Funko Games

Here's a place to talk about Funko's clothing, books and bookmarks, homeware, electronics, and the like.
Freddy Funko

Funko Games

Postby Freddy Funko » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:31 pm

Hi Funatics!

My friends at Funko Games have given me a few games to give away! I hope you have enjoyed playing a couple of them! What I would like to know is which board game is/was your all-time favorite? It could be anything from your childhood to present day! Tell me why it's your favorite also! Even post a photo with friends or family playing that board game if you have one! Also, do you own any Funko Games?

After reading everyone's entry, I will randomly choose 3 WINNERS! Yes, 3 this time! The winners will receive ONE board game from Funko Games!

Contest will end on Monday, 10/25, at 11:59p (PT).
Winners will receive a PM on Tuesday, 10/26.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Freddy Funko :freddy3:
Last edited by Freddy Funko on Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

opopssum

Re: Funko Games

Postby opopssum » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:48 pm

Deck building games are fun, once you learn the mechanics it’s easy to pick up other deck builder games.
Sentinels of the multiverse is one of my favorites, you play with your friends instead of against them and it has some fun hero’s and villains.
I wish I had pics from our board game nights but hopefully we can have more soon.

I don’t own any funko games … yet! It’s been hard to pick up any new games these last few months knowing they won’t get used :(
- tauntaunking on instagram

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:52 pm

Mouse Trap. I used to love to play that game with my family members. Okay, maybe I used to love to play the game and they just let me do all the work. It was fun to see what would happen :)

Yep ... we own some Funko games ... a few different versions of FunkoVerse and a few different versions of Something Wild!

I'm Greg. My son is "RSVHockeyDude". We collect Funko products together.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Funko Soda (My New Favorite): 762 different Sodas including Intl Versions
Other Funko Products (Hikari, Vynl, Wobblers, etc) = 87
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

Niteowl_1

Postby Niteowl_1 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:32 pm

I have always loved playing settlers of catan once introduced. The game just feels fun when you play the special editions. Definitely loved the game of thrones version
Iso: freddy funko as doc brown regular and glow, back to the future protos,mirio hero costume (lemillion)proto, killua proto, one piece and demon slayer protos
Image Image Image Image Image Image

mikechickenhead

Postby mikechickenhead » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:52 am

Other than the old Star Wars customizable card game...ive always loved monopoly. The reason why?? Because I DOMINATE you all at it! Ha!
HEY HO! FUNKO!

ImageImage Image Image
Fundays. 3 FDO. 3

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:36 am

My Favorite game is monoploy, I played it mostly on Christmas eve in order to close the gap to midnight when we could then open up out gifts. I have two DC, one Jurrasic park, one golden girls, and Game of Thrones Funkoverse games. I love them.
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

Optimistic

Postby Optimistic » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:52 am

Freddy Funko wrote:Hi Funatics!

Contest will end on Monday, 8/25, at 11:59p (PT).
Winners will receive a PM on Tuesday, 8/26.

I think you meant October and not August, just so people aren't confused

But don't worry I think we all got you
:freddy4:

Animation (and occasionally Ad Icons) collector. Dorbz (RIP), Soda, Pop and Pez focused.

lunarembrace

Postby lunarembrace » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:58 am

People who know me in real life, know that board games are seriously one of my favorite things. I could play all day. I'm pretty sure the few people that do know me, are probably tired of me constantly asking them to play with me. I was even able to convince a few people during a FDO to come around and play, and trying to teach Roll for the Galaxy at 10 PM a day before the fun wasn't the best idea. Haha. Even before my mom passed away, every week I would coax my parents with a homemade dinner and force them to play board games with my husband and I. I'm hoping my brother moves back to the US, so we can force him and his wife to play with us, too! I might have a problem. My normal game night group is 6 people, so I try to find games that will fit that many people. It can be a little hard to find games that will play that many people sometimes.

Currently, I do only have The Haunted Mansion game and Last Defense from Funko Games. I love all things Disney, so I couldn't wait to get my hands on The Haunted Mansion! The game play is pretty awesome, easy to learn, and requires some strategy. The artwork on the box, cards, and board are amazing! Last Defense is pretty intense. My husband gets REALLY into it, and when they timer is ticking away, it's funny to see him get so worked up trying to make it before the end.

