Not so fast. It seems there's more then 6 of these guys floating around. Vinnie might have had more made, but only used 6 in the cereal boxes. Either way, there aren't many of these. You've got to think that Vinnie would have wanted one, and he might have wanted a few extra to give to friends. 12 was a pretty common limited run back in the day, but who knows. I think Josh said something about this once. Josh?

[Another fun fact: Vinnie is the creative mind behind the Monkey vs. Robot Monkey Assassin figures. These were not Funko products, they were Wunderland War (and then Paper+Plastick) products, they were just manufactured by Funko for them.]

These guys don't wobble, but they're cooler than all get out. (There are more figures than this.)

Image Image

Carol_Lynn

Postby Carol_Lynn » Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:46 pm

That is pretty much the info. I’m pretty sure there were 1,000 boxes with 1,000 GITD, but who knows. At the time there was only 1 Gold advertised as being possible to find (at least in my memory). The cereal boxes were originally sold on the website Vinnie was using at the time (I think it was wunderlandwar.com but my memory is terrible, I know I bought 3 at the time hoping for gold lol ). There were some also sold on tour and some thrown out from stage on tour, albeit not with all the original contents. If I was on my computer I would post a picture of the one I finally got as well as the 1 of 3 orange LTJ bone daddy that I got to hold thanks to Carol (Shomenodder, if I remembered how to tag).
Carol Lynn (not Carol!), collector nerd and LTJ enthusiast.

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:46 am

Thanks Scotty and Carol!
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage

Glowman_Greco

Postby Glowman_Greco » Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:47 pm

Mail call
Space Monkeys SET
LE 48 Pieces

Even If I Didn’t Attend To
Florida eXtravaganza Show (FX Show) 16years ago
‘N Even If I Didn’t Win Brian Marriotti’s Santa Contest 2007

These Rare LE 48 pieces Space Monkeys With Their OG Boxes , Finally Found Their Forever Space Home in Greece

They Were FX Show Exclusives from 2007 , An Annual Science Fiction, Comic Book & Designer Toy Show Rolled Into One

• The Gold & Silver Space Monkey With The GITD Head Is The Regular One
(Not Specified How Many Were Made But I'm Guessing Quite a Few)
• The Black & White Version Space Monkey & The White GITD Version Were Both
LE 48 Pieces

Special Thanx To Scotty
“Rookie Of The Year “ From Funko Funatic Forum That Shared All These Information With Me

themrj00

Postby themrj00 » Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:22 am

beautiful bone daddy collection !!

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:49 pm

Carol_Lynn wrote:That is pretty much the info. I’m pretty sure there were 1,000 boxes with 1,000 GITD, but who knows. At the time there was only 1 Gold advertised as being possible to find (at least in my memory). The cereal boxes were originally sold on the website Vinnie was using at the time (I think it was wunderlandwar.com but my memory is terrible, I know I bought 3 at the time hoping for gold lol ). There were some also sold on tour and some thrown out from stage on tour, albeit not with all the original contents. If I was on my computer I would post a picture of the one I finally got as well as the 1 of 3 orange LTJ bone daddy that I got to hold thanks to Carol (Shomenodder, if I remembered how to tag).

Yay, Carol Lynn. Didn't expect to see you :) Nothing like first-hand experience. I'm guessing 1,000 GITDs is right, too.
Image Image

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:50 pm

Stellar set of monkeys Anastasis. A rare set indeed.
Image Image

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:10 am

Sweet monkeys Anastasis! Those are absolutely awesome and I love to hear the back story. Scotty and Carol_lynn I always love learning more about the Bone Daddys. I knew some of that information but not all if it it. It must have been really awesome to be apart of all of the Wacky Wobbler fun in the original days. I know I have definitely enjoyed it for quite a few years now. You know I hate to say Carol-lynn but I have got to mention it. If you ever decide to part ways PLEASE keep me in mind. I would love to complete the Bone Daddy Collection one day. At the very least I'm sure we would all love to see you in the wobbler Wednesday section when you can. It would be great to hear and see all of your great collection. As always everyone wobble on my friends!

