Funko soda Disney parks exclusive?

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
Hgmaddhatter

Re: Funko soda Disney parks exclusive?

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:13 pm

digithor wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:Omg yes maybe a regular Walt and a statue chase? Same with mickey. I also think Figment makes a lot of sense as a park exclusive, Country Bears, Orange Bird as well.

I would at least like to see them be really limited so those of us that are no where near disney could still get them without too much of a cost. Cause I know that I would want most of them.

ShopDisney puts most exclusives up now... can't guarantee the site works though lol. I'm about 2 hours away from WDW and since all the Disney stores closed I have to go to the parks to get stuff in person. Releases there are crazy!
Image Image ImageImage

Lonikins
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award

Postby Lonikins » Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:58 pm

As long as these SODAs would go up on ShopDisney for some of us to have a chance that would be great. I am loving ideas like Haunted Mansion and Walt/Statue Chase.
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:43 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
digithor wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:Omg yes maybe a regular Walt and a statue chase? Same with mickey. I also think Figment makes a lot of sense as a park exclusive, Country Bears, Orange Bird as well.

I would at least like to see them be really limited so those of us that are no where near disney could still get them without too much of a cost. Cause I know that I would want most of them.

ShopDisney puts most exclusives up now... can't guarantee the site works though lol. I'm about 2 hours away from WDW and since all the Disney stores closed I have to go to the parks to get stuff in person. Releases there are crazy!

I can just imagine those lines for some release days in the park, I'd probably go also even if I was 2 hours away. Mind you I say that since I'm over 10 times that time away. lol
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Optimistic

Postby Optimistic » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:34 pm

After hearing lines for a Figment popcorn bucket exceed 7 hours, I think a Figment Soda with a chase would drive people wild. This would be one of the best opportunities to make people aware of this line
:freddy4:

Animation (and occasionally Ad Icons) collector. Dorbz (RIP), Soda, Pop and Pez focused.

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:26 am

Optimistic wrote:After hearing lines for a Figment popcorn bucket exceed 7 hours, I think a Figment Soda with a chase would drive people wild. This would be one of the best opportunities to make people aware of this line

I wouldn't go for a figment, but I couldn't imagine the line for any disney parks soda. I think all of them would cause long waits. I am still amazed people would wait that long for popcorn buckets.
Collecting since 2014

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:29 pm

I like the idea a lot but it would be tough to get to the park or even DTD to obtain.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:24 am

Optimistic wrote:After hearing lines for a Figment popcorn bucket exceed 7 hours, I think a Figment Soda with a chase would drive people wild. This would be one of the best opportunities to make people aware of this line

I stood in the figment line, I was about halfway down and I waited 4 hours, but the cast members found their groove and the speed picked up. The issue with Figment wasn't only demand, it was distribution. Usually for big releases they do a virtual queue or mobile order with time slots. For this they put it at one tiny food booth with 3 cashiers. When they re-released it on Valentines Day it had its own space and mobile ordering. For pops, and in the future sodas they will.most likely be spread out like the mickey castle and in an actual retail location with mobile checkout and lots of cashiers. At least if they don't want a circus :clown: :freddy2:
Image Image ImageImage

kdmlvr

Postby kdmlvr » Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:01 am

I could see an orange bird and abominable snowman etc
Funko Pop Fan & Loungefly fan.

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:49 pm

Niteowl_1 wrote:What if Disney parks got an exclusive funko soda figure?

Would be a tough one if LEs were typical 10k ... ouch!
I'm Greg. My son is "RSVHockeyDude". We collect Funko products together.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Funko Soda (My New Favorite): 762 different Sodas including Intl Versions
Other Funko Products (Hikari, Vynl, Wobblers, etc) = 87
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

Ryespops

Postby Ryespops » Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:57 am

Sarcasticguy wrote:Anything is possible, but the Pop sales are hit or miss sometimes. It would have to be a pretty special piece like Haunted Mansion ghosts.

Hatbox Ghost SODA would be insane. I think a Madame Leota one would be unique too.
Find Me on Instagram.com @Ryespops
Attended: Making Fun Funko Premiere, Disneyland Funatics Day Out, Funko Fundays 2017, FDO 8 NYC, Festival of Fun 2021, Funko Fundays 2022 :compress:

Ryespops

Postby Ryespops » Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:58 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
digithor wrote:

I’m 2 and a half hours away so same. Lol
Attended: Making Fun Funko Premiere, Disneyland Funatics Day Out, Funko Fundays 2017, FDO 8 NYC, Festival of Fun 2021, Funko Fundays 2022 :compress:

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:18 am

kdmlvr wrote:I could see an orange bird and abominable snowman etc

Yeah, maybe even Redd at some point.
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

Jessedtaylor77

Postby Jessedtaylor77 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:21 am

I’m pretty sure it will happen. Maybe the first one for D23 this year.

