Pocket Pop Keychain

Here's a place to talk about Funko's clothing, books and bookmarks, homeware, electronics, and the like.
jjb11590

Pocket Pop Keychain

Postby jjb11590 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:34 pm

First off, thanks for reading this post/topic...secondly, my apologies if this type of topic has already been made before. I tried searching but couldn't really find anything quite like I was hoping to find.

Updating to see what's your Favorite PPK?
Do you use it/them regularly or do you display in the box?

...for me my current fav is the HT Exclusive Batman Classic TV Series PPK. As of now, I still have mine in their boxes except for Saitama (which I use for my work keys) and the regular Batman PPK (that I use for the keys to my house)

I have a small handful of Pocket Pop Keychains [PPK's]; I think they're neat and for the price point, about what touristy keychains cost.
I struggle regularly with my other Funko products, one of the age-old questions, to collect in or OOB and until a few days ago, I never considered 'collecting' PPK's because most of the time the top part of the box is usually bent (unless it's from an on-line order from a reputable shipper i.e. Funko, as opposed to Walmart)...

The other day, the screw eye (the part that screws into the PPK's head) came out and it got me wondering, other than the [now] hole on the PPK's head, they would probably make a pretty cool mini pop if the screw eyes were removed.

Here are my questions, which may or may not turn me into a PPK collector too :freddy3:

Are there any other collectors out there that intentionally do this to their PPK's? Unscrew the screw eyes and display them OOB? If so, what do you use (if anything) to fill in the [now] hole on top of the PPK's head?
If there are any pictures floating out there of displays, please post to give me ideas.

Any other hints/tricks/tips/etc, like always, are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Last edited by jjb11590 on Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

Rocky625

Re: Pocket Pop Keychain

Postby Rocky625 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:01 pm

I’ve never done this to any PPKs but I like the idea!
Patricia

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:01 am

I've done this to some of my PPKs, like for example, the Alien (Toy Story) is one prime example where you can create a great diorama using an army of them.
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

SithLord

Postby SithLord » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:31 am

renardchua wrote:I've done this to some of my PPKs, like for example, the Alien (Toy Story) is one prime example where you can create a great diorama using an army of them.

Now that is an awesome idea!!

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:09 am

SithLord wrote:
renardchua wrote:I've done this to some of my PPKs, like for example, the Alien (Toy Story) is one prime example where you can create a great diorama using an army of them.

Now that is an awesome idea!!

Yeah!!! Something like that! Do you have a photo of how it turned out?
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:29 pm

I've done it and don't find a need to fill the hole since it can't be seen. But I've thought about I and what comes to mind is caulk or melted crayons to match the color some what.
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

Mags

Postby Mags » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:28 pm

I've spent time thinking about this before! I love keychains but loathe the idea of having something bigger than my actual keys on a keyring because I know I would end up ripping the keychain or it would keep getting caught on things or just make my keys too heavy to want to deal with.

I personally would use a small amount of modeling clay to fill in the hole the eye left behind and then use paint that has been matched to the color of the surrounding area to hide the fill.

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:59 pm

supertoygiant wrote:I've done it and don't find a need to fill the hole since it can't be seen. But I've thought about I and what comes to mind is caulk or melted crayons to match the color some what.

Hmm...melted crayons eh? Interesting! I wouldn't have thought of that, but it might be worth a shot.
Thanks!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:19 pm

Mags wrote:I've spent time thinking about this before! I love keychains but loathe the idea of having something bigger than my actual keys on a keyring because I know I would end up ripping the keychain or it would keep getting caught on things or just make my keys too heavy to want to deal with.

I personally would use a small amount of modeling clay to fill in the hole the eye left behind and then use paint that has been matched to the color of the surrounding area to hide the fill.

Thank you! That'll be worth a shot too!

Maybe I'll just pick up a few extra's and tets out a couple of different ways, then I can figure out which way I like the best.
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:27 pm

I love PPKs, I only have a few DC ones but that’s all I really need right?
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:46 pm

That's a really solid and creative idea! I'd love to see it :)

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:28 am

jjb11590 wrote:Are there any other collectors out there that intentionally do this to their PPK's? Unscrew the screw eyes and display them OOB? If so, what do you use (if anything) to fill in the [now] hole on top of the PPK's head?
If there are any pictures floating out there of displays, please post to give me ideas.

Thanks!

