your oddest piece of Funko, special Funko history

Here's a place to talk about Funko's clothing, books and bookmarks, homeware, electronics, and the like.
BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Re: your oddest piece of Funko, special Funko history

Postby BigM » Thu May 13, 2021 9:41 am

renardchua wrote:Been trying to search one variant for the longest time, finally got one! Big Bag Wolf Funko Motorheadz!

NICE! This is very high on my list of things to find... been searching by for years.

Congrats on a cool piece of Funko history!
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

Universal_ghost

Postby Universal_ghost » Mon May 31, 2021 6:59 am

I have a few blox

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:35 am

Hey all, I want to share my “Funatics Only” parking sign! This sign was made at Wild Bill’s by Bill himself, not many Funatics know about this super unique piece, so I figured I would share it! I am super happy to have this piece in my collection! Now I just have to figure out where to put it. lol I Hope you all have been well! Don’t forget to smile! ;-)
-Wobble On!
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Facebook: Tate McCarty
Colorado Funatic

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:07 pm

SpaceDude wrote:Hey all, I want to share my “Funatics Only” parking sign! This sign was made at Wild Bill’s by Bill himself, not many Funatics know about this super unique piece, so I figured I would share it! I am super happy to have this piece in my collection! Now I just have to figure out where to put it. lol I Hope you all have been well! Don’t forget to smile! ;-)
-Wobble On!

Congrats there is also a white one. I think they say the same thing. I got both back at his store and if I could go back in time I would have bought a lot more!!
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:04 pm

willy wonka wrote:
SpaceDude wrote:Hey all, I want to share my “Funatics Only” parking sign! This sign was made at Wild Bill’s by Bill himself, not many Funatics know about this super unique piece, so I figured I would share it! I am super happy to have this piece in my collection! Now I just have to figure out where to put it. lol I Hope you all have been well! Don’t forget to smile! ;-)
-Wobble On!

Congrats there is also a white one. I think they say the same thing. I got both back at his store and if I could go back in time I would have bought a lot more!!

I hope to get lucky and come across the white one at some point! Congrats on having both pal! It is such an awesome and unique piece! \:D/
2020 Rookie of the Year
Colorado Funatic

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:37 pm

-Wobble On!

Now that is a great piece of history and interesting to see. Thank you for the great share. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:05 pm

-Wobble On!

That's an amazing piece of Funko history right there! Thanks for sharing, I had no idea this even existed. Congrats on adding it to your collection :)

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:54 pm

The card board box Idol Freddy came in. Fundays 2019
Image Image
ImageImage

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:06 pm

-Wobble On!

Very Nice! Love the old school look of it. Always a pleasure in seeing your pieces. Thanks for sharing.
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:14 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:
sdcccrasher wrote:My oddest piece is a Spastik Plastik coin purse.

That's a good one too! :-) I believe i have one stashed away somewhere...thinking mine is pink lol

I have some MISC items here kind funatics have shared with me since i started collecting...

Awesome set you have there Josh!. You always have treasures in your collection. Love seeing them. I only have the orange coin purse
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:46 pm

Boymom4 wrote:
-Wobble On!

That's an amazing piece of Funko history right there! Thanks for sharing, I had no idea this even existed. Congrats on adding it to your collection :)

Thank you so much! I enjoy sharing these pieces not many know about with everyone! \:D/
2020 Rookie of the Year
Colorado Funatic

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:47 pm

Tusken wrote:
-Wobble On!

Now that is a great piece of history and interesting to see. Thank you for the great share. :freddy3:

Of course pal! Thank you!! \:D/
2020 Rookie of the Year
Colorado Funatic

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:48 pm

lavery01 wrote:
-Wobble On!

Very Nice! Love the old school look of it. Always a pleasure in seeing your pieces. Thanks for sharing.

Yes the old school look is super awesome! Appreciate the nice comment! Thank you! \:D/
2020 Rookie of the Year
Colorado Funatic

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:21 pm

willy wonka wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:

That's a good one too! :-) I believe i have one stashed away somewhere...thinking mine is pink lol

I have some MISC items here kind funatics have shared with me since i started collecting...