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:25 am

Ryespops wrote:
Sarcasticguy wrote:Anything is possible, but the Pop sales are hit or miss sometimes. It would have to be a pretty special piece like Haunted Mansion ghosts.

Hatbox Ghost SODA would be insane. I think a Madame Leota one would be unique too.

I would love to see all the haunted mansion figures in SODA form. It would be one of the better ones I think. A nice translucent blue chase would be so cool.
Collecting since 2014

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:04 am

They should do the Haunted Mansion ghosts with the glow in the dark as the chase!!! Abominable Snowman with a flocked chase. Orange Bird with a flocked chase! Jolly Roger with a glow chase! Mr Toad with a metallic chase!!!
Collecting since 2015: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:34 am

Ryespops wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
digithor wrote:

It's close enough to plan a next day trip but if something drops unannounced it's most likely sold out by the time I get there....I just happened to be at Disney the first day the Castle dropped and I barely missed it at the Springs so we gave up and headed to EPCOT. Later my husband saw someone post they put some out at Creations so we booked it over there from Figment and we did a circle of the store, nothing. Then on a top shelf behind some dolls I saw where someone had stashed one, I squealed with joy lol
Image Image ImageImage

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:37 am

I love the haunted mansion idea
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

Niteowl_1

Postby Niteowl_1 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:00 pm

RSVHockeyDad wrote:

If a low count it would be tough for sure. It’s harder that the limit would probably be 10. I live close enough to Disneyland I would try to get extras and help funatics out
Iso: freddy funko as doc brown regular and glow, back to the future protos,mirio hero costume (lemillion)proto, killua proto, one piece and demon slayer protos
Image Image Image Image Image Image

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:59 pm

rontonsoup wrote:They should do the Haunted Mansion ghosts with the glow in the dark as the chase!!! Abominable Snowman with a flocked chase. Orange Bird with a flocked chase! Jolly Roger with a glow chase! Mr Toad with a metallic chase!!!

These are wonderful ideas. I feel once they start the Disney parks the possibilities are endless.
Collecting since 2014

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:07 pm

Ryespops wrote:

Yes, I'm totally down for anything Haunted mansion.
Hi. I'm Jeanne (Go by Gina).
I like Nightmare Before Christmas and anything else that catches my eye :)
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

[b]Fundays:2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020[/b]
Funko Fright Night2016
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9
https://i.ibb.co/wg3cKBx/hJXGyyX.png

Ryespops

Postby Ryespops » Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:30 pm

I’m also down for SODA that we don’t have POP! For made yet like Humphrey Bear!

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:44 am

Yes to an Orange Bird Soda! I need him to go with my pops.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:49 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Ryespops wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:ShopDisney puts most exclusives up now... can't guarantee the site works though lol. I'm about 2 hours away from WDW and since all the Disney stores closed I have to go to the parks to get stuff in person. Releases there are crazy!

It's close enough to plan a next day trip but if something drops unannounced it's most likely sold out by the time I get there....I just happened to be at Disney the first day the Castle dropped and I barely missed it at the Springs so we gave up and headed to EPCOT. Later my husband saw someone post they put some out at Creations so we booked it over there from Figment and we did a circle of the store, nothing. Then on a top shelf behind some dolls I saw where someone had stashed one, I squealed with joy lol

Hunting all over the place to find it. lol
ImageImageImageImage

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:05 am

nascar246788 wrote:
rontonsoup wrote:They should do the Haunted Mansion ghosts with the glow in the dark as the chase!!! Abominable Snowman with a flocked chase. Orange Bird with a flocked chase! Jolly Roger with a glow chase! Mr Toad with a metallic chase!!!

These are wonderful ideas. I feel once they start the Disney parks the possibilities are endless.