Honesty I never thought about it, but will be following this discussionsince it sounds better than keeping them in box
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:26 am

StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:Are there any other collectors out there that intentionally do this to their PPK's? Unscrew the screw eyes and display them OOB? If so, what do you use (if anything) to fill in the [now] hole on top of the PPK's head?

Thanks!

Honesty I never thought about it, but will be following this discussion since it sounds better than keeping them in box

I've taken a few off of the key chains/eye hooks and 'some' are too top heavy so I'm really curious as to what may be used secure them down wiothout making then seem STUCK (if that makes sense.

For those that have done something similar before, any pictures or suggetsions here?
Thanks!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:20 pm

I'd like to see more Freddy PPK!

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:22 pm

mongoose12 wrote:I'd like to see more Freddy PPK!

There is only one at the moment, so yes, we need MORE!!!!
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:24 pm

supertoygiant wrote:

I had a gold 1/24 for a brief period :)

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:47 pm

mongoose12 wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:

WHAT???????? :eek:

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:08 pm

Yeah lol

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:02 pm

mongoose12 wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:

lucky...that is one of my grails
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:54 am

mongoose12 wrote:Yeah lol

Awesome PPK!!!

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:29 am

:eek: :eek: :eek: so beautiful!!
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:23 am

Strending625 wrote:

thank you...sadly i had to let it go, freddy game became too consuming lol

A-Okay

Postby A-Okay » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:34 am

jjb11590 wrote:
StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:

Thanks!

Honesty I never thought about it, but will be following this discussion since it sounds better than keeping them in box

I've taken a few off of the key chains/eye hooks and 'some' are too top heavy so I'm really curious as to what may be used secure them down wiothout making then seem STUCK (if that makes sense.

For those that have done something similar before, any pictures or suggetsions here?
Thanks!

Perhaps a small amount of quake hold?
I agree, displaying them can be difficult. I have a lot of PPKs and I took them all OOB for the Funky Hundo. I made lei type necklaces with PPKs in the place of flowers..they turned out neat! I have been too lazy to dismantle the necklaces (about 40 PPKs were used), so they are hanging on coat hooks lol
Hi, I'm Kelly!
I collect Pop!, Dorbz, PSH, Hikari, Bimtoy's Tiny Ghost/Chanpu Chanpu, and anything Freddy Funko
I hunt and collect with my boys
Maui Zaui all day long!!!

Image Image
ImageImage

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:17 am

A-Okay wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:

Thanks!

I agree, displaying them can be difficult. I have a lot of PPKs and I took them all OOB for the Funky Hundo. I made lei type necklaces with PPKs in the place of flowers..they turned out neat! I have been too lazy to dismantle the necklaces (about 40 PPKs were used), so they are hanging on coat hooks lol

Ah HA, Quake Hold...The Museum Putty (I had no idea what that was. I needed to look that up); looks perfect though. I just added some to my Amazon cart. Cool! I'll have to experiment with that too. Great suggestion. Thanks!!!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:21 am

mongoose12 wrote:
Strending625 wrote:

thank you...sadly i had to let it go, freddy game became too consuming lol

WHOA, that's EPIC and would totally be a grail for me too!...but that probably would never leave the box. I've never had the pleasure of having such a limited number of ANY Funko product.
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:48 am

I lobe the PPK's but have stopped buying them because a lack of way to display really. Like others I do not reallu use for keychain purposes. I have all the DW ones and most of HP. I have a scatter of ones from other lines but they are in a pile in my storage area. Was just thinking of selling? Might have to research some display with taking key chain out.

I know in the display thread someone took the HP advent calendar ones (basically PPK with no key chain) and hot glued them in a shadowbox with nice background.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

A-Okay

Postby A-Okay » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:10 pm

jjb11590 wrote:
A-Okay wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

Thanks!

Ah HA, Quake Hold...The Museum Putty (I had no idea what that was. I needed to look that up); looks perfect though. I just added some to my Amazon cart. Cool! I'll have to experiment with that too. Great suggestion. Thanks!!!

Youre welcome!! I grew up in California and it was my first thought lol
Hi, I'm Kelly!
I collect Pop!, Dorbz, PSH, Hikari, Bimtoy's Tiny Ghost/Chanpu Chanpu, and anything Freddy Funko
I hunt and collect with my boys
Maui Zaui all day long!!!