Carol_Lynn

Postby Carol_Lynn » Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:15 am

Scotty wrote:
Yay, Carol Lynn. Didn't expect to see you :) Nothing like first-hand experience. I'm guessing 1,000 GITDs is right, too.

I pop in and out. Someone texted me that I was mentioned, I probably would've missed it otherwise.

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:Sweet monkeys Anastasis! Those are absolutely awesome and I love to hear the back story. Scotty and Carol_lynn I always love learning more about the Bone Daddys. I knew some of that information but not all if it it. It must have been really awesome to be apart of all of the Wacky Wobbler fun in the original days. I know I have definitely enjoyed it for quite a few years now. You know I hate to say Carol-lynn but I have got to mention it. If you ever decide to part ways PLEASE keep me in mind. I would love to complete the Bone Daddy Collection one day. At the very least I'm sure we would all love to see you in the wobbler Wednesday section when you can. It would be great to hear and see all of your great collection. As always everyone wobble on my friends!

Yeah, it's not going anywhere :) I'm still holding out hope for the orange bone daddy which would complete my LTJ collection! Was going to post a couple pictures but seems like Amazon (where I have them stored) doesn't support linking in the boards. Where do people host photos nowadays?
Carol Lynn (not Carol!), collector nerd and LTJ enthusiast.

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:09 pm

Carol_Lynn wrote:
Scotty wrote:

I pop in and out. Someone texted me that I was mentioned, I probably would've missed it otherwise.

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:Sweet monkeys Anastasis! Those are absolutely awesome and I love to hear the back story. Scotty and Carol_lynn I always love learning more about the Bone Daddys. I knew some of that information but not all if it it. It must have been really awesome to be apart of all of the Wacky Wobbler fun in the original days. I know I have definitely enjoyed it for quite a few years now. You know I hate to say Carol-lynn but I have got to mention it. If you ever decide to part ways PLEASE keep me in mind. I would love to complete the Bone Daddy Collection one day. At the very least I'm sure we would all love to see you in the wobbler Wednesday section when you can. It would be great to hear and see all of your great collection. As always everyone wobble on my friends!

Yeah, it's not going anywhere :) I'm still holding out hope for the orange bone daddy which would complete my LTJ collection! Was going to post a couple pictures but seems like Amazon (where I have them stored) doesn't support linking in the boards. Where do people host photos nowadays?

Imgur, I have done it from Instagram as well
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:19 pm

Carol_Lynn wrote:
Scotty wrote:

I'm still old school with Flickr.
Image Image

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:27 am

Great shares everybody! ;)

This week let me share the big boy that was waiting for me - it arrived at home when I was at SDCC, just unpacked it last night. ;)

It took months to travel here (via sea), but here he is. Wobble on, everyone! ;)

Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:19 pm

Awesome BIG Wobbler, Renard. That is a a long way for the Count to travel.

No share this week. Just got back from visiting with some family. Too tired 8-[

Hope everyone has a great week.
Image Image

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:31 pm

Sweet count you got Renard! That Dino is also very cool. Carol_Lynn I use imgur for photos. It's a bit wonky in my opinion because you have to take pics on your phone, upload to imgur, use a PC to get the shared pic codes which I email to my phone and use my phone to post on the board. I usually do like 15-20 pics and email all links and just post different links each week. This week I'm going to share Michael Myers. As always everyone wobble on my friends!