Settlers of Catan was the game that started it all, though. It spurred a serious passion. There are lots of expansions, and they just released a new one with DRAGONS!

I do also love TeeTurtle games. I have every single one, and every single expansion. They are usually simple games with awesome artwork!

In all honesty, though, game nights give me the excuse to make a serious food spread (I've gotten overboard with it lately. And I love it) and spend time with the people I want to share my life with!

If you're ever in the Chattanooga, TN area, more than welcome over for a game night!
Melissa

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:09 am

Battleship and Clue were my ultimate jams as a kid.

homietrav
HoF 2017 & CotM
HoF 2017 & CotM

Postby homietrav » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:41 pm

I’ve always been kind of a chess guy. Played a bunch when I was a kid. I also really liked Life. Thought that one was pretty fun too.

Thanks!
Travis

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:24 pm

I'd have to go with Cranium. I remember playing it in high school with my family and having a blast. I was never good at humming songs, but always loved the drawing and trivia questions. I recently played it with my wife and her family and it's still fun today. I only own one Funko game (ESPN Trivia Night) and it's awesome! I love the mini games you can play if you miss a question which makes it more enjoyable if you don't know a ton about sports.

Thanks for the giveaway Freddy!
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

ComicsZombie

Postby ComicsZombie » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:37 pm

Oh my gosh! So many!

I'mma gonna have to say Gears of War. It was an expensive buy, but it was so refreshing. With co-op play and clever health and Artificial Intelligence gameplay rules, it felt like the videogame! Chest high cover that you could dive behind! Brilliantly detailed pieces. There was a wide range of missions and game types as well as a good variation of difficulty that made it fun to play over and over.

And dang, Battlestar Galactica was great too! XD It's so hard to choose Freddy!!!

Thanks for listening! Good luck everyone!
#BeastBoyShrine
ISO: >> \:D/ Any Beast Boy Proto (in White and color), & My Hero Academia Wave 2 Protos <<

"I don't collect LEGOs. I play with LEGOs. I don't play with Pops. I collect Pops."

IG: ComicsZombie
TW: @ComicsZombie
Tumblr: TheComicsZombie
YT: ComicsZombie

CollectorBadger

Postby CollectorBadger » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:48 pm

My favorite game of all time is Hero Quest! I played it so much as a kid and even still own the copy I had from way back then!

We have a pretty decent collection of Battle World! I love the collecting aspect that comes with the game and me and the kids love getting new figures to add to our set!

Thanks Freddy!!!

Nick IG: collector.badger

Karubin

Postby Karubin » Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:33 pm

My favorite board game is Candy Land! I love the Pop version of them!

Calvin
IG: karubin_funko
Twitter: Karubin_funko

Main Line: DBZ, MHA, Naruto, NBA, Anime, Kingdom Hearts, and Overwatch
Sub Line: Freddy Funko, Pop Asia, Marvel, DC, and etc.
Pop!: 2,000+
Dorbz: 150+
ISO: Atomic Freddy & Hall H Freddy

Funko events attended FUNday 2019: Team Loko Moko, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FunKon 2021, Virtual FUNday 2021: Team Proto Punks

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:00 am

Arkham Horror is probably my favorite board game. Most rounds were anywhere from 3-6 hours (depending on player count). Some weekends in high school, we'd drive 15 miles to load up on snacks and then play nonstop for 3 rounds. If I had to guess, I have over 300 hours playing.
Hi, I'm Dillon!

IG: cptsailor

PopCollector
HoF 2018 & CotM
HoF 2018 & CotM

Postby PopCollector » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:14 pm

I loved playing Pictionary when I was growing up. My friends and I had such a good time and many laughs as we tried to figure out each other's drawings!
I'm Lewis - "...from Collectors, to Friends, to Family"

ImageImageImage Image ImageImage

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:35 am

My friends at Funko Games have given me a few games to give away! I hope you have enjoyed playing a couple of them! What I would like to know if which board game is/was your all-time favorite? It could be anything from your childhood to present day! Tell me why it's your favorite also! Even post a photo with friends or family playing that board game if you have one! Also, do you own any Funko Games?

