Funko Platinum Card

Here's a place to talk about Funko's clothing, books and bookmarks, homeware, electronics, and the like.
thefunkohunko

Funko Platinum Card

Postby thefunkohunko » Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:23 pm

Just picked up a special piece! This is the Funko Platinum Card! This was given out to Funatics who: were in good standing for 3+ years, attended 2 previous Fundays (or one Fundays and 2 FDOs), and had an 1000 post count minimum on the forums. Funatics who were eligible were sent this card to show to Mike and Brian at Funko events such as Fundays, Comic-Cons, etc. to receive a special limited edition product.

Here's my goal: I'd love for Funatics who previously have owned this to share and comment what you have received because of the Platinum Card!
Hey y’all, I'm Austin! I love putting smiles on people’s faces through my love for collecting and art!
Follow me on Instagram @thefunkohunko and check out my Funko art portfolio!
Aspring Funko artist!
In search of 2004 SDCC Funko-Mart items & old school Funko memorabilia!

FunkOCD

Re: Funko Platinum Card

Postby FunkOCD » Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:11 pm

Can't wait to hear the stories!
ImageImageImageImage

FunkoAlphaBravo

Postby FunkoAlphaBravo » Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:56 pm

Congrats man!!! This is such a cool piece
Hi all! We’re Annie and Beto. We have been collecting since 2016
ImageImage
ImageImage

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:47 am

You crazy son of a gun, you did it. Congrats on the acquisition!

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:27 am

Awesome! I know Funko has mentioned doing something similar again which I would love. Heck come out with a Funko credit card even and I'll be all over it lol
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

thefunkohunko

Postby thefunkohunko » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:29 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:Awesome! I know Funko has mentioned doing something similar again which I would love. Heck come out with a Funko credit card even and I'll be all over it lol

That sounds awesome! Though I’d be scared to check the requirements because I’ve only been collecting for about 5-6 years LOL
Hey y’all, I'm Austin! I love putting smiles on people’s faces through my love for collecting and art!
Aspring Funko artist!

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:07 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:Awesome! I know Funko has mentioned doing something similar again which I would love. Heck come out with a Funko credit card even and I'll be all over it lol

Now that is a fun idea Brett about the Funko CC. I couldn't even image if that were to happen and how many applications Visa/MC would get. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:12 am

Congrats on the card I too would love to hear of stories of funatics receiving gifts when showing the card, I'd be all in on funko cc with perks
:freddy3:

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:42 am

Jalapenopete wrote:Congrats on the card I too would love to hear of stories of funatics receiving gifts when showing the card, I'd be all in on funko cc with perks

Don't you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:23 am

I had my card for two years before it went kaput. I still carry it in my wallet though.

What i remember as a stand out is receiving the clear Freddy Funko pop holding SDCC logo sign. Fundays Year 2014/96 pieces.

I know that one year during Fundays the Plat card gave the cardholder an additional “turn” at the table of Freddy pops.

Cant remember anything else.

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:38 am

Geescube wrote:I had my card for two years before it went kaput. I still carry it in my wallet though.

What i remember as a stand out is receiving the clear Freddy Funko pop holding SDCC logo sign. Fundays Year 2014/96 pieces.

I know that one year during Fundays the Plat card gave the cardholder an additional “turn” at the table of Freddy pops.

Oh wow that is pretty cool history! I remember reading about canned corn at fundays? I have a blockbuster card still...lol :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Image Image Image Image

Alleycat
HoF 2008 & CotY
HoF 2008 & CotY

Postby Alleycat » Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:50 pm

I was designated the keeper of the Platinum Card Club by Brian for a couple years. I'd review Funatics requests and sent out cards if they qualified.

For a few years, this card permitted it's holder to receive free Pop! (and wacky wobblers for a time). There were give-aways at Fundays and at the SDCC Funko booth exclusively for card holders. Funko staff was on board to verify one had a card before being gifted. I recall many 48's - even a couple of years when there were more Pop!s than Funatics - so there were left over 48's!!! Unheard of now.

Craig here......