Image Image
ImageImage

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:13 pm

Valde wrote:I love PPKs, I only have a few DC ones but that’s all I really need right?

I'm guessing that you have the 2 Superman PPK's? They're both pretty cool!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:16 pm

hailmary25 wrote:I lobe the PPK's but have stopped buying them because a lack of way to display really. Like others I do not reallu use for keychain purposes. I have all the DW ones and most of HP. I have a scatter of ones from other lines but they are in a pile in my storage area. Was just thinking of selling? Might have to research some display with taking key chain out.

I know in the display thread someone took the HP advent calendar ones (basically PPK with no key chain) and hot glued them in a shadowbox with nice background.

If you really are thinking of selling some of your older ones, DM me...I'm getting a bunch of ideas that I want to try from this thread. Buying PPK's in 'bulk' from a fellow FUNatic may be the best for me...?
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:40 pm

jjb11590 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:I lobe the PPK's but have stopped buying them because a lack of way to display really. Like others I do not reallu use for keychain purposes. I have all the DW ones and most of HP. I have a scatter of ones from other lines but they are in a pile in my storage area. Was just thinking of selling? Might have to research some display with taking key chain out.

If you really are thinking of selling some of your older ones, DM me...I'm getting a bunch of ideas that I want to try from this thread. Buying PPK's in 'bulk' from a fellow FUNatic may be the best for me...?

I will let you know which ones I have.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:00 pm

I've considered it and sometimes when I'm bored and/or out and about I unscrew the Pennywise Pocket Pop! Keychain on my lanyard, but normally I just keep them in their boxes. The ones I come across are usually in good condition.
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:52 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

I will let you know which ones I have.

Sounds great! I appreciate it! \:D/
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:02 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:I've considered it and sometimes when I'm bored and/or out and about I unscrew the Pennywise Pocket Pop! Keychain on my lanyard, but normally I just keep them in their boxes. The ones I come across are usually in good condition.

SHOCKER! You, of all people, have a Pennywise PPK?! JK Which one do you use regularly, the one with Balloon? :clown: :compress:
I guess I don't have as much luck as you with finding nicer boxes, maybe I live in a rougher part of SDCA lol...although there's only 1 HT near us now, so they must know all of us FUNatics by now, right?
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:03 pm

jjb11590 wrote:
Valde wrote:I love PPKs, I only have a few DC ones but that’s all I really need right?

I'm guessing that you have the 2 Superman PPK's? They're both pretty cool!

I have a Batman too, the blue version.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:42 pm

jjb11590 wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:I've considered it and sometimes when I'm bored and/or out and about I unscrew the Pennywise Pocket Pop! Keychain on my lanyard, but normally I just keep them in their boxes. The ones I come across are usually in good condition.

SHOCKER! You, of all people, have a Pennywise PPK?! JK Which one do you use regularly, the one with Balloon? :clown: :compress:
I guess I don't have as much luck as you with finding nicer boxes, maybe I live in a rougher part of SDCA lol...although there's only 1 HT near us now, so they must know all of us FUNatics by now, right?

I know, I know! It's INSANE! I hate Pennywise too...why do I even have this thing! lol Just kidding, obviously. I have the one with the balloon. He's my favorite! :clown:
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:32 am

YeetGrimes wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

I know, I know! It's INSANE! I hate Pennywise too...why do I even have this thing! lol Just kidding, obviously. I have the one with the balloon. He's my favorite! :clown:

Of the Pennywise PPK's, the one with the Balloon is my favorite too!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:35 am

jjb11590 wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

i got my assistant (huge horror fan) that same pennywise ppk...she loves it and still uses it lol

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:46 pm

mongoose12 wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:

i got my assistant (huge horror fan) that same pennywise ppk...she loves it and still uses it lol

Awesome! I wish mine didn't get so beat up, though. Looks like the Losers Club got to him! lol

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:10 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

Awesome! I wish mine didn't get so beat up, though. Looks like the Losers Club got to him! lol

It's like when you actually use them as keychains they do get 'beat up'...my Batman one that I use most often looks like some DC Villains got to him...but he's still stickin around!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:04 pm

jjb11590 wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

It's like when you actually use them as keychains they do get 'beat up'...my Batman one that I use most often looks like some DC Villains got to him...but he's still stickin around!

Who knew?! lol!

Return to “Other Funko Products”