Pocket Pop Keychain

Here's a place to talk about Funko's clothing, books and bookmarks, homeware, electronics, and the like.
jjb11590

Re: Pocket Pop Keychain

Postby jjb11590 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:04 pm

PhoenixForce wrote:
heymrosario wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

Soooo awesome!!
Gonna make me one for SDCC? lol

@Jason, are you accepting orders now? haha lol lol lol

Please make me one! lol ;)

Bahahaha my new side hustle -- custom PPK lanyards tailored to your fandoms and personalities.

That's a great Idea!
...You can make Marc and I 'practice' ones and then after that, start charging lmao
Need a marketing manager? Lets create you a IG/Twitter page for your upcoming business lol
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

heymrosario
SCCA 2023
SCCA 2023

Postby heymrosario » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:33 pm

PhoenixForce wrote:
heymrosario wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

Soooo awesome!!
Gonna make me one for SDCC? lol

Bahahaha my new side hustle -- custom PPK lanyards tailored to your fandoms and personalities.

If you’re taking serious inquiries... count me in! I’d die if it was a Marvel’s PPK lanyard ;) lol lol

Hey there, I'm Marc! (•◡•)
Collector since '14 • Photographer • Designer
Follow me on Instagram: @heymrosario

heymrosario
SCCA 2023
SCCA 2023

Postby heymrosario » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:34 pm

jjb11590 wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:
heymrosario wrote:

That's a great Idea!
...You can make Marc and I 'practice' ones and then after that, start charging lmao
Need a marketing manager? Lets create you a IG/Twitter page for your upcoming business lol

I like this idea A LOT! lol lol lol

If you need any social advertisements... I gotchu too haha lol

InternationalPopper

Postby InternationalPopper » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:37 pm

heymrosario wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:

That's a great Idea!

Very interesting idea! :D :D :D
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
- InternationlPopper - :freddy2:

heymrosario
SCCA 2023
SCCA 2023

Postby heymrosario » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:59 pm

InternationalPopper wrote:
heymrosario wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
That's a great Idea!

Jason will have a team in no time! lol ;)

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:04 am

So i just started using a Hulk from Ragnorok keychain, and i dig it, but i had been getting used to fewer keys lately, so I’m trying to think up a different Funko option that wouldn’t feel so clunky.

heymrosario
SCCA 2023
SCCA 2023

Postby heymrosario » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:46 pm

Dbactor wrote:So i just started using a Hulk from Ragnorok keychain, and i dig it, but i had been getting used to fewer keys lately, so I’m trying to think up a different Funko option that wouldn’t feel so clunky.

Have you tried removing the chains from the keychains, so they'll look more like Pop minis instead? I know there's a hole from the screw, but I think it looks kinda cool displaying them.

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:52 pm

heymrosario wrote:
Dbactor wrote:So i just started using a Hulk from Ragnorok keychain, and i dig it, but i had been getting used to fewer keys lately, so I’m trying to think up a different Funko option that wouldn’t feel so clunky.

Have you tried removing the chains from the keychains, so they'll look more like Pop minis instead? I know there's a hole from the screw, but I think it looks kinda cool displaying them.

That’s a great idea! I’ll definitely try that out, thank you

heymrosario
SCCA 2023
SCCA 2023

Postby heymrosario » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:23 pm

Dbactor wrote:
heymrosario wrote:

Yeah, of course! I've done it and they look awesome! it doesn't take up so much space. One tip, if you want to keep them from falling down, add some poster putty. \:D/ \:D/ Can't wait to see what you have! \:D/ \:D/

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:57 pm

heymrosario wrote:
heymrosario wrote:

Hahahahaha you all are crazy :roflmao:

Hi, I'm JASON!
You can follow me on Instagram: @jpg_rising or on Twitter: @jpg_rising
I also have an Instagram just for my Funko Photography: @PhoenixForcePhotos
I've been collecting since 2013: It started with Marvel and quickly became a collection of, a little bit of everything in between!

heymrosario
SCCA 2023
SCCA 2023

Postby heymrosario » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:07 pm

PhoenixForce wrote:
heymrosario wrote:

Hahahahaha you all are crazy :roflmao:

Make it happen! Haha chop chop! Lol lol ;) ;)

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:09 pm

heymrosario wrote:
Dbactor wrote:
heymrosario wrote:

