Mondo Collectors!!

Here's a place to talk about Funko's clothing, books and bookmarks, homeware, electronics, and the like.
JCFun

Mondo Collectors!!

Postby JCFun » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:32 am

So, not sure about everyone else, but I for one am super pumped that Mondo is joining the Funko gang!! I think it'll be a great partnership with a easier way to know about items and purchasing, hopefully like LoungeFly has been.

Regarding Mondo specifically, I've been a fan and collector since 2013 when I randomly stumbled onto their Alien GITD poster drop and was hooked! Since then, I've managed to get my hands on a Predator, Star Wars, Avengers, Batman Returns posters, some of their tiki mugs, and a few of their vinyl records, among other items.

I would love to know what everyone else here has acquired, and maybe some posters or items you would also love to see either at SDCC this year (2022) or in the future. Also, any hopes for the what the new partnership will provide!
Image ImageImageImage

0mie

Re: Mondo Collectors!!

Postby 0mie » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:54 am

Never heard of them until I saw the acquisition post :-"

My NFT collections zlyau.wam | wallet.dp | funatic.ftw
FUNKLUB MEMBER #1337

FerrisGuy3

Postby FerrisGuy3 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:46 am

I’ve heard of Mondo but have never purchased anything from them. I know they sell lots of posters and prints. Excited for this as I collect Marvel movie posters.
Hi, I’m Tom. Michigan Based Funatic collecting since 2014

o2thedbld5

Postby o2thedbld5 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:54 am

I am excited to see where this acquisition will take Mondo. They provide such quality products already especially with their exclusive posters every year.

I'm also curious about MondoCon and if that will still be a thing that Funko will take over or if Funko will just integrate into. If it will still be in Texas it might be worth making a trip out there from CA to see the Con finally. That would be super exciting!
This be Aud, o2thedbld, odd!
Fav pop: Thumper :bunny:
ISO: The Jesus from The Big Lebowski, Audrey Hepburn Wacky Wobbler, Mars Attacks Martian

ImageImageImage

MiniDeadpool

Postby MiniDeadpool » Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:25 pm

I have a few questions, although otherwise Im pretty interested to see where this will go. Will Mondo end up being a subforum on the boards?
My instagram: Sickleclaw

NightStyle

Postby NightStyle » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:31 pm

Unfortunately never heard of the company until the announcement but they have some interesting stuff. Can't wait to see what they will offer with Funko and if anything new will be at San Diego.

sirwindu

Postby sirwindu » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:36 pm

I love the Mondo posters. At SDCC, I have not managed to get any due to quick sellouts! But I keep trying.

Takit0

Postby Takit0 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:42 pm

I have been to MondoCon and it's so much fun, I hope they keep it going.

artistickc 13

Postby artistickc 13 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:22 pm

I'm ready for some Mondo reveals. I never can get any of the awesome posters, tgise lines or online sales are tough. Hoping to try again this year.
Image Image

Chingy

Postby Chingy » Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:06 pm

I love Mondo and I usually buy whatever LE record they have at SDCC. I'm so amped to see the "record shop" be part of Funkovill this year.

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:42 pm

I have several Mondo exclusives. Mostly motu. Keldor, Man at Arms and Hordak. Also have the Iron giant with car exclusive. Very well made figures. Just need more space to display everything!
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

lazcommalisa
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby lazcommalisa » Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:54 pm

I love the Mondo pieces I have. They're currently in storage but I have 3 nice 24x36 prints for Marvel w/ 1 being an ABSOLUTE GRAIL of mine. Back in 2018, they released a gorgeous print of one of my favorite artists, Matty Taylor, featuring the first 10 years of the MCU that was also the cover art for the program book. It was limited to LE 1,000 and was won via a lotto and they have a variant edition that was first come, first serve but also sold out rather quickly. I was so bummed I missed out on it so in a FB group I was in, I was able to snag one for about $150 bc the person wanted a first to marker Doctor Who pop (win, win for both of us).

I also have the Mondo vinyl set of the Infinity War & Endgame which is the most elegant packaged thing I've ever seen in my life. Its 6 vinyls w/ each pressing matching an infinity stone. The artwork is done by Matty Taylor which was another bonus.

I love everything they make but I gotta be extremely picky nowadays.