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:11 pm

Tusken wrote:Oh wow that is pretty cool history! I remember reading about canned corn at fundays? I have a blockbuster card still...lol :freddy3:

The can of corn is a Fundays thing, not tied to the Platinum Card.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:46 am

Alleycat wrote:I was designated the keeper of the Platinum Card Club by Brian for a couple years. I'd review Funatics requests and sent out cards if they qualified.

For a few years, this card permitted it's holder to receive free Pop! (and wacky wobblers for a time). There were give-aways at Fundays and at the SDCC Funko booth exclusively for card holders. Funko staff was on board to verify one had a card before being gifted. I recall many 48's - even a couple of years when there were more Pop!s than Funatics - so there were left over 48's!!! Unheard of now.

Great story, Craig. Thank you for sharing! :freddy1:
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

thefunkohunko

Postby thefunkohunko » Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:22 am

Alleycat wrote:I was designated the keeper of the Platinum Card Club by Brian for a couple years. I'd review Funatics requests and sent out cards if they qualified.

Now this is the type of story that I wanted to hear from this thread! Thanks for sharing, Craig! Wondering if you can recall some products that were a result of showing the platinum card? Any personal favorites?
Aspring Funko artist!

thefunkohunko

Postby thefunkohunko » Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:53 am

Geescube wrote:I had my card for two years before it went kaput. I still carry it in my wallet though.

Amazing story! If only it could get you an additional “turn” these days! LOL
Aspring Funko artist!

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:14 am

Congrats on adding that sweet card to your collection my friend! I love hearing the history and the stories behind it! I love mine! I would love to see Funko do something like this again, I think it would be very popular if they did! \:D/
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Facebook: Tate McCarty
Colorado Funatic

thefunkohunko

Postby thefunkohunko » Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:22 pm

SpaceDude wrote:Congrats on adding that sweet card to your collection my friend! I love hearing the history and the stories behind it! I love mine! I would love to see Funko do something like this again, I think it would be very popular if they did! \:D/

Twinsies!!! lol
Aspring Funko artist!

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:41 am

I didn’t know it was being considered/tossed around. I’d love if it came to be…and ditto on the credit card haha.

philipali

Postby philipali » Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:48 am

thefunkohunko wrote:Just picked up a special piece! This is the Funko Platinum Card! This was given out to Funatics who: were in good standing for 3+ years, attended 2 previous Fundays (or one Fundays and 2 FDOs), and had an 1000 post count minimum on the forums. Funatics who were eligible were sent this card to show to Mike and Brian at Funko events such as Fundays, Comic-Cons, etc. to receive a special limited edition product.

Here's my goal: I'd love for Funatics who previously have owned this to share and comment what you have received because of the Platinum Card!

Wow! Wish i can have this card too :D
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:43 pm

SpaceDude wrote:Congrats on adding that sweet card to your collection my friend! I love hearing the history and the stories behind it! I love mine! I would love to see Funko do something like this again, I think it would be very popular if they did! \:D/

If Funko did something like that again with a special card, it would be nice for them to start with the active Funatics on the board. Maybe it would drive more traffic back to the boards. With Freddy becoming active again I know that is helping too. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Image Image Image Image

hawkman2

Postby hawkman2 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:45 pm

My best thing I used with my card was at Fundays, and Brian said anyone with the Platinum Card could pick 3 Pops from the Table all were One of 96's. Got Rocky ,Game of Thrones and forgot the 3rd one. But sadly the card program was stopped over 5 years ago. The first was a Huckleberry Hound (Wobbler) I believe was 1 of 48. I still carry card for any Funko Event in hopes it gets a revival. [-o<

angrykoalagear

Postby angrykoalagear » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:52 pm

Congrats the acquiring the card. The year it ended I was hoping to go for it and join the club. Hopefully a chance at it coming back.

sahens04

Postby sahens04 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:32 pm

thefunkohunko wrote:Just picked up a special piece! This is the Funko Platinum Card! This was given out to Funatics who: were in good standing for 3+ years, attended 2 previous Fundays (or one Fundays and 2 FDOs), and had an 1000 post count minimum on the forums. Funatics who were eligible were sent this card to show to Mike and Brian at Funko events such as Fundays, Comic-Cons, etc. to receive a special limited edition product.