Glowman_Greco

Postby Glowman_Greco » Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:18 am

Renald such a nice Count Chocula Giant Wobbler.
Have a nice week Scotty.
TJLAUTERBACH I really like Myers wobbler , I like horror Movies.
I am on vacation in Halkidiki near Thessaloniki (Greece)
So I am not be able to shoot a new photo.
So inspired from TJLAUTERBACH’s Myers wobbler and from new Haunted Mansion Movie I watched yesterday I decided to share with you a mixed “Wobblerpop Photo

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:50 pm

So many awesome shares all around everyone! Always a joy seeing these amazing pieces of history popping back up on the board here! Between driving across the country for a few weeks for comic con and a bit of vacationing, I’ve finally made it back home to hopefully get back into the normal swing of things!

Love all the plus sized wobbler shares lately especially guys!!
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Scott is correct on the mini gold bone daddy, as Funko only got 6 to give out and apparently LTJ also got 6, with one being in the box as a grand prize in their boxes, and the others being distributed via Vinnie to his most loyal and dedicated fans. While I know of maybe 3 LTJ collectors with this piece, including Vinnie, I do believe most of the others are all in Funko collectors collections. I actually originally got that piece from YoohooAl and it’s been in my collection ever since first meeting him when he was living in Florida.
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:53 pm

I’m definitely really late or early for a Wednesday share, but maybe it will carry over lol

When it comes to Funko, there are so many golden mega-grail’s out there, from the aforementioned mini golden bone daddy, to the Golden Freddy Awards from Sparky’s in 2002, to the 20-inch 2003 Las Vegas Fundays Tiki, just to name a few, but one golden grail I’m particularly proud of that really isn’t often seen is this little beauty here, the golden Tommy Lipuma..

Keep on wobbling guys!
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:00 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:I’m definitely really late or early for a Wednesday share, but maybe it will carry over lol

When it comes to Funko, there are so many golden mega-grail’s out there, from the aforementioned mini golden bone daddy, to the Golden Freddy Awards from Sparky’s in 2002, to the 20-inch 2003 Las Vegas Fundays Tiki, just to name a few, but one golden grail I’m particularly proud of that really isn’t often seen is this little beauty here, the golden Tommy Lipuma..

Spoiler: show

Keep on wobbling guys!

Josh, you should be proud of that piece. The "Golden Tommy" has a lot of urban legend surrounding it.

I don't know why, but I do love researching the lore behind early Funko. During one of my early trips through the Funko-research-rabbit-hole, I learned a bunch of interesting things about Tommy LiPuma--first and foremost, who the heck is Tommy LiPuma?!

Well, he was a Grammy Award winning producer and the chairman of Verve Music Group. 3,000 of the regular Tommy's were made and apparently distributed by Vere Music at the 2001 Universal Music and Video Distribution Convention held in Los Angeles. These were given out at the Verve Music Group booth to music industry professionals. Even though these are LE 3,000, because of how they were given out and to whom (i.e., non-collectors), these were not the easiest pieces to find--even though there are about 7 of them for sale on ebay right now at a pretty low price (and that's because most people are like--who the heck is Tommy LiPuma? lol ).

Now the GOLD Tommy is really something special. According to an older Funko fan web site, "When the convention took place they held a skit award show called "The Tommy's" to showcase their artists and products. To do this Verve Music had Funko Produce a few (12 to be exact, 10 went to Verve and 2 stayed at FunKo) Gold LiPuma's to give out as the award to be presented. Needless to say, none have been accounted for or heard from since."

Suffice it to say, the Gold Tommy was very sought after by early collectors. And some interesting stories popped up every now and again, too, like this one: From 2004 SDCC: "The mystery BOFs are as exciting as the COF promised. I got a Sparky Pez and an Underdog in mine. Rumor has it that a Gold Tommy LiPuma went to a non-collector yesterday (in a BOF)." This "rumor" set off a lot of fun posts. If you want to have fun and read a little about it, check out this post: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4216&hilit=Tommy+Lipuma [For those that don't know, when you see the poster, nishka, that's Mike Becker; Nishka was his dog.] Towards the end of the thread, Mike does address the rumor--or does he? :roflmao:

Very nice rarity Josh!!
Last edited by Scotty on Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

Return to “Wacky Wobblers”