Funko x Kidrobot

Here's a place to talk about Funko's clothing, books and bookmarks, homeware, electronics, and the like.
BearyAllen

Re: Funko x Kidrobot

Postby BearyAllen » Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:11 pm

xHEMLOCKx wrote:When pops first came out Kozik tried really hard to get funko to do one of his figures as a pop. It did not work out. Kozik hated funko since.

That is interesting to hear some back story on why Kozik wasnt a fan...so maybe a commemorative POP would be good in his honor

FunkoVandal413

Postby FunkoVandal413 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:32 pm

R.I.P Frank

So I also became a collector because of K.R and the infamous Dunny. I've been saying the same thing for a while, it would be pretty cool to see Funko come up with a specific line of Pops designed by well known artists. We are seeing the Ron English pops now and how awesome they look so maybe we can make an Artist Custom series and let those be the new limited number editions. However, Funko has already flooded the market with dozens of the same so idk if this would work knowing the vinyl collectors are a bunch of stuck up brats and think Funko isn't a real collectible lol
IG Manifiesto_413
Funko Collector since 2011, dedicated and with a crown tattoo. My biggest goals are to become a HoF member and attend Fundays someday.
C2E2 '19, '20, '21, '23
FunKon '21
Fan Expo '22, '23
Anime Magic '22, '23
Anime Central '23
Anime Senpai '23
Days of the Dead Staff '19, '21, '22, '23
Anime Midwest Staff '23

:freddy2:

FunkoVandal413

Postby FunkoVandal413 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:34 pm

BearyAllen wrote:
xHEMLOCKx wrote:When pops first came out Kozik tried really hard to get funko to do one of his figures as a pop. It did not work out. Kozik hated funko since.

That is interesting to hear some back story on why Kozik wasnt a fan...so maybe a commemorative POP would be good in his honor

Funko also passed on the Homies which would've been a huge success and revival of the franchise, goofy move imo :-$
IG Manifiesto_413
Funko Collector since 2011, dedicated and with a crown tattoo. My biggest goals are to become a HoF member and attend Fundays someday.
C2E2 '19, '20, '21, '23
FunKon '21
Fan Expo '22, '23
Anime Magic '22, '23
Anime Central '23
Anime Senpai '23
Days of the Dead Staff '19, '21, '22, '23
Anime Midwest Staff '23

:freddy2:

BearyAllen

Postby BearyAllen » Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:52 pm

Not sure if anyone would be interested or available but it looks like there will be a public memorial for Frank.

-via his FB
A public memorial reception for Frank Kozik will be held
Saturday, June 17, 2023 4:30 pm - 9pm
at the historic
San Francisco Elks Lodge #3
450 Post St, 3rd floor, inside the Kensington Hotel
San Francisco, CA 94102
Use code KOZIK at the Kensington Hotel if you need a room.
Everyone is welcome! Come join us to celebrate the life and legacy of Kozik!
This is a casual affair complete with cheap drinks, filled with laughter, tears, and an overwhelming sense of gratitude for the impact Frank had on each of us. Bring your stories and your love of Kozik!
Hope to see you there!

Sharon Kozik

DeejayDaffy

Postby DeejayDaffy » Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:32 am

I don't see KR doing anything with Funko. There might be some opportunities for artists that work with KR to do some collabs with Funko but probably not a direct thing. Like mentioned before, i'm ok with them staying separate. They've each carved out their own thing.

RIP to Frank Kozik

Return to “Other Funko Products”