Yeah, of course! I've done it and they look awesome! it doesn't take up so much space. One tip, if you want to keep them from falling down, add some poster putty. \:D/ \:D/ Can't wait to see what you have! \:D/ \:D/

I put up the cereal Christmas Freddy mini this year, it was perfect over the fireplace. Used a little white sticky pad, worked well, but putty does sound better and less obvious.

heymrosario
SCCA 2023
SCCA 2023

Postby heymrosario » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:55 am

Dbactor wrote:
heymrosario wrote:
Dbactor wrote:

I put up the cereal Christmas Freddy mini this year, it was perfect over the fireplace. Used a little white sticky pad, worked well, but putty does sound better and less obvious.

Aww, that's awesome!! I hung my Pop keychains on my little Christmas tree last year. I loved it so much that I might start doing it every year as a tradition. I might start adding more to it. \:D/

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:09 pm

heymrosario wrote:
Dbactor wrote:
heymrosario wrote:

Aww, that's awesome!! I hung my Pop keychains on my little Christmas tree last year. I loved it so much that I might start doing it every year as a tradition. I might start adding more to it. \:D/

I love seeing that earlier, i think i might do that with my son as he gets older.

heymrosario
SCCA 2023
SCCA 2023

Postby heymrosario » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:58 pm

Dbactor wrote:
heymrosario wrote:
Dbactor wrote:

I love seeing that earlier, i think i might do that with my son as he gets older.

You should totally do it! It's really fun!! I can't wait to see what you'll do! \:D/

FerrisGuy3

Postby FerrisGuy3 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:54 pm

heymrosario wrote:
Dbactor wrote:
heymrosario wrote:

This looks awesome. I now think I will need to buy a mini tree for this Christmas
Hi, I’m Tom. Michigan Based Funatic collecting since 2014

heymrosario
SCCA 2023
SCCA 2023

Postby heymrosario » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:07 pm

FerrisGuy3 wrote:
heymrosario wrote:
Dbactor wrote:

This looks awesome. I now think I will need to buy a mini tree for this Christmas

Honestly, I bought a mini tree last year just for the pop keychains haha #TrueStory

I was dying to make a Pop! inspired Christmas tree, so here we are lol \:D/

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:11 pm

Gonna be a lot of Funko trees going around...maybe we should have a Funko pop tree made for just the occasion?

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:25 pm

So did anyone else see the recent reissue of the Sorcerer Mickey pocket pop? No keychain!
Just your average Muppet fan who loves Pops.
Funko Wish List: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/poppriceguide/users/muppetspot

SithLord

Postby SithLord » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:46 pm

Man I really wish they made MOTU PPKs!!!!

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:06 pm

Need the classics! Spastiks!

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:04 am

I’d actually like if they did some that were just the head. I mentioned before that i like them not to be bulky, and removing the body would actually be alright with me.

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:40 am

jjb11590 wrote:First off, thanks for reading this post/topic...secondly, my apologies if this type of topic has already been made before. I tried searching but couldn't really find anything quite like I was hoping to find.

Updating to see what's your Favorite PPK?
Do you use it/them regularly or do you display in the box?

...for me my current fav is the HT Exclusive Batman Classic TV Series PPK. As of now, I still have mine in their boxes except for Saitama (which I use for my work keys) and the regular Batman PPK (that I use for the keys to my house)

I have a small handful of Pocket Pop Keychains [PPK's]; I think they're neat and for the price point, about what touristy keychains cost.
I struggle regularly with my other Funko products, one of the age-old questions, to collect in or OOB and until a few days ago, I never considered 'collecting' PPK's because most of the time the top part of the box is usually bent (unless it's from an on-line order from a reputable shipper i.e. Funko, as opposed to Walmart)...

The other day, the screw eye (the part that screws into the PPK's head) came out and it got me wondering, other than the [now] hole on the PPK's head, they would probably make a pretty cool mini pop if the screw eyes were removed.

Here are my questions, which may or may not turn me into a PPK collector too :freddy3:

Are there any other collectors out there that intentionally do this to their PPK's? Unscrew the screw eyes and display them OOB? If so, what do you use (if anything) to fill in the [now] hole on top of the PPK's head?
If there are any pictures floating out there of displays, please post to give me ideas.

Any other hints/tricks/tips/etc, like always, are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Hey there,

Thanks for creating this discussion.