Awesome set you have there Josh!. You always have treasures in your collection. Love seeing them. I only have the orange coin purse

Oh gosh, that was a post with a little bit of age on it! I believe I’ve got all those coin purses except the red, unless I’m forgetting another one #-o I can’t say I ever really come across those coin purses any more, especially where I haven’t been able to travel like I usually do...
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:58 am

renardchua wrote:Been trying to search one variant for the longest time, finally got one! Big Bag Wolf Funko Motorheadz!

Now these are some unique pieces that I've never seen and would be something cool that they bring back. Nice find and happy you were able to finally to grab one. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Image Image Image Image

MissKitty

Postby MissKitty » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:11 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:Great items and topic Bear!! Speaking of odd items, I've always been a huge fan of the old Funko Hockey jerseys; I remember the first time I ever saw one was when I first met TheZilla's!! Would love to own one of them, one day! [-o<

Guess this is the closest to being odd or obscure that I have...the never-produced Funko watch! Only ever seen one other in ShoMeNodders collection!

I'll need your address to relocate. Hee hee. That watch is amazing!!

MissKitty

Postby MissKitty » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:26 pm

Mine is from Fundays 2014. The wobblers were being thrown out and I was able to grab one and someone grabbed it out of my hand (RUDE!) and all I have left is an arm. So if you see a wobbler with just one arm, you know that person isn't good at sharing. Ha

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:49 am

MissKitty wrote:Mine is from Fundays 2014. The wobblers were being thrown out and I was able to grab one and someone grabbed it out of my hand (RUDE!) and all I have left is an arm. So if you see a wobbler with just one arm, you know that person isn't good at sharing. Ha

Do you remember which Wobbler? Whose arm do you have? :roflmao:
Image Image
2013 Rookie of the Year - COTM May 2014

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:56 am

Since this thread popped up again thought I'd add something new...well, actually old.

I love the print items of the early days. Too cool.

Mike Becker and company must have had too much fun back in the day creating all this stuff.

Image Image
2013 Rookie of the Year - COTM May 2014

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:24 am

Scotty wrote:.
Since this thread popped up again thought I'd add something new...well, actually old.

Mike Becker and company must have had too much fun back in the day creating all this stuff.

Awesome piece!!
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:18 pm

Those are really awesome old school pieces Scotty! Love the older catalogs!!
2020 Rookie of the Year
Colorado Funatic

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:24 pm

These are so cool and very interesting to see. Makes wish I knew more about Funko during that time. So many cool things. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Image Image Image Image

MissKitty

Postby MissKitty » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:42 pm

Scotty wrote:
MissKitty wrote:Mine is from Fundays 2014. The wobblers were being thrown out and I was able to grab one and someone grabbed it out of my hand (RUDE!) and all I have left is an arm. So if you see a wobbler with just one arm, you know that person isn't good at sharing. Ha

Do you remember which Wobbler? Whose arm do you have? :roflmao:

Honestly, not 100% sure. It was my first Fundays and it was insane!

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:34 am

That old ordering catalog is pretty neat to see, I do enjoy people sharing the history of funko for others to experience a little bit.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:56 pm

Did some sorting with the collection this afternoon, just realized that I managed to hoard these many catalogs through the years and these are the catalogs from 2014-2020.

I also have the pre-2014 catalogs in a binder in some random box in storage lol lol lol.

I am slowly consolidating my collection now, and hopefully once I have managed to sort through all, I can share my collection in one thread in a couple of months. :D

Slowly but surely we will get there! :D

Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

MasterSplyntr

Postby MasterSplyntr » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:39 am

I wonder if "Captain Funko" will ever make a return??
I be Chris

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:10 am

renardchua wrote:Did some sorting with the collection this afternoon, just realized that I managed to hoard these many catalogs through the years and these are the catalogs from 2014-2020.

I also have the pre-2014 catalogs in a binder in some random box in storage lol lol lol.

I am slowly consolidating my collection now, and hopefully once I have managed to sort through all, I can share my collection in one thread in a couple of months. :D

Slowly but surely we will get there! :D

Oh wow now that is a impressive set of catalogs and would be something they should consider putting all together in a bigger book.