Watch they come out with Funko Soda Rides lol
Collecting since 2015: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:19 am

abominable snowman :idea:
Image Image
ImageImage

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:41 am

kdmlvr wrote:I could see an orange bird and abominable snowman etc

Yeah these would be awesome, especially since they’re the ones we camped out for when they were first released. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:19 pm

digithor wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Ryespops wrote:

Oh yeah! And I'm sure us celebrating and taking a picture didn't look odd at all lol
Image Image ImageImage

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:08 pm

Niteowl_1 wrote:
RSVHockeyDad wrote:

If a low count it would be tough for sure. It’s harder that the limit would probably be 10. I live close enough to Disneyland I would try to get extras and help funatics out

Sign me up! \:D/
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

Optimistic

Postby Optimistic » Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:57 pm

Would love Mr Toad too! That's such an underrated film in addition to the ride.

Just hope they get on making park Sodas soon, there's way too many good characters to not make. Dorbz started off strong and brought in great park character exclusives, but by the time the line started slowing and eventually stopped they never got around to making park staples like Figment. Don't want similar to happen to Soda when I think they can look better then the Pops
:freddy4:

Animation (and occasionally Ad Icons) collector. Dorbz (RIP), Soda, Pop and Pez focused.

Ryespops

Postby Ryespops » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:38 pm

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
digithor wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:It's close enough to plan a next day trip but if something drops unannounced it's most likely sold out by the time I get there....I just happened to be at Disney the first day the Castle dropped and I barely missed it at the Springs so we gave up and headed to EPCOT. Later my husband saw someone post they put some out at Creations so we booked it over there from Figment and we did a circle of the store, nothing. Then on a top shelf behind some dolls I saw where someone had stashed one, I squealed with joy lol

Oh yeah! And I'm sure us celebrating and taking a picture didn't look odd at all lol

Success photos are the best! :cheers:

FunkoBurro3

Postby FunkoBurro3 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:59 pm

It would be great to see cast members being created from
The different areas at DL and DW!
Abel H 3 :freddy2:
The United Funko Family

-Funkowood (Funko Hollywood) Grand Opening
-Funko Virtual-Con 2020
-Funkon 2021
-SDCC-Special Edition 2021- Pop! Quiz - Auditions (Rejected)
-Funko Fundays 2022
-FDO9- San Diego 2023
-Camp Fundays 2023 (Sandwich survivor!)

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:05 am

That sounds like a difficult one with the size of cast members they employ.
Last edited by digithor on Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

Niteowl_1

Postby Niteowl_1 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:42 am

RSVHockeyDad wrote:
Niteowl_1 wrote:
RSVHockeyDad wrote:

Sign me up! \:D/

You got it!
Iso: freddy funko as doc brown regular and glow, back to the future protos,mirio hero costume (lemillion)proto, killua proto, one piece and demon slayer protos
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:58 am

FunkoBurro3 wrote:It would be great to see cast members being created from

Some of the cast member costumes are great, Haunted mansion, tower of terror bellhop for sure. Maybe Saavi and Doc Ondar??? Not cast members but shop owners lol
Image Image ImageImage

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:12 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:

Some of the cast member costumes are great, Haunted mansion, tower of terror bellhop for sure. Maybe Saavi and Doc Ondar??? Not cast members but shop owners lol

You know, I have never paid much attention to the cast members costumes. I’m so wrapped up with my daughter and making sure she’s having a great time when we’re there. But your post will definitely make me take notice the next time we go. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

grumpysf23

Postby grumpysf23 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:29 am

Haunted Mansion Hatbox Ghost or all of them needs to happen. I'll take one in a Figment too.

kdmlvr

Postby kdmlvr » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:48 pm

All the Haunted Mansion Ghost
Funko Pop Fan & Loungefly fan.

FunkoBurro3

Postby FunkoBurro3 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:42 pm

lavery01 wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:

You know, I have never paid much attention to the cast members costumes. I’m so wrapped up with my daughter and making sure she’s having a great time when we’re there. But your post will definitely make me take notice the next time we go. lol

Very unique! I mean some people cosplay as cast members so would be nice to have Disney funko sodas
Abel H 3 :freddy2:
The United Funko Family

-Funkowood (Funko Hollywood) Grand Opening
-Funko Virtual-Con 2020
-Funkon 2021
-SDCC-Special Edition 2021- Pop! Quiz - Auditions (Rejected)
-Funko Fundays 2022
-FDO9- San Diego 2023
-Camp Fundays 2023 (Sandwich survivor!)

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:47 pm

That would be a great idea! I'd even put a little spin on top of it and have Mickey (or some other character) wearing let's say an Autopia costume. Common could be the existing costume and chase could be an older version.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:38 am

Those haunted mansion ghosts would be cool, of course I'd want those in glow versions.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Soda”