Congrats on the cool addition!
Sabrina AKA sahens04/BrassOctopus04
Funklub #8049
Funatic of the Week: September 8, 2022
First Pop!: Dark World Loki 36
ISO: Loki button from blind bags, Sailor Saturn mini, Haunted Mansion mini protos, Vanellope Dorbz Ride Proto, other Wreck it Ralph themed protos
:freddy1:

Freddy Funko

Postby Freddy Funko » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:47 pm

That is a piece of Funko history right there! Congrats on obtaining one!

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:14 pm

Freddy Funko wrote:That is a piece of Funko history right there! Congrats on obtaining one!

Hi Freddy,

What are your thoughts on maybe bringing something like this back for the active board funatics? :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Image Image Image Image

Funkopaul91

Postby Funkopaul91 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:57 pm

That's an amazing piece!

Marvel_Mama

Postby Marvel_Mama » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:00 pm

See this is why I love the boards. I learn something new almost every time I start hunting on here. I didnt know that was a thing and what an awesome idea that was. Great piece to add to your collection.
Diedre Loves her Funko Family
marvel_mama444 on insta - formerly Divade23 Marvel_Mama

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:36 am

Are these still being given out to those who qualify?
Image Image
ImageImage

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:41 am

DrunkoPop wrote:Are these still being given out to those who qualify?

Nope was discontinued in 2016.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

thefunkohunko

Postby thefunkohunko » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:03 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:

What he said, sadly I don't see anything like this making an appearance again unless a Credit Card releases LOL
Aspring Funko artist!

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:45 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:

That sucks. I wish it were still around. :blush:
Image Image
ImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:47 pm

thefunkohunko wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:

What he said, sadly I don't see anything like this making an appearance again unless a Credit Card releases LOL

Funko debt. :roflmao:
Image Image
ImageImage

Niteowl_1

Postby Niteowl_1 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:46 pm

Oh that looks so awesome
Iso: freddy funko as doc brown regular and glow, back to the future protos,mirio hero costume (lemillion)proto, killua proto, one piece and demon slayer protos
Image Image Image Image Image Image

FlinksPoppinPics

Postby FlinksPoppinPics » Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:30 am

So cool!

Jonathan (Jenkins) | IG: @FlinksPoppinPics
Make life one long weekend!
#FunkoFamily since 2015

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:59 pm

What is the credit limit on this card and where do I apply? :D :roflmao:

This is cool and is great for your collection!!

Hi, I'm JASON!
You can follow me on Instagram: @jpg_rising or on Twitter: @jpg_rising
I also have an Instagram just for my Funko Photography: @PhoenixForcePhotos
I've been collecting since 2013: It started with Marvel and quickly became a collection of, a little bit of everything in between!

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:08 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
thefunkohunko wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:

It seems a Funko credit card is not necessary to be in Funko debt LOL
ImageImageImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:29 pm

FunkOCD wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
thefunkohunko wrote:What he said, sadly I don't see anything like this making an appearance again unless a Credit Card releases LOL

It seems a Funko credit card is not necessary to be in Funko debt LOL

Yea and I could actually see this happening TBH
Image Image
ImageImage

Legion Of Boom
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby Legion Of Boom » Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:15 am

I carry mine around with me still just in case... :D
name's Av

Instagram - @av.cruz // Twitter - @avcruz76

IG & Twitter - @averagenerdpod

Fundays 2014 - Fundays 2015 - Fundays 2016 - Fundays 2017 - Fundays 2018 - Fundays 2019 - Fundays 2022 - Fundays 2023
Fright Night 2016 - Fright Night II 2022

FDO8SF 2018 - FDO9SAC 2023
"Making Fun" World Premiere - Hollywood 2018
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening 2019
FunKon 2021 - FunKon 2022

randig

Postby randig » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:43 pm

I can only dream!
Fundays: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

ImageImage

Return to “Other Funko Products”