@MasterSplyntr

It would be very cool to see Captain Funko to come back. Maybe Fundays?! :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Image Image Image Image

thefunkohunko

Postby thefunkohunko » Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:18 pm

Just picked up a special piece! This is the Funko Platinum Card! This was given out to Funatics who: were in good standing for 3+ years, attended 2 previous Fundays (or one Fundays and 2 FDOs), and had an 1000 post count minimum on the forums. Funatics who were eligible were sent this card to show to Mike and Brian at Funko events such as Fundays, Comic-Cons, etc. to receive a special limited edition product. I'm going to start a thread in Other Funko Products to see what and how many products were given out because of this card!
Hey y’all, I'm Austin! I love putting smiles on people’s faces through my love for collecting and art!
Follow me on Instagram @thefunkohunko and check out my Funko art portfolio!
Aspring Funko artist!
In search of 2004 SDCC Funko-Mart items & old school Funko memorabilia!

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:28 pm

thefunkohunko wrote:Just picked up a special piece! This is the Funko Platinum Card! This was given out to Funatics who: were in good standing for 3+ years, attended 2 previous Fundays (or one Fundays and 2 FDOs), and had an 1000 post count minimum on the forums. Funatics who were eligible were sent this card to show to Mike and Brian at Funko events such as Fundays, Comic-Cons, etc. to receive a special limited edition product. I'm going to start a thread in Other Funko Products to see what and how many products were given out because of this card!

Someone told me that Freddy Funko Ramone was given out at the 2011 booth. Not sure if that is true just what I heard
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:02 pm

thefunkohunko wrote:Just picked up a special piece! This is the Funko Platinum Card! This was given out to Funatics who: were in good standing for 3+ years, attended 2 previous Fundays (or one Fundays and 2 FDOs), and had an 1000 post count minimum on the forums. Funatics who were eligible were sent this card to show to Mike and Brian at Funko events such as Fundays, Comic-Cons, etc. to receive a special limited edition product. I'm going to start a thread in Other Funko Products to see what and how many products were given out because of this card!

Now this awesome. I read about this card and stinks they stopped giving them out for funatics on the board. Thank you for the share and it was pretty cool to see the card. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Image Image Image Image

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:43 pm

Happy Throwback Thursday everyone, for today I wanted to share this pre cut box art of “Count Chocula.” This specific one is special because it was gifted to me by an awesome Funatic friend! Back in early Funko days, the team would make like a rough draft of what the box was supposed to look like. The team would then add notes on what needed to be changed and what looked good. For example this specific one the coloring on “Count Chocula” was off and they wanted it the same as the wording. This would be changed for the final product! Hope everyone has a great weekend! Don’t forget to smile! ;-)
-Wobble On!
2020 Rookie of the Year
Colorado Funatic

icemanfan44
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby icemanfan44 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:20 pm

cool piece. still have mine somewhere. :freddy3:

They Call me Bear!
COTM 5/12

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:18 pm

After years of hunting it down, finally got the Batman Funko Lamps! :)

P.S. Hopefully Iron Man Lamp shows up soon as well! :)

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:40 pm

Now those are some awesome Batman lamps pal! Congrats on the new add's to the collection! =D>
2020 Rookie of the Year
Colorado Funatic

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:55 pm

renardchua wrote:After years of hunting it down, finally got the Batman Funko Lamps! :)

P.S. Hopefully Iron Man Lamp shows up soon as well! :)

Renard those are AWESOME! Congrats on finding them. I would grab one if they made a Superman one. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Image Image Image Image

Alleycat
HoF 2008 & CotY
HoF 2008 & CotY

Postby Alleycat » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:38 am

This is about as odd as they get....

Craig here......

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:29 pm

Alleycat wrote:This is about as odd as they get....

Love this, Craig. This is an un-released wobbler, I suppose?

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:29 pm

Craig that is a odd piece and it's USC as well. Very cool and thank you for the share. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Image Image Image Image

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:35 am

Tusken wrote:

Craig that is a odd piece and it's USC as well. Very cool and thank you for the share. :freddy3:

That’s pretty awesome! Proto as well
Image Image
ImageImage

itchykorean
Hall of Fame Class of 2005
Hall of Fame Class of 2005

Postby itchykorean » Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:24 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:

Yay, i finally found them! lol I have two...not sure how many there were but i'm sure Rev has them all :bow:

There were 5 of them.
Original Funko FunKlub Member 0004
Hall Of Fame Class 2005

Return to “Other Funko Products”