Funko Cereal!

Here's a place to talk about Funko's clothing, books and bookmarks, homeware, electronics, and the like.
Dsho333

Re: Funko Cereal!

Postby Dsho333 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:33 pm

FunkOCD wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:
Popfanatics wrote:They should just keep the cereal boxes the single serving size like the ones from DCon since no one seems to be eating the cereal anyways lol.

I would be down for that, would be easier to display too!

Or just sell empty boxes with just the pocket pop and not waste food? LOL

Definitely a solution, kinda like the sodas

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:48 am

Dsho333 wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:
I would be down for that, would be easier to display too!

Or just sell empty boxes with just the pocket pop and not waste food? LOL

Definitely a solution, kinda like the sodas

Very very true!
ImageImageImageImage

methodsmadness

Postby methodsmadness » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:13 pm

Observation: the cereals are getting very specific (Halloween Vampire Stitch, The Office/Dwight w/mask, Friends/Chandler Seagull Hair, etc.), rather than just a general character (Wonder Woman, Skeletor, Christmas Vacation/Cousin Eddie).

And while I am stoked that the line is continuing when I thought it was dead, I think I preferred the general character cereals...
Keep the MOTU line coming! :cherry:
Image Image Image Image Image

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:22 pm

methodsmadness wrote:Observation: the cereals are getting very specific (Halloween Vampire Stitch, The Office/Dwight w/mask, Friends/Chandler Seagull Hair, etc.), rather than just a general character (Wonder Woman, Skeletor, Christmas Vacation/Cousin Eddie).

And while I am stoked that the line is continuing when I thought it was dead, I think I preferred the general character cereals...

Are these 2 cereals exclusive to FYE? If so, then it makes sense since they had the exclusive versions of the pops. I think more specific character versions is more enticing than generic, but that's just me

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:56 pm

Did they ever make a Superman cereal? :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:10 pm

methodsmadness wrote:Observation: the cereals are getting very specific (Halloween Vampire Stitch, The Office/Dwight w/mask, Friends/Chandler Seagull Hair, etc.), rather than just a general character (Wonder Woman, Skeletor, Christmas Vacation/Cousin Eddie).

I’ve seen the Dwight with mask cereal, but I haven’t seen the others. I don’t have a preference I just like collecting the cereal for the box art. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:40 pm

I am still shocked that they haven’t done a Stranger Things cereal. Maybe even two, one for Eleven and one for a Demogorgon.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:44 pm

Tusken wrote:Did they ever make a Superman cereal? :freddy3:

No, but you always have Batman, Batgirl, Joker, Harley Quinn. Superman just doesn't get the love.

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:19 pm

fbingha wrote:

No, but you always have Batman, Batgirl, Joker, Harley Quinn. Superman just doesn't get the love.

could have been something they had lined up for the future but just never panned out :-k

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:22 pm

fbingha wrote:

They could make red, blue and yellow with green marshmallows? :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Image Image Image Image

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:32 pm

I would like to see a completely different type of cereal.
Image Image
ImageImage

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:03 am

DrunkoPop wrote:I would like to see a completely different type of cereal.

Do you mean like the type of actual cereal in the box? Like the generic O shape? If that's the case, I highly doubt it, it's cheap to make and people don't buy the FunkOs cereal to eat it, also the name doesn't really work if it's not an O.

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:22 am

Dsho333 wrote:

Do you mean like the type of actual cereal in the box? Like the generic O shape? If that's the case, I highly doubt it, it's cheap to make and people don't buy the FunkOs cereal to eat it, also the name doesn't really work if it's not an O.

Great point! But I have eaten the FunkO,s ;-)
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:23 pm

supertoygiant wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

I haven't and probably won't, kinda loses the appeal of the giant box if it's just empty

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:54 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

I haven't and probably won't, kinda loses the appeal of the giant box if it's just empty

Good point
Image Image
ImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:55 pm

supertoygiant wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

I had it twice and that’s it. :-&
Image Image
ImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:56 pm

Dsho333 wrote:

Yes. The actual cereal in the box should change imo. Just change the name and cereal all together.
Image Image
ImageImage

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:07 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

Yes. The actual cereal in the box should change imo. Just change the name and cereal all together.

I think the appeal is in the nostalgia of it, like getting a toy out of the cereal box, hence why they don't really care that it tastes bad. Kinda the same with the soda, it doesn't actual have soda in it so what's the point, it's all nostalgia

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:33 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

I think the appeal is in the nostalgia of it, like getting a toy out of the cereal box, hence why they don't really care that it tastes bad. Kinda the same with the soda, it doesn't actual have soda in it so what's the point, it's all nostalgia

Yea. I guess.
Image Image
ImageImage

pinklaquer

Postby pinklaquer » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:03 am

I wonder if they will throw out a few more lines?

