saying so long to Wacky Wobblers and more

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).
FFJim
HoF 2007 & CotY
HoF 2007 & CotY

saying so long to Wacky Wobblers and more

Postby FFJim » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:56 pm

I'm following the lead of my friend Scott (viewtopic.php?f=10&t=97328) and am getting ready to thin my collection (viewtopic.php?f=118&t=39116) with assistance from TheJosh2010. This is going to be a huge undertaking. Some things will be easier to let go, some will be a struggle, and others will remain with me.

I don't know where items will be listed – maybe on the board, maybe the Pop Guide marketplace, or perhaps arranged sales through Josh, but definitely not eBay. All I know for sure at the moment is that this is going to be emotionally difficult at times.

To those who came to visit the collection, thank you. It was my pleasure. Wobble on, friends.

To the Wobbler collectors, old and new, which Wacky Wobblers would you keep forever? "All" doesn't count. Answer as if you are drastically thinning your collection.

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Re: saying so long to Wacky Wobblers and more

Postby renardchua » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:27 pm

So sad to hear this, FFJim. :(

Definitely will be tough to part with such collection as yours.

Honestly, I got inspired to collect Wobblers by seeing your collection here at the boards. (Albeit my Wobbler count is pretty low compared to Pops! and other lines at this point).

Here’s to wishing that these Wobblers will be going to great houses! :cheers:
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:36 pm

This makes me sad :(

To answer your question though if I were in your shoes I would definitely keep the ones that have sentimental value to you - your very first Wobbler, ones that have fun stories behind them, etc. That might not narrow it down too much though lol
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:28 pm

:(

Yeah it is always tough and sad to have to let go of collectibles. For me, if I had to sell my stuff I would keep anything that has a story behind it like being a gift.
I hope it goes well for you though
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:42 pm

So sorry to read this and sad for you. I think you should keep the ones that really holds a special place in your heart, the ones that make you smile when you look at them. I’m sure this process will be hard for you, but I wish you the best of luck and peace of mind in doing so.
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:26 pm

I am so sad to hear the news:( I would honestly say whatever your first piece was or the piece that has the happiest memory behind it. I wish you luck in whatever is next pal!
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Facebook: Tate McCarty
Colorado Funatic

Alleycat
HoF 2008 & CotY
HoF 2008 & CotY

Postby Alleycat » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:31 pm

So happy I had the opportunity to visit Meal Magic HQ. I don’t envy your move. I’ve pm’d you to help lighten your load. :-k :-k

Which wacky wobblers to keep?? That’s a toughie. I’d try to keep all my Freddys. So many fond memories of being at Fundays opening up the Wobbler BOFs. Then frantically going around the room trading with others to get as many of the varieties as possible. Then there’s the Award Freddys that would also be keepers. Meal Magic Lunch Ladies - keep. Faith boys - keep. Never released wobblers - keep. That’s a good start???

Craig here......

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:24 pm

Love seeing your collection was hoping to visit one day!
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby BigM » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:51 pm

Sorry to see this. I’ve been on here for a bit and I’ve never had the chance to see your collection in person but your collection is truly breathtaking in every sense.

Keep the ones that tell a story. I imagine that is a lot but I also am willing to bet there are some pieces you’ve bought just to stay complete. Craig’s advice is the best I’ve seen.

Many many pieces I’d love to have but I’m not in the best spot to spend money on Funko at this moment...for good intentions.

Best of luck Jim.
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

kevinbuddha
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Hall of Fame Class of 2007

Postby kevinbuddha » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:30 pm

Well Jim that is a sad thing to hear. I have been at this for many years and I cannot still let go of my stuff. My issue is that 98% of my Wacky Wobblers have memories attached to them. I can look at a piece and tell you who I was with, where I was and what event I was at or can tell you from what vendor I got it from. That is 20+ years of memories that I cannot let go of. Collecting Funko has never been about the toys (yes they are a SUPER bonus)), it has been about the people I have met along the way and the friends I have that I consider more as family than I do friends.

As for what wobblers not to part 3with.......Anything that reminds me of a wonderful; Funko time had or a wonderful Funko gathering or a super Funko family member would never leave my home.

I do not envy you Jim, but I do know how much of your time, life, joy, frustration and energy went into your Funko collecting and the anciety of getting a new Freddy Funko wobbler. I would definitely keep the Freddy Wacky Wobblers. Funko has never put out another Freddy product that has even come close to how awesome and fabulous the Wacky Wobbler has been. I still have all my Freddy Wobblers!