After reading everyone's entry, I will randomly choose 3 WINNERS! Yes, 3 this time! The winners will receive ONE board game from Funko Games!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Freddy Funko :freddy3:

Growing up my favorite board game was Hero Quest. I never really played it properly, didn’t have anyone to but I got it as a gift and I played with all the figures that it came with as a kid so it’s not all sad lol.

I own the 4 player Harry Potter (which I won via a Funko Twitch stream) and the 2 player Rick & Morty Funko board games (which I got as a Christmas gift from my wife).

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:00 am

Well I don't know if I can just one game, mine go back a good amount to some classics years ago. Game of Life was always a top favorite of mine though.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:16 pm

I would say for sure it was Sorry or Chutes and ladders. I spent some many hours playing with my family during family game night these games. They would get very competitive which really brought out the fun. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

Freddy Funko

Postby Freddy Funko » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:36 pm

Thanks to those who have entered so far! There is still time to enter! Ends tonight! Good luck everybody! Hope you had a good weekend!

Freddy Funko

Postby Freddy Funko » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:36 pm

Optimistic wrote:

Whoops, yes I meant October. I was in a hurry. It was the weekend and I was ready to skate!

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:53 am

Freddy Funko wrote:
Optimistic wrote:

Whoops, yes I meant October. I was in a hurry. It was the weekend and I was ready to skate!

so real talk, how do you rock a crown and helmet at the same time? lol :freddy2:

Freddy Funko

Postby Freddy Funko » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:55 pm

mongoose12 wrote:
Freddy Funko wrote:
Optimistic wrote:

so real talk, how do you rock a crown and helmet at the same time? lol :freddy2:

Easy! You wear the helmet that has a crown already on top of it. ;-)

Freddy Funko

Postby Freddy Funko » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:56 pm

Thanks for entering funatics! I'll be choosing winners shortly! Hope you are having a good week so far!

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:59 pm

Freddy Funko wrote:Thanks for entering funatics! I'll be choosing winners shortly! Hope you are having a good week so far!

You too, Freddy!!
Hi, I'm Dillon!

IG: cptsailor

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:30 pm

Freddy Funko wrote:Thanks for entering funatics! I'll be choosing winners shortly! Hope you are having a good week so far!

Thanks so much for this giveaway!

Niteowl_1

Postby Niteowl_1 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:39 am

Thank you for the giveaway opportunity!!!
Iso: freddy funko as doc brown regular and glow, back to the future protos,mirio hero costume (lemillion)proto, killua proto, one piece and demon slayer protos
Image Image Image Image Image Image

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:10 pm

Thanks for another fun opportunity, Freddy!

Just wanted to share my experience with Funko Games even though I missed the entry. I think it's a great opportunity to bond with friends and family. I bought the Harry Potter set for my nieces in the Philippines and was able to learn how to play during my last visit there. We were able to create some fun memories while playing with them and my other cousins.

It's been a bit difficult to get together with friends to play board games because of the pandemic, but I still do collect a few sets. The last time I played with friends, we swapped out game board pieces for actual pops. One of my friends used Jollibee with Joker's skill set card LOL
Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Funko Collectibles Count:4000+
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 794 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576
FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:19 pm

Sharing a photo of our fam playing in the PI :P Realized no one shared photos hehehe

Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Funko Collectibles Count:4000+
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 794 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576
FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:24 am

Just wanted to thank Funko and Funko Games for awarding me this great board games prize pack! Many victories shall be had

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:09 pm

I never tried one. Is it fun?
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:34 am

Fugly16 wrote:Just wanted to thank Funko and Funko Games for awarding me this great board games prize pack! Many victories shall be had

I just played that HM game today, and then found this thread. Its a TON of fun! Id like to know how the Goonies one is
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

FunCo010

Postby FunCo010 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:30 am

Ginzo1622 wrote:I never tried one. Is it fun?

I've seen the games passing by so many times, but never thought: I'd buy one.
But I like to know how cool these are to play, so I'm thinking to buy one pretty soon.
Now first figure out which one to choose :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
PLEASE FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM: FUNCO010

Return to “Other Funko Products”