The only thing I regret not getting was the MondoCon variant of 100soft Dumpster Fire. Its a black dumpster fire w/ a red resin flame that's LE 75.
:freddy2:
~Lisa

IG: itallstartedwitha_pop
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:00 pm

I'll be honest never heard of Mondo before this. Did realize in my search I knew some of the products though. Excites to see what this brings in the future.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

Brutesquad

Postby Brutesquad » Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:57 pm

Always been a big fan of Mondo, from their posters, to vinyl, to the figures they produce.. their SDCC exclusive's are typically some of my favorites..and as popular as they were they still seemed to have that local "indie band" kind of feel for me as far as a company, excited to see how this will affect and expand their fanbase..

Hopesdenial

Postby Hopesdenial » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:05 pm

Congratulations to Funko on this inquisition! Mondo has amazing products - Favorite is the Ramona Flowers vinyl figure they did a few years back.

justan_obody

Postby justan_obody » Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:21 pm

I know a lot of people that are in love with Mondo. I have no idea how they continue to find wall space to put them up. As far as Funko buying them, I didn't see that coming. But I assume funko believe they can increase Mondo's reach/sales/profits. Maybe they will do some combo releases like a limited run Funko POP! along with a cool limited matching figure poster
Image Image

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:49 pm

justan_obody wrote:I know a lot of people that are in love with Mondo. I have no idea how they continue to find wall space to put them up.

I am out of wall space myself so I have been thinking of buying one of the large portfolios for all of my screen prints. It’s what I did with my SDCC mini posters and all of my signed photos years ago and I love it.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

MiniDeadpool

Postby MiniDeadpool » Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:52 pm

scullysdad wrote:
justan_obody wrote:I know a lot of people that are in love with Mondo. I have no idea how they continue to find wall space to put them up.

I am out of wall space myself so I have been thinking of buying one of the large portfolios for all of my screen prints. It’s what I did with my SDCC mini posters and all of my signed photos years ago and I love it.

I do have large portfolios and thats definitely one solution. However the biggest portfolios i can find at my local stores dont go as big as some of the mondo prints

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:58 pm

MiniDeadpool wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

I do have large portfolios and thats definitely one solution. However the biggest portfolios i can find at my local stores dont go as big as some of the mondo prints

One of the screen print companies sends me emails about poster sized ones, if I can find the link I will post it in here. What has stopped me is the price, they are fairly expensive.

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

MiniDeadpool

Postby MiniDeadpool » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:35 pm

scullysdad wrote:
MiniDeadpool wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

One of the screen print companies sends me emails about poster sized ones, if I can find the link I will post it in here. What has stopped me is the price, they are fairly expensive.

Okay, that would definitely help me in storage. I know that i use at least three different sizes of portfolios. One for comic art, one for autographs, and another for artwork commisions/original art that i dont have space for.

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:22 pm

MiniDeadpool wrote:Okay, that would definitely help me in storage. I know that i use at least three different sizes of portfolios. One for comic art, one for autographs, and another for artwork commisions/original art that i dont have space for.

Here you are: https://www.baroqueportfolios.com/?mc_c ... 4d3ab12130

machphantom

Postby machphantom » Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:55 am

Just checked and in 2019, Mondo started revealing their SDCC exclusives on July 2nd so hoping we hear some news soon on that front!

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:31 am

I dipped into my SDCC money and bought the He-man figure. :eek:
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:09 am

supertoygiant wrote:I dipped into my SDCC money and bought the He-man figure. :eek:

it's an amazing looking figure, such an improvement over the first one.

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:36 am

I can tell you that im STILL super sour that I missed The Crow drop by Matt Tobin and then missed it again during their “vault” sale as well as his own AP stash sale. LOL

On the other hand I did score a rare Tomorrow War print signed by Chris Pratt AND got the Home Alone LP re-issue

grumpysf23

Postby grumpysf23 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:46 am

I discovered Mondo 8 years ago at SDCC. My grails are the Back to the Future Laurent Durieux prints although I'm still looking for part 1. I'll admit though, Mondo's recent releases have not been great and so I hope with Funko acquiring Mondo, they're able to get more licenses for their artist to work on.

littlegoldie

Postby littlegoldie » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:48 am

Love Mondo's prints and toys and can't wait to see there release announcements next week.

odnar

Postby odnar » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:45 pm

I just have a couple of mondo posters but a few friends are really into them. would love to get a freddy mondo poster down the line (not sure it would be in the cards this year) and curious to see how they incorporate mondo into the booth or possible lotto.

gospeedracer

Postby gospeedracer » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:52 pm

FerrisGuy3 wrote:I’ve heard of Mondo but have never purchased anything from them. I know they sell lots of posters and prints. Excited for this as I collect Marvel movie posters.