Best of luck to you Jim
Minnesota.....where the Sleestaks & Pakuni run free!

Funko's Official Historian

Imagery
Hall of Fame Class of 2022
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby Imagery » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:42 pm

Sad to hear as your collection is incredible. But hopefully they'll go to good homes where they'll be able to bring other people the same enjoyment.
When deciding, you can take Marie Kondo's advice and keep what still brings you joy — though from what I've seen, that wouldn't make your decision easier. Best of luck :)
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

Deezy

Postby Deezy » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:01 am

Thanks for the opportunity to purchase them from you! If I had to keep only 1 wobbler it would be Snoopy Flying Ace.
Diana IG: deezy_r1
ImageLos Spastikos FantastikosImage

Vinyl4Blood

Postby Vinyl4Blood » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:59 am

Its rough to hear this, but I completely understand.
I know many of your wobblers (like mine) have fond memories associated with them from meetups with friends, funko events, funatic gatherings, and fun hunts in the wild.
-They call me... Wes (AKA ScrappyMosier on Twitter & Vinyl4Blood on IG)
"OMG.. I need that"
Pop Grail wish list: Freddy Stark Pop and Comic Con 2009 "Big Fred" wobbler, Camp Fundays Freddy as Spartan. Any condition.

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:10 am

Always a sad day when a fellow collector has to move most of their pieces :(

I would probably keep anything with sentimental value and probably the Freddy or Funko Original pieces. Anything that is actually Funko is not only history, but truly one of a kind. No other company is going to be producing a Bone Daddy or Freddy Funko you know?
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:10 pm

Jim, this is big news. I can only tell you that after it was all over, and my collection was half its original size, I didn't miss the pieces I let go. As I wrote in my post, when I looked at each piece--or a set--if it made me smile, it stayed. It's up to you to decide what makes you smile. I enjoy looking at my collection more now than I did when it was much larger.

Good luck, my friend.
Last edited by Scotty on Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
2013 Rookie of the Year - COTM May 2014

magicalme

Postby magicalme » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:39 pm

FFJim wrote:I'm following the lead of my friend Scott (http://www.funkofunatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=97328) and am getting ready to thin my collection (http://www.funkofunatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=118&t=39116) with assistance from TheJosh2010. This is going to be a huge undertaking. Some things will be easier to let go, some will be a struggle, and others will remain with me.

I don't know where items will be listed – maybe on the board, maybe the Pop Guide marketplace, or perhaps arranged sales through Josh, but definitely not eBay. All I know for sure at the moment is that this is going to be emotionally difficult at times.

To those who came to visit the collection, thank you. It was my pleasure. Wobble on, friends.

To the Wobbler collectors, old and new, which Wacky Wobblers would you keep forever? "All" doesn't count. Answer as if you are drastically thinning your collection.

I am desperately seeking the Freddy Wobbling Dead Wobbler Bank if you have one. PLEASE hit me up!!
http://www.instagram.com/magicalme359

GRAIL ISO:
OG Cereal Monsters

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:15 pm

Jim,
That is a task I do not ever look forward to. Especially your amazing collection that I could only dream about having even half of those pieces. Personally for me Bone Daddy, El Diablo, Freddy's and several other special wobblers that mean alot to me. Those would never go anywhere except possibly passing them on to my 4 boys to enjoy with maybe some Grand kids one day. Even then I could still stop by and visit old memories.
Now to decide which ones you should keep. That kinda depends on your reasoning behind wanting to thin it out. Hopefully its just downsizing and no longer have the room. If that's the case I would look at which pieces hold that special place in your heart. Maybe it was your first, something given to you, or maybe just brings a smile to your face. Whatever it is if it means something special to you than find that special place just for it. The last thing you want to do is let go of something that you are still attached to. Wish you the best of luck trying to decide. I'm sure several of us would love the opportunity to add some of your amazing pieces. Please keep us informed when you are ready.

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:43 am

Sounds like a lot of goodies that will go to other homes and put smiles on other peoples faces. I'll be watching to see if I can find something of the older days to possibly add.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

jullusion

Postby jullusion » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:28 am

Hi FFJim,

Like many others, I have always been a great admirer of your collection the moment I came across the post showing your amazing collection. It is always a sad moment to thin a collection. I hope the future owners will enjoy and respect your collection as much as you did.

To be honest, I have been very fortunate to be able to add the complete Meal Magic crystal wobbler set to my collection. I absolutely love its history, design, and everything in represents. It is a highlight of my collection and it will always be part of my forever collection. Thank you for creating them.