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:07 pm

Whatever happened to the Freddy Funko cereal from designer con? The box with the Japanese writing. Did it ever get released anywhere???
Hi! I’m Eric

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:24 am

Mawhonic7 wrote:Whatever happened to the Freddy Funko cereal from designer con? The box with the Japanese writing. Did it ever get released anywhere???

thats a fair question you pose.. i don't think i've seen anyone post a pic tbh #-o

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:09 pm

Fingers crossed for a Superman Cereal someday with green marshmallows for kryptonite :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Image Image Image Image

methodsmadness

Postby methodsmadness » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:03 pm

Tusken wrote:Fingers crossed for a Superman Cereal someday with green marshmallows for kryptonite :freddy3:

Ha! Love this idea. (have the cereals had marshmallows in the past? I honestly cannot remember...)
Keep the MOTU line coming! :cherry:
Image Image Image Image Image

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:10 am

I kinda wish FunkOs was marketed as a legit cereal with the Pocket pop, and sold anywhere cereal is sold At an average price for cereal. I personally buy the cereal just for the pocket pop and I hold on to the box empty, collecting the cereal is hard to swallow. LoL
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:51 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:I kinda wish FunkOs was marketed as a legit cereal with the Pocket pop, and sold anywhere cereal is sold At an average price for cereal. I personally buy the cereal just for the pocket pop and I hold on to the box empty, collecting the cereal is hard to swallow. LoL

I think if Cereal caught on more, we probably could see it ending up in grocery stores for sure.
Collecting since 2014

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:11 am

nascar246788 wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:I kinda wish FunkOs was marketed as a legit cereal with the Pocket pop, and sold anywhere cereal is sold At an average price for cereal. I personally buy the cereal just for the pocket pop and I hold on to the box empty, collecting the cereal is hard to swallow. LoL

I think if Cereal caught on more, we probably could see it ending up in grocery stores for sure.

They would have to completely revamp the cereal to make it edible and then drop the price a few dollars and even then which characters do you do? They wouldn't get tons of space in the cereal aisle, maybe 2 types. And who that doesn't know about funko would buy a box of cereal for like 8 buck?

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:58 am

Dsho333 wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

They would have to completely revamp the cereal to make it edible and then drop the price a few dollars and even then which characters do you do? They wouldn't get tons of space in the cereal aisle, maybe 2 types. And who that doesn't know about funko would buy a box of cereal for like 8 buck?

If they could make the cereal more like $6 it could be very marketable, and they could just have different runs of characters on a monthly bases. I mean...if the cereal was edible, I would get it all the time. But, now I wait for it to be on clearance for $5, just to get the pocket pop and throw out the cereal lol
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:47 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

If they could make the cereal more like $6 it could be very marketable, and they could just have different runs of characters on a monthly bases. I mean...if the cereal was edible, I would get it all the time. But, now I wait for it to be on clearance for $5, just to get the pocket pop and throw out the cereal lol

Yeah it's definitely an issue with it tasting bad, because I too would get it alot if it tasted ok

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:04 pm

I'm still lukewarm on the cereal merch... But I agree that pricing is at the root of my position.

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:23 pm

mongoose12 wrote:I'm still lukewarm on the cereal merch... But I agree that pricing is at the root of my position.

What if they start to make the cereal into the shapes of the characters the cereal is based on? Also did they do a Freddy cereal yet? :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Image Image Image Image

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:58 pm

Tusken wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:I'm still lukewarm on the cereal merch... But I agree that pricing is at the root of my position.

What if they start to make the cereal into the shapes of the characters the cereal is based on? Also did they do a Freddy cereal yet? :freddy3:

They made both original Freddy and Santa Freddy FunkOs.

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:09 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
Tusken wrote:

They made both original Freddy and Santa Freddy FunkOs.

Hmm good to know. Thanks for looking out Dsho333. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Image Image Image Image

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:59 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

Yeah it's definitely an issue with it tasting bad, because I too would get it alot if it tasted ok

Got the new Vampire Stitch and attempted to taste the cereal and the chemical smell the inside of the bag and cereal were DISGUSTING!!!
ImageImageImageImage

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:04 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

Got the new Vampire Stitch and attempted to taste the cereal and the chemical smell the inside of the bag and cereal were DISGUSTING!!!

Not to mention it has something that turns your mouth whatever color...amongst other things. lol

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:19 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

Not to mention it has something that turns your mouth whatever color...amongst other things. lol

Yup after taste testing at dCon I should've known better! LOL
ImageImageImageImage

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:52 am

scullysdad wrote:I am still shocked that they haven’t done a Stranger Things cereal. Maybe even two, one for Eleven and one for a Demogorgon.

Your right scullysday...that is interesting they didn't do one. I could see them rolling it out if they ever did next year when the show comeback and during Halloween. Maybe the cereal pieces could be waffles or the number 11? :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Image Image Image Image

ShellyGt86

Postby ShellyGt86 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:49 pm

Curious question, I only have three boxes of the cereal. Gollum, Freddy Kruger and Jason Vorhees. Would you open the box to get the pocket pop out and discard the box or keep these intact?
To live will be a great Adventure... :grommit:Image]

Image[/url]

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:20 am

ShellyGt86 wrote:Curious question, I only have three boxes of the cereal. Gollum, Freddy Kruger and Jason Vorhees. Would you open the box to get the pocket pop out and discard the box or keep these intact?

Every cereal box that we’ve collected has been unopened. lol lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

ShellyGt86

Postby ShellyGt86 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:46 am

Thanks for the reply.
To live will be a great Adventure... :grommit:Image]

Image[/url]

Return to “Other Funko Products”