The only thing I know about Mondo is about 4-5 years ago a friend asked me to turn on notifications for some print that was going on sale. I got the notification and was able to get to their table in time to get it for my friend. So should be interesting now Funko has them :freddy3: :freddy4:

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:43 pm

odnar wrote:I just have a couple of mondo posters but a few friends are really into them. would love to get a freddy mondo poster down the line (not sure it would be in the cards this year) and curious to see how they incorporate mondo into the booth or possible lotto.

I don't have any Mondo posters, but I do love the art of them. IF they make a Freddy Funko one, im totally getting it one way or another!
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

Rick_Morty46

Postby Rick_Morty46 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:16 am

sirwindu wrote:I love the Mondo posters. At SDCC, I have not managed to get any due to quick sellouts! But I keep trying.

The 2021 virtual sdcc was the first time I was able to get some Mondo posters without them all selling out. It will be interesting to see how long they last next to the funko booth.

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:27 pm

Besides the 2018 SDCC marvel poster we don’t have any Mondo pieces. But I’m sure that’ll change since merging with Funko because collectively they’ll create things that we’ll definitely want to add to our collection.
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

FerrisGuy3

Postby FerrisGuy3 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:27 pm

gospeedracer wrote:
FerrisGuy3 wrote:I’ve heard of Mondo but have never purchased anything from them. I know they sell lots of posters and prints. Excited for this as I collect Marvel movie posters.

The only thing I know about Mondo is about 4-5 years ago a friend asked me to turn on notifications for some print that was going on sale. I got the notification and was able to get to their table in time to get it for my friend. So should be interesting now Funko has them :freddy3: :freddy4:

That’s very lucky. Will def be interesting to see how things work this year
Hi, I’m Tom. Michigan Based Funatic collecting since 2014

kristineisjoy

Postby kristineisjoy » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:51 am

cant wait to see what mondo has cooked up at the funko booth this year at sdcc
LOVING MY FUNKOS!!!!

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:47 pm

I’m interested in what mondo will bring for sure. Makes you wonder about fundays and if they will join this year or next. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

FunkoBurro3

Postby FunkoBurro3 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:05 pm

kristineisjoy wrote:cant wait to see what mondo has cooked up at the funko booth this year at sdcc

Something black light or something with Freddy on it would be awesome. It’s good to see mondo joining the team !
Abel H 3 :freddy2:
The United Funko Family

-Funkowood (Funko Hollywood) Grand Opening
-Funko Virtual-Con 2020
-Funkon 2021
-SDCC-Special Edition 2021- Pop! Quiz - Auditions (Rejected)
-Funko Fundays 2022
-FDO9- San Diego 2023
-Camp Fundays 2023 (Sandwich survivor!)

Spiffythedog

Postby Spiffythedog » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:06 pm

scullysdad wrote:
MiniDeadpool wrote:Okay, that would definitely help me in storage. I know that i use at least three different sizes of portfolios. One for comic art, one for autographs, and another for artwork commisions/original art that i dont have space for.

Here you are: https://www.baroqueportfolios.com/?mc_c ... 4d3ab12130

I have some of their portfolios, to house my ridiculously sized Mondo and Bottleneck poster collection. They’re pricey but Mondo posters are quality so well worth protecting them.
You can call me Spiff ;)
I collect Star Wars, mini things, cute things, and FRIENDS!

machphantom

Postby machphantom » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:12 pm

comic book guy

Postby comic book guy » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:56 pm

machphantom wrote:First Mondo SDCC Exclusives!

https://sdccblog.com/2022/07/mondo-san- ... xclusives/

Mondo is killing it as usual. That Batman record is so cool! The figures are probably out of my price range but they are next level!!!

Can't wait to see what else they might reveal next.
:king: Mike

swobobafett
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Hall of Fame Class of 2007

Postby swobobafett » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:50 pm

I was pretty excited. Think of the potential to re-release Pop versions of famous albums from the past. Plus their poster art and books are absolutely amazing.
Funko Funbae

Return to “Other Funko Products”