All the best with your upcoming collection journey.
Hi, the name's Julian. Nice to meet cha! :freddy1:

ISO: Funko Pop! Uglydoll Ice-Bat chases (SDCC and Non-SDCC) to finally complete the set!

ladybugwobblepop

Postby ladybugwobblepop » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:37 pm

I can only imagine the struggle. Curious to hopefully see where your post lead you. Good luck on your upcoming sales.
Ladybugwobblepop :D

FFJim
HoF 2007 & CotY
HoF 2007 & CotY

Postby FFJim » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:51 pm

Have you ever shipped 22 boxes, each 24x24x24 inches, all in one shipment? That's one BIG load of Funko. The majority of my collection now resides in Virginia with my friend Josh. What becomes of it now is up to him. I hope he has a lot of FUN. With the funds from the pieces Josh sold for me, I was able to buy an extremely beautiful grandfather clock for our new home. Let me tell you, it's easier to display than thousands of toys! I kept a half dozen or so of those big boxes for myself and eventually will display my downsized collection in a section of the basement. It was mostly fun amassing what was, at one time, the world's biggest collection of Funko, and it was at times tearful saying good-bye. I hope many people find joy in the pieces that I have passed back into the Funko universe of collectors. To all I met along the way, it was nice getting to know you. Thank you for the memories. May you find FUN in all you do. Wobble on.
Last edited by FFJim on Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:29 pm

Take care of yourself Jim!

I was talking to Josh the other night and he mentioned the GIANT shipment of Fun that he was going through. Hoping to add a few of your pieces to my collection! I do have to ask though did you keep any of the giant pieces like Wally Gator or Franken Berry?
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:41 pm

I'm glad to hear it sounds like it went well! Wow 22 boxes sounds crazy lol
And to double what Brett said, I can't wait to see what you kept and your display.
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:14 pm

I'm proud of you Jim. I know that was hard to do. Thank you for sharing your toys :)
Image Image

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:07 pm

I mean this with the utmost sincerity, I hope the clock makes you happy everytime you look at it, and that it stays in your family for years to come.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:27 pm

Thank you Jim for sharing all of those memories. I really enjoyed being able to read and see your collection. It truly was an amazing collection. Wobble on my friend!

pezman

Postby pezman » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:22 pm

You really had a great collection back in the day! I was always in awe of it! Any chance you have or know of any PEZ wobblers out there? I am looking for a few......metallic wolfman, clinton, hucks, chocula etc

Enjoy the next chapter! :)
Tom Z.

ROBERT1313

Postby ROBERT1313 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:16 pm

cHEERS jIM :violent2: :violent2: :violent2: :violent2: :violent2: :violent2: :violent2: :violent2: :violent2: :violent2:
I Ride Cannondale Super Six Evo Black Inc.

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:34 pm

LucyAnn wrote:Do they still sale in stores?

If you're asking whether or not Wobblers still sell in stores, YES they do, but not in stores like Target, Walmart, Barnes & Noble (which used to sell them). Funko doesn't make Wobblers any longer, but you can find them in comic book stores, retro toy stores 2nd hand/antique stores, etc. Of course, there are tons of them for sale online (like eBay, Facebook, etc.). Good luck!
Image Image

FunkoBurro3

Postby FunkoBurro3 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:18 am

Scotty wrote:
LucyAnn wrote:Do they still sale in stores?

If you're asking whether or not Wobblers still sell in stores, YES they do, but not in stores like Target, Walmart, Barnes & Noble (which used to sell them). Funko doesn't make Wobblers any longer, but you can find them in comic book stores, retro toy stores 2nd hand/antique stores, etc. Of course, there are tons of them for sale online (like eBay, Facebook, etc.). Good luck!

The hunt for wobblers is fun now a days. If you find one just know most boxes will not be pristine, but the historical value it Carry’s will over shadow the slight flaws.
I’ve found many online and through the help of HoF’s!
Retro stores are also a great place!
Abel H 3 :freddy2:
The United Funko Family

-Funkowood (Funko Hollywood) Grand Opening
-Funko Virtual-Con 2020
-Funkon 2021
-SDCC-Special Edition 2021- Pop! Quiz - Auditions (Rejected)
-Funko Fundays 2022
-FDO9- San Diego 2023
-Camp Fundays 2023 (Sandwich survivor!)

Return to “Wacky Wobblers”