My favorite PPK is Appa! I currently have it OOB with my car keys.

I’m looking forward to Pokemon PPK!

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:41 am

Dbactor wrote:I’d actually like if they did some that were just the head. I mentioned before that i like them not to be bulky, and removing the body would actually be alright with me.

I like this idea specially because, if you have them OOB and wear them with your keys, the body can break off.

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:46 am

heymrosario wrote:
Dbactor wrote:
heymrosario wrote:

I might just have to do try this!

With two cats in the house, I’ve skipped the tree twice :eek:

Thanks for the great idea \:D/

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:46 am

We need the rest of the ad icons
Collecting since 2015: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:16 am

rontonsoup wrote:We need the rest of the ad icons

Who are the rest of the ad icons, I rather just see the cereal guys get released and then other ones
Funko Wish List: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/poppriceguide/users/muppetspot

heymrosario
SCCA 2023
SCCA 2023

Postby heymrosario » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:29 am

Ratattack wrote:
heymrosario wrote:
Dbactor wrote:

Make sure to put your tree at a higher elevation lol We don't want your cats to play around with the keychains too haha lol

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:28 am

heymrosario wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
heymrosario wrote:

Make sure to put your tree at a higher elevation lol We don't want your cats to play around with the keychains too haha lol

Noted!

I might try to find a Hard Stack like acrylic cover for it lol

heymrosario
SCCA 2023
SCCA 2023

Postby heymrosario » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:13 pm

Ratattack wrote:
heymrosario wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

Noted!

I might try to find a Hard Stack like acrylic cover for it lol

haha smart! That's going to be a lil' expensive, but I can't wait to see your tree! Keep me posted! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:37 pm

Dbactor wrote:I’d actually like if they did some that were just the head. I mentioned before that i like them not to be bulky, and removing the body would actually be alright with me.

Give it time, everyone I have used as a keychain loses the body and becomes just a head.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:02 pm

Ratattack wrote:

I like this idea specially because, if you have them OOB and wear them with your keys, the body can break off.

I havent had that happen yet, but it definitely would be frustrating. Very good point!

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:09 pm

Dbactor wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

I havent had that happen yet, but it definitely would be frustrating. Very good point!

It's not the best feeling when it happens. This is why I switch to my Appa PPK for my car keys.

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:39 am

MacKazoo wrote:

Who are the rest of the ad icons, I rather just see the cereal guys get released and then other ones

Yeah that’s what I mean, they need to make the rest of the cereal pops

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:04 am

rontonsoup wrote:
MacKazoo wrote:

Oh yeah I agree on that especially with the Monster Guys and Buzz.

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:09 pm

MacKazoo wrote:
rontonsoup wrote:
MacKazoo wrote:Who are the rest of the ad icons, I rather just see the cereal guys get released and then other ones

I’m sure they’ll come out with them depending on how well they sell.

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:20 pm

rontonsoup wrote:
MacKazoo wrote:
rontonsoup wrote:

I’m sure they’ll come out with them depending on how well they sell.

The only one I saw not selling as much was Cap’n Crunch, I’m pretty certain we’re going to get another series

Karubin

Postby Karubin » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:29 pm

heymrosario wrote:
Dbactor wrote:
heymrosario wrote:

I might do that for all my Pop Keychains. I love them, I probably have more than 80. lol

Calvin
IG: karubin_funko
Twitter: Karubin_funko

Main Line: DBZ, MHA, Naruto, NBA, Anime, Kingdom Hearts, and Overwatch
Sub Line: Freddy Funko, Pop Asia, Marvel, DC, and etc.
Pop!: 2,000+
Dorbz: 150+
ISO: Atomic Freddy & Hall H Freddy

Funko events attended FUNday 2019: Team Loko Moko, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FunKon 2021, Virtual FUNday 2021: Team Proto Punks

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:10 am

Karubin wrote:
heymrosario wrote:
Dbactor wrote:

I might do that for all my Pop Keychains. I love them, I probably have more than 80. lol

That’s quite the collection on it’s own. Generally i keep myself from collecting other Funko lineal, but I’m gettin gonna more inclined to snag up more of these.

FunkoAlphaBravo

Postby FunkoAlphaBravo » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:49 am

I can’t wait for my local Gamestop to get the office pocket pops!
Hi all! We’re Annie and Beto. We have been collecting since 2016
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Other Funko Products”